Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schwarzenegger Don't blame state budget deficit on illegal

Schwarzenegger : Illegal aliens not cause of California's budget woes
    By Kevin Yamamura
    Sacramento Bee

SACRAMENTO — Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday disputed claims that illegal immigrants caused California's $24.3 billion deficit, while he praised their economic contributions and said he is "happy" they have access to services.

The Republican governor, answering wide-ranging questions from The Bee's editorial board and its readers, also vented about roadblocks to his authority posed by political foes and warned that government can't sustain the current level of "unbelievable benefits" for public-sector workers.

In response to dozens of questions from readers who say the state ought to wipe out the deficit by eliminating services for illegal immigrants, the governor said it is a "myth" that those immigrants are to blame.

He said the cost of services to illegal immigrants, which has been estimated at $4 billion to $5 billion annually, is a "small percentage" of the deficit California faces.

"Yes, it is something that ought to be dealt with, but the fact of the matter is, I think it's an easy scapegoat for people to point the finger and say, 'Our budget is out of whack because of illegal immigrants.' "

"It's not," he added. "Our budget is out of whack because we have self-inflicted wounds that the Legislature and this state has never really sat down and had the will to go and make the necessary changes that have to be made."

The governor noted that the federal government requires California to provide emergency health care and education to illegal immigrants. Schwarzenegger in 2006 renounced his 1994 vote for Proposition 187, the initiative to block most services for illegal immigrants, which courts deemed unconstitutional.

"You know something, as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy that they can get the services," he said Friday. "Because I would like to have the services if I'm somewhere in another country … if I have an accident with a motorcycle and I go to an emergency room, I don't want someone to say, is he here legally?"

Read the full story at sacbee.com

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politic ... 84527.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He failed to mention they also contribute to the majority of crime, high school drop outs,poor performing schools (all levels) overcrowded schools and hospitals, graffitt, blight, shoppng carts left in street, large populations in jails, uninsured motorists, unlicensed pets, dogs etc etc.

Puke. I can't even get through it all. I am ready to write California off. It's a total lost cause. I want out. Hate it here anymore....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Me too sickandtiredin socal!!!!!!!! What really really angers me is this. Even if they are good people, they have so many babies. That in itself is just mean. They expect taxpayers to raise their kids. I am a native southern californian and this state has really really gone down hill. Its just a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    Me too sickandtiredin socal!!!!!!!! What really really angers me is this. Even if they are good people, they have so many babies. That in itself is just mean. They expect taxpayers to raise their kids. I am a native southern californian and this state has really really gone down hill. Its just a shame.
    Im a native too of CA. This place was so wonderful to grow up in. Now, it just sucks. I don't even like going out anywhere anymore.

This is not the first time Arnie has told us not to blame them. He obviously thinks it or wants us to, but the numbers don't lie....

It's not," he added. "Our budget is out of whack because we have self-inflicted wounds that the Legislature and this state has never really sat down and had the will to go and make the necessary changes that have to be made."

Yes, you freaking moron......you are suffering from self inflicted wounds.

The flipping self inflicted wounds wrought by allowing your government structure, at all levels, to be taken over by those working in the best interests of Mexico and Mexican illegal aliens who have OVERWHELMED California because of it's status as a defacto Mexican state.

And now you are a FAILED, Third World, defacto Mexican state sitting in your own sh.. ....raw sewage.

Deal with it you freak. I could care less if CA falls off the map at this point because you're getting exactly what you deserve and I don't want one red cent of American tax payer money going to bail your asses out.

Pathetic.......absolutely pathetic.

Naturalized and would love to be President... Don't be fooled McCain and Obama have damaged becoming President enough for another 200 years.

Why can't he and other rich owners of California bailout their state? There is nothing for Americans except more illegals coming from that state.

You can email the Gov at this link:

http://gov.ca.gov/interact

I think we need to let him know exactly what we think of him.

If he loves paying for foreigners who break our federal laws, then I think he should pay for them out of his pocket.

CA voters voted for Prop 187 and said loud and clear that they did NOT want to pay for foreigners services and that instead the Home country that they came from should be held accountable for their citizens and their citizens actions against the state.

EMAIL the Gov NOW!!!!

He really needs to go!

Don't leave California; just fight to get rid of this governator. He is "happy" that taxpayers are on the hook to mollycoddle illegals while legals (residents and citizens) are losing jobs left and right, but still have to pay for the wonderful services the illegals have no means or no intention to ever repay.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday disputed claims that illegal immigrants caused California's $24.3 billion deficit, while he praised their economic contributions and said he is "happy" they have access to services.
    What a MORON! Arnie's attitude is why California is so broke. Illegal aliens are taking advantage of every freebie thay can get, and they dont give anything back! If they do work, they send it all back to Mexico or other country they are from.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast