Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border with a gun down her pants

Last year a Norwegian news crew interviewed Shawna Forde while she was out on "patrol" for illegal border crossers in the vicinity of Arivaca, Arizona -- the same area where, less than a year later, she would be arrested for the cold-blooded murder of a 9-year-old girl and her father.

It's pretty chilling, particularly when she describes their activities in the desert:

And then there's the shot where you see her stick her gun down her pants. (For someone raised around guns in a shooting family, that only confirms her complete and utter dumbassery. What is it about Minuteman types who stick their guns down their pants? This is always the sign of someone too stupid to care whether they shoot off their dick or ass.)

In any event, this is all part of why, as Patrick Young at Long Island Wins notes, the Minutemen and their supporters are scrambling hard to get away their many long associations with Forde:

Shawna Forde, who allegedly cooked up the deadly plot to raise money for political action had close ties to Jim Gilchrist, one of the two founders of the Minutemen. His website had defended her against criticism from other anti-immigrant activists as recently as January of this year. Yet, if you go to his site today, pages that Google says listed her have been scrubbed.

Same thing with VDARE, the homepage of educated racism. The site had an article criticizing a newspaper that had called Forde's claims of having been abducted by aliens (Latino immigrants, not space monkeys) far-fetched. The page was scrubbed. It only exists as a Google cache and will soon disappear. Cowards. If you want to back up a woman her brother describes as a sociopathic liar you should at least leave your endorsement up when she is also shown to be a psychopathic murderer.

Young also adroitly observes:

Jeff Schwilk, the leader of the San Diego Minutemen, in his denial of involvement with Shawna Forde gave the most damning statement about her and his own armed militia: "I've been concerned about her and her impact on our movement... Irrational people with assault rifles at the border is a recipe for disaster."

Exactly what I've been saying since I first heard of the Minutemen.

Indeed. And the above video is ample testament to that fact.

Meanwhile, Chad Shue at the Examiner describes how Forde's extremism helped drive the formation of an organized civil-rights campaign to counter it in the Everett area in the form of the Snohomish County Citizens Committee for Human Rights.

The Colorado Independent points out that Tom Tancredo also had his representatives in attendance at Forde's 2007 "Immigration Summit" in Everett, where a letter was read from Tancredo sending his regrets for not being in attendance.

And Marc Cooper chimes in as well.

Of course, at this point, we're still wondering where the rest of the media are. The national reporting on this has been nearly nonexistent -- particularly at Fox.

Imagine for a moment, if you will, the media reaction under the reversed scenario: If this had been a Mexican drug gang that had murdered a white family in the desert, can you imagine how Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly would have handled it?

Tags: forde, Google, hate crimes, Immigration, Minutemen, racism, Shawna Forde
    EmailPrint.Related
    â—¦Ignoring Shawna Forde: Fox News fails to live up to Bill O'Reilly's own news-coverage standard
    â—¦'Oh my God, I can't believe they killed my family': Victim of Minuteman gang, on 911 call, pleads for help amid gunfire
    â—¦Minuteman 'tactical' leader/murder suspect Shawna Forde was part of the 'respectable' nativist Right too
    â—¦Wingnuts unhappy because CNN calls Shawna Forde's killer Minuteman gang 'extremists'
    â—¦Immigration and hate crimes: Forde case shows how 'respectable' nativists like FAIR help whip up the violence

Login or Register to post comments.

64 comments
    ... Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:06 — CartoonCoyote
    And then there's the shot where you see her stick her gun down her pants.... This is always the sign of someone too stupid to care whether they shoot off their dick or ass.)

Well, I hear the name on the birth certificate was originally "Shawn"....
    .Login or register to reply
    I get it!! Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:33 — spric
    Har, har-har-har
    ... Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:50 — CartoonCoyote
    When one takes a look at your previous posts, it's not at all surprising that you're going to bat for a Nazi bimbo. She's probably your mother/sister (and the "/" doesn't necessarily stand for "either/or" in your case.).
    Too bad she didn't shoot Tancredo's Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:23 — savannah43
    dick off.
    Come on! She would have to be an incredible shot Tue, 06/23/2009 - 01:49 — Tyler Durden
    to hit such a small target at such distance. And that lady does not strike me as the Calamity Jane type.....
    That brings back memories Mon, 06/22/2009 - 21:49 — smchris
    About 20 years ago a guy shot his balls off at the Harborplace multiplex in Baltimore. As the local rag at the time reported it showed the urban pluck of the crowd that they calmly helped the paramedics get him out.
    Gun down pants- Not the brightest move, but not uncommon Tue, 06/23/2009 - 00:20 — Washingtonian
    Depending on the weapon, the safety features varies as it is not the best option, but not necessarily unsafe at all, especially if there isn't a round chambered.
    Regardless, I'm not going to defend this persons' alleged actions that occur after this video, to set the stage. (Again, NOT defending this potential perp., I just want to see the verdict.)
    The only thing I am going to defend Dave, is that while it shows that she appears to be quite a bit on the ditzy-trashy side, she is not a representative for those of a lot of Americans who enjoy their rights to be collectors.
    I truly hope this does not become a staging ground for any blanket form gun control. If she, and those who acted with her are guilty, then it is my hope that our courts will show them the full extent of our law, and set them as examples.
    Aside from their actions... let's not draw too many conclusions here, just yet.
    Your book may or may not have a conclusion validified here, as this video just shows a couple people who want to voluntarily assist with the efforts of preventing illegals from entering. One of them in the video is a Vet, with no apparent tie(to her seperate potential crimes) who claims he was shot at by drug dealers.
    Dave Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:06 — ConcernedCanuck
    Sorry to be slightly off topic...but it does concern a border...why does this administration fear Canada so much?

Homeland Security drone patrolling NNY
    http://www.newswatch50.com/news/local/story/H...

What is there to fear? West Edmonton Mall had at one time three fully operational submarines. Canadian Navy? 2 that go on fire. Can't be an invasion then that is causing it. Could it be all those 911 terrorists that came across the border? I just don't get this one at all.
    have you never watched south park? Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:23 — Uncle Joe Mccarthy
    i for one dont want all those beady eyed, flapping headed, aboot pronouncing people coming into my country
    CC, I don't think its about Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:54 — Seattle_Truthseeker
    fearing Canada, - its really all about causing fear in the sheeple. I know that you are aware too that keeping and causing fear is right out of the Nazi playbook. A fearful population is a pliable and gullible population. I used to live in the Detroit area and thinking of Canada as anything other than lovely and clean and peaceful, is anathema to me. Crossing the Ambassador bridge (and going to Boblo Island) was just part of life in Michigan. I simply refuse to play into any sort of fear game - Peace
    A little more.... Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:19 — Seattle_Truthseeker
    My high school used to exchange with a high school in Ontario - I stayed with a lovely family in Brampton, and I have fond memories to this day. I remember our H.S. band went to Canada for a concert, and we came back with huge amounts of fireworks, we all crammed them into our instruments - my bass clarinet was full of roman candles - then we all laid down and pretended to be asleep when we got to the border. Fun times What has happened? why are americans so painfully fearful?? Now, were I to cross the Ambassador Bridge, I would need a passport??? Its just disgusting. The most fearsome person in Canada is Snidely Whiplash (and all he wants to do is tie Nell Fenwick to the railroad tracks)!! Any other Detroiters/ex Michiganders find this in-frik'n sane? Peace
    Insane yes. Surprising, NO! Tue, 06/23/2009 - 01:33 — NoGWBpolicyleft...
    Insane yes. Surprising, NO! The federal government lets untold numbers of people flood into this country from Mexico, but if you want to go to Canada now from Michigan, you nedd "your papers!" I remember growing up how they always should how evil the Nazi's were by demanding to see your papers.

But we also were always told about those "godless commies" in China and how we needed to be vigilant against them. Vigilant that is, until the corporations figured out a way to exploit them (and screw the American people), then they were not so bad.
    Why do we fear Canada? Mon, 06/22/2009 - 21:45 — smchris
    Some of us have seen Trailer Park Boys!
    Are you happy to sight me Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:08 — Peter G
    or is that a gun in your pants?
    more right wing terror Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:09 — JasonShankel
    So glad to see she was busy keeping America safe from all those nasty brown people.
    Is that a gun in your pants Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:09 — ajmilner
    ...or are you just happy to see me?
    where gilchrest went wrong Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:29 — Uncle Joe Mccarthy
    in order to make his movement appear larger than it is, he allowed in every sort of riff raff and neo nazi nutjob

right off the bat, when she tried to explain why she was doing what she was doing...she was waaaaaay off base

its not that the people are poor or come from third world countries or have a lack of education....for in one gen, that is fixed (i personally know more than few who are extremely proud that their kids are now attending university, something they couldnt do in their own countries)

the problem is, these people are used by the corporatists to bring down wages and increase their own personal profits

and i would be gung ho for immigration reform...if it really did fix the system

but we were promised this 20 years ago...and the problem just got worse

before any immigration reform is instituted, real punishment of employers must be instituted first

and dont tell me employers dont know when they hire an illegal...
    right on Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:35 — spric
    That's what it boils down to.
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:33 — Ape-Man
    When is FOX Opinions going to run this story?
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:35 — sixandseveneights
    As soon as the run the Letterman joke story into the ground some more.
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:39 — CafeenMan
    They're waiting to see if she's acquitted. If so then they'll be all over it.
    Next up on FOX Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:41 — sixandseveneights
    "Was Shawna Forde a liberal? Beck and O'Reilly make the case when we return from break!"
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:04 — lkerniii
    Front page of the WaTimes: "Liberal trailer trash kills innocent 9-year old."
    Rush is one upping FOX and he is claiming Tue, 06/23/2009 - 01:53 — Tyler Durden
    how sources close to the suspect noticed the development of violent behavior and a radicalization of her views right after her conversion to Islam. Before that she had been a role model, conservative, Christian, upstanding moral citizen.
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:43 — sixandseveneights
    That gun would go off on her fat ass and she wouldn't even feel it. How can somebody spend all those days in the desert and not sweat some of that fat off? Must be a lot of Cheetos in that truck.
    .... Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:57 — Shoeless
    She has been sweating it off. You shoulda seen her before she went out to the dessert.
    Fighting Evil Mon, 06/22/2009 - 18:52 — RudyTahuti
    What strikes me as so typical, again, is the motivating belief that evil acts must be committed to fight a greater evil. At least 95% of the harm in this world is done by people who believe they are doing good, or at least forced to lesser evil for lack of a good alternative.

I'm not optimistic this will ever improve.
    Chris Simcox Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:06 — nyguy
    And his bunch are desperate trying to distance themselves from her. It's clear that she was acting with them and was a pretty active member of the minuteman, including being a public voice and activist. Now, how does one feel when a wife and child beater, aka Chris Simcox is your leader? Seems to me that either way they stink.
    Why do people Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:08 — FreeAmerica
    feel safe if they have a gun. don't they know the other person might have a bigger gun
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:13 — BigD145
    Or be a better shot or have more training and experience or be able to shoot someone in the head where they do not have body armor.
    my gun doesn't make me feel safe Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:53 — Tom Seaview
    FA, you are absolutely right.

I carry at least one gun every day; when I'm in my car, I have two guns. Having guns reminds me that there are a lot of other guns out there, and that I am not bullet-proof... hell, I'm not even bullet-resistant.

Relative size and power is unimportant. I carry a 10mm Glock 29 on my hip; my "car gun" is the larger Glock 20, also chambered for 10mm and one of the most powerful handguns on God's gray Earth. Carrying such guns, and being well-trained & proficient in their deployment and use, does not in any way decrease my fear of the ubiquitous, albeit weaker, nine millimeter round.

My goal is always the same: drive safely and politely, neither start nor escalate any argument, stay away from dangerous places & people, and avoid getting shot. The guns do not make any of those goals easier to achieve; they simply give me a few more options if I somehow fail to avoid trouble.
    Who changes your bed after you wet it every night? Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:46 — sixandseveneights
    I sleep with a elephant gun in case an elephant comes a charging in the middle of the night. During the day I carry a surface to air missle in my backpack in case I hear a predator drone over head.
    Why Tue, 06/23/2009 - 04:16 — Timjoebillybob
    does carrying a firearm automatically make you scared? Do you have a fire extinguisher or smoke detectors in your house? How about a first aid kit? If you do, do you wet your bed every night?

I view those and being armed about the same, they are all ways of protecting myself and my family. I have them but hope I will never need them.
    I sleep with 5 guns Mon, 06/22/2009 - 23:45 — lordkoos
    because you never know... I actually feel a lot safer if everyone was armed to the teeth 24/7. That's what that amendment is all about!
    I can't wait for my M-60 to arrive!!! Tue, 06/23/2009 - 01:34 — Tyler Durden
    I will place it near my bed, right next to my grenade launcher and the two bazookas. You never know when you're going to need all that fire power to dish out some lead rain in the event that the under-the-bed and closet monsters unite tonight... just like the founding fathers intended!
    Dont trust Canada Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:12 — FreeAmerica
    Didnt you see Canadian Bacon
    Ironically, that's called "Mexican carry" ...and it sucks Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:39 — Tom Seaview
    Those of us who carry legally eschew Mexican carry for various reasons:
    safety (the gun is not secure)
    accessibility (the gun is too secure when the pants are tight enough to hold it)
    comfort (you need to really crank that belt down so tight it's painful).

But, then, people who carry illegally do a lot of other stupid crap too, like murdering innocents.
    Thank you for taking the time, to explain that... Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:15 — Truth_Critic
    I was not aware. ♥
    The rule of thumb is: Tue, 06/23/2009 - 01:56 — Tyler Durden
    Never put your dick (or other reproductive organs) near a dangerous place.

... and there are few places on earth more dangerous than the nozzle at the end of the barrel of a gun.
    Agreed Tue, 06/23/2009 - 04:03 — Timjoebillybob
    but as a legal gun owner/carrier I have on a few occasions used Mexican carry. Need to get out of the car and don't have my holster on me etc. But not for standard carry though.
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:48 — pinkobait
    She makes me physically ill.
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:31 — sixandseveneights
    She's trash.
    ... thank goodness then that the report was not transmitted Tue, 06/23/2009 - 01:57 — Tyler Durden
    in smell-o-vision....
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 19:53 — mikeyrstx
    Poor gun
    Wow! Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:12 — oh really
    That is one creepy human being.

It's pretty embarrassing to think that Norwegians are going to get such a close look at a patriotic Amurkin. Maybe they'll feel sorry for the rest of us, but I'm more inclined to think they'll just write the whole country off as a bunch of gun crazy, racist lunatics.

I don't speak Norwegian, but I almost certain the guy is saying: "This is Shawna Forde, a typical American housewife...."
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:40 — sixandseveneights
    You know that was the whole point of the documentary. Look at those freak show Amurikuns, and the dumb stupid bitch was too clueless to get it, continuing to run her mouth making the rest of us look like a bunch of white trash reactionary hillbillies. Ill bet those Norwegians looked at that documentary much the same way we would go to the Zoo and peer over a fence to watch a monkey scratch it's ass.

Just another conservative doing America proud!
    I speak Norwegian and he's not saying anything of the sort. Mon, 06/22/2009 - 22:00 — Alexdem
    He's quite neutral. I can't be bothered to translate the whole thing but he leads with "Every day thousands of people cross the border between Mexico and the USA as illegal immigrants. [..] In these tough areas of Arizona, they're not alone. "The Minutemen" are out to find them and send them back."

While it reflects badly on the USA, Norwegians are hardly that out-of-touch. (Perhaps you didn't notice that they didn't even bother to subtitle the English parts?)

The related article also mentions the group's connections to the extreme right and neo-nazis, something Norway isn't devoid of either. (Although a key difference would be that their neo-nazis aren't running around with guns, or 'protecting their border' as vigilantes)

Is it sensationalist? Damn straight - VG is a tabloid. Does it play to the stereotype of crazy, gun-toting Americans? Sure. But don't insult their intelligence - they know it's a stereotype, and they know it's not representative.
    The nuance lost in some Americans... Tue, 06/23/2009 - 01:44 — Tyler Durden
    ... seem to miss from these types of shows... it is not wether the Europeans consider this video to be the representative of the American society at large or not. What is mortifying for most Euros is that those people and their opinions... are tolerated in this society.
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:10 — Peabody
    She didn't "shove a gun down her pants". She used the Plexico Burris holster.
    Actually Tue, 06/23/2009 - 04:00 — Timjoebillybob
    her and Simcox could of had a holster. Something along the lines of this
    http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html
    or this
    http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/44_Belly+Ba...

You can't really tell if someone is wearing one without a up close and personal inspection. Of which I'd rather not do on either of them.
    I wonder how many truckloads full of drugs... Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:11 — Truth_Critic
    ...the guy has intercepted?
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:30 — sixandseveneights
    For himself?
    This entire thing was summed up... Mon, 06/22/2009 - 20:37 — bonsai pajamas
    ...by the man with the beard when he said, "It's crazy."
    Shawna Foreign Mon, 06/22/2009 - 21:23 — bilhelm-x
    Protecting us with big boobs and stupidity! Thank you Shawna, you're another "real American Zero"!
    Egads!! Mon, 06/22/2009 - 22:24 — Freddy Knuckles
    I hope somebody burned that gun!! I'm sure it's the only way to kill whatever nasty, creepy-crawlies someone like her is sure to have. Besides, the smell...ewww!
    If you've never lived within Mon, 06/22/2009 - 23:12 — politicky
    If you've never lived within 5 miles of the border give this one a rest. You may be a fine intellectual, but if you haven't lived it, you don't know shit.

I would love to hear from some people who actually live on the border.

Not those of you who think YOUR hispanic cleaning lady/janitor/maid/yard helper/construction worker/factory worker/hooker just can't be illegal, because they might be. Hey not that you really give a shit, they work cheap, not like those spoiled American workers.

Not those of you who think that YOUR pot or YOUR blow isn't hurting anyone.
    Mexico’s Drug Wars
    By Stabroek staff | June 13, 2009 in Editorial
    http://www.stabroeknews.com/2009/editorial/06...
    Wow, somebody has "A Few Good Men" on heavy rotation.... Tue, 06/23/2009 - 01:47 — Tyler Durden
    Hey Niewart Mon, 06/22/2009 - 23:20 — politicky
    There are some liberals in San Diego who don't hate the Minutemen, and I just love snarky remarks from people who never lived anywhere but the Northwest.

You don't live here you don't know.
    well Mon, 06/22/2009 - 23:43 — lordkoos
    Shawna probably keeps her gun there because that's the only below-the-belt action she can get.

*rimshot
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Tue, 06/23/2009 - 00:27 — Central Scrutinizer
    She's probably hoping it'll go off because it's the only bang she's ever gonna get, baby. *rimshot*
    Native Americans Tue, 06/23/2009 - 00:24 — VegasRage
    would have a riot with her. What a paranoid delusional loose screw.
    Re: A chilling Shawna Forde video: Patrolling with the border w Tue, 06/23/2009 - 02:47 — ruthsolis
    --== Cougars-ter.C-o-m ==-- Best Cougar dating site in the world!
    It's where cougars and younger men can meet(Cougar is the slang for woman who is mature, experienced and want to date with a younger man). No matter you are looking for a NSA or serious relationship, please do check it out! ^_^!!
    What can I say Tue, 06/23/2009 - 03:24 — project
    More proof that republicanism is a mental illness!
    It's pretty chilling, particularly when she describes their Tue, 06/23/2009 - 03:55 — Timjoebillybob
    activities in the desert.

That they identify possible illegals coming across the border, offer them aid, then report them to law enforcement. What is chilling about that?
    64 comments
    Login or Register to post comments.
    .Sister Sites

Embed This MediaShawna Forde patrols Arizona desert with gun down her pants

User loginUsername: *

Password: *

Remember me

Create new account
    Request new password

NavigationHome
    Archives
    Tags Directory
    Contact Us
    Donate
    FAQ
    AdvertisingCommentingGeneral ProblemsMedia ProblemsSupported BrowsersUser Registration

C&L In Your InboxEnter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blogrolldriftglass
    The Huffington Post
    Talk Left
    Down with tyranny
    truthdig
    Rising Hegemon
    AmericaBlog
    Eschaton
    PrairieWeather
    The Moderate Voice
    Daily Kos
    Bob Cesca
    bart cop
    Correntewire
    Firedoglake
    Brad DeLong
    left coaster
    echidne of the snakes
    Whiskey Fire
    democratic underground
    Lawyers, Guns & Money
    skippy the bush kangaroo
    The Reality-Based Community
    Average Bro
    Jesus General
    Balloon Juice
    UnqualifiedOfferings
    Raw Story
    Digby
    The Daily Background
    first-draft
    shakespearessister
    Petrelis Files
    pharyngula
    feministing
    Sadly, No!
    Glenn Greenwald
    The Talent Show
    NewsHoggers
    Mahablog
    Straight Talk McCain
    Majikthise
    Kung Fu Monkey
    Ed Cone
    One good move
    more

Crooks and Liars Premium
    An Excerpt From: The FenceIran Election Watchdog Stands By ResultsJudge orders Guantanamo detainee freedThe Algerian Experience for FranceTuesday Open ThreadVillaraigosa, the BackstoryThe MadhouseRead more...Advertise here
    Blogads
    Advertise hereAwards

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert ... o-patrolli

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Minuteman says he warned authorites of robbery plot

Published: Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Minuteman says he warned authorites of robbery plot

The man says he tipped authorities to Shawna Forde's alleged robbery plans

By Scott North
    © 2009 The Daily Herald Co.

EVERETT Â*-- People within the Minutemen movement warned authorities weeks ago that border-watch activist Shawna Forde was talking about robbing suspected drug traffickers, but law enforcement officials did not seem interested in the tip, says a source who claims he later helped detectives connect the Everett woman to a deadly home-invasion robbery in Arivaca, Ariz.

"I think this whole thing could have been avoided," said the man, a leader in the Colorado Minutemen group, which opposes illegal immigration from Mexico.

He spoke on the condition that his name not be published at this time. He expects his identity and his role in the case eventually will become public once first-degree murder charges against Forde work through the courts in Pima County, Ariz.

Deputy Dawn Barkman, public information officer for the Pima County Sheriff's Department, on Monday declined comment on the man's story.

The department's refusal to comment makes it impossible to verify all of the Minuteman's claims. Some details of his story, however, including previously unpublished information about Forde's arrest, have been substantiated.

The man also supplied e-mails that appear to have been sent to him by Forde, 41, in the days after the May 30 robbery and double killing in Arivaca.

"I'm in deep and now have targets on my head including big brother," reads a June 3 message sent from Forde's e-mail address. "I don't know who will take me out or set me up."

In a June 5 e-mail, Forde apparently writes about getting a tip that sheriff's detectives in Tucson were looking for her.

"So just for your eyes now the po po (police department) is inquiring," the message reads. "Let them."

Forde had run the Minutemen American Defense border-watch group. She and two others are charged with the shooting deaths of Raul Flores, 29, and his daughter, Brisenia, 9. The pair died May 30 and the girl's mother was wounded when intruders opened fire after forcing their way into the home by pretending to be law officers.

The Minuteman from Colorado said he and others were told by Forde that she was planning a home-invasion robbery in Arizona.

The man said he was contacted early this spring by Forde, who knew of him from his Minutemen activities. Although they had not met, he claims she asked if he would be interested in helping her rob people suspected of involvement in smuggling near the border.

The man said he didn't turn Forde down, but in April told law enforcement officials about her request. They showed little interest, he said, declining to identify the officials or their agency.

The man said he offered to assist in helping an undercover investigator infiltrate Forde's group to make arrests before a crime was committed. The man said his offer was declined.

Meanwhile, he said, Forde pressed to set up a meeting to discuss staging robberies. After consulting with others in his group, four of the team decided to attend. They planned to later secretly share what they learned with law officers, he said.

"She had no idea," he said of Forde.

Recounting a May 15 meeting with Forde near Denver, the man said the conversation initially was hypothetical, and there was an agreement that there would be no action for months.

But then, he said, "She starts bringing up Arivaca."

Forde allegedly told the group she "had a guy" in Arivaca who could not only identify drug traffickers for home invasions but also help sell any drugs seized, the man said.

Forde, who was open about needing cash, allegedly pressed for immediate action. She began contacting members of his Minutemen group directly, trying to recruit them, he said. She got no takers.

Within hours of the Arivaca killings, Forde contacted an Arizona-based associate of the man and asked him to bring sutures to patch up one of her crew who had been wounded. The Colorado Minuteman's contact did not go. Instead, Chuck Stonex, a New Mexico man who was a former member of Forde's group, has acknowledged binding a wound on the leg of Jason Eugene Bush, 34. Bush has since been charged along with Forde.

The Colorado Minuteman said he learned of the Arivaca killings when an associate sent him a newspaper article a few hours after the shootings. He said the article was sent by another Colorado Minuteman who said of Forde "she did it."

The man said he called the law enforcement officials who earlier had passed on focusing on Forde.

"They became very interested when I made a phone call and said 'Well, it happened,' '' he said.

In the days that followed, the man said he was interviewed by Pima County detectives and worked with investigators to try to get Forde on the phone or to send e-mail messages. Detectives were seeking Forde's whereabouts in part by tracking her cell phone use, he said.

"Minutemen are the people who put the kink in her tail," he said.

Forde was arrested near Sierra Vista, Ariz., by an FBI team that tracked her to the home of Glenn Spencer, president of American Border Patrol, a group that monitors border security using airplane surveillance, the man said.

Forde was arrested a short distance from Spencer's home.

Barkman from Pima County confirmed that FBI agents were involved in Forde's case because she was a fugitive.

Spencer on Monday said Forde had no affiliation with his group, although last year he had allowed Forde and her teenage daughter to live in an unused recreational vehicle on his property. Spencer broke ties with Forde over concerns about her behavior and judgment, he said.

"She was actually going to leave her daughter here," he said. "I ... was not happy with this person, and I did not want to affiliate with her any more."

On June 12, almost two weeks after the Arivaca killings, Spencer said Forde simply showed up at his house and was admitted by the woman who runs his office.

"I was on my computer working on our report and she showed up right behind me," he said.

Forde asked to use one of Spencer's rooms to send an e-mail from her laptop computer. He let her, and then she left.

"That's where I want to leave it," Spencer said.

Forde was arrested about a mile from Spencer's home when she drove up to an FBI road block.

She remained jailed in Tucson on Monday, held in lieu of $1 million bail.

Reporter Scott North: north@heraldnet.com

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/200906 ... bbery.plot
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Anti-immigration activist indicted in double murder

CloseStory Published: Jun 23, 2009 at 5:39 PM PDT

Story Updated: Jun 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM PDT

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Three people, including a Washington state woman, have been indicted in the rural southern Arizona murders of a 9-year-old girl and her father and her mother's wounding during a home invasion.
    A Pima County grand jury returned the indictment late Monday against Shawna Forde of Everett, Wash., Jason Bush of Meadview, Ariz., and Albert Robert Gaxiola of Arivaca, Ariz., charged in the killing of Brisenia Flores and her father Raul Flores and the wounding of Gina Marie Gonzales on May 30 in Arivaca.

Pima County Deputy Attorney Rick Unklesbay said Tuesday each defendant is charged with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of aggravated assault and one count of attempted first-degree murder, first-degree burglary, armed robbery and aggravated robbery.

The three will be arraigned next week.

The trio is alleged to have dressed as law enforcement officers and forced their way into a home about 10 miles north of the Mexican border in rural Arivaca. Their motive was financial, Sheriff Clarence Dupnik of Pima County said last week.

"The husband who was murdered has a history of being involved in narcotics and there was an anticipation that there would be a considerable amount of cash at this location as well as the possibility of drugs," Dupnik said.

A sheriff in Arizona has said the trio wanted to steal money to fund operations of Forde's Minutemen American Defense.

The Minutemen American Defense Web site, now taken down, had said Forde, who has been living recently in Arizona, is the group's leader and Bush goes by the nickname "Gunny" and is its operations director. She was once associated with the better known and larger Minuteman Civil Defense Corps.

Bush has also been charged with second-degree murder in Chelan County in the stabbing death of Hector Lopez Partida, a homeless man.

An informant told Wenatchee police that Bush bragged about killing "a Mexican" behind a store and that Bush had ties to white supremacist groups, according to court documents. Prosecutors say he was linked to the death through DNA evidence.

Police described Partida as a homeless man sleeping under a blanket behind a store in the early morning hours of July 24, 1997. After being stabbed seven times, he managed to walk to a nearby parking lot, then collapsed, court documents said.

Arriving officers asked Partida who had hurt him. He muttered the words: "Gavachos (white guys)." He died minutes later.

A bloodstained shirt was found nearby. In 2005, DNA extracted from the shirt matched Bush's, who had a lengthy criminal record in Washington and had served time in prison here.

The Minutemen American Defense Web site has been replaced by a statement attributed to officers of Forde's group. The message disassociates the group from Forde and Bush.

"MAD is not responsible for the independent actions or the private agenda by Shawna Forde and her cohorts that is not a part of MAD's normal operating procedures," the message read. "Shawna acted totally on her own person agenda and has caused a lot of pain embarrassment and humiliation to the total Minutemen movement and fellow members of MAD."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/48942736.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Report: Minutemen leader was involved with accused accomplic

Report: Minutemen leader was involved with accused accomplice

CloseStory Published: Jun 24, 2009 at 5:58 PM PDT

Story Updated: Jun 24, 2009 at 5:58 PM PDT
    By ARTHUR H. ROTSTEIN TUCSON, Ariz.

(AP) - Authorities released new details Wednesday about an Arizona home invasion that left a little girl and her father dead, with investigators saying a 12-gauge shotgun was found in a concealed compartment of a suspect's printer and he harbored members of an anti-illegal immigration group.
    Albert Robert Gaxiola, 42, told Pima County Sheriff's investigators that he let members of the Minutemen American Defense group stay at his house and he had a relationship with 41-year-old Shawna Forde, the leader of the border watch group accused of planning the attack to help fund her anti-immigrant operations.

Reports released Wednesday show investigators searched Gaxiola's house in Arivaca two days after the May 30 home invasion and found military-style gear and clothing. The report also said that a printer in Gaxiola's home had a concealed compartment in which a 12-gauge shotgun was found, with a spent shell in the chamber and seven more shells in the magazine.

"I observed numerous firearms, camouflage clothing and other military type gear being found," the detective said.

The robbery in the small community of Arivaca left 29-year-old Raul Junior Flores and his 9-year-old daughter, Brisenia, dead. Gina Gonzalez, the girl's mother and Flores' wife, was wounded.

Authorities arrested Gaxiola of Arivaca; Forde, of Everett, Wash., and Jason Eugene Bush, 34, of Meadview, Ariz., near the New Mexico border, in connection with the shooting.

Bush was arrested at a Kingman, Ariz., hospital undergoing treatment for a leg wound. The three were indicted this week by a county grand jury on charges including first-degree murder, aggravated assault and aggravated robbery.

After the shootings, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik described Flores as a suspected drug dealer.

Detectives began focusing on Gaxiola a day after the shootings and after a hospital interview with Gonzalez.

Gonzalez, 31, was shot three times and she shot and wounded Bush during the home invasion, authorities said.

She gave detectives information that helped tie Gaxiola to the shootings, according to the report.

She told Detective R.M. Svec that a man "who stuck his head into the residence did match the approximate height and weight of Albert. When she heard the man yell, she said, he sounded like Gaxiola.

She knew Gaxiola from living in Arivaca, she said, and he and her husband had a dispute last year because Gaxiola had allegedly stored marijuana on their property.

According to another incident report from Svec, Gaxiola told detectives a few hours after Gonzalez's interview that he had heard about the fatal shootings and the wounding of Gonzalez "but he had absolutely no knowledge of any participation in the incident." Gaxiola said he was in Tucson on May 30, according to the report.

Gaxiola told detectives that clothing and military-type webbing gear in a container in his home belonged to "a group of people whom he identified as Minute Men." The people had been staying in his home, he said.

Gaxiola denied owning any weapons, according to the report, and he told investigators that any weapons found in his home belonged to Forde's group.

A van Gonzalez described as suspicious and one she had seen drive past her home a few days before the attack also was parked in front of Gaxiola's home during the interview, Svec's report said. Gaxiola told authorities it belonged to the Minutemen group and Forde had driven it.

Gonzalez told detectives that the intruders wore camouflage clothing and told her and her family that they were law enforcement personnel looking for fugitives.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49046871.html

A few observations:

The Flores child was 10 years old.
    The Flores father and Gaxiola had a disagreement because Flores found out Gaxiola had drugs on the Flores property and turned Gaxiola in to the athorities. Other than some traffic violations, Flores has only one drug related offense and the was Marijuana and it was years ago.

I don't believe the Flores family is as involved in the drug trade as the Sheriff has stated. I believe Gaxiola wanted them dead and knew Bush and Shawna would help him take them out.

Her voice can be heard in the background on the 911 tape. Arizona is a death penalty state. They can even hang people here. I don't think Shawna will last too long behind bars and if she does, her and her cohorts should get the death penalty.

And in case you haven't seen it :

Full Disclosure about Shawna Forde

By Glenn Spencer -- American Border Patrol

June 22, 2009

About ten o’clock on the morning of June 12, I was at my computer working on the Operation B.E.E.F. final report when suddenly someone appeared behind me. It was Shawn Forde, the “Minuteman activist.â€

June 27, 2009
    New Border Fear: Militia Violence
    By JESSE McKINLEY and MALIA WOLLAN
    ARIVACA, Ariz. — “Somebody just came in and shot my daughter and my husband!â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The killings, last month, have terrified this small town near the Mexican border, in part because the authorities have now tied them to what they describe as a rogue group engaged in citizen border patrols.
    Manure

Just yesterday I heard of gunfire coming from Mexico that struk a workman's truck. Random gunfire from Mexico doesn't seem to bother anyone down there but then again, it's not being reported either.

Also, in the 911 tape, when asked about drugs in the house Gina Gonzalez said, not at this house. I would have said, we are not involved in drugs... They must own or were connected to another mobil home that the dope was moved through.

Drug trafficking and selling is a very dangerous business.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/298890

Tucson Region

Woman held in 2 slayings an outcast, activists say

But Shawna Forde had high-level contacts in Minuteman movement despite extreme views

By Tim Steller
    Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 06.28.2009

Shawna Forde was a rogue, many border-security activists say, or an impostor or a criminal.

They say the woman now charged in connection with the home invasion and shooting deaths of an Arivaca marijuana-trafficking suspect and his 9-year-old daughter was not really one of them.

But interviews with so-called Minutemen and their critics, as well as reviews of recently scrubbed Web sites, suggest Forde was well-placed in the border-security movement and represented a persistent radical wing.
    "Shawna Forde was very much a known entity in this movement and, to some degree and to different folks, tolerated for quite some time," said Brian Levin, director of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University-San Bernardino.

Forde has been charged with two counts of murder in the May 30 home-invasion killings, and with aggravated assault in the shooting of the pot-trafficking suspect's wife. Pima County sheriff's investigators allege Forde conceived of the killings and carried them out with co-defendants Jason E. Bush and Albert R. Gaxiola, in order to raise money for her small anti-illegal-immigration group, Minutemen American Defense, and other activities.

Forde and Bush were white supremacists, according to police reports in Washington state and Pima County and one of Forde's brothers. Since her arrest on June 12, Minuteman groups and their allies have distanced themselves from her.

Jim Gilchrist, founder of the Minuteman Project and an early leader of the movement, said last week that he donated $200 to a member of Forde's group, that he called Forde a few days after the murders as investigators closed in, and that his group removed postings by and about Forde from its Web site after the arrests. But he called Forde and her associates "rogues," and denied that he or his group had a formal relationship with her.

"They happened to use the Minuteman movement as a guise, as a mask," he said.

Glenn Spencer, founder of the American Border Patrol and another prominent figure in the anti-illegal-immigration movement, posted an Internet account of Forde's arrest titled "Full Disclosure About Shawna Forde." She was arrested minutes after leaving Spencer's house near Sierra Vista.

He said Forde had dropped in uninvited on June 12 and asked to use a room in the house, which doubles as American Border Patrol's offices, to write an e-mail, then left.

"Being a polite person, I spoke with her, even though last summer I told American Border Patrol employees that, due to her strange behavior, she was no longer welcome at the ranch," Spencer wrote. "This is an object lesson about understanding with whom you are dealing in the border volunteer effort."

But former American Border Patrol employee Michael Christie, who left the group in February, said radicals such as Forde were a persistent part of the movement.

"This movement attracts people who are desperate to be a part of something big," Christie said. "These are people who are discontented with their lives for one reason or another, who have probably tried to make a difference in other aspects of their lives and failed." Looking back
    Today's Minuteman movement was forming as early as last decade, when Roger Barnett began patrolling Cochise County ranch lands, looking for illegal immigrants.

But the movement took off in 2002 when then-Tombstone resident Chris Simcox printed a call to form a border-security militia in the Tumbleweed newspaper, which he owned.

Even while calling for armed citizen patrols of the border, Simcox warned of the danger of radicals joining up. "We want local people," he said in 2002. "We don't want the Rambos, the mercenaries and soldiers of fortune that some of these groups seem to be made up of."

When Simcox and Gilchrist organized an April 2005 patrol along the border in Cochise County, hundreds of everyday people came from around the country to join them. White supremacists also showed up, said Heidi Beirich, director of research for the Southern Poverty Law Center. "From the get-go, from 2005, that movement has been shot through by extremists," she said. "She was so assertive"

In 2007, Forde applied to join Simcox's group, Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, and was allowed in on a probationary basis, said group Vice President Al Garza and founder Simcox, who left the group this year to run for the U.S. Senate. The group vetted her through interviews and a background check, members said.

"Within a few weeks, she was so assertive, wanting to take charge and wanting to be a spokesperson," Simcox said.

"She lasted less than six months. After that, she went and tried other groups," he said. "She thrust herself into the movement where no one else wanted her." "It's a hodgepodge of folks"

The world she entered is a set of individuals and groups, many using the word "Minuteman" in their name, many harboring hostilities with each other. They share an interest in stopping illegal immigration.

"It's a hodgepodge of folks, including some real decent people of good will who are not racist, who are for strict immigration laws and border enforcement," said Cal State's Levin. "However, peppered in there are some unstable folks; peppered in there are some racists."

Garza and others noted, though, that the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps and other groups have rules in place forbidding racism in their organizations, and that their vetting is intended to catch white supremacists. They also note that the whole movement has had few negative incidents during its many patrols and has helped hundreds of border-crossers in trouble.

Still, Forde showed up wherever she could find border-security hard-liners.
    She came to Spencer's Sierra Vista-area ranch, from which the American Border Patrol conducts high-tech border surveillance, at least a half-dozen times, Christie said. (Spencer said she came a maximum of three times.)

"She would use it as a place to stay when she would go out and scout the border," he said.

Last summer, she stayed for a week, Spencer said. He said he decided to keep her away after she asked if her teenage daughter could stay and work at the ranch, which he found inappropriate.

In August 2008, Forde showed up uninvited at Camp Vigilance, used by the Minuteman Corps of California and the private group Border Patrol Auxiliary as a base for patrols, said member Carl Braun. She was ejected after 40 minutes.

Last October, she showed up at a camp near Three Points where the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps had a group, Simcox said. There, too, she was ejected not long after arriving, he said.

That same month, Chuck Stonex met Forde for the first time at a border operation near Three Points, he said. "She said she was trying to infiltrate the cartel in Arivaca," said Stonex, of Alamogordo, N.M.

On May 30, Stonex said, he was in Arizona to attend a barbecue at Spencer's home when Forde called him asking for medical supplies because a colleague, Bush, had been shot during a patrol. Stonex drove to Arivaca and helped clean and bandage Bush's wound, which he says was minor. Forming an association

As Forde made forays into other groups, she formed an association with Gilchrist, the founder of the Minuteman Project. She posted reports from the border on his Web site, and they defended each other publicly from critics.

In July 2008, Forde wrote about Gilchrist, identifying herself as "Operations Director For The Project," and saying, "The Project has worked closely with MAD (Minutemen American Defense) for several years now."

On Feb. 23, the day after Forde's hometown newspaper, the Everett (Wash.) Herald, published an exposé of Forde's background, Gilchrist defended her in an Internet posting.

"In my experience with Ms. Forde I conclude that she is no whiner. She is a stoic struggler who has chosen to put country, community, and a yearning for a civilized society ahead of avarice and self-glorifying ego."
    "The Minuteman Project is proud to be a supporter of Shawna Forde's Minutemen (women) American Defense (M.A.D.)"

On June 2, three days after the murders, Gilchrist received an e-mail from a Southern Arizona associate who had been visited by investigators looking for Forde. Gilchrist forwarded the e-mail to Forde, he said.

He said he called her and asked if there was a warrant for her arrest. She said no.

But after roaming Southern Arizona for another nine or so days, she was picked up outside Spencer's home.

Contact reporter Tim Steller at tsteller@azstarnet.com or 807-8427.

Latest article about Gilchrist and Spencer and Shawna Forde added to the homepage with note...

ALIPAC NOTE: We warned the nation and all group leaders, including Spencer and Gilchrist, about Shawna Forde many months before these murders. It is truly unfortunate that Gilchrist and others continued to offer Shawna support and aid long after all other groups and leaders in the movement did our best to isolate her. These latest articles show us that Gilchrist and Spencer assisted Shawna Forde after the date of the murders. If Jim Gilchrist and Glen Spencer had listened to the rest of the movement after Shawna Forde and Jim Gilchrist tried to circulate fake rape and beating pictures of Shawna, it would have been clear to Forde that she had no reason to be on Spencer's property or in regular phone and email contact with Jim Gilchrist (Co-Founder of Minuteman Project). These men continued to associate with Shawna Forde long after it became very clear to the vast majority of leaders in our movement that she was unstable and dangerous. Gilchrist and Spencer gave assistance to Shawna Forde long after an organized effort of multiple groups such as Save Our State, San Diego Minutemen, and ALIPAC were launched to warn the movement as well as quarantine and isolate Gilchrist and Forde.

http://www.alipac.us/article-4340-thread-1-0.html

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast