Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Number of Illegal

I was just reading the pro amnesty reformimmigrationfor america website. They are saying that this drop in numbers makes this an ideal time for Comprehensive Immigration Reform. I wonder if our government is cooking the numbers to make it look like their pitiful enforcement measures are working?
    You guys should check out the pro amnesty websites. They are using some of our arguments to make a case that legalizing 12 million undocumented workers during a depression will help the economy....
    One argument is that giving legal status would force employers to pay a fair wage to every worker, citizen and foreign born.
    For some reason they can not understand that putting citizens back to work will save unemployment payments, refill tax revenue, and reduce money being sent out of the country instead of being spent locally.

From what I see there is less of them in South Florida. The question is how many moved elsewhere and how many went back home? You no longer see lots of them at the Home Depot in Hollywood and see more Americans looking for work. Also there are no longer all those police calls that came on an almost daily basis from the Home Depot at the 163rd St. Mall and they have not changed their policy regarding them. There is also a well know corner in South West Miami Dade County where you would see 20 to 30 of them now you are lucky if you see more than 10 and in a location in Broward County where there were 15 - 20 of them there are now 6 -8.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 6552.story

Florida sees decline in illegal immigrants
    It's the only state to experience drop in numbers; experts cite economic downturn

U.S. Department of Homeland Security By Gregory Lewis, Sun Sentinel
    9:59 p.m. EST, February 11, 2010

Florida was the only state to see a net loss of undocumented immigrants from 2000 to 2009, the federal government says in a new report.

The state's foreign-born illegal residents totaled 720,000 in January 2009 — 80,000 fewer than in 2000. Still, Florida has the third-highest number behind California and Texas, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security report released Wednesday.

"I believe it has everything to do with the economic downturn, especially related to real estate and related to jobs in construction and services," said William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, a Washington, D.C., think tank.

"California and Texas showed decreases in the last two years, but stay at levels above 2000," Frey said. "In Florida's case, the decline is more severe, perhaps due to a more severe shift in the economy. Unlike Texas and California, Florida sustained two straight years of domestic migration losses."

Last year the U.S. Census Bureau reported a decrease in all foreign-born Florida residents -- those here legally and illegally -- which was borne out by the numbers in South Florida.

In Broward County, the number was estimated at 518,965, down 3 percent from 2007. In Miami-Dade County, with a foreign-born population of 1.19 million, the decline was less than a percentage point. But in Palm Beach County, the number of residents born outside the United States grew 5.3 percent in 2008, to 280,460.

"It is symbolic as much as anything," said Frey. "Florida has been a major immigration magnet for a long time and synonymous with immigration to the U.S. So if there is a downturn in the immigrant population in Florida, it underscores the state's fundamental economic problems."

Gregory Lewis can be reached at glewis@sunsentinel.com or 954-572-2084.

Copyright © 2010, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegal immigration debate Forum index

These are welcome news but we still need to address a lot of things to once and for all discourage illegal immigration to this country. The number of illegals who left probably are just a drop in the bucket because majority of these so called illegals are here to stay because they already have family members who are born here. This is the reason for these families to be able to tap on the WIC program and as many have noticed, on the food stamps program. What our government must do is reverse this law allowing children born in the US of undocumented parents to become US citizens. These so called "chariot babies" are the parent's ticket to stay here permanently at the expense of the US taxpayers. Reverse this law and we will see a drastic drop in illegal immigration. If some countries could adopt such law, why can't we not do it.

Re: Number of Illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    I was just reading the pro amnesty reformimmigrationfor america website. They are saying that this drop in numbers makes this an ideal time for Comprehensive Immigration Reform. I wonder if our government is cooking the numbers to make it look like their pitiful enforcement measures are working?
    You guys should check out the pro amnesty websites. They are using some of our arguments to make a case that legalizing 12 million undocumented workers during a depression will help the economy....
    One argument is that giving legal status would force employers to pay a fair wage to every worker, citizen and foreign born.
    For some reason they can not understand that putting citizens back to work will save unemployment payments, refill tax revenue, and reduce money being sent out of the country instead of being spent locally.
    I told you! This DHS report is just to lie to the American People about how few there are to make pushing amnesty down our throats on the taking point that it won't be a "big deal, because there's just a few of them after all, and many are leaving" crap.

I do believe the number coming in has reduced a little bit, and the number going home has increased from 0, but the net is still more and there's 4 x as many to begin with counting offspring than what they've ever reported so we still have a the same problem it's just over all bigger than it was last year but not at the same rate of growth and for DHS to claim otherwise is just a bold-faced Open Borders Traitors Lie.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I call BS! I would personally like to thank Oklahoma for actually doing something about illegal immigration. Because of your rationale, us Texans have to suffer MORE illegals. ALL OK illegals have moved to Texas. This is getting really bad!!
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    I call BS! I would personally like to thank Oklahoma for actually doing something about illegal immigration. Because of your rationale, us Texans have to suffer MORE illegals. ALL OK illegals have moved to Texas. This is getting really bad!!
    But don't forget, all OK illegals moved to Oklahoma from Texas. OK is just sending them back to Texas so you can send them back to wherever they came from. Texas has almost 1200 miles of the almost 2000 mile US Mexico Border. It's an awesome responsibility for Texas, no question about that.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree. Oklahoma has done a great job of passing and/or enforcing their immigration laws. And I've read and heard the number of illegals in Oklahoma has declined since they did this. Surprise, surprise.

Apparently Oklahomans didn't fall for the usual attempts by the pro-amnesty crowd to block state enforcement, by claiming the states can't enforce their own laws because "immigration is a Federal issue".

BS!! Federal gov is NOT enforcing our laws, so it sure as he!! IS the right, no -- the responsibility! -- of state governments to at least protect their own state from invasion, since the Federal government won't do it!!
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    I agree. Oklahoma has done a great job of passing and/or enforcing their immigration laws. And I've read and heard the number of illegals in Oklahoma has declined since they did this. Surprise, surprise.

Apparently Oklahomans didn't fall for the usual attempts by the pro-amnesty crowd to block state enforcement, by claiming the states can't enforce their own laws because "immigration is a Federal issue".

BS!! Federal gov is NOT enforcing our laws, so it sure as he!! IS the right, no -- the responsibility! -- of state governments to at least protect their own state from invasion, since the Federal government won't do it!!
    Absolutely, builditnow. Every state has the duty to enforce US immigration law utilizing every municipal, county and state law enforcement officer available.

Yes I too believe this is a farce and even if they return to thier own country, they still receive welfare ect with a PO BOX address. the invasion is still very clear in our schools colledges and social services. Please in our small town of BLUFFTON SC, we have 52 percent illegals in our schools, so please this report FARCE NEWS. i AM HAPPY TO SEE FINALLY PEOPLE ARE REALIZING THAT THE NCLR ( THE RACE) OR LA RAZA AND MALDEF AND LULAC ARE BEING RECOGNIZED AS LIARS, BUT THESE LIARS GET BILLIONS OF YOUR TAXPAYERS MONEY TO SPREAD THESE LIES PEOPLE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.
    wHEN YOU GO TO WALMART YOU CAN SEE THIS. A CART LOAD OF FOOD FOR THIER FAMILIES THAT YOU PAY FOR, I VERY RARELY SEE A MEXICAN WOMAN WITHOUT 2 OR 3 CHILDREN AND 1 IN THE BELLY. WE NEED TO BRING BACK WELFARE REFORM THAT IS ANOTHER WAY THESE FREELOADERS IN OUR COUNTRY ARE USING TAXPAYERS MONEY TO SUPPORT THIER CHILDREN AND THIER FAMILIES. I TOOK MY DAUGHTER IN LAW TO THE WELFARE OFFICE TO APPLY FOR FOOD STAMPS SHE IS A SINGLE MOM. THEY TURNED HER DOWN, BUT BEING THERE ALL DAY I WATCHED 13 MEXICANS WALK OUT WITH A FOOD STAMP CARD. THIS MAGNET ALSO NEEDS TO STOP, WHICH IS ONLY FOR US CITIZENS ANYWAY...NO MORE BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP FOR BABIES BORN TO ILLEGAL ALIENS, NO MORE. Mad

__________________________________________________ ________________

Yes I had to go apply a year ago and got turned down, while all the wording in the paperwork you fill out basically allows illegal immigrants hundreds and hundreds of dollars in food stamps. I was stunned reading the paperwork in North Carolina. I simply couldn't believe that an illegal immigrant from a foreign country was sucking this much money out of American Taxpayers pockets. It is treason, they used to hang people by the neck till they were dead for treason. How did these people get away with this. Our government allowed it and helped it along by giving foreigners access to American benefits. Treason!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by builditnow

Absolutely, builditnow. Every state has the duty to enforce US immigration law utilizing every municipal, county and state law enforcement officer available.
    What we need to do is get rid of sanctuary cities so law enforcement can deal with illegals. In those non sanctuary cities it is a nightmare for police who try to deal with it properly. They need ICE to come pick them up when officers get a bunch of them. I know of a case where there was a fire in an apartment complex. Police officers on the scene caught around a dozen illegal Mexicans. ICE would not come and get them in a decent time frame and the police officers had other calls to go to and had to let them go. I also know officers who caught them committing misdemeanors and rather than arresting them they would drive them to the Border Patrol facility in the neighboring city. Upon arrival in the building Border Patrol agents would ask the officers: "what do you want us to do with them?" Those incidents are from what officers in a certain city in Broward County have experienced. Law enforcement agents are the ones who come across illegals all the time and would be beneficial in immigration enforcement but many times their hands are tied. I know of some who call ICE regularly when they are off duty to help deal with the problem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast