Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Puke. I can't even get through it all. I am ready to write California off. It's a total lost cause. I want out. Hate it here anymore....

Can you believe that idiot!
    "he praised their economic contributions and said he is "happy" they have access to services."
    CA deserves NO MONEY from the government until they oust that idiot.
    He was illegally here himself in the beginning so there is no way he will make them leave.
    He is a certified LOSER!
    Perhaps if his family member was killed by a drunk illegal or he was beaten up in an alley
    and robbedby an illegal he would do something about it.

Arnold deserves the predicament CA is in.
    I say impeach him, stand up and fight to have the budget balanced and include NO SERVICES to illegals...
    Get organised and get him out!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I think the steroids didn't just shrink his balls, but it shrank his ignorant brain too!
    Does he know he is a half-witted, beer-bellied, butt faced baffoon?
    Maybe him and Obama could go live on an island and leave America alone.
    Hopefully all legal immigrants aren't this much in denial about illegals.
    Because of Arnold I think they should change the law that immigrants cannot govern
    states or hold any elected office.
    These two have no respect for America.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Is that so Arnie? Then don't be demanding the feds pay for jailing them. Don't demand the feds pay for their hospital bills, education, free lunches, etc. YOU want em, YOU support them financially, leave the rest of the country alone!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

ICE and the jails only for ILLEGALS Fraud equals illegal aliens, Arnold. The migrate farm workers don't stay on the farms in California. They have and are stealing Americans JOBS!

E-Verify everyone and fix 14th Amendment concerning no US PARENT - no AMERICAN BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He has only lived in mansions (as he got older and richer) and married to a Kennedy. When you live in Pacific Palisades, Governor mansions, Caped Cod mansions of course they're ignorant. They just don't live in the real world of illegal aliens. In fact the only hispanics the Kenndy clan has ever known are the hired help.

Illegal hired help Did they E-Verify

Schwarzenegger: Don't blame state budget deficit on illegal

Schwarzenegger: Don't blame state budget deficit on illegal immigrants
    ShareThisBy Kevin Yamamura
    kyamamura@sacbee.com

Videos of the interview are at the link after the article.

Published: Saturday, Jun. 6, 2009 - 12:00 am | Page 1A
    Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Friday disputed claims that illegal immigrants caused California's $24.3 billion deficit, while he praised their economic contributions and said he is "happy" they have access to services.

The Republican governor, answering wide-ranging questions from The Bee's editorial board and its readers, also vented about roadblocks to his authority posed by political foes and warned that government can't sustain the current level of "unbelievable benefits" for public-sector workers.

In response to dozens of questions from readers who say the state ought to wipe out the deficit by eliminating services for illegal immigrants, the governor said it is a "myth" that those immigrants are to blame.

He said the cost of services to illegal immigrants, which has been estimated at $4 billion to $5 billion annually, is a "small percentage" of the deficit California faces.

"Yes, it is something that ought to be dealt with, but the fact of the matter is, I think it's an easy scapegoat for people to point the finger and say, 'Our budget is out of whack because of illegal immigrants.' "

"It's not," he added. "Our budget is out of whack because we have self-inflicted wounds that the Legislature and this state has never really sat down and had the will to go and make the necessary changes that have to be made."

The governor noted that the federal government requires California to provide emergency health care and education to illegal immigrants. Schwarzenegger in 2006 renounced his 1994 vote for Proposition 187, the initiative to block most services for illegal immigrants, which courts deemed unconstitutional.

"You know something, as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy that they can get the services," he said Friday. "Because I would like to have the services if I'm somewhere in another country … if I have an accident with a motorcycle and I go to an emergency room, I don't want someone to say, is he here legally?"

Schwarzenegger also highlighted the economic contributions of illegal immigrants.

"Everything we eat today is picked and created by undocumented immigrants, to a large extent," he said. "And every time we go to a restaurant and every time we go and move into a building, a lot of those buildings are built by undocumented immigrants' hands."

Schwarzenegger has two budget proposals that affect immigrants. He proposed asking the federal government to deport up to 8,000 illegal immigrants in state prisons to save $182 million. He also wants to save $120 million by eliminating benefits for newly legal low-income immigrants who do not yet qualify for federal assistance.

The governor has said he believes the United States should enforce tougher border controls, and he has advocated for immigration changes such as a guest worker program.

A Federation for American Immigration Reform study released in 2004 said illegal immigrants cost the state $9 billion annually, including $7.7 billion on education. But University of Southern California demographer Dowell Myers has disputed that number and said it is difficult to quantify the full economic impact of illegal immigrants...

...Sen. Gil Cedillo, D-Los Angeles, praised the governor for saying immigrants are not to blame.

"Our economy is very, very dependent on the immigrant work force," he said. "They're a very disciplined, very stable, very productive work force. Our economy would collapse without them."

Facing a $24.3 billion deficit after signing a $92 billion spending plan in February, the Republican governor accepted some blame for what has transpired since he was elected on the promise of fiscal rescue.

But he said the world's economic meltdown and the state's unbalanced tax system are largely responsible. He also said he has been unable to overcome the state's governance problems despite trying to use his celebrity status and bully pulpit to convince voters.

"It's not like it's a one-man show where I can make all the decisions," Schwarzenegger said.

Asked whether California could survive with a part-time Legislature, Schwarzenegger said he's sure it could. "If Texas can be governed by a part-time Legislature, so can California." Though he said full-time status is not the problem, he noted it could force lawmakers to focus on serious work rather than "creating a blueberry commission and all those kind of things."

The governor said the state's tax structure, which depends on income and capital gains taxes, is too volatile. He invited a bipartisan commission reviewing the state's tax system to propose something as "radical" as a 15 percent flat tax.

Schwarzenegger said he wished the state's independently elected constitutional officers were instead Cabinet-level positions under the governor's authority.

He said those leaders should be more unified, like "a sports team, let's say the Lakers right now. You would not go and see everyone running off in their own direction and attacking their own people and all of those things. You couldn't win. The only way you can win is if everyone protects everyone, and they can pass off the ball without looking."

Schwarzenegger said he doesn't have a problem with state workers making $63,815 in average base pay, but he does not think the "unbelievable benefits," such as pensions and health care, are sustainable.

"I think that it doesn't bother me as much that a state worker makes $60,000," Schwarzenegger said. "What bothers me more is when you have those unbelievable benefits that cost the state an enormous amount of money on top of that. So at one point or the other, something has to give."

He already has required state workers to take twice monthly furloughs. Last month, he began laying off 5,000 general fund employees and asked the Legislature to cut state worker salaries by 5 percent. Altogether, the salary cut and furloughs would reduce state worker pay by 14.2 percent.

Call Kevin Yamamura, Bee Capitol Bureau, (916) 326-5548.

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1923957.html

I cannot understand how a body-building movie star whose father in Austria was apparently a Nazi-party loyalist can possibly understand simple arithmetic: you put too many illegal workers into a confined area, give them everything free while they spend as little as they can to be able to ship money out of the country. And who is paying for the largesse? The workers that are taxpayers is a hint, Ahnie.

Terminator Terminally STUPID!

What a big fat LOSER, and parasite he himself is. Reading his little diatribe made me want to puke. While he wallows in his own ___, the good hard working people of CA get the shaft by this disgusting hood posing as a "leader". CA was desperate or he would have never been elected but now that the big moron has blown his cover, he needs to be removed from office immediately!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast