Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    iccat

So far, I haven't heard of misbehavior amongst the children, not saying it doesn't happen and I don't have a clue about the high school. She doesn't sub there and I don't know anyone there anymore.

They are, however, doing quite well in school, at least they are getting recognition in out of porportion to their percentage.

Also, they get a lot of recognition and awards at the community college here.

That is not in defense of them, but just thinking it is a trend I don't think a lot of people in this country are noticing. When these kids graduate, they will already have an advantage being bi-lingual and a minority. Our kids are going to have to work very hard for what they get.

One morning I drove my grandchildren to elementary school. It as a cold, wet morning. I saw some kids being let inside the building by a teacher. They used to let the kids come inside and wait in the cafeteria until class time. I reached for the door to let my grandchildren in and the teacher asked if they were there for breakfast. When I told her no, she said they would have to wait until the bell rang. She said all the kids coming in were getting breakfast - yes large percentage of children of illegals. I did notice about a half dozen kids shivering under the overhang of the building.

I gathered the other kids and mine and when she unlocked the door next, I grabbed the door and told these kids to go on into the cafeteria and sit down a be good until the bell rang.

Then I told that teacher there was no way she as going to make kids stand outside in the rain just because they weren't partaking of free breakfasts. She actually acted like I was speaking a foreign language.

When I got back to the house, I called the school administration and told them I hoped I never saw that again. I never heard of it again.

mw - Have you attempted to contact ICE regarding their illegal alien status?

Surely you jest!!!!

Don't you think they know they are here? Many of them have been here 30 years. They have been called and called and called.

I don't waste my breath.
    In Texas all ILLEGALS in the bilingual programs receive free breakfast and lunch. Maybe there has been enough complaints that the adults no longer can freely walk in take their "free" meals.

As for getting recognition out of porportion to their percentage and a lot of recognition and awards at the community college is great PR for continuing the Federal and State funding for the school systems involved.

My daughter played soccer when we lived in Canada and there were legal Mexican and a few South American kids who were going for the ankles. These kids were 7 or 8 years old! We couldn't believe it. Those kids parents were spoken to about that and many ended up quitting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

iccat

When I said they were 'sharp', I meant it as in cunning, maybe conniving, but many are 'sharp' as in quick and intelligent.

Yes, the local, small town, corporate owned, newspaper is very good at presenting illegals as 'just one of the folks'.

Amnesty is a given - unless we, the people, get together and decide to really work on our own, not depending on the government and their willingness to enforce our laws.

With that in mind, understand that these children, US born or not, are going to be competing with our children for jobs, scholarships, business, etc.

These are not all children of uneducated people, and these educated people are preparing their children to go out and get those scholarships, jobs, business, etc. We need to understand that and prepare our children. To not realize the strength of your enemy is a recipe for defeat.

Maybe sometimes it is PR for funding, but it is also the facts.

I'm thinking it's possible the government would like us to continue to believe that this and the next generation of these people are nothing more than manual laborers. It isn't true now, and it certainly won't be true for the next generation.

No, no, a thousand times no, I wasn't trying to condone, present them in a positive light, praise them, or anything like that. I was trying to alert people to the situation. We need to know what we are up against.

swatchick
    Those little soccer players can certainly be rough. I was really appalled and as I said, they didn't need to do that to win. Compared to our little kids, they were pros.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Surely you jest!!!!
    I jest you not! Regardless of the response you get from ICE, turning a blind eye is not the answer. Personally, if I knew an illegal alien, I'd report them without a second thought and my conscience would be clear.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm a realist.

This isn't something that came upon our area in the last 5 years. We have been 30 years battling this.

I am not the one turning a blind eye, our government is.

I wasn't joking when I said I was sure Bo Pilgrim had the President on speeddial. The fact is, I'm sure he doesn't even have to call, ICE won't mess with his employees.

Yes, there was an investigation some time ago and they found, can you believe it, a bunch of people selling counterfeit ID's and, oh my goodness, ONE mind you ONE Pilgrim employee was involved. The story portrayed Pilgrim's as helping in the investigation ?????

The gossip, more reliable than the media, was that they had forced out a man who had been in the top layer of mangement for decades and he sang. Now, if that is the case, he had the clout, and probably facts, to make someone take notice - I don't.

Pilgrim's still came out smelling like a rose.

Now if I knew a business that didn't pony up when the political fund raisers came calling, I might take the time to make a phone call.

My conscience is clear.

But if you would like to help me, we could really use our energy where it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    iccat

So far, I haven't heard of misbehavior amongst the children, not saying it doesn't happen and I don't have a clue about the high school. She doesn't sub there and I don't know anyone there anymore.

They are, however, doing quite well in school, at least they are getting recognition in out of porportion to their percentage.

Also, they get a lot of recognition and awards at the community college here.

That is not in defense of them, but just thinking it is a trend I don't think a lot of people in this country are noticing. When these kids graduate, they will already have an advantage being bi-lingual and a minority. Our kids are going to have to work very hard for what they get.

One morning I drove my grandchildren to elementary school. It as a cold, wet morning. I saw some kids being let inside the building by a teacher. They used to let the kids come inside and wait in the cafeteria until class time. I reached for the door to let my grandchildren in and the teacher asked if they were there for breakfast. When I told her no, she said they would have to wait until the bell rang. She said all the kids coming in were getting breakfast - yes large percentage of children of illegals. I did notice about a half dozen kids shivering under the overhang of the building.

I gathered the other kids and mine and when she unlocked the door next, I grabbed the door and told these kids to go on into the cafeteria and sit down a be good until the bell rang.

Then I told that teacher there was no way she as going to make kids stand outside in the rain just because they weren't partaking of free breakfasts. She actually acted like I was speaking a foreign language.

When I got back to the house, I called the school administration and told them I hoped I never saw that again. I never heard of it again.

Surely you jest!!!!

Don't you think they know they are here? Many of them have been here 30 years. They have been called and called and called.

I don't waste my breath.
    In Texas all ILLEGALS in the bilingual programs receive free breakfast and lunch. Maybe there has been enough complaints that the adults no longer can freely walk in take their "free" meals.

As for getting recognition out of porportion to their percentage and a lot of recognition and awards at the community college is great PR for continuing the Federal and State funding for the school systems involved.

At my son's school they do not allow parents in the cafeteria at all! I wondered about this but now I know why. I sat there with him at breakfast one morning and a Dad came in to the cafeteria with his kid and tried to take off with a milk or juice and was stopped immediately. These kids get free lunches and what not and the food is there for the students not family members. I went one afternoon to put money on my sons account, if you are neg $10 you get a cheese/peanut butter sandwich with a drink and piece of fruit. Well those kids with their free lunches would get their free food then jump in the cheese/peanut butter line for another free lunch. The line for the cheese/peanut butter was ridiculous, almost longer than the cafeteria line.

As for being well behaved, nope. I was a teacher's aide in high school for one semester in my senior year. My poor teacher who I had in the 9th grade and 10th who was an outstanding english/political science teacher had mostly kids who crossed the border every morning or who were ancor babies. They spoke spanish in class, wrote on desks, talked back to the teacher and were overall rude. They didn't get 1/10th done what I had gotten done in my 9th grade year because they were so disruptive it was almost as if she had given up because they didn't want to learn. Most didn't even know how to write an essay let a sentence.

And last year when the fires were going on here in California I had to evacuate for over 3 days to my Mom's because kids from San Ysidro high school had set a fire along with the one already burning. Yeah and San Ysidro district is a hot bed for illegals, anchors, and border crossers.

gemini

I realize the situation is not the same everywhere and believe me I'm not defending them.

Once again, I know of the misbehaving, the dishonesty, the violence even.
    That I see. I could write an epic on it.

I am just trying to point out some things are changing, the people here and coming here are different. They pose a greater threat to our children's future than do the other kind - I'm thinking.

We know of the bad behavior, etc., I'm wondering if anyone is paying attention to the others that are coming in quietly and preparing to take your children's future?

gemini

I realize the situation is not the same everywhere and believe me I'm not defending them.

Once again, I know of the misbehaving, the dishonesty, the violence even.
    That I see. I could write an epic on it.

I am just trying to point out some things are changing, the people here and coming here are different. They pose a greater threat to our children's future than do the other kind - I'm thinking.

We know of the bad behavior, etc., I'm wondering if anyone is paying attention to the others that are coming in quietly and preparing to take your children's future?
    I completely agree with u! I know both sides. Those who are bilingual get the jobs because of those who don't speak english which I think is discriminitory to those who speak english only. I would think in certain areas english only speakers would be a minority and should get the same perks as blacks and hispanics. Its hard to compete when we have to earn everything and yet they get everything free. I worry about my kids futures all the time, do I want them speaking spanish? No. Should they learn it? Unfortunately. Id rather them learn french or italian but I want them to have the same chance as these invaders and will encourage them to be entrepreneurs.

gemini

I do know how you feel. Although, my husban speaks Spanish fluently, so did my Father and my Stepmother is of Mexican ancestry so I have always thought it was kinda neat.

I will admit that I don't have quite the same warm and fuzzy feeling now that I hear it all the time and it is as if I am supposed to learn it - not them learn English.

It doesn't set well to think our children will need to speak it, but reality is what it is. I had always heard that Spanish was the second most spoken language - evidently it is Chinese - that's a kinda 'duh'. I do believe, though it is the second most 'widely' spoken language. At present Chinese is kinda geographical.

If you speak Spanish there are many countries in which you could communicate. My niece is Italian and she and my husband manage to at least talk.

So, as I said, reality is what it is.

Surely you jest!!!!

I don't waste my breath.

I'm pretty sure Bo Pilgrim has Pres. Bush on speeddial.

Unfortunately you are right. As mad as I get everyday at 11am picking up my daughter from kindergarten and seeing the parking lot full of illegals to pick up their spanish only kids, I wish to myself that I could call ICE so my taxes will go down. But alas, Fort Worth does not care. When my identity was stolen by an illegal the DA would not adhere to my demands that he be deported. That is Washington DC's job, not theirs. On halloween, I would like to dress up like an ICE agent to pick up my daughter. They would scatter like I had farted in an elevator.[/b]
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast