Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here is the NUMBERS USA pledge from the 2008 presidential election.

Huckabee has placed this pledge on his blog on his campaign website

January 17, 2008 - 11:38 PM

by Mike Huckabee

Yesterday, I signed the following pledge:

"I pledge to oppose amnesty or any other special path to citizenship for the millions of foreign nationals unlawfully present in the United States. As President, I will fully implement enforcement measures that, over time, will lead to the attrition of our illegal immigrant population. I also pledge to make security of our borders a top priority of my administration."

Important points:

1. The 12 to 20 million illegal immigrants now here will have to go home.

2. They will not get any legal status while here that allows them to remain long-term.

3. Once in their home countries, they may apply for re-admittance to the U.S. as immigrants, visitors or temporary workers through normal channels.

4. Once in their home countries, they will not receive any special privileges on the basis of their having been in the U.S. illegally, such as being put to the front of a visa line.

5. There will be no new categories or programs through which they may re-enter the U.S.

6. There will not be an expansion of green cards in any existing categories that will speed up their movement to the front of the line.

(The Governor agreed to this pledge made to the American people with his public signing before the national media on Jan. 16, 2008 at North Greenville University, South Carolina.)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NumbersUSA Statement about Governor Huckabee Signing 'No Amnesty ...
    Jan 16, 2008 ... Governor Huckabee signs 'No-Amnesty' pledge as Roy Beck watches. ... Governor Huckabee understands his pledge to mean that: ...
    www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/huckabeepledge011608.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    To my knowledge, ALIPAC has never asked any member of Congress to pledge to allow illegal aliens to re-apply to re-enter our country legally. US immigration law will count that deportation as a violation of our laws which will cause their application to be rejected, won't it?
    If it's a first deportation and they stayed illegally less than six months there is no penalty. If they stayed longer than six months they have to wait three years after deportation before they can apply. If they stayed longer than one year the wait is 10 years. If they were deported more than once they are out of luck, cannot immigrate ever.

If they self deport and have no arrests then chances are the US government does not know about their illegal stay and they might be allowed to apply right away.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Illegals returning to their home country and going to the back of the line to apply to come here LEGALLY and waiting their turn isn't amnesty.

It is what ALIPAC has been saying they must do.
    To my knowledge, ALIPAC has never asked any member of Congress to pledge to allow illegal aliens to re-apply to re-enter our country legally. US immigration law will count that deportation as a violation of our laws which will cause their application to be rejected, won't it? I always thought so. It would illogical to give illegal aliens a visa knowing full well they won't abide its terms or expiration date. Please don't tell me our Department of Homeland Stupidity is giving visas to illegal aliens we just paid to deport for violating our immigration laws?!!

I didn't say one word about the pledge.

I said
    Illegals returning to their home country and going to the back of the line to apply to come here LEGALLY and waiting their turn isn't amnesty.

Right now a Mexican at the end of the line waits 12 to 18 years to come here legally with a green card, depending on who sponsors them, family relations, etc.

If millions of them returned home they would all be at the end of that line and they would be waiting a very long time. Each country has a limit as to how many people can legally enter each year. And the line is a different length in each country because of that.

You seem to always take people words and try to make them say something other than what they actually said.
    Let me repeat and make it as simple as I can. I have never read a position by ALIPAC that an illegal alien deported would qualify to re-enter the US. It is my understanding of US immigration law that their illegal entry into the US disqualifies them from ever re-entering the US again legally in the future, and I would never want that immigration law changed to allow it.

These people cost us hundreds of billions of dollars a year. Once their butts are out of here, they are never coming back. That is our law. ALIPAC supports the rule of law. I have never seen any statement by ALIPAC that supports allowing illegal aliens deported to re-apply to enter the US legally and I hope I never do.

So, please if you have a written statement somewhere by ALIPAC that states what you're saying is the position of ALIPAC, then I want you to produce it NOW OR WITHDRAW THE STATEMENT.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Right now a Mexican at the end of the line waits 12 to 18 years to come here legally with a green card, depending on who sponsors them, family relations, etc.
    These long waits are only true for employment and extended family immigration, immediate relatives of US citizens (spouse, parents, child) can enter in 1 year. Immediate relatives of green card holders wait about four years, because 12 years ago Congress gave Mexicans an exemption from the long waits!! Of course since this category (F2A) has an annual limit, giving Mexicans a shorter wait time means everyone else has to wait longer!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    To my knowledge, ALIPAC has never asked any member of Congress to pledge to allow illegal aliens to re-apply to re-enter our country legally. US immigration law will count that deportation as a violation of our laws which will cause their application to be rejected, won't it?
    If it's a first deportation and they stayed illegally less than six months there is no penalty. If they stayed longer than six months they have to wait three years after deportation before they can apply. If they stayed longer than one year the wait is 10 years. If they were deported more than once they are out of luck, cannot immigrate ever.

If they self deport and have no arrests then chances are the US government does not know about their illegal stay and they might be allowed to apply right away.
    Thank you Bowman, but isn't that the section that applies to people who over-stayed their visas? I think it is. It's my understanding that if you enter our country illegally and are caught, then you are not eligible to re-enter ever. Can you help me to clarify this law between a) entering illegally b) entering legally but not leaving on time.

How would our authorities ever know how long someone who entered illegally had "stayed"? Our immigration laws are pretty smart at least the ones I've read and I don't think they would have such a blunder in them. If not, then that needs to be corrected. No one who enters our country illegally should ever have the right to re-enter legally, ever.

Par example:

"Helicopter rescues illegal immigrant off mountain

"By Karen Kucher, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 1:27 p.m.

"A 28-year-old illegal immigrant suffering from hypothermia was rescued from halfway up Otay Mountain by a San Diego firefighting helicopter early Wednesday morning.

"Copter 2 was called by Border Patrol agents about 3:30 a.m. to rescue the man, said San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman Maurice Luque.

"The man and a companion had crossed the border around 9 a.m. Tuesday and were trapped overnight in the rain, Luque said. The man’s friend hiked down the mountain and found some Border Patrol officers and then led them back up to show them his stricken friend.

"The man was in “bad shapeâ€

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here is the NUMBERS USA pledge from the 2008 presidential election.

by Mike Huckabee

"I pledge to oppose amnesty or any other special path to citizenship for the millions of foreign nationals unlawfully present in the United States. As President, I will fully implement enforcement measures that, over time, will lead to the attrition of our illegal immigrant population. I also pledge to make security of our borders a top priority of my administration."

Important points:

2. They will not get any legal status while here that allows them to remain long-term.

3. Once in their home countries, they may apply for re-admittance to the U.S. as immigrants, visitors or temporary workers through normal channels.

4. Once in their home countries, they will not receive any special privileges on the basis of their having been in the U.S. illegally, such as being put to the front of a visa line.

5. There will be no new categories or programs through which they may re-enter the U.S.

6. There will not be an expansion of green cards in any existing categories that will speed up their movement to the front of the line.

(The Governor agreed to this pledge made to the American people with his public signing before the national media on Jan. 16, 2008 at North Greenville University, South Carolina.)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NumbersUSA Statement about Governor Huckabee Signing 'No Amnesty ...
    Jan 16, 2008 ... Governor Huckabee signs 'No-Amnesty' pledge as Roy Beck watches. ... Governor Huckabee understands his pledge to mean that: ...
    www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/huckabeepledge011608.html
    The pledge should read, if you ever entered the US illegally you will never be given permission to re-enter the US. Period.

To my knowledge, ALIPAC has never asked any member of Congress to pledge to allow illegal aliens to re-apply to re-enter our country legally. US immigration law will count that deportation as a violation of our laws which will cause their application to be rejected, won't it? I always thought so. It would illogical to give illegal aliens a visa knowing full well they won't abide its terms or expiration date. Please don't tell me our Department of Homeland Stupidity is giving visas to illegal aliens we just paid to deport for violating our immigration laws?!!

:roll:
    I didn't say one word about the pledge.

I said

If millions of them returned home they would all be at the end of that line and they would be waiting a very long time. Each country has a limit as to how many people can legally enter each year. And the line is a different length in each country because of that.

You seem to always take people words and try to make them say something other than what they actually said.
    Let me repeat and make it as simple as I can. I have never read a position by ALIPAC that an illegal alien deported would qualify to re-enter the US. It is my understanding of US immigration law that their illegal entry into the US disqualifies them from ever re-entering the US again legally in the future, and I would never want that immigration law changed to allow it.

These people cost us hundreds of billions of dollars a year. Once their butts are out of here, they are never coming back. That is our law. ALIPAC supports the rule of law. I have never seen any statement by ALIPAC that supports allowing illegal aliens deported to re-apply to enter the US legally and I hope I never do.

So, please if you have a written statement somewhere by ALIPAC that states what you're saying is the position of ALIPAC, then I want you to produce it NOW OR WITHDRAW THE STATEMENT.
    How about an email right from W, president of ALIPAC?

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm
    Subject: Number Pledge ?

W:

Did ALIPAC support the NUMBER USA pledge for the 2008 presidential candidates to sign that stated that they oppose illegal immigration, etc. ?

John Doe 2

DON'T REWARD THE CRIMINAL ACTIONS OF MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS

BY GIVING THEM CITIZENSHIP
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm Subject: Re: Number Pledge ?

2/10/2010

W:

This is the pledge that I am refering to. Did ALIPAC support the BOLD items below?

JD2
    ----------------------------------------------------------

by Mike Huckabee

Important points:

================================================== ========

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:15 pm
    Subject: Re: Number Pledge ? sounds about right, why? You are familiar with our platform and supportive information and all our releases. Why would you need to ask me if this is consistent with our positions?

W

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't think any illegal alien should have the opportunity to apply or re-apply for legal entry into the US. That's a revolving door for criminals who broke our laws, stole jobs, impoverished our people, cost us hundreds of billions of dollars in services and law enforcement and just doesn't make any sense to me.

IMO, there should be absolutely no latitude for those entering the country illegally (to do the jobs we won't and only coming here for a better life.) There should also be no commiseration for anyone that has broken the sovereign laws of this country.
    Apparently there are many loopholes in current law fine print that need to be corrected on behalf of We the People, perhaps more than politics would allow. But it is in our hands to make those changes.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    IMO, there should be absolutely no latitude for those entering the country illegally (to do the jobs we won't and only coming here for a better life.) There should also be no commiseration for anyone that has broken the sovereign laws of this country.
    Apparently there are many loopholes in current law fine print that need to be corrected on behalf of We the People, perhaps more than politics would allow. But it is in our hands to make those changes.
    I agree. At some point we really should dig into those laws and see what may be done to correct any such situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123