Page 371 of 740 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    True Patriot on C-Span

Submitted by MrSingh on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 11:35
    Current Events

While our president continues to further sales of military hardware in the names of his wars... at least this lady was bringing attention to the consequences that aren't being discussed.

"What About The Hundreds Of Innocent People WE Are Killing With OUR Drone Strikes In Pakistan!"

True Patriot on C-Span | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Legendary Billionaire Investor Jim Rogers Supports Ron Paul

Submitted by myajace on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 13:20
    Ron Paul 2012

Jim Rogers is one of the most successful investors of our lifetimes. Starting out in his twenties with $600 in his pocket, he “retired” at age 37 with more money than anyone could possibly spend.

"Ron Paul is the only American politician that seems to have a clue about what's going on in the world"

"If he got anywhere near the nomination, I would certainly support him"

I'd say Dr. Paul is getting awfully close to a real shot at the nomination Jim..You said you don't usually get political but you ALWAYS vote. One can only assume that you would vote for Ron Paul. If you believe we still have a chance to change our country and the world, and you're willing to vote for the only man that can steer us in that direction, PLEASE make a charitable donation to one of his Super Pacs, or perhaps create your own.

Legendary Billionaire Investor Jim Rogers Supports Ron Paul | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Alex Jones Is Back On Board!

Submitted by watchman53 on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 12:28
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Indiana

Get to www.infowars.com right now,or at least listen to todays episode sometime today. Alex talked to Matt Larson, and he, Alex, is backing the delegate strategy to the hilt.

Alex Jones Is Back On Board! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Fahrenheit 2012: Suppressing Dissent in the 21st Century

Submitted by The Daily Paul on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 12:03
    May 1, 2012 | The Corbett Report

The ease with which political and governmental bodies have been able to block the publication of books that are uncomfortable to the Washington elite, and even to destroy entire print runs of tell-all whistleblower stories, has greatly increased. Simultaneously, books that fulfill a social function of rallying the populace around the flag and supporting the dominant narratives of our time, from the war on terror to the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, are given copious attention by a fawning lapdog press.

Fahrenheit 2012: Suppressing Dissent in the 21st Century | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

RP Endorser Attacked By Establishment (because of endorsement)

Submitted by Matt Collins on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 17:04
    Ron Paul 2012

South Carolina State Senator Lee Bright is being primaried in his race by the establishment specifically because he endorsed Ron Paul.

If you can help him out, please do: Senator Lee Bright

RP Endorser Attacked By Establishment (because of endorsement) | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Newt Gingrich $4 Million in Debt; Staffers and Creditors Fume

By JOEL SIEGEL | Good Morning America – 18 hrs ago

Newt Gingrich $4 Million in Debt

Newt Gingrich ends his White House dream today with his political committee facing a mountain of debts -- owing about $4 million to scores of businesses and campaign workers around the country who fear they will never get paid.

Campaign watchdogs said the size of Gingrich's debt is extraordinary -- and could have been avoided if the candidate and his team had been more disciplined.

"He was reckless in running up these bills, especially in the last month or so of the campaign when it was quite clear that Mitt Romney would be the nominee," said Craig Holman, a government affairs lobbyist for the watchdog group Citizen Union.

The campaign has been dogged by financial problems since last summer, but its cash crunch accelerated in recent weeks. It finished March with $4.3 million in debts, an alarming increase from $1.5 million at the end of February, according to reports filed with the Federal Election Commission.

The campaign raised $1.6 million in March, spent $2 million and reported having $1.2 million cash on hand.

Help may be on the way. USA Today reports that Gingrich, in an interview, said he is embracing Mitt Romney's candidacy, and Romney and the Republican National Committee have offered to be helpful in retiring Gingrich's debt.

Relief can't come soon enough for the Gingrich campaign's anxious creditors. The campaign owes Moby Dick Airways $1.1 million for travel and charter flights.; the Patriot Group, a Virginia security company, $449,502 for helping to protect the candidate; and McKenna, Long and Aldridge, a law firm with offices in Atlanta, $183,658 for legal services, the reports show.

But many of the campaign's creditors are small businesses that say they will suffer major hardship if they are not paid.

In Phoenix, a company called Pro-Production Services is owed $32,506 for providing stages, lighting and sound equipment for a series of campaign appearances by Gingrich in Nevada last January.

"We floated quite a bit of money -- a lot of out-of-pocket costs that we covered," said Ryan Driscoll, a project manager for the company. "I am a little worried. Nobody wants to lose 32 grand."

Vic Buttermore, owner of Signs Unlimited in Ocala, Fla., says he's "keeping my fingers crossed" the Gingrich campaign will pony up the $15,000 it still owes for an order of 25,000 "Newt 2012" lawn signs

"Am I nervous? Oh yeah, by all means," he said. "They keep telling us, 'We've got you covered, you will be paid.' But I have my doubts. I really do. That's a lot of money for a small company."

Moshe Starkman of Chevy Chase, Md., is among the dozens of frustrated former campaign staffers waiting for back pay. Starkman, who helped the campaign build grassroots support, is owed for more than three months of work.

"You hear the payment is coming 'next week,' or 'later,' or 'in a couple of days.' They always give excuses," he said. "I've had to spend my savings."

Gingrich told ABC News on April 10 that his "management team got very excited in Florida" and went on a spending spree hoping to beat Romney in Florida's Jan. 31 primary. Romney went on to beat Gingrich 46 percent to 32, a turning point in the campaign.

"You know, Romney spent $20 million in Florida in three weeks, and I think some of our guys decided to try to match him and we didn't have Wall Street (support)," Gingrich said. "I am going to spend some time paying it off. It is something I have done several times in my career."

None of the other Republican also-rans for president are as deeply in the red as Gingrich's campaign. Michele Bachmann's campaign has about $1 million in outstanding obligations, Rick Santorum owes $1.9 million and Rick Perry has only $14,463 to pay off.

Tim Pawlenty dropped out of the race owing $435,542 -- but Romney's campaign helped him raise money to retire the debt in return for Pawlenty's endorsement.

Campaign debts can haunt unsuccessful candidates for years, symbols of failure and futility they are unable to forget.

But losing candidates like Gingrich who hold no office face the biggest challenge in trying to retire their debts. The reason is simple: They are in no position to help donors or influence public policy.

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani still owes two dozen creditors $1.5 million from his unsuccessful 2008 run for President, while Hillary Clinton's campaign has $245,000 in unpaid bills.

Democrat John Edwards' 2004 presidential campaign still owes $333,500. The political committee of Republican Alan Keyes is saddled with a $301,000 debt from his failed 2000 run for president.

But in the history of campaign debts, Sen. John Glenn (D-Ohio) stands alone. He still owed banks, lawyers, a bumper-sticker maker, 161 former campaign workers and other creditors nearly $3 million more than 20 years after his failed run for president in 1984.

Glenn waved a white flag in 2005, notifying the Federal Election Commission year the agency gave him permission to disband his campaign committee.

Newt Gingrich $4 Million in Debt; Staffers and Creditors Fume - Yahoo! News

Georgia is Gingrich territory...but he is dropping out

Submitted by pettyphy on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 11:19
    Delegates

Georgia

I'm sure the heat has turned up because of the Gingrich announcement that his campaign will be suspended.Georgia is a strange place.The presence of a vast network of military and Homeland security and industrial sectors such as Lockheed,L3 and others make this state neocon central.State and federal politicians are as corrupt as they come. My own congressman Tom Graves (who voted against NDAA) has recently voted FOR CISPA.I was heartbroken.I thought he was a good guy.

Anyhow....the Ron Paul for Georgia campaign I believe could use some professional help from the Central campaign.

There are many Ron Paul supporters here and have gone through the delegate process( I am an alternate to state)but strategy on how to counteract the GOP establishment here needs some tweeking and some detailed info for delegates. I was supposed to be a district alternate but was disqualified because at the last minute the new district lines were voted on and that disqualified me from participating in my district convention.The Ga. for Ron Paul campaigned never once suggested that we review the new district lines for delegate confirmation. An oversite that knocked me out of a vote at the 9th district convention.I have heard NO mention of amending the Ga. GOP rules at State and if we have the numbers that should be at the top of the list.

Georgia is Gingrich territory...but he is dropping out | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

We Made TX Gop News!

Submitted by chelsea_willis on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 13:04
    "TX Woman gets over 3000 signatures for Texas Presidential Debate"

Link to petition.

We Made Texas GOP News and Texas Conservative Republican News!!!!

AND I JUST GAVE AN INTERVIEW TO THE HOUSTON CHRONICLE!!

The article should be up within a few hours. I will add that link as soon as I have it.

We Made TX Gop News! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul: "I Always Win"

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 00:58Daily Paul Liberty Forum

All Ron Paul Does Is Win

Paul got at least 20 from Minnesota today. Put on your diaper for the Convention, baby because you are going to s*** you pants when you find out the media was distorting the numbers the entire race.
    disgrapefruit2bitter

Ron Paul: "I Always Win" | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Thank you Speaker Gingrich for NOT endorsing Governor Romney!

Submitted by hectorinmiami on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 16:09
    Current Events

I sent this as an EMAIL to the 912 & Tea Party groups that I am connected with!!

Previous Post: A discussion on the Anti-Romney strategy! Contest the final 14 states and challenge the 30 remaining state conventions for those remaining delegate slots.

Thank you Speaker Gingrich for NOT endorsing Governor Romney!

Today, former Speaker of the House and presidential candidate for the Republican nomination, Newt Gingrich gracefully suspended his campaign but did not formally endorse former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney for president for reasons political analysts state are Governor Romney’s lack of conservative credentials. Speaker Gingrich won 2 states, his home state of Georgia and South Carolina with an unexpected, landslide victory.

With Speaker Gingrich’s departure as a candidate in this presidential primary cycle it would seem that Governor Romney has cleared the last major hurdle toward capturing the Republican nomination. This is NOT the case.

After a year of hard campaigning and nearly $40 million expended, little of the Romney campaign effort has gone toward healing the harsh feelings that most in the grassroots of Republican politics share about the former Massachusetts governor. Tea Party activists and conservative Republicans alike continue to echo their sentiment that Governor Romney is far too liberal and his record is out of place with the Republican Party and therefore should not have a nationwide platform to promote his policies. Governor Romney has also been cited for defending federal bailouts, nationalization of various industries from auto manufacturing to insurance to banking, and defended numerous foreign policy initials of current President Barrack Obama. Consequently, Christian Conservatives have also loudly protested Governor Romney’s record of supporting pro-choice policies such as public funding of abortions (SOURCE: The Mitt Romney Report).

Adding to this criticism, Governor Romney is also commonly referred to as the “Father of Obamacare.” Obamacare refers to the federal government takeover of healthcare services hated especially by the Republican rank and file because of its use of an individual mandate. Governor Romney has boasted as being the architect of Obamacare since the Obama enacted healthcare reform was based largely on the socialized healthcare system established in Massachusetts while Mr. Romney served as governor of the state (SOURCE: RomneyCare & ObamaCare: Can you tell the difference?). The term “political chameleon” has also been used to paint a negative picture of Governor Romney’s ideological changes over the length of his political career to suit the temperament of New England and then national politics (SOURCE: Romney is not conservative, but he’s not moderate either).

While Speaker Gingrich marks his departure from the campaign trail, his remarks regarding Governor Romney recall the Speaker’s words describing Mr. Romney as “a liberal and a liar who is no different from Barack Obama” (SOURCE: TheDailyMail). The lack of a Romney endorsement serves to point out a serious lack support from a prominent Southern Republican to Mr. Romney’s cause (the Romney Campaign has not carried a single Southern state, save strongly contested Florida). As it is often said, politics makes strange bedfellows. Yet this expression does not stand true today.

Less than a month has past with few political contests in between since the April 10th suspension of Senator Rick Santorum’s campaign, which was seen as Governor Romney’s strongest opposition after winning 11 states. It may very well be that today marks a turning point in Republican politics but in a direction party leaders are not expecting. Perhaps, the quickness in which these Anti-Romney campaigns have fallen to the wayside has caused whiplash to a surprised grassroots audience.

To the chagrin of the Romney camp, the famous “Anyone BUT Romney” call to action famously coined last year has once again been used to fan the flame of grassroots action in the final 14 states of the primary season and some 30 state conventions where contests have already passed where more than 800 delegates have yet to be allocated. Their goal is to send a message that Romney is still not the desirable choice for Republican nomination and push this primary season into a convention fight come August in Tampa. With Governor Romney’s delegate count hundreds of committed delegates short of the magic number of 1,144 delegates (SOURCE: AP/NYT GOP Primary Page), the Romney campaign is scrambling to work with state GOP organizations to hold the line against these insurgent grassroots (SOURCE: Romney “PANIC” after Ron Paul landslide).

Already happening are signs of strong resistance to Governor Romney’s candidacy, which can be demonstrated by Congressman Ron Paul’s Saturday victory in the Louisiana caucus capturing 74% of the delegates to their state convention which will most likely lead to a complete capture of that state party apparatus (Source: Sun Herald). In another coup, Ron Paul supporters successfully gained control of the Alaska Republican Party assisted in part with activists close to Sarah Palin, who has not endorsed Governor Romney. Efforts in Colorado, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Massachusetts and Washington State have seen a unity movement formed between anti-Romney groups and Ron Paul supporters with the intent of undermining the chances of the Romney campaign. Even Romney's Former Lt. Governor, Kerry Healey, lost her delegate bid in Massachusetts because of these efforts (SOURCE: Ron Paul supporters defeat many of Romney's picks to Tampa).

Today, the focus of media attention is on Speaker Gingrich’s campaign suspension but the reality is that the Republican Party is going to through a transformation which Politico describes as the “political maturation of the Paul forces” (SOURCE: Ron Paul captures Alaska GOP).

Next week’s contests in Indiana, North Carolina and West Virginia will be the first indication of a coalescing anti-Romney, pro-Paul alliance that will continue the fight in the subsequent 11 contests and also in a potential brokered convention.

This final stand by Republican grassroots is inspired by the fact that no other candidate will stand against Governor Romney’s campaign as Speaker Gingrich and Senator Santorum are not out of the running (SOURCE: Santorum and Gingrich seek guarantees from Romney). Even if Congressman Ron Paul is not the candidate of choice for the grassroots their call for “Anyone BUT Romney” will be heard loud and clear in a brokered convention.

Amicus libertatis

Thank you Speaker Gingrich for NOT endorsing Governor Romney! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012