Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Blueman,

Can you give me a quick call on the alipac lines found at the bottom of each page on our site please.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

See, even the prospect of defending their position rocks them to their core.

They will do anything to silence you . (overdramatic)

I might have jumped off the handle, condemning myspace, just because of that other forum post.

But from what I gather, it's just a tool of Murdoch, and will betray our cause at a point he deems useful.

-pa

I think there are a lot more people who agree with Bluman's actions then they let on... Meaning, there are many who are fearful of going against the grain. But BlueMan should keep pushing the issue, make his organization grow, and just the fact people (students/facility @ drake universaity) are discussing this is progress

Hey guys, I have an update.

First, I want to thank William for the productive phone call. He brought up some very good points.

Well, we went to the student senate meeting tonight. It was widely rumored that our group was going to be a topic of discussion. I was actually very impressed by the way our student body president handled the issue. He was very non-biased against us and even came up to talk to us afterward. He even said his opinion changed about us after we talked and even though he disagrees on a few points, he feels we have the right to do what we're doing.

Here's what we found out tonight:

* there have been some very high-up meetings at our school about us involving the university president and the board of trustees (I think the board, but don't quote me, we were writing very fast)

* the university is going to prepare a statement concerning this whole issue, but the point is not to condemn us or anything. It is merely just something to send to all students concerning what has been taking place. I'll be sure to post that statement here so you guys can check it out.

* The student senate president said it is not the student senate's position to censor us. It is the university's place and he doubts that it will happen.

* We have lost temporary organizational status until we find a new faculty advisor. That means we are not able to reserve rooms, post things, etc. Quick note on that: Like I said, the advisor we had has been the CR's advisor for like 5+ years. We find it odd that his ineligibility just now becomes an issue, but whatever, we'll just deal with it. The woman who has the power on this issue, according to the senate, is willing to help groups who are affected by this find a new advisor. She's gone over spring break, so if I can't get one before we get back, we're going to have her get us one. Either way, we'll be back up as an organization very soon.

* There is also probably going to be a forum put together in which professors will be discussing this issue. According to the student senate president, they will present both sides to the issue in a good manner. We'll be watching this development very carefully, but at least it doesn't appear hostile or outright against us at this moment. That is reassuring.

So, thats what happened tonight.

This next week we're on spring break. I'm going to spend the whole time doing more research on this issue.

However, William brought to my attention the urgency of getting a good website put up. I've been doing web design since my freshman year in high school so thats no problem. I'm going to get something done during break (hopefully on monday and tuesday). I can get a very professional site done in only a few days at the most.

So, things aren't as bad as we might have thought. I'm very excited to see where things go after spring break. We've got a lot of things we want to do so I'll keep everyone informed of course

Great news, good work!

-pa

I love fiesty kids

I would be very interest to know the outcome of the "forum". Can you keep us posted?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    I love fiesty kids

I would be very interest to know the outcome of the "forum". Can you keep us posted?
    oh yeah, I'll be sure to keep everyone posted

Great news Blueman. Hope to see your website soon and new chapters springing up around the country!

They can't stop you.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great Job Blueman. I'm not as young as you, but I'll be glad to post some of your flyers around our school campus. I have found people at my university who agree with us, so who knows maybe your organization can start a great national trend among universities.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

My letter to your school paper.

Very interesting thread....

After reading it, felt compelled to write your school paper, and my only regret is that I missed the deadline for this week's paper.

Here is what I wrote:

Dear Delphic:

It was with interest, and some degree of sadness that I read a letter pinned by Mitchell C. Stehlik wherein he encourages various members of your campus to speak out against the "supposed* racist actions of a new group on campus known as "Citizens For Tight Borders" and going so far as to call on campus administration to censure the group.

A part of the problem was the language of posters they place on campus, and objection to such words as invasion in referring to the 15-20 million illegal aliens currently residing within the borders of the United States of America, stealing our jobs, and greatly taxing our social services infrastructure. I would be curious to know what word Mitchell C. Stehlik would call it when we have 15-20 million illegal aliens in our nation already, with another 3 million more expected just this year alone if not and invasion? Stampede perhaps, or maybe he would prefer infestation as a more acceptable descriptor for this sad plight?

Let me give you a few fact to consider. Illegal aliens, over 80 percent of them of Latino decent depress middle class wages by some 200 Billion dollars each and every year with the amount growing yearly. Furthermore, they send back to their home countries in remittances another 85 Billion dollars a year to support families back home. Being a college campus, I am sure there are numerous economics classes, so should be no problem to verify that for every dollar you put into and economy, you create five more, and for every dollar you withdraw from the economy, you eliminate five more...now, I know I am getting old at almost 50, but 285 Billion Dollars times five means these illegal aliens are robbing our American Economy of over 1.4 TRILLION dollars a year.

Illegal Aliens like to state that they pay taxes...true to some degree, but statistics show that they use well over 15 Billion dollars a year more in services than they contribute to the tax base, and this is BY CONSERVATIVE ESTIMATES.

Those supporting these COMMON CRIMINALS who are illegally crossing our borders to steal our jobs and our way of life LOVE to trot out the race card, and label those who demand our laws be abided by as racist, but it is a red herring. I am German, Dutch and Irish with a bit of Basque French tossed in for the halibut, my wife is Italian, English and Scottish, and our niece's husband is Ecuadorian and Italian...in short, our heritage is one of many races from many lands, the heritage of migrants. However, our forebears were LEGAL IMMIGRANTS to the United States, we abided by the rule of law, followed the rules to get here, respected the reality that America could only absorb so many of the huddled masses. I embrace all those who have come to America LEGALLY, and feel we as a nation owe them our respect, and our hands held out with all the help we can give them in seeing they find the success they so richly deserve. Conversely, I hold no respect for those who have willingly broker our laws, have no respect for common criminals who illegally cross our borders and bring a pricing structure to numerous job markets that and honest, law abiding tax paying citizen cannot compete with.

The members of "Citizens for Tight Borders" are not bigots, are not unsocial radical outcasts of society that should be censured or even banned from your university. Instead, they are speaking the voice of America's middle class, bringing forth the pain we are being forced to endure as illegal aliens steal away our jobs, the bread from our tables and our very way of life. I am a landscaper here in the metropolitan New York area...a landscaper that loses numerous jobs to companies that have no issues with hiring illegal aliens. If I want to price my work competitively, I have to either A) break the law by hiring illegal workers, or B) break the law by finding customers willing to pay me in cash so that I can avoid paying the taxes needed to keep America strong. Should I be forced to stooping to the level of illegal aliens who have no issues with violating our laws, should I stoop to becoming a common criminal so that I can compete with those who should not be here to begin with?

You campus needs to applaud "Citizens for Tight Borders", needs to create a political agenda for the campus that preserves this great nation. A strong Southern Border complete with a 2200 mile long wall is a great start. Implementing a law that would make it a felony to aid illegal's, hire illegal's, or rent to illegal's would be another step in the right direction. Putting and end to anchor babies by eliminating instant citizenship to any one born here is another step down a road this nation needs to travel down, and passing legislation that gives illegal's the choice of either returning to their homelands, or facing life in prison would be another I would recommend. Contrary to what some naive souls seem to think, we are not a nation with endless bounty, there is a limit the number of immigrants we can absorb at any given period of time, and I find it sad that the president of the Drake Democrats would try to trot out the race card in a wrong attempt to stifle this groups freedom of speech, and would stoop to calling for censure to drown out a voice of reason.

Sincerely,
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast