Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I must apologize for an earlier post. William, when I saw that you mentioned a post about someone threating to not donate to ALIPAC and donate to Ron Paul's campaign instead I felt really imbarrased. I can't believe that I was one of the loons you were talking about! Oh my gosh, I really am sorry for that. I guess I do feel very frustrated regarding the absense of support for Ron Paul. I fully support ALIPAC and it's cause. I did send money when you were trying to warn voters about Huckabee in Iowa. I will send money again. I am still backing Ron Paul all the way, so in the meantime I must send all the money I can right now to help his campaign. You do an exellent job of alerting people to the problems we are facing regarding illegal immigration. My hat's off to you and again I appologize for my past post. Thank you, Alexandra

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    There has to be some political connectivity as they are going to basically ramp up a campaign to ostracize ALIPAC and pro-Constitutional folks over the next few months.
    Who is they?

I like Ron Paul's policies. I'de love to see him win.

Thank you for all the great information.
    Ron Paul gave a speech today to a crowd of 8,500 + enthusiastic supporters at Liberty University. You can see the video at Daily Dose at RP's campaign site.

John McCain gave a speech today to 350 supporters.

Seems RP is picking up supporters from other ex candidate camps.
    I'm impressed that Ron Paul is still in this. Otherwise, I would loose interest in the election completely.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I still don't get the criticism of so called "loons"...

what exactly are we to not believe??

I think the real loons are people that ignore the constitution in D.C. in more than half of the legislation they pass and are feeding at the trough of special interests.....that support giving billions of dollars to dictators such as Musharif and Kim Jong Il, arming all sides, having to hunt down former "allies", paying to protect foreign countrys when we can't afford it....allowing the Fed Reserve to issue worthless paper notes instead of silver or gold, not auditing them. Having rumsfeld tell Americans 2+ trillion dollars are missing at the pentagon....send border guards to Iraq while letting them stream across our own.

etc. and etc. and etc. and etc.

That is what you call LOONY. Not throwing the bums out is INSANE.

I'd say that the Hannity's deserve every bit of criticism for disparaging the only real conservative running: Dr. Paul.

Re: non profits

Quote Originally Posted by jazzloversinc
    Non profits can't endorse political candidates or they would lose their 501 (c) 3. but William could personally endorse Ron Paul. That would help emmensly since Romney has bowed out.
    We are a non profit, but we (ALIPAC) are not a 501c. We are a 527 corporation designed to be able to endorse and do as we please.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We are definitely going to redirect our attentions to the state laws and congressional campaigns, yet it might not hurt us to endorse Ron Paul.

We are looking into it.

W
    The last email from Ron Paul indicates that he will NOT run third party. SO if you're going to endorse him, better hurry!

But he is still adding advisors. He is totally committed to getting his message out, and will do so until we stop sending him cash apparently.

I think that a lot of the refusals to donate to ALIPAC came from a fear of being shunned. It has happened to us again and again in this campaign.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Closing/securing the border and stopping illegals are the MOST important issues in regard to urgency and time.
    Exactly and Ron Paul is the only candidate who has signed Numbers pledged (beside Huck who we cannot trust) to stop IA's and will work toward ending "Birthright Citizenship".
    Because that group of people have made themselves seen/heard throughout the country-----it would hurt Alipac and the entire anti-illegal movement if they supported Ron Paul at this time.

The media would use the experiences with those people to fight against any anti-illegal efforts. Talk radio show hosts would definitely not support/endorse Ron Paul-----not after what they did to Hannity-----and William needs that media connection.

However, it is William's organization and decision.......So, ultimately, the decision is his.
    The decision is not just mine to make. It is our decision to make.

ALIPAC has a board of advisers and I consult them by phone and e-mail. We also have a lot of discussions with our Executive officers, moderators, and top activists.

Sometimes, there are decisions that have to be made fast and I have to make a call.

Whenever possible, we involve as many others in the decision making process as possible.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by RJHawkins
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    LordXar,

One of the very big problems I'm starting to develop with possibly endorsing the Ron Paul campaign is the over aggressive, hostile, accusatory, and sometimes flagrantly paranoid messages we are receiving from SOME Ron Paul supporters.

Many of our national supporters like Ron Paul and are voting for Ron Paul, but unfortunately Paul's campaign has also attracted some Lunatic Fringe element.

These people have accused me of being on the take, being paid by Lou Dobbs, working for the CIA, and being a member of the Scull and Bones.

We were threatened by one activist in the west that if we did not utilize our e-mail alert system the way she wanted for Ron Paul she would launch an Internet crusade against ALIPAC. Earlier this week, half my work day was spent dealing with a crazed Ron Paul supporter that did not like one of our emails.

We have been told, a few times, that we will receive no future donations if we don't do this or that. These threats have come exclusively from Ron Paul supporters.

We have been criticized for not endorsing Paul already. We have been criticized for not endorsing Romney beforehand.

We had to ban more people than ever before from our boards due to hostilities between the Paul and Romney supporters that were violating our rules and the Ron Paul supporters were more likely to require banning 2 to 1 over Romney supporters.

ALIPAC has done a great deal to help both Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. The vast majority of our supporters voted for one of the two of them.

If Ron Paul's campaign is going to have a chance, you folks need to reign in this small faction of Ron Paul supporters that are giving the campaign a very bad name.

Other groups in the movement have reported the same kind of overly hostile contacts and wild accusations.

This small cadre of Ron Paul supporters that are acting fanatical and rude are causing the campaign great harm because they are more likely to turn people off to the Ron Paul campaign than to persuade people to join.

My exposure to these people have really dampened my earlier enthusiasm for the Paul campaign.

W
    The thought has crossed my mind that (some, many, most of) these 'Ron Paul supporters' of whom you speak may very well not be supporters at all, but operatives in the employ of those who want Dr. Paul's message to be marginalized.

I think we all know that there are people who are paid piles of money to cruise forums such as this and plant statements whose ONLY aim is to discredit that forum. You've seen it here at ALIPAC more than once. There are trolls over at the Ron Paul forums that are doing this 24/7 in an attempt to disrupt and discredit the entire movement.
    I can assure you that some of the crazy e-mails I've been getting lately are indeed from Ron Paul supporters.

The problem that I am mentioning for Ron Paul is also a problem for our movement. There are some one man or one woman shoes out there in our cause that are absolutely insane (see Jim Gilchrist) and when they step into the limelight, it hurts us all.

W

The attack on Sean Hannity in New Hampshire DEFINITELY happened. He showed it on his television show----and it was brought up on Hannity's radio show as well as many other radio shows.
    It was a snowball, for heaven's sakes. Perhaps not the wisest move ever, but hardly an attack of the magnitude that whiny Hannity apparently made it out to be.. We have a lot of youthful energy in the Paul movement. No doubt they are frequently their own worst enemies.

I know you've seen how the media can spin immigration rally incidents - this same media is the source you're now citing?

None of the talk show hosts talk rationally with Ron Paul supporters. So attack them verbally, insult them, do everything but address the issues. You can't treat tens of thousands of people like that and not expect some of them to get mad.

Hannity and Fox News have a special place in Ron Paul hell, for absolutely refusing to even mention his name when discussing the candidates.

I was also a Ron Paul precinct captain, and they effectively killed Paul's campaign by refusing to discuss him. SO many people had never heard of him, or thought he had dropped out...

www.ronpaultimeline.com keeps logs on all the non-reporting and mis-reporting. We had a professor from ....argh! I can't remember the nameof the college...but anyway, a professsor at a college you've heard of came to us to get information. He is going to use Ron Paul's campaign as an example of the power of the media, and the effect of collusion in the news market. I did not get the impression that he was necessarily a supporter. If he was, he was the least interested supporter I've ever met.

So while Paul is very markedly an advocate of non-violence....Hannity deserved a snowball. People who spread propoganda deserve some instant karma.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    I must apologize for an earlier post. William, when I saw that you mentioned a post about someone threating to not donate to ALIPAC and donate to Ron Paul's campaign instead I felt really imbarrased. I can't believe that I was one of the loons you were talking about! Oh my gosh, I really am sorry for that. I guess I do feel very frustrated regarding the absense of support for Ron Paul. I fully support ALIPAC and it's cause. I did send money when you were trying to warn voters about Huckabee in Iowa. I will send money again. I am still backing Ron Paul all the way, so in the meantime I must send all the money I can right now to help his campaign. You do an exellent job of alerting people to the problems we are facing regarding illegal immigration. My hat's off to you and again I appologize for my past post. Thank you, Alexandra
    alexcastro,

You are not one of the 'loons' I'm talking about. The loons have accused me of being on the payroll of the CIA, CFR, and Lou Dobbs.

I think that Ron Paul has energized a lot of new people into the political process and that is good. So, some people just have some rough edges on their approach and messages because they are new at politics and getting politics to work the way they want.

The "loons" in my opinion are true paranoids that see more shadows than truth. They find comfort among those of us in the immigration enforcement movement and around the Ron Paul campaign that are looking at actual conspiracies and trickery.

I'm starting to think that our world of dealing with true behind the scenes betrayals is both an attractant and cover for some people that have serious mental issues.

And in the case of any public personality be it a leader, candidate, talk show host, or movie star, the bi-polars are drawn like moths to anyone or any issue in the public eye. Any major campaign I have ever worked on could count on hearing from people with bipolar disorder when experiencing a lot of media coverage. The phones ring off the hooks with them at the major political party offices.

Some of the people I have known with this disorder are highly intuitive and perceptive, but they cannot control it. Sometimes they can walk up to you and say what it is you are thinking at the moment. Other times, they see demons and angels tearing at their skin.

W

I love Ron Paul, but truthfully, I do not think it would benefit ALIPAC to endorse him.

It might bring some Ron Paul traffic to the site, along with donations...and god knows we're activists.

There's a ton of people in the campaign who are running for local offices because Ron Paul told them that's how to take back the country. Waving signs and posting on the internet only goes so far.

Heck, my husband and I are sporting shiny new GOP Precinct Captain badges. IF we did it for Ron Paul, we can do it for Ron Paul Republicans.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast