Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't think it helps their sales at all. In fact the adds are kinda dumb, like the Aussie pushing the broom? He was an actor on JAG and then left the show, did the commercial and I heard...committed suicide. (He was Australian.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I haven't even SEEN this one!! You can tell I tape everything and fast forward through the commercials!!! But, when I DO hear someone with a British accent, I'm having to STRAIN to understand them--especially if it's a Cockney type accent. Now, it's not hard to understand the Queen or Prince Charles but some of the others sound like they are speaking a FOREIGN language!!!

BUT---I admit to being FASCINATED with the British Royal family!! I went to London for the Queen's Golden Jubilee and was just a FEW FEET from her when she came into Royal Ascot in her carriage!! I was not much further from her when she came back to Buckingham Palace after her official birthday parade and celebration. Honestly--it was just AMAZING. I really wanted to be invited to a GARDEN PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She must not have gotten my message!!!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I don't think it helps their sales at all. In fact the adds are kinda dumb, like the Aussie pushing the broom? He was an actor on JAG and then left the show, did the commercial and I heard...committed suicide. (He was Australian.

Thats the one. That dumb broom commercial.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

like the Aussie pushing the broom? He was an actor on JAG and then left the show, did the commercial and I heard...committed suicide. (He was Australian.
    I didn't know that! I remember him being on JAG and I've seen the same guy do bit parts on other shows. Suicide?

As for brits selling brooms, I think he was supposed to portray the action heros from the movies that had that australian flavor. I can't think of the names of them.

Chalk that up to the ignoramuses who write the ads. I can't believe those people get paid for such half-baked work. In fact there have been lots of commercials I've seen dozens of times that I couldn't tell you what they are advertising at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I haven't even SEEN this one!! You can tell I tape everything and fast forward through the commercials!!! But, when I DO hear someone with a British accent, I'm having to STRAIN to understand them--especially if it's a Cockney type accent. Now, it's not hard to understand the Queen or Prince Charles but some of the others sound like they are speaking a FOREIGN language!!!

BUT---I admit to being FASCINATED with the British Royal family!! I went to London for the Queen's Golden Jubilee and was just a FEW FEET from her when she came into Royal Ascot in her carriage!! I was not much further from her when she came back to Buckingham Palace after her official birthday parade and celebration. Honestly--it was just AMAZING. I really wanted to be invited to a GARDEN PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She must not have gotten my message!!!!!
    My brother-in-law is from South Africa and has a really 'thick' british accent. I cant even understand him half the time. Thank goodness their visits are rare. I get so irritated listening to him, so I just nod whenever he speaks.
    Bootsie- It must have been thrilling to be so close! I would love to visit Buckingham Palace.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I will have to admit I was AWE-Struck. And, the friends I was staying with were Irish and they just don't GET my fascination with all things BRITISH. One lives and works in London and has for YEARS but she will retire back to Ireland. The other one is my "adopted daughter" from Ireland and I have been there and stayed with her family three times. I don't have any trouble understanding her AFTER a couple of days. But, when I've been in Ireland and a BUNCH of them get together and start talking, I'm just like DUH!!!

One day I will have to tell you my experience at Royal Ascot. Okay, if you insist, I will but DON't LAUGH!! Okay--so this is the horse race of the YEAR and everyone is dressed to the nines with hats and the works. So, I have on my "Royal Ascot" outfit complete with hat and all. And, we were able to get seats on the "lawn" which was REAL close. They had a bunch of like park type benches set up on the lawn and we got one of those. I had bet on one race and my horse was WINNING so I JUMPED up on the bench to better see the end of the race. My horse won and I was so excited that, when I got ready to step down, my heel caught the hem of my skirt that had elastic around the waist and PULLED IT DOWN TO MY ANKLES. SWEAR TO GOD. LUCKILY, I had on a slip that was almost the same color and I jerked it up real quick but not before my adopted daughter saw what happened along with probably THOUSANDS of people in the STANDS and the QUEEN!! Paula and I were just CRACKING up and we couldn't talk. My other friend ,Helen, didn't see what happened and she was just STARING at us MAKING FOOLS of ourselves and she kept asking what was wrong but we could NOT TALK for maybe TEN MINUTES. So, I showed my ROYAL ASS TO THE QUEEN AT ROYAL ASCOT!! The next morning, I turned on the "telly" just KNOWING that some photographer had caught that shot but, as far as I know, they didn't. THAT was THE MOST EMBARASSING thing that ever happened to me!!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie
    YOU MOONED THE QUEEN!!

I plead guilty. I WISH you could have seen it. It loses something in the telling!!!

Oh Bootsie!! That is the best story I've ever heard. Right out of a Goldie Hawn movie and you lived it!!

And Butterbean, you got it--Bootsie Mooned the Queen of England!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

HAR. HAR. I can LAUGH NOW. Seriously, I even laughed then because there wasn't much else I COULD DO!!! You KNOW that those THOUSANDS of people HAD to see that. I mean--I was STANDING ON A BENCH for God's sake. UP ABOVE everyone else's HEADS! It was just SO mortifying. That's probably why I didn't get an invitation for a garden party. Someone probably told the Queen that I was the one who stripped at Royal Ascot in the year of her GOLDEN JUBILEE!!! CLEAR DOWN TO MY ANKLES, I TELL YOU. No half measures for me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast