Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeff said it was a bucket with holes in it, he is right it is a bucket of YOU KNOW WHAT! Hint: It is brown and stinky!

Ken
    :P
    Ken Dreger

God Bless Sessions. He is hanging in there tonight trying to help the American people. I am listening closely to see if he offers any more clues.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One question brought up my another member, if felons here illegally are granted amnesty, they get to vote when they become citizens but US citizens that have been convcited of felonies lose their right to vote.
    Why?
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Sessions says over the last three weeks the people's support had dropped even more for this bill.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sessions says let's not continue down this path. We should probably follow the people's suggestions.

Enforcement first.

It appears Sessions is speaking to get the other Senators to agree to drop this bill.

There is no way to know how many are still on the floor listening.

Session says I think more and more of the Senators who voted for closure will not vote for Cloture tomorrow.

He's done and the Senate continues at 9:30 A.M.

So, the senate votes Thursday after 1 hour of debate, they open at 0930, so the vote should be around 1100 EST

Good luck to all...

Ken
    Ken Dreger

FROM FOX NEWS:

"Late Wednesday, two Republicans, Sens. Kit Bond of Missouri and Richard Burr of North Carolina, told FOX News that they will switch their vote and not try to prevent the filibuster. One Democrat who never votes against cloture, Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska, also told FOX News that he will vote "no" this time."

More here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286973,00.html

Outstanding!
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

I heard the first cloture vote is to proceed and it takes a majority of 60, the second vote is to pass the bill but it only will take 50 votes to pass.

Craigs office does not open until 11:00 here, but I will go over there anyway early, maybe because of the vote they will come in early, then I will go straight to newspaper office and see if I can get an article in the paper right away. I will write both senerio's tonight so they will be ready.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast