Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush most liberal of U.S. presidents

http://www.thecitizen.com/?q=node/974

Bush most liberal of U.S. presidents
    Letters to the Editor
    Tue, 11/08/2005 - 5:00pm
    By: Letters to the ...

In reading Trey Hoffman’s comments regarding liberals (“Liberals seem like poor losers�), it occurs to me that he has an identity crisis.

I assume from his letter of 10/19 that he views Republicans, including the President, as conservative. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I’m surprised that it hasn’t occurred to more Republicans that the current Republican administration in Washington is among the most LIBERAL of any administration in modern times. The proof is clear and abundant, and is becoming more so with each passing day. Consider:

1. Fiscal policy. How is it, despite Iraq and hurricanes, that our federal budget deficit and discretionary spending is a tsunami of red ink? The liberal Republicans of the current administration throw money at pork willy-nilly and run up huge debts no matter the consequences. My conservative forebears taught me that you don’t spend what you don’t have.

2. Energy policy. How is it that, content with ridiculously low fuel efficiency standards, the liberal Republicans are happy to use oil resources as if they were inexhaustible?

This liberal thinking exposes us to the whims of the religion (you know, the religion of the government of Saudi Arabia from whence 15 out of 19 of the 9/11 hijackers came) which this president has said we must defeat?

To my conservative (do you notice that word “conserve� in the word “conservative�?) way of thinking, if the liberal Republicans truly were conservative, the policies would be those of a wise caretaker prudently managing a dwindling resource. You think our nation’s security and $3 a gallon for gas are issues now? Just wait.

3. Military policy. How is it that the scum responsible for 9/11 (remember Osama Bin Laden?) is still alive and breathing? If the liberal Republicans truly were conservative, it would be abundantly obvious that an eye for an eye, and then some, would be a good place to start and then FINISH as the first and most important priority in dealing the terrorists led by (what’s his name?) Osama Bin Laden.

In addition, anyone with half a military brain, and I am a veteran by the way, knew that 20,000 troops, in a country with 275,000 square miles of topography infinitely worse than the Badlands, would not constitute the conservative, i.e., overwhelming force required to guarantee bringing that man (what was his name, Osama Bin Laden?) to justice. I won’t even go there as concerns Iraq because I could fill up the entire newspaper with the liberalism of the debacle.

4. Immigration policy. How is it that illegal immigrants are, essentially, welcomed with open arms, and treated in many cases better than our own legal citizens? To my conservative mind, I wonder why the liberal Republicans don’t enforce the laws on the books. I suspect our forefathers are spinning in their graves as we speak.

5. Judicial policy. How is it that, in the glaring light of our liberal president’s latest Supreme Court nomination, one issue, Roe v. Wade, is this liberal president’s litmus test for qualification to serve on the highest court in the land?

I’m amazed that the current liberal Republicans can say, “We need a judge who won’t legislate from the bench,� with a straight face.

Personally, I’m against abortion, and have living proof in my life of the wisdom of my views, but basing qualification for the Supreme Court on one issue is naive and myopic at best, far from conservative, and considering the scope of other cases to arise in the future, an ominous sign.

6. Washington politics. How is it that this liberal president, who shouted promises to clean up the swampy mess of politics inside the beltway and restore integrity to the White House, instead primed the pump (read Tom Delay, Jack Abramoff, Ralph Reed, etc.) for an explosion of lobbyists and cronies that has taken swamp politics and the liberal Republicans to a new low?

A true conservative should recognize that a Republican who is truly conservative would know that less is more, especially where Washington is concerned, and that integrity really does matter in life. Really.

Sadly, there’s plenty more, but if you don’t see the sheer and flat-out disgusting liberalism of the current Republican administration by now, you probably never will.

Suffice it to say that I can’t think of a single governmental issue that affects my life where I don’t see rampant liberalism in the current administration.

The matter at hand isn’t the “poor loser� liberal Democrats, but the liberal Republicans who are soon to be losers because they’ve forgotten what it means to be a conservative.

Paul Wilder
    Peachtree City, Ga.

================================================== ===

It's so true. The only way the Republicans can save their party now is to impeach Bush.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

EXCELLENT points! Right on the money on almost every issue. They have just done a complete turnaround on the traditional. And, don't forget Libby! Right under their noses in the White House.

Oddly, you RARELY hear ANY of the members of this administration mention the name bin Laden anymore, do you??? They got so wrapped up when they diverted everything we had to Iraq, it's like they just forgot who blew up the Twin Towers on 9/11. They lied SO MUCH to try to convince the American people that Saddam was responsible for 9/11 that they came to believe it themselves.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

EXCELLENT points! Right on the money on almost every issue. They have just done a complete turnaround on the traditional. And, don't forget Libby! Right under their noses in the White House.
    I have been saying for years that Bush would singlehandedly destroy the Republican party and almost nobody wanted to listen. One of the big reasons why Republicans were big time losers during the election last Tuesday was because of Bush. Why do you think Arnold's propositions got shot down? Bush and Arnold have alienated their base so much with their middle of the road politics and their tepid, milk toast, wishy washy leadership that conservatives just decided to stay home. The conservatives are so demoralized and I can't blame them. Why would anybody want to go to bat and vote for what these two clowns want? These two don't have the backbone of an ant. In a year or two the Dems will be back in power, Hillary will be presidunce in 2008 thanks to Bush and it will be the end of America as we know it.

Oddly, you RARELY hear ANY of the members of this administration mention the name bin Laden anymore, do you??? They got so wrapped up when they diverted everything we had to Iraq, it's like they just forgot who blew up the Twin Towers on 9/11. They lied SO MUCH to try to convince the American people that Saddam was responsible for 9/11 that they came to believe it themselves.
    Not only that, but they don't even call terrorists "terrorists" anymore. They refer to them as evil doers, ideologs of hate, radicals or whatever nonsense they use to dodge calling them what they really are. They are so afraid of offending the Muslims (and the Mexicans too) that they have become no better than the UN bureaucrats themselves. These imbeciles have already forgotten about 9-11. Guarantee you of that. They only remember 9-11 when the aniversary comes up so they can get a photo op with the family members victims so they can make it look like they care. These filthy bureaucrats are only good for one thing and that's lip service.

Sadly enough I initially supported the Iraq war until I found out that Jorge lied about why he went there and saw the debacle for what it was and that's when I started to open my eyes to this evil man that I once voted for. Yes Saddam was a menace, but I don't believe he was the threat that Bush made him out to be and he should have focused on other more important things like (well do you really need me to explain?). Now we are stuck in this quagmire until the next president can have the sense to pull us out of their without sustaining too much damage. I really feel sorry for the troops because they had no choice in this matter. God Bless them, I hope they can get the job done and get out of that s---hole as soon as possible. I think Iraq will go down as one of the biggest blunders in military history.

In fact is there really anything Bush has done that's benefitted America? I'm hoping those two judges he picked for the SCOTUS will be, but I'm not 100 percent sold on that and they could be trogan horses for all I know. Even if they do turn out good, still 6 years of rubbish and this is what we have to show for it, 2 judges? That's pathetic beyond comprehension.

I implore you locksteppers out there, it's time to take the wool off your eyes and see this evil man for what he is. It's time to stop drinking the RNC kool-aide and hold this man accountable for his reprehensible actions. Contact your rep and demand his impeachment. You let them all know that you will not vote for anybody that is in lockstep with this administration. You tell them you are mad as hell and you won't take it anymore and you will take out your anger on them in the polls in 2006 if they don't get their act together ASAP.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

SOMEBODY PLEASE POST THIS ON FREE REPUBLIC NOW!!!

I would but I'm banned for life for saying the same thing.

They banned me too and I really didn't SAY anything!!! I think they just ban EVERYONE who doesn't agreee with this President on ANY SUBJECT.

dman is right about all of his points and I agree that Bush has ruined the country. I did see what he was doing about Iraq was a lie from August, 2002, when he had a press conference at the ranch. I swear--I can't even say WHAT he said but it was then I knew that he was taking us to Iraq or be DAMNED. AND, THAT was when he lost me. I voted for him the first time but I didn't the second because I knew what he was. And, he IS evil.

dman- you and I just come to the same opinion from different standpoints. I am not so much concerned about what he's done about the Republican Party but what he's done to my country. As an Independent, I really just can't get bent out of shape about ANY party because I feel like I want to vote for whomever I believe can do what is right for our country.

I am Pro-Choice so, on that issue, we disagree. But, aside from that, we are on agreement on every other issue. I really don't know what his Supreme Court Justices will do and that is a concern to me but, if that is all he has done for this country, he's done a POOR job.

I couldn't STAND Bill Clinton and I thought that he SHAMED this country BUT, I SWEAR, if someone gave me the power today to choose between Bush and Clinton to finish out Bush's term, I would have to say I would choose Clinton. WHEW! I never thought I could say THAT.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

How about this post:

According to the Treasury Department, from 1776-2000, the first 224 years of U.S. history, 42 U.S. presidents borrowed a combined $1.01 trillion from foreign governments and financial institutions, but in the past four years alone, the Bush administration borrowed $1.05 trillion.
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... page=20#20

I'd sure like to know if this is true.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

It's true. I heard the same thing on Lou Dobbs several days ago and posted it on another thread. Bush has borrowed MORE MONEY that ALL 42 FORMER PRESIDENTS COMBINED.

It's true
    Amazing.

I scanned part of the thread, but didn't see any responses to this post.

Since the thread itself is about putting all the Bush non-believers up against the wall, I didn't get very far into it.

I think that the person who posted this could safely be placed in the non-believers camp.

Consider the SOURCE!! I'm surprised it even SLIPPED into the forum, aren't you???!!

Yes I am, and I'm even more supprised that the poster hasn't been banned - yet.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast