Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.sierratimes.com/06/01/12/66_ ... _81041.htm

Should Anchor Babies be granted automatic citizenship?
    Jack Ward

Whenever immigration is discussed, advocates of immigration (legal and illegal) make the claim that immigrants actually aid the US economy. While that claim can be debated, nobody can claim that ‘anchor babies’ provide a boost to the US economy. Anchor babies are babies of immigrants that are born in the US. Based on a misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution, these babies are granted immediate US citizenship.

Some parents come legally as temporary visitors but others enter illegally. In either case anchor babies are granted immediate US citizenship. Immigration officials seldom initiate deportation proceedings against illegal aliens with anchor babies, so they simply remain here illegally. After all what heartless bureaucrat would deport illegal immigrant parents and separate them from their newborn?

Since anchor babies are considered citizens they instantly qualify for public welfare which means they gain access to free medical care, schools, housing, food stamps, and all the other benefits of our welfare state. While the anchor babies do not provide immediate citizenship to the alien family, they do provide an anchor for that family – hence the name anchor baby. Granting automatic birthright citizenship is a huge magnet that attracts immigrants from all over the world.

How did all this nonsense get started? In post Civil War America, politicians wanted to amend the Constitution to address injustices to the black slaves. The 14th Amendment was intended to provide citizenship to those that had endured slavery. The Amendment states in part, “… all persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States...â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by legal4mykidsfuture
    To everyone who has responded to this thread, exept Brian503a:

Are you talking and arguing to an article?

If you haven't noticed, the person talking in the article did not come here to post it, and I dont think he will.

What's the point of you guys responding then?
    I didn't want to be rude or anything, I'm just curious
    Yes, I noticed, so..................

The purpose of this forum is to post imformative articles and to provide for discussion, to support or refute points made in the article or made by other responders. Yeah, I responded in first person, not third person. But I think most readers get that. My understanding was that we could discuss the postings freely, within the rules. Is that a problem?
    There is not a problem. I just didn't see the point of people responding in the first person, that is all.
    -You are always right until proven wrong.

had_enuf

Good article, it helps clarify the issue.

In post Civil War America, politicians wanted to amend the Constitution to address injustices to the black slaves. The 14th Amendment was intended to provide citizenship to those that had endured slavery.
    Then illegal aliens are taking advantage of a provision in the Constitution that is meant to address past injustices to African slaves.

Disgusting opportunists. But the politicians that support them are even worse.

Reply to " I am no anchor baby".

If your parents were illegal immigrants you are an anchor baby and all of your pontificating about the contribution of immigrants doesn't change that.
    This country was as you said built by immigrants but Plymouth Rock was a long time ago. There are legal immigrants today that are a credit to their former countries and an asset to ours . The Vietnamese immigrants have an incredible achievement motivation. Their children knock the top on college entrance exams, two recently had unheard of perfect scores on the SAT. I'm not generalizing and implying that all of these kids always ex cell , but it occurs too often to be considered a vagary in statistics.
    Illegal immigrants particularly those from Mexico and Central America are not generally a benefit to this country. They create an underclass because of their low education and skill levels, and I'm afraid in time their sense of unending entitlement will turn to resentment and more racial strife.
    It's said that no American will do the jobs they do. Who did the jobs before massive illegal immigration? Somehow they got done. What they really do is the jobs no American will do for slave wages and no benefits.
    When government welfare costs are factored in as well as the crime statistics and overcrowding I don't think were getting such a bargain.
    I realise that nothing I've said is P.C. but pardon me if I'm reluctant to enter the race for the bottom.

Ever notice how these anchor babies and their illegal alien lawbreaking parents sure want the laws enforced when it benefits them? According to present law those born here to illegals may be entitled to citizenship, and we damn well better enforce that, or they moan to high heaven.

But when it comes to other laws that they do not care for or don't benefit them, to hell with those laws. Immigration laws, Visa overstay laws, forged document laws, employment laws, driving without license laws, DUI laws, Hit & Run laws, housing and health regulations, those are just sort of guidelines I guess.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

I realise that nothing I've said is P.C. but pardon me if I'm reluctant to enter the race for the bottom.
    The lack of P.C.-ness is precisely what makes the discussions in this forum so refreshing!

But when it comes to other laws that they do not care for or don't benefit them, to hell with those laws.
    Precisely. But they are simply following the example set by our illustrious President......

Welcome, andyt.

I don't think anybody'll mind your lack of political correctness here. After all, that's what got this country in the mess it's in now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder if anyone else has noticed the change in civility since the influx began. I lived in San Diego for almost 30 years before returning to what I remembered as a great little city in Central Texas. I was amazed by the change in demographics as well as the general character of the city. If you can imagine children from toddlers to teenagers charging down the isles of department stores, grocery stores and even restaurants dismantling displays and bumping into anything and everything while their parents ignore them you get some idea of what things are like now. This invasion is likely to change the National character if left unchecked.
    I was recently in the Rio Grande Valley on business, and was amazed at the way common social rules were ignored. Parking lots were a minefield of shopping carts left where they were unloaded and women changed their babies diapers and left them in the parking lots.
    I'm not a squeamish man but walking past used diapers is enough to make you want to toss your cookies.
    I know these seem like petty concerns but I'm afraid they are just the start. I never wanted to live in Mister Rogers neighborhood, but I expect better than this.

AndyT, I know exactly what you are talking about. This city was always a little slummy in the downtown areas but now the slum has infiltrated the entire city. Junk cars by the dozens on the streets and in people's yards. Trash everywhere. Those unruly children disrupt almost all of the schools and frustrated teachers are ready to give up their jobs to get away from them! The stores are pretty well trashed. Just everything. And the degree of blatant discrimination against people who are obviously not hispanic has grown tremendously in the past ten years. I used to think it was just kids who were more interested in their social life than in their work in the stores but I notice that if someone speaks to them in Spanish they hop to quick enough so I'm positive it's just plain discrimination. There are a lot more hate filled eyes on the people who say "You need to learn Spanish!" these days, too. It's getting tense, to say the least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12