Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I e-mailed Frist today. Will devote tomorrow to phone calls.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Called as soon as possible when I got the message this morning. Called Wyden and Smiths offices and Frists.

I tried the toll free number and decided to just call their direct lines. I was on hold the longest with Smith and Frist, a little less with Wydens office.

After Smiths people answered I nicely, but firmly made my statement and in the background I could hear phones going nuts, people being put on hold, and people talking like crazy.

Wydens office had similar background noises (see I am a mother of three kids and 9 nieces and nephews, so my hearing is excellent).

Frists office seemed better manned for the calls, but still busy.

I forwarded this request for calls to everyone I know to call their reps., and Frist.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know the Congress takes it easy on Friday but let's keep the heat up on Friday before we rest on the weekend and reignite on Monday.
    I will be leaving in a few minutes to get all the days errands out of the way so I can spend as much time as possible "working" on this mess.

I'm making a sticky out of this thread.

The phone lines are hot and calls are coming in every 15 minutes.

Frist has really stepped in it with this.

A nerve has been touched. America is responding!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush Back On TV

I just heard over the radio that Bush will give a major address on "immigration" Monday night. This has got to be in response to our phone calling, faxing and emailing, I'm convinced of it . . . the corporate lobby feels our heat and is trotting out its biggest gun. But I'm counting on that gun to misfire! Just let ol' Smirkface drop that same line about illegals "doing jobs that Americans won't do," and he will stir up the populace like a hornet's nest against the amnesty bill. He'll do much of our work for us!

BTW, I just got an email from National Public Radio. It's the first indication I've had that they even read my complaints about their slanted immigration coverage. Here's what their message says:

Thank you for contacting NPR's Talk of the Nation.

I regret that our programming has not met your expectations. We strive to
    offer the highest quality of news and information available. Listener
    feedback helps us to accomplish this goal.

We welcome praise, as well as criticism, and your thoughts will be taken
    into consideration.

Thank you for listening to Talk of the Nation, and for your continued
    support of public broadcasting. For the latest news and information, visit
    NPR.org.

Sincerely,

Kris
    NPR Services
    202-513-3232

That was a polite way of saying we do not care. Will watch the president on Monday as long as I can without throwing up. It makes me want to jump into the TV and [mod edit]when every time I hear him say jobs americans won't do. Let us see what he will spew on Monday as they are surely going to try to jam this down our throat no matter what we do. We have to stand as one and say "not this time ***holes"
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I finally got through to Frist and McCain offices earlier today.

I was put on hold at Frists office for what seemed like five minutes. I hung up, called back to try to leave a voice mail message and it said the mail box was full. So, I called back again to speak with a person, was put on hold for a while again before finally being able to leave a message.

There was a long holding time with McCain's office too, and right away they put me through to a voice mail where I left a message.

I tried calling Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton and never got through. I let the phone ring for a long time before hanging up. Nobody answered.

Also called my two senators as well as several others in different states.

Just about every office I called had hold times.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

If Only . . .

It makes me want to jump into the TV and knock him out when every time I hear him say jobs americans won't do.
    George W. Bush doesn't have to be talking about immigration for me to want to do that.

Couldn't get through on the phone will try very late tonight sent e-mails to both of them. Told them that if amnesty is granted get used to hearing Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.

I'm in Conroe, Tx. I wish I had a group to go to the courthouse with!! I can not find anyone in my town who is willing to protest with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I Faxed Frist and got thru without any resistance.

When I contact the congressmen's offices I'm giving them my voter's Cert. number (the have access to that info anyway) it's located in the top corner of my Voter's Registration Certificate aka Card. I'm letting them know that I'm a voter and I represent a house with 6 other voters, wich I have a stong influence over and they are in agreement with me.

I let them know that I will vote them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, my group is going to the courthouse tonigh with flags in hand!
    We are MAD!!

Dixie
    We the People. You the Invader

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast