Page 653 of 740 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653654655656657663703 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Half of Florida Delegates Lose Vote

Submitted by GH on Wed, 08/22/2012 - 09:28Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    Florida
    Quicklink
    Now there's additional good news and bad news for the Florida GOP.

The bad: The Republican National Committee won't back off cutting Florida's voting delegates from 99 to 50, and it will strip Florida of more than 160 guest passes. Nor will the Florida delegation have prime front row seats at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, as they often have had at prior conventions.

The good: Even though Florida will have only 50 voting delegates on the floor, the RNC will allow another 49 to join the delegation on the floor as "honored guests."
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/article12...

Looks like a few less votes for Romney.

Half of Florida Delegates Lose Vote | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RNC Rules Rumor in Tampa: Change Nominations Rule From 5 State Plurality to 15 States

Submitted by RobHino on Wed, 08/22/2012 - 11:06
    Ron Paul 2012
    DP Original
    Florida

From my friend in Tampa:

"Rumor is RNC plans to make the nomination rule for this convention be plurality from 15 states instead of 5."

RNC Rules Rumor in Tampa: Change Nominations Rule From 5 State Plurality to 15 States | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cold-Blooded: Two girls steal cookie money from a 9-year-old girl. Show no shame for their action

Submitted by SemperFi on Wed, 08/22/2012 - 11:51
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

They do not appear to be poor or drug addicts. Only bored middle-class entitled snots needing a money fix.

They spent the stolen money on gas and apparently on the Starbucks coffee they are sipping on during the interview.

What scares me is not that they are act evil, but they act amoral--"Whatever is necessary" attitude.

Any likeness that can be drawn by their behavior and political figures today is a very short distance between the dots.

I sure hope they don't reproduce.

Cold-Blooded: Two girls steal cookie money from a 9-year-old girl. Show no shame for their action | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Published on Aug 19, 2012 by ScrapGoldBusiness

But seriously folks, this is the linage of a broken society. It will only get worse as the barometer of mankind will continue down the rabbit hole into unbelievable degradation.

Woods gained notoriety in 2008 when she and a friend stole $168 from a Girl Scout who was selling cookies at a Boynton Beach Winn-Dixie.

Less than three weeks after the cookie caper, Woods and the friend were arrested after dining at a Denny's in western Lantana and then walking out on their $25.84 bill.

In 2009, Woods, her then-boyfriend and another man robbed a man of prescription drugs while armed with a gun in Palm Beach Gardens, and she pleaded guilty to kidnapping and firearm charges.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/stefanie-woods-cookie-monster-gets15-days-in-jai...

Ron Paul Delegate Deals Reached, Report CNN and Associated Press

Brian Doherty|Aug. 21, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm sure this will be seen as a good news/bad news scenario for more pugnacious Paulites hoping for a rip-roaring floor fight at the Republican National Convention in Tampa next week, but the delegate fights I've been blogging about here for a long time, seem to be resolved, gaining Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) more dedicated delegates on the floor in Tampa than seemed likely just yesterday:

CNN from earlier today, via WYFF 4 TV's website:

The deal, which is expected to be announced Tuesday afternoon, will seat more Paul delegates at next week's Republican National Convention, an act that could help prevent an organized effort by Paul supporters to try and bring Monday's opening session to a grinding halt....

"This is a major step towards peace and good will on the convention floor," said a Paul source familiar with the negotiations....

The RNC has agreed to seat 17 Ron Paul delegates from Louisiana, which has been a major point of contention between the Paul campaign and the Romney campaign. In addition, the RNC will also seat additional Paul delegates from Massachusetts, ending the controversy in that state.
    Associated Press had more, later, treating the Louisiana deal as done, with Massachusetts close and Maine still in the air:

The Texas congressman will get 17 of the Louisiana's 46 delegates in the compromise, said Charlie Davis, who served as Paul's campaign chairman in Louisiana. The rest of the state's delegates are expected to support Mitt Romney, the party's presumptive nominee.

A Republican National Committee official confirmed the agreement. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, was not authorized to publicly discuss the negotiations.....

"I think it's a huge win for our campaign because it showed what happened in Louisiana was wrong," Davis said by phone from Tampa. "It's been a long uphill battle, but the overwhelming evidence was on our side."

Supporters for Paul and Romney also have disputes over delegates in Massachusetts and Maine. Jesse Benton, Paul's chief campaign strategist, said Paul's supporters were close to reaching an agreement on divvying up the delegates from Massachusetts.
    "Maine is still unsettled, but talks are continuing and the conversation remains respectful," Benton said in an email.
    For how we got here, see my early August overview on delegate controversies; and last week's account of the further roadblocks on the way to what seems to be today's compromise. And there are plenty of other Ron Paul delegate fight posts to choose from.

Early word from the more hardcore and rootin-tootin Paul forces on the 'Net is that such compromises won't necessarily keep them pacified on the floor, and certainly won't mean they'll become good soldier Romney voters. It is at the very least politically expedient and intelligent of the GOP powers to not continue deliberately poking sticks of disrespect at Paul's forces.

For the story of how the Ron Paul campaign got here, see my new book Ron Paul's Revolution: The Man and the Movement He Inspired.

Ron Paul Delegate Deals Reached, Report CNN and Associated Press - Hit & Run : Reason.com

UPDATE! RNC Rules Rumor in Tampa: Attempt Fails to Change Nominations Rule From 5 State Plurality to 10 States

Submitted by RobHino on Wed, 08/22/2012 - 11:06
    Ron Paul 2012
    DP Original
    Florida

UPDATE! Just got the following message!

"Proposal to change plurality requirement from 5 to 10 failed!"

ORIGINAL POST: From my friend in Tampa

"Rumor is RNC plans to make the nomination rule for this convention be plurality from 15 states instead of 5."

UPDATE! RNC Rules Rumor in Tampa: Attempt Fails to Change Nominations Rule From 5 State Plurality to 10 States | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Unhappy

Top Romney Advisor: Bernanke Deserves 3rd Term!

Submitted by JO for Ron Paul on Wed, 08/22/2012 - 14:52
    Economy

Ben Bernanke received an unlikely defense of his work at the U.S. Federal Reserve by a top Mitt Romney adviser, who said on Tuesday that he should be considered for a third term as chairman.

Glenn Hubbard, economic adviser to the Republican presidential candidate, said he would advise a possible President Romney that Bernanke should "get every consideration" to stay on beyond January 2014, when the chairman's current term expires.

Hubbard, who was chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers under Bush, said Congress is right to consider forcing the Fed to explain policy decisions. But "the idea of putting them more under the microscope of literally auditing decisions - I don't think so," he said.

More:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/22/us-usa-campaign-hub...

Top Romney Advisor: Bernanke Deserves 3rd Term! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Old news but good news: 88% New Hampshirans vote RP

Submitted by A-B--B-A on Wed, 08/22/2012 - 16:28Ron Paul 2012
    DP Original

Because there were relatively few views of this video, a still shot video, I thought most DPers haven't seen it but would like to see it. Eighty eight percent sounds right, frankly.

www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=drqw6AX-6wQ

Based on the RP support I saw throughout campaign season, I believe RP vote percentages were high countrywide and that RP votes countrywide ended up how they did in New Hampshire, removed and given to other candidates. I believe that despite my frustration in campaign season and in 2007-08 led me to think Americans have got to be the dimmest people around.

Yep, I held a contradiction. Still I have trouble making sense of the contradiction I held and do hold. Maybe it's the people I come in contact with who talk desperately about life in the USA but devalue my Ron Paul comments, ranging from "He's not in it," "He can't win," or condescendingly or exaggeratedly "Oh, Ron Paul he wants to [insert an absurdity here]." Although the people who made those comment were far fewer than thumbs up and honks I received when I sign waived, those comments ruffled me. Oh, well. Just gotta keep on going.

I hope you guys like or, better, can use this video in your videos, RP menageries or as evidence for whatever the purpose. Have a good day, guys. Later.

Old news but good news: 88% New Hampshirans vote RP | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Hoping for a battle on the Convention floor? Don’t Bet on it, Paul Delegates Well Groomed

Submitted by LibertyChat on Wed, 08/22/2012 - 16:28
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

http://libertychat.com conducted a poll specifically among Ron Paul Delegates, asking them if they planned to boo Mitt Romney when he speaks.

Out of 100 replies via phone and email, 81% said they would not boo Mitt Romney.

A bit more interesting, when asked if they’d boo Rand Paul if he asked them to vote for Mitt Romney, 33% said yes. A 14% increase when it comes to being asked to vote for Romney.

For the most part though, there should be little concern from the campaign, about the delegates going rogue and causing chaos on the floor.

Here are some of the written replies

(cont.)
    http://libertychat.com/hoping-for-a-battle-on-the-convention...

Hoping for a battle on the Convention floor? Don

Monsanto shells out $4.2 million to sabotage California GMO labeling initiative

Submitted by legalizeliberty on Wed, 08/22/2012 - 17:14
    Health

(NaturalNews) California has the unique opportunity to be the first state in the union to require that genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) be properly identified and labeled on most food items. But the Monsanto Company, one of the biggest purveyors of GMOs, and several other factory food and agriculture corporations are trying to sabotage this effort by contributing millions of dollars to defeat a ballot proposition that would require mandatory GMO labeling.

If passed, Proposition 37, known as the California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act, will require that all foods made with or containing GMOs, including both raw and processed foods, be labeled as such when sold at the retail level. Products made with or containing GMOs will also be prohibited from being marketed and sold as "natural," a highly-deceptive practice that has become quite common today.

Continue:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/036903_Monsanto_GMO_labeling_Cali...

Monsanto shells out $4.2 million to sabotage California GMO labeling initiative | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination

By Laura Trice
    The Huffington Post
    August 22, 2012

Wait, isn’t Dr. Ron Paul out of the presidential race? Isn’t it all tied up nicely in a bow with the Romney/Ryan ticket?

No.

Why would the GOP be scared of Ron Paul but end up nominating him?

I’ll explain.

Romney and the GOP have demonstrated both poor judgment and poor sportsmanship that might cost them by damaging Romney’s electability among the Ron Paul supporters thus leading to a splitting of votes, which in turn, could cost the GOP the entire election.

Dr. Ron Paul is still in the race for president and is a strong contender for the 2012 GOP nomination.

To be on the GOP ballot Aug. 27, 2012 in Tampa and get a 15-minute speaking slot, a candidate must have won the plurality (majority) of delegates in at least 5 states.

Well, Ron Paul did win the plurality of delegates in 5 states, enough to be eligible for the nomination and a 15-minute speaking slot at the GOP convention.

The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada.

Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney’s home state and half the delegates in Oregon.

Dr. Ron Paul also has around 500 delegates who support him.

The exact number of delegates that Romney and Paul have is still a mystery but should be clarified at the convention.

Read Entire Article

Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination :

Related Articles: