Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have stated on this forum many times that I will vote Ron Paul till the end. I think now is the time for everyone to support him also. We were told to get behind Romney, but now he's out. Ron Paul is the only other canidate that you can trust. Especially regarding illegal immigration matters. I thought that was what ALIPAC was formed for, stoping illegal immigration. He does not coward down to any special interest or lobbyist. He will carry out his promises. He is not pandering to any paticular race. He feels we are all equals. He has promised to end chain migration, and no other canidate has even talked about that. I hope that we can come together on this. I don't think Lou Dobbs wants to run. You already have a canidate in the race that has your best interest at heart.

agreed.

I absolutely agree with this. Ron Paul is still standing and he will continue. He wants to amend the 14th amendment and end birthright citizenship . No more anchor babies. He doens't even want to allow them in the education system or have medical...how much stronger do you want???

Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    I have been very active as a volunteer in my local Ron Paul campaign. It was my first time canvassing and distributing literature at my polling place.

One thing that was a major frustration for me, was that the majority of Republicans I spoke with were casting their votes as if this were a horse race. I can't tell you how many people I canvassed who said they really thought Ron Paul was the best candidate, but thought he couldn't win. (Now, one could argue, were they making that assumption themselves, or were they just regurgitating what is constantly being fed to them by the media?)

Maybe it's me but, when you're betting on horses you vote for who you think will be the winner. But when you're voting for the next leader of the free world, you're voting for whom you believe shares your principles and would best represent the American people. PERIOD.

Instead, many people are voting out of fear. And that fear is HILLARY. I've had people say they would vote for ANYONE if they thought that particular candidate could defeat her for the Presidency. I imagine if Musolini were alive today and running against her, many people would think we'll... he's not exactly perfect but ANYTHING is better than Hillary!! Obviously, I'm joking here (sort of), but I'm trying to make a point about this illogical way of thinking. This is EXACTLY why we continue to elect the same old corrupt do nothing politicians year after year after year. We will NEVER break this cycle unless we start voting based on our principles rather than our party! Urgghhhh.... that's really a pet peeve of mine!

Getting back to the Paul campaign, supporters have varying opinions. Lew Rockwell has an excellent article out today in FAVOR of a third party run. He argues that Ron Paul can never get a fair shake by the Republican party. (as seen by many dirty tricks being orchestrated during voting. Yesterday in NY, many people were told they couldn't vote for him because he had dropped out!! You still think we live in a free country???)

Rockwell writes that since many voters have become so alienated by the GOP, the party is near extinction anyway, so Paul might as well go for it. In the past Ron Paul was very adamently against it. But I've been hearing rumours that he may be softening. So, this is STILL a possibility.

Then there's discussion for a brokered convention. To be quite honest, I don't know much about it other than a candidate has to be only a few percentage points away from the leader in order for this to happen.

I guess some people are hoping that if the donations continue to come in, he's going to take it as far as he can go. The thinking could be that from day 1, he was the only candidate talking about the grave danger our economy is in, and how it is directly tied into our foreign policy. As the economy contiunes to slide, he is the ONLY candidate that can run circles around these guys on this issue - especially McCain. (who wants us to have 100 yr. wars) I've heard well established economists mention that Ron Paul really knows this stuff and then some. Maybe if people start seeing that McCain basically avoids this subject like the plague, and Ron Paul has an actual plan for the economy, that may win him more votes. I don't know..

Then I heard about this former Viet-Nam Vet who has plans to expose McCain for the fraud that he is with the goal being a brokered convention and the "cleansing" of the Republican party of the Leftists that have infiltrated it. It's not to support Ron Paul, but more of a revolution within the party.

I'll post more information of that in a brand new thread so that more people will see it. I guess I'm leaning toward an independent run because I've seen what is going on within the party and they are going all out to blacklist Ron Paul because he is a major threat to the corrupt establishment.

But it's not going to matter if it's McCain vs. Hillary. They are friends behind the scenes. People have to stop thinkig in terms of a two party system. The Bushes and Clintons have also been friends behind the scenes for many years. Rupert Murdoch from so called Conservative FOX News has been backing her. I'm learning that this is all an ILLUSION people! A candidate has already been choosen. It's Hillary, and they are putting up a dead horse to go against her - McCain. I wouldn't be surprised if he already knows it and has been promised some cabinet position. In a poll taken last year, out of all the GOP candidates, Ron Paul was the only one who defeated Hillary! (Probably why the media has blacklisted him) And how ironic will that be? People voting for Mccain thinking he can defeat her are actually delivering Hillary to the Whitehouse.

That's why I feel our situation is so dire and that more people need to back Ron Paul. I don't understand this hesitation for a man who clearly is a Conservative has never flip-flopped on issues, has integrity and has dedicated his life to protecting and defending the Constitution.

I apologize if I'm rambling on here and took the long way around in trying to answer William's question. I'm exhausted from campaigning. I'm disgusted from what I've seen. I have received first hand experience of how dirty politics can be (I was following polling place procedures for campaigning yet someone called to complain that I was causing a "disruption" - for just being there mind you- not to mention someone stole all my signs!) And then the rude awakening as to how corrupt our voting system truly is.

I just want my country back. I want more people to wake up, stop watching the MSM and learn to think for themselves. My personal opinion is to back Ron Paul no matter what. I'm just an average citizen. I'm not making any money out of this. Who would you rather trust? The MSM telling you who to vote for or one of your American neighbors who wants the same things in life as you?

Did you see how McCain began to steamroll once the endorsements came in? My philosophy is just do the right thing. Make a statement for the Constitution. It's not about backing who you think might win. It's about backing who you KNOW has a principled voting history and represents the vision that the founders created for our country. The more people who do this, the more people will follow. I fear our country is running out of time. But we CAN do this if we just open our eyes and have the courage to stand up for principles than any particular party. Afterall, there are more of us than them!
    Chloe,

Thanks for the post. I could not have said it better.

I do not plan on giving up.

I still plan on doing phone banking in other states now that ca primaries are over.
    Everything that Dr Paul stands for is what this Country desperately needs.

Thanks for all your hard work, freedom is not free.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

...because America is not for sale and our sovereignty is not negotiable!
    <blockquote><di

Ron Paul for President!!!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wonderful post from Chloe. Sums up my feeling perrfectly. I don't want to vote "against" anyone, or vote out of fear. I want to vote FOR someone and I feel I can do that with Ron Paul.

The GOP's major problem is that it refuses to unite behind a candidate. No, Make that Conservatives -- Conservatives refuse to unite and that will be our downfall!!!

Unite BEHIND Paul. Yes, chances are slim, but not so slim if everyone would just unite behind him.

Vote FOR this wonderful, quality candiate who knows what is right for America. His speech to CPAC was outstanding last night -- dh and I were listening to it in the car -- he was just so right on everything -- and he was entirely passionate and articulate. He also, I believe, would not radically institute his changes overnight -- he realizes it would have to be done in increments. He is a reasonable man, by any measure.

Contrast that with what we have before us with these MSM candidate and I'd feel 100% safer under a Paul presidency than any other. And whatever happened in WV is a small offense compared to the multiple sins of the so-called majority candidates we have before us now as well.

Ron Paul is consistent and always has been. You know what you are getting with him.

Why have a Constitution if we're not all really going to follow it??

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Xar
    since everyone is all juiced over dobbs, ping dobbs on the downlow and get him to either VP for Ron or Ron to vp for dobbs.

The Paul campaign has a plan. Trust in that.

Remember, this is the SAME candidate that many of you were saying had 10 pimply faced kids in a basement, as supporters. Remember?

Now, with over 600,000+ votes cast for him in the first part of the primary (and that is with the complete media blackout and the obvious MSM manipulations of a 2-man run and even what we have seen here: vote romney to derail McCain)... SO, Ron's support is rather large.

What you also don't know is where Ron placed very well. CNN is being blatant in their omissions.

So, my point being. Once there were 12, now there are 3. Who would have thought.

Alipac. What you are failing to understand is that you are waiting too long. You are afraid to "pull the trigger".

IF you endorse Ron Paul as the GOP candidate, that would go far. BUT that does not mean you preclude an endorsement for a third party run (ala, dobbs). You are giving your endorsement for the GOP nominee.

Think on that. Your endorsement of a GOP nominee is DIFFERENT than your endorsement for Presidential candidate (if dobbs runs).

Alipac. Whatever you do, you need to do it fast and stand behind your endorsement.

I will ask you to endorse Ron Paul for the GOP Nominee. That is the only hand you have. If you wait for some miracle third party, be it Dobbs or Ron Paul - you don't have that luxury.
    LordXar,

One of the very big problems I'm starting to develop with possibly endorsing the Ron Paul campaign is the over aggressive, hostile, accusatory, and sometimes flagrantly paranoid messages we are receiving from SOME Ron Paul supporters.

Many of our national supporters like Ron Paul and are voting for Ron Paul, but unfortunately Paul's campaign has also attracted some Lunatic Fringe element.

These people have accused me of being on the take, being paid by Lou Dobbs, working for the CIA, and being a member of the Scull and Bones.

We were threatened by one activist in the west that if we did not utilize our e-mail alert system the way she wanted for Ron Paul she would launch an Internet crusade against ALIPAC. Earlier this week, half my work day was spent dealing with a crazed Ron Paul supporter that did not like one of our emails.

We have been told, a few times, that we will receive no future donations if we don't do this or that. These threats have come exclusively from Ron Paul supporters.

We have been criticized for not endorsing Paul already. We have been criticized for not endorsing Romney beforehand.

We had to ban more people than ever before from our boards due to hostilities between the Paul and Romney supporters that were violating our rules and the Ron Paul supporters were more likely to require banning 2 to 1 over Romney supporters.

ALIPAC has done a great deal to help both Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. The vast majority of our supporters voted for one of the two of them.

If Ron Paul's campaign is going to have a chance, you folks need to reign in this small faction of Ron Paul supporters that are giving the campaign a very bad name.

Other groups in the movement have reported the same kind of overly hostile contacts and wild accusations.

This small cadre of Ron Paul supporters that are acting fanatical and rude are causing the campaign great harm because they are more likely to turn people off to the Ron Paul campaign than to persuade people to join.

My exposure to these people have really dampened my earlier enthusiasm for the Paul campaign.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William, I am so sorry to hear that there are some Ron Paul supporters out there acting like horses' behinds. Please don't judge us all because of those crazies. Most of us are very staunch in our support of Dr. Paul because we see him as someone we can actually trust (imagine that!) to support the Constitution as President, and maintain our sovereignty as a nation. He is not allied with the CFR, Bilderbergs, or other like organizations and obviously has the best interests of AMERICA at heart, rather than some global agenda. Ron Paul is a man of ethics and honor. When is the last time we could say that about ANY politician?

Thank you for all you do and all you put up with running ALIPAC. You have given me and many others a voice in what happens to our nation that we never knew we could have. I wish I could send huge donations to ALIPAC because it is so valuable, but we have trouble just paying the bills each month, so I'll do what little I can to push for secure borders and laws being enforced by annoying my elected representatives on a regular basis!

God Bless You as you work for justice!

Many of our national supporters like Ron Paul and are voting for Ron Paul, but unfortunately Paul's campaign has also attracted some Lunatic Fringe element.

All the campaigns have attracted Lunatics. How about Lindsey Grahamnesty and Joe Lie berman. They are not exactly the boys next door.

Paul should not be blamed for a few over enthusiastic supporters. At least they are out in the open, and not making back room corrupt deals with their best washington insider friends.

I will continue supporting Paul to the end. If nothing else, I want to send a clear message that I do not agree with censorship, corruption, media blackouts of certain candidates in order to promote their CFR favorite. They are not going to fool me.

If Paul is strong enough to fight through this evil, I will stand by him all the way. The sacrifice of principals in our election process is what has given us Bush and now possibly McCain, Hillary or Obama. Any way you look at it, this country is doomed unless we stand up and take our government back.

While I completely agree that Dr Paul has some real over the top supporters that are definitely lacking in the decorum department. OTOH Paul has been subjected to more ridicule and degradation than any 10 term Representative of his stature deserves, thus putting a lot of his followers on the defensive.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    While I completely agree that Dr Paul has some real over the top supporters that are definitely lacking in the decorum department. OTOH Paul has been subjected to more ridicule and degradation than any 10 term Representative of his stature deserves, thus putting a lot of his followers on the defensive.
    Quite right, kniggit!! Maybe we're paranoid because they really are out to get us!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast