Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TexasBorn,

A friend moved to Texas a long time ago. On one of his trips back he was telling us how big Texas was. He said that after he left San Diego, and made it back to Texas, he still wouldn't be half way home.

I didn't believe him until we got the map out and added up the mileage.

Texasborn, I'm a native midwesterner. I used to think of California the way you do. And actually I still do on many points. I've only lived in California for the last several years. But you don't have to live here long if you pay attention to see what is happening here.

SicNTiredInSoCal mentioned Prop 187 and I will also cite the recent decision of the California Supreme Court regarding gay marriage. In both cases the the activist judges in this State overruled the voters. Prop 187 which would have denied social services to illegal aliens was passed overwhelmingly by the voters of California. But the 9th "Circus" Court of Appeals took upon themselves to overrule the Citizens of California. We just saw the same thing happen last week. The gay marriage issue was voted on and 61% of California voters opposed it.

People call California "the land of fruit and nuts" and they aren't talking about the kind you eat. Unfortunately that type carry alot of clout here. Which I see from your post is the essence of some of the things you don't like about this state. Believe me, you have a lot of company on that one! But they are actually the minority. The majority are good, decent hardworking people.

The Citizens of this state who aren't profiting from illegal immigration are y fed up with it. They don't like spanish on everything. They are fed up with interpreters being provided for those who don't want to learn the language. They are tired of their children being slighted in the schools, the gang violence and being taxed to death for people who don't belong here in the first place. But as in most states the most populous areas carry the most political clout. Here those places are San Francisco and LA.

So people get so tired of voting and not being listened to. Even when they've won in the election. It makes you angry and discouraged. So many have left California, for just these reasons. They feel futility. But none of us can give up; because we have right on our side and the price of losing is unthinkable. I'm hoping someday native Californians will come back and make it home again. If they don't I hope they will help from where they are now. Many I know have relocated to Arizona and I like to think lots of them are contributing to the success against illegal immigration there.

I wasn't at all sure I wanted to stay here and plant roots because it is depressing sometimes. And it's frustrating everyday. But I've made up my mind. Even though I'm not a native Californian; by God I'm a born American. My family has been in this Country since 1632. California is part of my Country and it's going to stay that way. And I'm staying. I think Californians may need more support from Patriots from around the Country even than other border states do. Because we do have to fight the LA and SF element.

So don't anyone give up on us. We need your help a lot!

Two random points:

1) One of my sister's father and mother in law are real pieces of work. Neither one of them has ever held a steady job for more than a couple of years and they're in debt up to their eyeballs. What did they decide to do? That's right, they moved to California, home of the free lunch.

2) I lived in Colorado after after prop 187 was struck down. The exodus of Californians coming to Colorado shortly thereafter was unbelievable. 15 years later, it sounds like even more California tax payers are leaving the state.

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Texasborn, I'm a native midwesterner. I used to think of California the way you do. And actually I still do on many points. I've only lived in California for the last several years. But you don't have to live here long if you pay attention to see what is happening here.

SicNTiredInSoCal mentioned Prop 187 and I will also cite the recent decision of the California Supreme Court regarding gay marriage. In both cases the the activist judges in this State overruled the voters. Prop 187 which would have denied social services to illegal aliens was passed overwhelmingly by the voters of California. But the 9th "Circus" Court of Appeals took upon themselves to overrule the Citizens of California. We just saw the same thing happen last week. The gay marriage issue was voted on and 61% of California voters opposed it.

People call California "the land of fruit and nuts" and they aren't talking about the kind you eat. Unfortunately that type carry alot of clout here. Which I see from your post is the essence of some of the things you don't like about this state. Believe me, you have a lot of company on that one! But they are actually the minority. The majority are good, decent hardworking people.

The Citizens of this state who aren't profiting from illegal immigration are y fed up with it. They don't like spanish on everything. They are fed up with interpreters being provided for those who don't want to learn the language. They are tired of their children being slighted in the schools, the gang violence and being taxed to death for people who don't belong here in the first place. But as in most states the most populous areas carry the most political clout. Here those places are San Francisco and LA.

So people get so tired of voting and not being listened to. Even when they've won in the election. It makes you angry and discouraged. So many have left California, for just these reasons. They feel futility. But none of us can give up; because we have right on our side and the price of losing is unthinkable. I'm hoping someday native Californians will come back and make it home again. If they don't I hope they will help from where they are now. Many I know have relocated to Arizona and I like to think lots of them are contributing to the success against illegal immigration there.

I wasn't at all sure I wanted to stay here and plant roots because it is depressing sometimes. And it's frustrating everyday. But I've made up my mind. Even though I'm not a native Californian; by God I'm a born American. My family has been in this Country since 1632. California is part of my Country and it's going to stay that way. And I'm staying. I think Californians may need more support from Patriots from around the Country even than other border states do. Because we do have to fight the LA and SF element.

I'm speechless. Thank you, I could not have said it better.

I can speak from experience that most Californians feel the way most everyone here does, at least everyone I know. We all talk about it. We all agree, but no one seems to know what to do or feels intimidated by the whole immigration issue thru lack of knowledge or who to contact....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Texasborn,

As a military wife I found myself in El Paso in the early 70's, which makes me surprised at your post. What I find here in California is what I found in El Paso then. The only difference is that our police and courts aren't as corrupt as they were there. I don't know if things have changed, but I remember the quota system for tickets. The Mexican-American police targeting anyone that was white. The Anglo-American police targeting anyone that was Mexican. If you were pulled over and they said you had been drinking you set in jail for up to six months before you got a court date unless you bribed the judge. You paid the bribe and you were out in an hour and never had to appear in court.

Anyone could come across the border from Juarez and they did not have to have automobile insurance.

You wanted to work you had to be bilingual.

Texas catered to illegal immigrants long before California did. I know I saw it back in the 70's and fled back to California to get away from it. I didn't know 30 some years later California would be the same.

Facing a budget deficit that is at least $17 billion and growing, California Governor Schwarzenegger has taken the drastic step of proposing to cut more than 36,000 families headed by illegal aliens or drug felons off the CalWORKS welfare program.
    Since California aids, abets and harbors illegal aliens how about an Illegal alien tax? The best way to solve a problem is to go directly to the source of the problem.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicie
    It just doesn't add up.
    Another thing that doesn't add up, is where these IA's are getting the several thousand dollar required fee, to pay the coyotes, to bring smuggle them in. Do you think the Mex government is offering $$ incentives to them to come here ? That's something that's been bothering me for a long time. Maybe, we should look into that possibility ?

You're right, something doesn't add up and you are not the only one who has questions.

My husband and I have both long been wondering what is behind the meaning of what appears to be some kind of payment schedule IAs mention in discussing remittances they send back to Mexico.

These are people who are paid weekly yet they discuss sending this money "in 15 days" as though it is some reguarly scheduled monthly expense like a car or house payment, etc. and it never varies.

Our question has always been why, if they were only sending money to family, it would seem to be so scheduled? And what is so important about these payments that they will be late on rent, utility bills, and just about everything else to be sure those remittances are sent?

Yes, there is definitely something going on and I don't believe for a minute that it's because these remittances are important to Mexico just through consumer spending.
    I've thought about this a long time and concluded they are funded by the drug cartels. The remittances are how the drug cartels get paid back the coyote fees they fronted as well as how they keep track of where they are while they're here so they can get their runners to them to distribute illegal drugs.

There is no way these illegal aliens could make it here, stay here, work these jobs they claim they live on, support these families we know they have, and do so in the some of the most expensive areas of the United States without earning supplemental income and in a big way.

In order to stay here, they have to work at straight jobs. Otherwise our government would throw them out. But since they "do the jobs Americans won't do", our government lets them stay. Meanwhile, they're running and operating the largest illegal drug trade in the world for the cartels who sent them up here to begin with. The Mexican government says .. no problemo ... because the illegal aliens are not only a distribution force for the international drug trade, they're a major source of revenue and an advance force for the Mexican government.

That's how they afford homes, automobiles, shopping and everything else under the sun that most Americans working the jobs illegal aliens claim they're working can't afford to buy.

In other words, they steal American jobs and wages by day and run the international drug trade by night.

The international drug trade in the US is approaching $400 Billion a year. The total cost of foreign oil imports into the US is $400 Billion a year. That is the magnitude of the "sucking" sound of illegal immigration being used to operate an illegal international drug trade sucking our money supply out of the country in more ways than one.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sherry, truthfully, I dread having to travel to El Paso and into Juarez. It feels like Mexico on both sides of the border! Everyone seems to speak spanish first and english second and this really rubs me the wrong way. One can't even go to McD's for a burger without struggling to understand what they are saying and trying to make them understand what I am saying! It makes one want to scream out loud sometimes!!
    Regarding travel into Juarez, the police are corrupt and you are screwed if they stop you. I was stopped late one night after a long day/night of working at a Juarez business. It was 2:30am. I was worried because there was nobody else around and I had no idea if these guys were legit. They tried to take my car because they said I was speeding. I argued as best as I could in my broken spanish and finally they gave up after about 15 minutes. I have lots of other horror stories but I'm sure you've heard them all if you lived in Hel Paso!

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Texasborn,

As a military wife I found myself in El Paso in the early 70's, which makes me surprised at your post. What I find here in California is what I found in El Paso then. The only difference is that our police and courts aren't as corrupt as they were there. I don't know if things have changed, but I remember the quota system for tickets. The Mexican-American police targeting anyone that was white. The Anglo-American police targeting anyone that was Mexican. If you were pulled over and they said you had been drinking you set in jail for up to six months before you got a court date unless you bribed the judge. You paid the bribe and you were out in an hour and never had to appear in court.

Anyone could come across the border from Juarez and they did not have to have automobile insurance.

You wanted to work you had to be bilingual.

Texas catered to illegal immigrants long before California did. I know I saw it back in the 70's and fled back to California to get away from it. I didn't know 30 some years later California would be the same.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

CV, I really do feel your pain and frustration and I admire you! I don't know how you can tolerate this insanity on a day to day basis. Hang tough! I will be the first in line waving a California flag when you guys bring these corrupt politicians to their knees and drive the La Raza maniacs out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel

...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis

Stokey, like they say, Texas Is Like A Whole 'Nother Country! The sheer size makes it much more difficult to keep out the IA's!!

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    TexasBorn,

A friend moved to Texas a long time ago. On one of his trips back he was telling us how big Texas was. He said that after he left San Diego, and made it back to Texas, he still wouldn't be half way home.

I didn't believe him until we got the map out and added up the mileage.

William Barret Travis

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast