Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Illegal Mother: My Unborn Child Deserves Citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Illegal Mother: My Unborn Child Deserves Citizenship

Updated: Thursday, 27 Jan 2011, 10:08 PM MST
    Published : Thursday, 27 Jan 2011, 9:24 PM MST

PHOENIX - Some Republican lawmakers in Arizona want to deny automatic citizenship to children born of illegal immigrants. We wanted to talk to someone who could be directly affected by this legislation. A woman who is 8 months pregnant and in the country illegally shared her story with FOX 10.

We'll call this undocumented expectant mother "Laura." She says her children deserve to be Americans, and she feels they shouldn't be penalized because she chose to cross the border illegally.

Laura says people like her have no choice but to come to America. In Mexico, there is no work, and it is dangerous.

She says every child deserves an opportunity better than that.

Laura came to the U.S. years ago by herself. She worked in hopes of becoming self-sufficient, and later fell in love. Her first-born son is 7 years old and a U.S. citizen. So is her husband.

Laura's greatest fear is to be separated from her family.

Supporters of the proposal argue that the wording of the 14th Amendment, which guarantees citizenship to people born in the U.S. who are "subject to the jurisdiction" of this country, doesn't apply to the children of illegal immigrants because such families don't owe sole allegiance to the U.S.

Opponents say the proposal is mean-spirited toward immigrants, won't make a dent in the state's immigration woes, and will be declared unconstitutional by the courts.

The proposal aims to get a court to rule that a child born in the U.S. is a citizen only if one of the parents is a U.S. citizen or a legal immigrant. That means that in Laura's case, supposing the bill does become law, her unborn daughter would be exempt -- because Laura's husband is legal.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/im ... f=obinsite
    WOMAN, YOUR CHILD DOES NOT DESERVE U.S. CITIZENSHIP ANY MORE THAN YOU DO I DON'T KNOW WHY THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT BEING DEPORTED SINCE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE IN THE SHADOWS "NOT" AND ONLY COME OUT TO GIVE A STUPID INSANE INTERVIEW SUCH AS THIS ONE. NO JOBS IN MEXICO, WELL I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU HONEY, THERE ARE NO JOBS HERE FOR U.S. CITIZENS BECAUSE YOU ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE THE ONLY BEING HIRED. DO YOU FOR ONE MINUTE THINK THAT IS RIGHT I DON'T UNDERSTAND OUR GOVERNMENTS WAY OF THINKING WHEN IT COMES TO THIS ISSUE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE COUNTRY ILLEGALLY ARE THE ONLY ONES WITH A J-O-B, GO FIGURE

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Illegal Mother: My Unborn Child Deserves Citizenship
    sure it does, citizenship in YOUR home Country not mine!
    WAY TO GO NOMAS WAY TO GO

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    I really wish this would get rushed to the SC for a ruling. While it faces many challenges from the political field which includes political judges the law is very clear and I have yet to hear one ounce of legal evidence to support citizenship to illegal babies. Every thing they have on their side is just sob stories and how its so hard back in mexico.

She is right though, every child has the right to aim for a better life. Its the parents duties to do that. However its the parents duties to do that in their home country. Fight for making Mexico a better place. Its only through being tempered in the heat of conflict that people rise above to become better then they were. That then gets passed onto future generations. However Mexicans never had that and without that they will continue to be a poor and downtrodden country and people not deserving freedom and liberty.

Its ones duty to their country to fight for a better future, we are doing that right here and through the US political system. They have aren't doing it for their country and thus aren't in a position to ever make the US a better place, not in a thousand years.
    THEY ARE COWARDS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY BUT, THEY DON'T MIND COMING HERE ILLEGALLY AND MARCHING IN OUR STREETS MAKING THEIR DEMANDS OF THIS COUNTRY. NOW THAT IS WHAT BURNS ME EVEN MORE ABOUT THESE ILLEGAL ALIENS AND WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO PROTEST IN OUR STREETS ANYWAY

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    I guess people in other Countries are just shaking their heads and are trying to figure out why we Americans allow our Country to be invaded by unlawful persons as it is currently. And I often wonder the same thing.
    THEY ARE NOT ONLY SHAKING THEIR HEADS, THEY ARE ALSO LAUGHING AT THE BIG BAD SUPER POWER FOR ALLOWING THEIR COUNTRY TO BE INVADED BY "ILLEGAL ALIEN HISPANICS" MOSTLY FROM MEXICO. AND THEY ARE ALSO LAUGHING BECAUSE THE DOJ HAS FILED A LAW SUIT AGAINST ARIZONA AND, MEXICO AND OTHER LATIN COUNTRIES HAVE ALSO JOINED THAT SAME SUIT OF AMERICA. THIS IS SO SHAMEFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    Mexico is so corrupted and injustice, those people have no idea what Law Enforcement means. They think they can live any way they want to live here in America ........
    That IS the problem. Poop runs down hill. Mexico is corrupt to the core. They not only think they can live any way they want in America, they do live any way they want to in America. Given the opporturnity, they turn peaceful, respectable neighborhoods into gang graffiti, disabled car littered yards, boom box loud latino music, trashed neighborhoods. They are slowly but surely turning America into what they claim they are running from.

illegals go home

Illegal aliens with their children must be deported. We do not have to keep them here. THey do not obey our immigration laws. Deport them now.

(Mod Edit/removing double post of this comment/RB)

Re: Illegal Mother: My Unborn Child Deserves Citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

We'll call this undocumented expectant mother "Laura." She says her children deserve to be Americans, and she feels they shouldn't be penalized because she chose to cross the border illegally.

Laura says people like her have no choice but to come to America. In Mexico, there is no work, and it is dangerous.

She says every child deserves an opportunity better than that.

Laura came to the U.S. years ago by herself. She worked in hopes of becoming self-sufficient, and later fell in love. Her first-born son is 7 years old and a U.S. citizen. So is her husband.
    I've got suggestion then Laura, don't have kids. This is certainly not an obligation in life. If you wanted to come to America and have kids in a safe place you could have do it legally. You do the crime, now it your turn to do the time. Hope you get deported very quickly and you kids and husband go with you.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

They are slowly but surely turning America into what they claim they are running from.
    They have become like spoiled children. They need to be "spanked" by enforcing our immigration laws and sent to their room, ie. their own country.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

If her kids dad is in fact a US citizen, I'm not sure what she is worried about. As far as I have read, they are proposing that at least one parent has to be a US citizen. Something smells fishy.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by thedramaofmylife
    If her kids dad is in fact a US citizen, I'm not sure what she is worried about. As far as I have read, they are proposing that at least one parent has to be a US citizen. Something smells fishy.
    That was a pretty dumb statement by the author of the article. Currently, you are a citizen, if one parent is a citizen, even if born abroad. It's citizenship by birth/nationality. That also causes sham marriages. Illegal has a baby with a citizen and the kids can have dual citizenship, for instance, children of Mexicans born here are Mexican nationals when they turn 18.

Laura's kids are citizens, she is not. She made her mess.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast