Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RIP Vince

Vince was my friend. He was a kind man who helped uphold the law and whos' life was taken much to early by someone who should not have even been in our country. Every time I think of it, I feel sick. All the awful parts of the stories you hear are true, it was more then 70 feet he was drug to death, the man ran because he did not want to get deported, he has been here working for a cafe in Clarkston, MI that NEVER had him on the payroll. He was breaking laws EVERYDAY! This was not an upstanding "productive member of socity" as his lawyer said. He was a law breaking, waste of a human life, living under false I.D.'s and steeling AMERICAN jobs. The car he used was that of the owners of the Old Village Cafe in Clarkston, MI.... They were aware of his status and that he was not suppose to be driving and still they allowed him to use their car to carry out such an act. I feel they are also responsible for the Death of Vince and should also be treated as criminals.

Re: RIP Vince

Quote Originally Posted by trinity225

Vince was my friend. He was a kind man who helped uphold the law and whos' life was taken much to early by someone who should not have even been in our country. Every time I think of it, I feel sick. All the awful parts of the stories you hear are true, it was more then 70 feet he was drug to death, the man ran because he did not want to get deported, he has been here working for a cafe in Clarkston, MI that NEVER had him on the payroll. He was breaking laws EVERYDAY! This was not an upstanding "productive member of socity" as his lawyer said. He was a law breaking, waste of a human life, living under false I.D.'s and steeling AMERICAN jobs. The car he used was that of the owners of the Old Village Cafe in Clarkston, MI.... They were aware of his status and that he was not suppose to be driving and still they allowed him to use their car to carry out such an act. I feel they are also responsible for the Death of Vince and should also be treated as criminals.

Welcome to ALIPAC "trinity" you are so right they are responsible also, along with the judges, Bush, Chertoff ou so called Congress who keeps allowing this to happen in our country where we are suppose to be kept safe and they are suppose to protect us from scum like this!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Driver who killed cop was drunk, test shows

Web-posted Sep 7, 2007

By STEPHEN FRYE
    Of The Oakland Press

INDEPENDENCE TWP. - An illegal immigrant accused of running over and killing an off-duty Flint police officer in Independence Township had a blood alcohol content twice the legal limit, blood test results showed.
    Advertisement

His attorney said Friday that second-degree murder is not an appropriate charge for the Mexican national, Ramon Felix Pineda, who has lived in the United States for more than a decade.

Attorneys on both sides stipulated to the blood results Friday morning as the preliminary examination for Pineda, 25, was adjourned until Sept. 28 by 52nd-2nd District Judge Kelley Kostin at the request of the defense.

Pineda, of Clarkston, is charged with second-degree murder in the Aug. 26 crash that killed Flint police Officer Vincent Owen D'Anna, 26, who died the following morning at Genysis Health Park in Grand Blanc.

Contact staff writer Stephen Frye at (24 745-4634 or steve.frye@oakpress.com.
    For more information on this story see tomorrow's print edition of The Oakland Press or click here to go to our e-paper edition.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/ ... 7156.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would make such a good story if some sharp young reporter would follow this case to conclusion and write about what actually happens to this defendant. My fear is that he will be given a free trip to the border and his greatest hardship will be getting a ride back to Michigan.

Can illegals get a drivers license in Calif.? Does anyone know? Says he is illegal driving on a suspended license.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

That is heartbreaking...again!

Those low life, scumbag, murdering cowards are always running away from the destruction of lives and messes they make. These scabs are what the trolls are defending and insulting us everyday by saying they are not illegal, they are just nice people and We are racists.

I'm very sorry for the loss of innocent Americans lives - God Bless them.

Bush, Kennedy and the rest of the goons own all this and I pray they pay for this someday.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Pineda’s attorney, Arthur Greenstone of Clarkston, argued that Pineda should be released on bond because he has a family and a job in the area and shouldn’t be considered a flight risk.
    And here is an example of a perfect idiot who probably said this with a straight face. How anybody could possibly make that insane of a statement is beyond me!

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Can illegals get a drivers license in Calif.? Does anyone know? Says he is illegal driving on a suspended license.
    No, they aren't supposed to. It was Gray Davis' support of giving illegals driver's licenses that was supposedly the final straw that forced his recall from being the Governor. Arnold took his place.

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    No, they aren't supposed to. It was Gray Davis' support of giving illegals driver's licenses that was supposedly the final straw that forced his recall from being the Governor. Arnold took his place.
    AH, then I'd say there is something fishy going on here, or another reporter with the wrong imformation

An Update

Hello. I'm new here. I'm trying to keep everyone aware of the Pineda case. The most recent developments were not well reported on the internet, so I'm trying to spread the word. Here's what the Clarkston News reported:

October 03, 2007 - A preliminary exam for the man accused in the death of off-duty Flint police officer Vincent D'Anna was rescheduled last week after his defense attorney withdrew from the case.

Citing a "break-down in the attorney-client" relationship, Clarkston attorney Arthur Greenstone asked for permission to step down and handed the case off to court-appointed Elias Escobedo Jr., who asked for time to prepare.

Judge Kelly Kostin granted both requests, and rescheduled the exam for Oct. 11.

Ramon Pineda was charged with second-degree murder after he allegedly rear-ended a motorcycle driven by Vincent Owen D'Anna on Sashabaw Road in Independence Township Aug. 26.

Witnesses told police Pineda hit D'Anna a second time, dragging him under the car while attempting to flee the scene.

Bystanders tackled the man, who later told police he consumed seven beers before the accident, as he attempted to flee on foot, while others help lift the car off D'Anna.

D'Anna, 26, died the following morning at Genysis Health Park in Grand Blanc.

Prosecutors also added an additional charge in the case Friday, after an ongoing investigation revealed Pineda was using a false name.

Investigators told Judge Kostin that interviews with Pineda's wife revealed he assumed a cousin's name after experiencing difficulty in obtaining identification of his own.

Several pieces of ID were discovered, they said, with photos of the same individual, but different names and birth dates.

Pineda, who entered the U.S. illegally about 12 years ago, also goes by the name Reyes Salas.

Communicating through a translator, Pineda was told he now faces a fourth count of false certification of personal information, a 1-5 year offense.

Pineda stood mute when the new charge was read, and Escobedo asked the court to enter a plea of not guilty on his client's behalf.

Surrounded by family and friends at the 52-2 District Court last week, Elliot D’Anna sits on a bike almost exactly like the one his brohter Vincent D’Anna was riding in Independence Township when the accident occured Aug. 26. (click for larger version)

Pineda is also charged with:

• Murder 2nd Degree, penalty up to life in prison;

• Operating While Intoxicated Causing Death, a 15-year felony;

• Leaving the Scene of an Accident Causing Death, a 5 year felony; and

• Driving While License Suspended.

"We're devastated," said Kristine Cobb, noting her husband Dean Cobb and D'Anna were "best friends."

"We're all just sticking together now," she said. "It's all we can do."

Cobb said the group planned to attend all court appearances related to the case. Most were clad in matching black T-shirts bearing D'Anna's name and picture, followed by, "May justice be served,"

Other friends—many in the group attended high school together—said D'Anna was "the guy who didn't care what anyone else thought of him, someone who was always there when you needed him."

And, while D'Anna's immediate family declined general comment, they did want to express a message of gratitude to the community.

"We really want to thank everyone who was there that day and has been there for us ever since," said Camille Leinbach, D'Anna's sister.

The family named witnesses and bystanders who helped lift the car off D'Anna, Oakland County Sheriff's Department, Flint Police, Independence Township fire and rescue personnel, Oakland County Prosecutor and a litany of others.

"I don't want to forget anyone," Leinbach said. "We'll never be able to thank them enough."

The rescheduled preliminary exam, which will determine whether enough evidence exists to send the case to trial at the 6th Circuit Court, was postponed until 1:30 p.m., Thurs. Oct 11.

http://www.clarkstonnews.com/1editor...en.subpub=#123

[/img]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast