Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    William,

I know you are doing talk radio, but has an alert gone out to all of the major talk show hosts that this event is occuring or encouraging citizen voters to hit the Senate Offices tomorrow?

Psalm 139:14
    The press release will be drafted and proofed tonight in announcements and will then go out to the nation very early tomorrow morning starting around 6-7am EST.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler
    Sen. Sessions said the vote will be at 0900 EST when on Dobbs earlier.
    That's not good for us west coast people.
    We do not have a confirm on that.

Do not let any rumors dissuade you.

Make plans to be there early unless you hear the cloture vote has already happened via an official press source.

The worst that can happen is for you to get to the Senate office and find out the vote has already taken place.

You will still be able to make your opinions known to any staff or press on site at the offices.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William I don't want to hijack this thread but did you see this thread about this VERY Important issue in the bill. It's being discussed on KFI if I'm not mistaken by a law professor for the Heritage Foundation. We need this out on the airwaves:

A lawyer from the heritage foundation is talking about the legal morass that will be created by this bill. Its ALL CRAZY and in TOTAL SUPPORT of EVERYONE else BUT the citizens.

There is a clause that says that z-visa workers for agriculture CANNOT be fired (unless they steal etc..) so if work is slow, they STILL must be paid and have a job. But get this... American citizens DO NOT get this benefit. So in essence, the companies will have to FIRE AMERICAN workers while keeping these newly prospered illegal immigrants.

In short. This bill gives these newly benefited people BENEFITS that supercede those of American citizens.

Is there a compiled list of all the things this bill gives people BEYOND those benefits american citizens get......??

I suggest if you want more on this see that thread and discuss it there. I only put this here for Williams information.

W

Senator Sessions seems to think support for this bill is eroding, so I think some will not vote for it that would have before. Sessions has really been hammering the other Senators and he says some are starting now to realize what is actually in this bill. How many minds he may have changed, we don't know yet.

But watching Kennedy a little bit ago and Reid's mood, makes me think they don't have the support they did have. One can only hope.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Sessions on the floor now asking Reid the time of the Cloture vote.
    I think Reid is checking on it. They went to a quoram call.

FYI: From Michelle Malkin's website (cloture vote tomorrow am??):

Rolling updates on Senate floor activity

7:41pm update. Debate on shamnesty is over for the day. Looks like we are headed to cloture vote tomorrow morning.

7:17pm update. I stepped away when the Baucus amendment was voted on. The Senate voted not to table it. A Hill source explains that “this is a big deal because Reid’s Clay Pigeon strategy relied on killing amendments so that he could continue his vice grip on the Senate floor. The result of this vote was the Baucus amendment remained alive and the clay pigeon strategy was temporarily derailed and thus Senators’ rights were restored. The remaining amendments in the clay pigeon will not be voted on now before the cloture vote. In all likelihood Reid will give up on the clay pigeon strategy and move that the next vote be on cloture tomorrow morning because he does not want this bill to be debated under regular Senate order. [b]So now the Senate is moving fast towards a Thursday morning cloture vote (probably at 10:30) that is still a de facto vote for final passage of the amnesty bill.â€

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggIt
    W the most recent info I have is from Hannity today with Voinovich. If he is any indication on the other senators they don't know what they are voting for with these amendments and they don't have print copies nor have they read the bill (still). The feeling that they are completly ignorant of what this bill means is overwelming. They have been supplied a ( SUMMARY OF THE BILL) by who knows who. sorry nothing else.
    This 'bill' is an outrage and obscene gesture to the American public and all lawmakers. What we are seeing before us is The Fall of The American Republic.

The sham is exposed and too many Americans know it now. Thank God for Senator Jeff Sessions and the others that are speaking out.

W
    I copy that!
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I think they are talking about allocating time before the Cloture vote. Reid never did answer Sessions question about the time.

Yes, he gave sessions 10 min, 5 from fat teddy and 5 from spector

Ken
    Ken Dreger

Sessions saying the wheels are coming off with the Baucus amendment and he said for anyone listening tomorrow morning is a very important vote.

As debate has gone along, more people have realized

I think you'll see erosion of support tomorrow.

Sessions is asking to stop the bill now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast