Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Suggesting that Bush tried to "guarantee a Congress sympathetic to his 'amnesty for all' plan" during the 2006 elections, Tancredo said the new Democrat-controlled Congress "seem[s] hell-bent on cramming this mass amnesty down the throats of the American people whether they want it or not."
    It's a given that he made sure the new congress was going to be sympathetic to his anti-American, pro-illegal agenda. Three things convinced me of that,

(1) He waited until after the election for Rumsfeld to resign.
    (2) He waited until after the election to look like he was no longer playing PC with the islamists in Iraq.
    (3) One of the first things out of the WH press secretary after the election was, "Now we can find common ground for comprehensive immigration reform".

Carter was/is bad, but bush ranks right up there with him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    I don't remember the Utah land situation. What happened?
    Clinton federalized a huge tract of prime coal-bearing land containing some 62 billion tons of coal. It was one of several virtually unprecedented federal land grabs that occurred under Clinton. In addition to the 1.7 million acres in Utah, he also designated huge tracts of land in Arizona and California as national monuments. Those areas in CA and AZ had a combined sq. mileage equal to the entire state of Florida. There were strong hints that the grab was, like the Utah land grab, meant to lock up mineral wealth. The lands in AZ and CA were said to be the greatest source of monatomic gold reserves on the planet.
    I know my ignorance is showing, but I don't know so I will ask anyway.
    Was this land seized by the government from private citizens?
    What is wrong with a National Monument?
    Wouldn't it be good for our government to keep land with natural resources in case we need them for the future?
    No. The land was federally managed before the grab. With it set aside as national monument tracts, it is permanently removed from any possibility of development and subjected to tight constraints.

While I understand that many people enjoy federal monuments, forests and parks, I see nothing in the Constitution that would allow such purchases or set-asides. More ominously, once lands are federalized, they may be subjected to collection by creditors. Such set-asides may, therefore, have been motivated by requests of those creditors who plan on some day (maybe soon) calling due their markers. If you are a creditor and you may only foreclose on federal lands and assets in the event of default, wouldn't you want those lands and assets to be as commercially exploitable as possible?

Self deleted (CG answered the question I had in a previous post)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    I hadn't heard of that land grab either!

CG wrote:

There were strong hints that the grab was, like the Utah land grab, meant to lock up mineral wealth. The lands in AZ and CA were said to be the greatest source of monatomic gold reserves on the planet.
    Was this public or privately owned land before it was federalized?

Just gets curiouser and curiouser......
    It was federally managed land. See my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Oh and Neese, I think pelosi's problem, the ugly look on her face, was because of the company she had to keep up there on the podium, or it could have been Cheney's gas!!!!! The only real time she looked happy was when they were clapping for her.
    Speaking of "a look". Did you catch the close up of Condi? That wasn't a great shot of her. She looked mad and bored. I have to admit that I had more fun watching the people watching the President, than I did the actual speech. Very entertaining in a stoic kind of way.

Crocket,
    Are you saying if we default on the money we own China they could come in and take those lands as payment?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I had no idea that Federal land can be taken away. I am also wondering how I missed something like that. What news sources would you recommend? I need to keep a closer eye on these things. Thanks for the information.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Crocket,
    Are you saying if we default on the money we own China they could come in and take those lands as payment?
    China is nowhere near our largest creditor. It's the Federal Reserve (a private banking cartel) and the European Banks established by the old monarchies that I would be worrying about. And yes, under international mercantile law, any creditor has a right to collateral in the event of a default.

I think France still owes us from WWII. We can call that note or just give them France. Isn't the foreign exchange rate pretty good? Aren't they using the Euro?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I had no idea that Federal land can be taken away. I am also wondering how I missed something like that. What news sources would you recommend? I need to keep a closer eye on these things. Thanks for the information.
    Oh man, that happened so long ago that I couldn't begin to tell you what the best sources were. In addition to scanning the newswires, I usually also follow up with NewsMax, TownHall, WorldNetDaily, AlterNet, and various other sources as well as keeping up to date via links at various political chat sites. I also have a number of publications and mailers that I try to get time to read. My favorite was the old AntiShyster, which was apparently renamed Suspicions Magazine, though I have not been able to find it since the name change. Media Bypass is another good deep alternative source. But a great deal of my information comes from conventional sources as well, including cable news and standard publications like BusinessWeek and US News and World Report.

I think that the most valuable asset is a good memory and a deep enough knowledge base that the deeper implications of given news stories are able to hit home when the news is encountered. Free time to read and digest the news is also important, and that's something that I have very little of lately. As you can see, though, today has been a somewhat slack day. It's back to the grind tomorrow when my German clients arrive in town.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast