Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Sure it could

The house just passed 9000 odd crazy pork projects with billions

And they couldn't find some spare change to at least get a good
    start on the fence?

There is something wrong with this picture

JOHN CORNYN STATES NEW BILL DOES NOT GUT BORDER FENCE FUNDS

Boy they are really doing some tap dancing on this issue. I thought you'd like to know they emailed me this prepared article (probably because they are getting so many calls) and verbally told me that Cornyn will vow to build the border fence but is "sensitive" to the land owners and border patrol's input before building. That's the first I've ever heard of a Texas politician not willing to use "eminent domain" at the drop of the hat and damned the land owners if they don't like it. Look at the Trans Texas Corridor project. I went to a TTC meeting in Floresville and out of the 100's of people there only 1 person raised their hand in favor. Gov. Perry is shoving this down Texan's throats in spite of unanimous protest and a bill by the Texas Legislature to stop it !

See article from Cornyn's office below....it's practically calling you guys lying alarmists.
    S.AMDT.2466

To provide local officials and the Secretary of Homeland Security greater involvement in decisions regarding the location of border fencing.

Contrary to highly misleading reports, the net result of year-end Congressional appropriation actions is a huge step forward for border security. The legislation does not “gutâ€

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    usanevada wrote:

Actually lack of will and funding go hand in hand

The ones with the authority to dole out the cash are not going
    to do so because they promote open borders and the invasion

Bush could put 50k troops on the border tomorrow , actually its his
    duty to do so but there is no will there to do it , likewise build the
    fence ,
    Obviously I wan't clear. What I'm saying is the funding could be had if the will was there.
    the money can be put back if we try hard enough

Yes, it is a refusal not a failure to build the fence and secure our borders!

What can we do beyond worrying our reps to a frazzle? Congress and Senate?
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Catslave
    Yes, it is a refusal not a failure to build the fence and secure our borders!

What can we do beyond worrying our reps to a frazzle? Congress and Senate?
    This sounds crazzy
    but as a last resort we will build the thing our self it would get ten times the news then it gets now...

Okay, they did gut the double fence of Hunter's but I am somewhat encouraged that they still have the pedestrian fence in the works. At least it's something. Then when that doesn't slow them down, we can erect the second one as Hunter had planned. Am I dreaming? Probably
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

mw You are right. It's the will that is lacking, in the fence or interior enforcement.

I just don't think they ever intended to build a fence - I don't bet, but dollars to donuts, Cronyn never intended it to be built.

We call ourselves a superpower and seem to think we should police the war and we can't defend our own country?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12