Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tom Hayden's Ridiculous Hit Piece on ALIPAC and Jessy Kelly

ALIPAC NOTE: Americans for Legal Immigration PAC is a multi racial national organization that has no ties or affiliations with racist groups whatsoever. Tom Hayden is spreading lies that increase the vitriol and risks of violence in American politics and should be rebuked for doing so.

The Right and the Shooting in Tucson
    user-pic
    By Tom Hayden - January 10, 2011, 6:23PM

It appears that Arizona is ground zero in a right-wing war against the democratic process.

Rep. Giffords was on Sarah Palin's "target list" of twenty 2010 incumbents, a list which featured a graphic showing the crosshairs of a gun. Giffords' office was was one of those vandalized by the right-wing in March 2009 in a protest against national health care bill. [Judge John Roll, killed in the incident, also was subject to significant threats due to his positions on immigration.]

As recently as June 12, 2010, leaflets appeared in Giffords' district proclaiming: "Get on Target" and help remove Gabrielle Giffords, "Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly."

Jesse Kelly is a Marine veteran, and right-wing Republican who lost to Gifford November 4, by 48.8%-47%. Kelly was strongly supported by the Tea Party.

Salon.com named Kelly the Number 1 "most terrifying candidate" in the 2010 Congressional elections. He was criticized for taking funds and support from Americans for Legal Immigration [ALIPAC], an anti-immigrant group once denounced by Sen. John McCain's office as "white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and anti-semites." [The Hill, campaign blog, Oct. 26, 2010]. The Anti-Defamation League shared McCain's office view of ALIPAC.

Kelly's campaign site favored 10,000 US troops being sent to the Arizona-Mexico border "in an active enforcement mode." Gifford supported the president's overall immigration reform legislation.

The anti-Gifford campaign generated a climate infected by hate and violent rhetoric. But who pulled the trigger? Little has been released about Jared Lee Loughner, but at first look he seems to fit the profile of an individual prone to far-right rhetoric. Here is an apparent excerpt from Loughner's diary:

You don't have to accept the federalist laws.

Nonetheless, read the United States of America's Constitution to apprehend all of the current treasonous laws.

You're literate, listener?

If the property owners and government officials are no longer in ownership of their land and laws from a revolution then the revolutionary's from the revolution are in control of the land and laws.

The property owners and government officials are no longer in ownership of their land and laws from a revolution. Thus, the revolutionary's from the revolution are in control of the land and laws.

In conclusion, reading the second United States Constitution, I can't trust the current government because of the ratifications: The government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar.

No! I won't pay debt with a currency that's not backed by gold and silver!
    On the evidence so far, this is not a case of an "isolated psychopath." Nor can Sarah Palin and the Tea Party excuse themselves from responsibility by expressing best wishes for Giffords' recovery. There is a connection between the politics of vitriolic hate, symbolized by crosshairs and calls to "lock and load" or "shoot an automatic M16", and the outcome in Tucson Saturday morning.

http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/20 ... in_tucson/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is a problem of the internet's invention of bloggers and content sources that people now accept as factual news sources. Any idiot with a computer can become a "news source" in this copy/paste world of bloggers just looking for snippets to support their personal opinions. No need to fact check, just find the juiciest comment (true or not), and slap it in your blog to make your position look good.

The Anti-Defamation League supports John McCain's defamation. What bs.

Ton Hayden is still part of the "group".

[quote]Thomas Hayden is a California based veteran of the "progressive" movement. Hayden was one of the "Chicago Seven" of the Weather Underground Organization in the 1960s and 70s.[1]

The "Chicago Seven," tryptichally photographed by Richard Avedon, Sept. 25, 1969. L-R: Lee Weiner, John Froines, Abbie Hoffman, Rennie Davis, Jerry Rubin, Tom Hayden, and David DellingerHe now teaches at the Claremont Colleges and is the author of numerous books, including Reunion: A Memoir.

Exerpt:
    [quote]Weathermen Flint "War Council"
    December 27-31, 1969, about 400 of the national membership of the Weatherman faction of Students for a Democratic Society held a “War Councilâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"giant cardboard machinegun, Ho Chi Minh, Che Guevera, and Fidel Castro hung everywhere. "

That says it all doesn't it? This guy Hayden appears to be a communist in favor of violent revolution against America.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Tom Heyden is and always has been a raving loon

I wonder how closely Hayden examined his own blog hits for evidence that Jared Lee Loughner perhaps was visiting to study his (Hayden's) philosophy and musings? After all, didn't Hayden make his mark on society by promoting the rejection of American politics and the overthrow of government?

Sounds like Hayden and his readers are a more likely group of inspirational dissidents for Loughner types to migrate towards.

Los Angeles mayoral election, 1997 Los Angeles
    April 8, 1997
    Candidate Richard Riordan Tom Hayden
    Party Republican Democratic
    Popular vote 250,771 140,648
    Percentage 61.49 34.49%
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and anti-semites
    Honestly I had to laugh when I read that part.

Talk about BASHING people. I guess when you disagree with people today you are one of those things and even a racist. Welcome to the new world order. Labeled and catergorized
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by duece212
    This is a problem of the internet's invention of bloggers and content sources that people now accept as factual news sources. Any idiot with a computer can become a "news source" in this copy/paste world of bloggers just looking for snippets to support their personal opinions. No need to fact check, just find the juiciest comment (true or not), and slap it in your blog to make your position look good.
    You are right. Guess we will not have to worry about that if the government gets their way and starts limiting access to the internet
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast