Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Face it Patriots; we won this battle because LOU DOBBS kept the issue in the face of America for weeks on end.

I don’t know of any other mainstream media personality who has taken on the issue of ILLEGAL aliens with the same integrity, ethics, honesty and commitment to reporting the truth as Lou Dobbs has.
    — One Old Veteran

NY Governor Said to Abandon License Plan
    By DEVLIN BARRETT

WASHINGTON — New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer has decided to abandon a plan to issue driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants, officials familiar with the decision told The Associated Press Tuesday night.

The governor is due to meet Wednesday morning with New York’s congressional delegation, many of whom openly oppose the program. Debate over the issue also has spilled into New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s presidential campaign.

The governor’s office signaled to New York lawmakers Tuesday that Spitzer will say at the meeting that he is shelving the plan and that immigration is a federal issue to be handled by Washington, according to congressional aides who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because no formal announcement had been made.

Last month, Spitzer sought to salvage the license effort by striking a deal with the Department of Homeland Security to create three distinct types of state driver’s licenses: one “enhancedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Opposition to the proposal sent his poll numbers plunging
    Let this be another lesson to the OBL. The American people are waking up and do NOT want and will NOT accept amnesty in any form!
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! This is great news and the VOICE of the American People was heard. This is what happens when PATRIOTS ROAR!!!!

VICTORIOUS AGAIN!!!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Eliot Spitzer drops driver's licenses for illegal aliens

Presumably not wanting to join Hillary's List, New York governor Eliot Spitzer will announce tomorrow that he's shelving his unpopular plan to give driver's licenses to illegal aliens (link):

The governor's office signaled to New York lawmakers Tuesday that the morning of the meeting, he will say he is shelving the plan and that immigration is a federal issue to be handled by Washington, according to congressional aides who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because no formal announcement had been made.

I'd say it worked out quite well: he not only made immigration a factor in the presidential race, he damaged both Hillary Clinton's chances and his political career.
    http://lonewacko.com/blog/archives/007231.html

Prince "Spitzers" plan goes up in flames!!

Americans are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!!

Cheers Americans you did it again!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WOOHOO!

WOOHOO! He finally listens to the people of New York after so much opposition. Must've really wanted to be re-elected. I'm glad but untill its a done deal I'll feel a lot better. All those that called in; thank you for saving the State of New York.

AlL-PAC i'm so glad your around! :P

I AM very glad to see this news. Recently I got an alert that Illinois was thinking of bringing back a bill that would give illegal aliens driving certificates. They tried to bring it out last year but got much opposition from constituents. Surely they are watching what happened in New York and won't try it again?! Then again I'm talking about sanctuary state Illinois -stay tuned!!

Spitzer set to withdraw license plan
    Focus of immigration issue shifts to federal role in ’09
    By Tom Precious - NEWS ALBANY BUREAU
    Updated: 11/14/07 7:06 AM

ALBANY — After weeks of mounting criticism on an issue that even found its way into the presidential campaign, Gov. Eliot L. Spitzer this morning will back away from his controversial plan to let illegal immigrants obtain New York driver’s licenses.

The governor will use a meeting with New York’s congressional delegation to say that the immigration issue is a matter for the federal government and that he will delay any further move with his license policy until after the 2008 presidential election, well-placed sources told The Buffalo News on Tuesday.

Spitzer, who is taking a beating in the polls because of his policy, will likely again bash the Bush administration for ignoring the issue of illegal immigration and urge that the next president take up the matter in 2009, sources said.

The governor’s abandonment of the policy was inevitable, say many Republicans and Democrats who have seen the Spitzer administration’s agenda grind to a halt over the license policy and other problems. Christine Anderson, a Spitzer spokeswoman, declined to comment.

But one source said the delay in the licensing plan will occur while the state “waits until Washington gets serious about this issue.â€

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Well, now Hillary won't have to be asked about it in future debates will she?

Thank you everyone for putting on the pressure, especially New Yorkers!
    and thats exactly why Spitzer dropped it because it costing the Dem's too much to confront this issue. As a New Yorker i would like to thank W and all my fellow ALIPACer's for helping to defeat this horrible idea from our Disfunctional Governor, you guys are the best
    Co-sign.

The only thing I'll enjoy more is watching this putz get ejected from Albany.

One site that's probably not going to get a lot of traffic-I surmise-in the following year:

http://www.spitzer2010.com/
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast