Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Legalization for aliens a 'must,' Bush announces

Legalization for aliens a 'must,' Bush announces
    President keeps status talks going while entrance laws remain unenforced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: October 11, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

U.S.-Mexico border

President Bush says that part of the solution to illegal immigration "must" include a way for those already in the United States but without legal authorization to be given that status.

"We will conduct this debate on immigration in a way that is respectful to our heritage," he said at a recent White House event honoring Hispanic Heritage Month "We are a nation of law, and we will enforce our law.

But at the same time, we must remember that in order to secure our borders, in order to make sure we fulfill our heritage, immigration reform must be comprehensive in nature. We must understand that you can't kick 12 million people out of your country; that we must figure out a way to say to those that if you're lawful and if you've contributed to the United States of America, there is a way for you to eventually earn citizenship."

The issue of "amnesty" to illegals already in the country remains one of the hottest issues in the debate over illegal immigration. There are many who believe that the border laws need to be enforced first, to dry up to gusher of illegal aliens moving into the United States, and then those who are here can be addressed.

One of those groups is Americans for Legal Immigration, where spokesman William Gheen told WND that without a solid enforcement of border access, there's no point in having other laws.

"That's where it comes down," he said. "For any law to be a deterrent, the punishment must be greater than the rewards. Illegal aliens never will be able to pay for illegally immigrating. They must leave. That's the only punishment we have that's greater than the crime."

"Just imagine, if bank robbers were caught and told they must give back 75 percent of the money!"

Bush said "automatic amnesty" isn't the goal.

"But everybody in our land understands these people must be treated with respect and dignity. There are citizenship lines for people from our neighborhood. People ought to be given a chance to get at the back of the citizenship line and have a chance."

"And so I assure my friends here that I will – we will enforce the border as people expect us to do. But as we do so, we'll do so in a humane way, in a way that honors that great tradition of the United States of America, one nation under God," Bush said.

Congress approved and Bush signed a bill just a week ago creating a plan for the construction of a 700-mile wall that would effectively halt illegal immigration through the border between the United States and Mexico, but as WND reported bloggers immediately pointed out that a separate bill to actually begin funding the project hasn't been signed into law yet.

And Texas Sen. John Cornyn, in a related WND story said he doubts whether it ever will be built.

Gheen told WND that it has the appearance of a "sham discussion." There's a lot of talk and some voting on building the facilities needed to control border crossings, but even before all those plans are final, the discussion turns to amnesty.

In fact, he said some unofficial indicators are that illegal immigration has spiked since Bush started talking about amnesty.

Bush has backed a Senate plan to give longtime illegal aliens an opportunity for citizenship, but not allow that same open door for short-term arrivals in the United States.

The fence plan has stirred some international feelings, with Mexican officials sending a diplomatic protest to Bush over the effort, and threatening to take the issue to the United Nations.

Mexican officials have expressed doubt, too, whether the fence ever will be completed, but Congressman Duncan Hunter, who penned last year's provisions as part of an immigration enforcement effort, said the law states the wall "shall" be built.

One participant in a weblog said the plan just doesn't make sense.

"Dear Mr. President," he wrote. "You need to give a blanket pardon to all criminals that break our laws. Or, enforce our laws. You shouldn't pick and choose which laws are OK to violate."

In an earlier radio program, Bush suggested resolving the status of those already in the U.S. this way:

"They should not be given an automatic path to citizenship. This is amnesty, and I oppose it. Amnesty would be unfair to those who are here lawfully, and it would invite further waves of illegal immigration. We will find a rational middle ground between automatic citizenship for illegal immigrants and mass deportations of people who've been living here for many years with jobs, families, and deep roots in our country," he said then.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=52395
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    But everybody in our land understands these people must be treated with respect and dignity.
    Yes, with the same respect and dignity that we treat all criminal law breakers with - no more, no less.

Those that break the law should be punished for doing so, not rewarded!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good job W.

However, this article really burned me up.

It appears that Bush is struggling with math so I'm going to help him out.

20 million illegal aliens opposed by approximately 240 million people or 80% of Americans. 20 million to 240 million, which is equal to 1 in 12 people. Get this Bush, the illegals are out numbered! I know 12 people that will help me throw one illegal out of Texas. Now do you get it?

I don't want to hear that we can not kick 20 million criminals out of our country. GW, you are insulting our intelligence.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"But everybody in our land understands these people must be treated with respect and dignity.
    They should be treated with the same degree of disrespect that they have shown America, its laws, and its lawful citizens and immigrants. Furthermore, George W. should be treated similarly.

Re: Legalization for aliens a 'must,' Bush announces

"And so I assure my friends here that I will – we will enforce the border as people expect us to do. But as we do so, we'll do so in a humane way, in a way that honors that great tradition of the United States of America, one nation under God," Bush said.
    The man is a total blasphemist.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What about the respect and dignity of american citizens to have their laws enforced Mr. Bush?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah and what about the 28,000 plus American Citizens whose "respect and dignity" were destroyed by murder, homicides and drunk driving accidents by illegal aliens since 2003...nine times the number of people killed on 9/11?

Yeah...what about THEM, Mr. Bush?

What about THEIR FAMILIES, Mr. Bush?

You're a friggin freak. "Mr. Bush"...a FREAK I SAY!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why doesn't Mr. Bush ever bring up the employers ? Why doesn't Mr. Bush discuss the fact that they're going to face consequences for their actions which would stop illegal immigration more than any one thing ?

Watch out whenever Mr. Bush says "must".

Legalization for aliens a "must"

Part of the Bush plan requires all illegals that have been here for less than 2 years to leave. How, exactly, will we force them to leave.

I would like our ineffective government to prove they CAN make them leave and DO IT NOW.

I would also like to hear of more ICE raids in south Texas.

I think MR. Elitist Booosh needs to be reminded who he works for. I believe there is some piece of paper that says government by the people for the people and another one that says "We the People" I have not seen one here that says I the King Bush.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast