Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another letter everyone is welcome to fax or e-mail if they need something to send. Feel free to use all or partial in any way you see fit. A special thanks to SamLowry for inspiration:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Senator------------,

The Senate’s attempt to sneak amnesty for illegal aliens into the DOD bill is another example of why the American people don’t trust Congress and hold such a low opinion of our elected politicians. The latest assault on rationality is the Nightmare (DREAM) Act amendment (SA 2237).

There are so many reasons why the DREAM Act is a nightmare to everyone but illegal aliens and their supporters; I could take up pages of content in responding. I will try to be brief:

Any illegal alien who can claim that they were here before the age of 16 is put on the citizenship path by simply filling out a little paperwork. There is no age cap on the applicant, so millions and millions will fraudulently apply.

Once the paperwork is filled out, wallah…conditional green card which prevents any checks into their immigration status or deportation proceedings (the terrorists that apply will love this). And, what is especially pleasing to the illegals, once citizenship is achieved in as little as 2 years, they can sponsor their illegal parents and family members and they will be awarded permanent residency, if not citizenship.

Illegals will also receive in-state tuition rates at any public university of their choice, which clearly discriminates against U.S. citizens and law-abiding foreign students who cannot. The illegals will also be eligible for grants and federal student loans, in addition to favorable racial status awarded. This obviously, will displace legal residents and American citizens from colleges and severely reduce the available federal pool of grants and loans. The last time I checked, Senator…going to college was not a “job Americans wont’ do.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just spoke to Brown's office. They were evasive. He said, "I can't speak for the Senator on how he will vote." I challenged him and said, "Your his front office voice for his constituents and you don't know how he will vote? He keeps you in the dark as to how he will vote? Will we can write you a letter. (No that's not good enough I'm a constituent trying to clarify some information) He softened up then knowing they were in trouble. He said he is reviewing the amendment now. Let me know how you feel about it and I'll tell him.

We need to challenge this Senators when they are blocking information. They work for us and if they are keeping their front line people in the dark so they can't communicate to their constituents then we need to call them on it and let them know we aren't happy. This is a new strategy in the Senate offices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These are the ones PLEDGING to VOTE 'NO' according to Numbers USA

Bunning
    Coburn (just added a definite NO)
    Corker
    Kyle
    Inhofe
    Isakson just been added to the "NO" pledges
    Sessions
    Vitter

Nice work, Gogo...thanks for keeping us updated. I'm working on a mad e-mail blitz to all 100 Senators currently. Will then go to phone calls. If I find anything out, I'll post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    These are the ones PLEDGING to VOTE 'NO' according to Numbers USA

Bunning
    Coburn (just added a definite NO)
    Corker
    Kyle
    Inhofe
    Isakson just been added to the "NO" pledges
    Sessions
    Vitter
    OK I got the Coburn Pledge but since I'm new at Numbers they Senators office needs to call then they will be placed on the Pledge list. So if you call Coburn's office tell them they need to call Numbers and they will put them on the pledge list. They've had two confirmations from constituents but haven't called Numbers.

I'm changing tact on this a bit. As William said in the announcement. How is the Dream Act "germain" to the Defense Bill? My faxes and emails today are focusing on that point. In other words, don't blackmail us with lack of funding for our troops and our National Defense in order to fund the education of illegal aliens.

It's time we told Congress we're tired of these underhanded tactics as well

Re: AMNESTY RED ALERT! Call Now Oppose 'Bad' Dream Act!

Quote Originally Posted by AMERICAN73
    I fought a war to stop dictators who abuse their own people and their neighbors. I cannot believe it, but my own President, Bush, with the silent approval of Congress has become a dictatorship!!! I don't know who to believe anymore!! The media filters the news and tells only what they want us to know. We desperately need an organizaiton that will let us know when the government is lying. People do not vote because they do not know the truth about who to vote for!! Please give my America back to me!!
    AMERICAN73

Thank you so much for your service . I have done everything I can to help save this nation . I will continue my fight . I am an old lady and it will be hard to die in a foreign nation like this is becoming .

Gogo,

I have sent our NO list to Numbers and they are working to verify our findings.

Please combine our list and the Numbers list to create one NO list for our uses.

W

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    This is a site the illegals have used for faxing. We can use it also.

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/or ... _KEY=12129

just edited their letter and sent my faxes from there.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Based on confirmations of others: This is the latest update:

OK this what they say we have so far....
    OK so far the definite NO's to the Dream Act are:

Bunning
    Burr I'm shocked at Burr, but there has been several confirmations!!
    Brown
    Corker
    Cronyn
    Chambliss
    Martinez (If attached to the DoD)
    Mendenez (If attached to the DoD)
    McCaskill
    Nelson (If attached to the DoD)
    Sessions
    Vitter

Likely No's

Dole

DeMint's office also told me there was no pledge to vote "no".

Martinez ad just told me he is against the bill . Maybe she was just saying this ?

Back to the phones ...