Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Trump Plans 'Potential Pathway to Citizenship' for Foreign H-1B Workers John Binder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

People who don't like the H1B visa program should write their Congresscritter and ask them to repeal the law that provides for this and many other visa programs we may not need. A President can't change the law, only the rules and regulations that govern it and only then to some extent.

I have less problem with the visa programs than I do with the Green Card program that allows over 1 million permanent residents a year into the country many of whom have no jobs, no businesses, no education, no skills, no English, but 12 kids and 30 other family members they want to sponsor. who have no jobs, no businesses, no education, no skills, no English, but 12 kids and 30 other family members they want to sponsor and the chain goes on and on and on pulling us down into the mud of excess population, poverty and ideas and cultures that don't mix with ours.

It's immigration math and apparently some people are having problems figuring out what is to our advantage and what isn't.

SAD!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    More foreign labor won't be the result of what Trump is doing, it will be less. John Binder got it wrong. He read a tweet but didn't understand what it said.
    Judy, I like you, but you need to face reality. Trump is selling us down the river. He is betraying us, the people who voted for him. I used to be angry at democrats for trying to impeach him, but now I don't care if they do. I don't know how much better Pence is, but maybe we'd have a better chance with him taking over. Hell, maybe him getting impeached might save our ass from the amnesty and DACA treason he is talking about implementing.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Million Dollar Man View Post
    Judy, I like you, but you need to face reality. Trump is selling us down the river. He is betraying us, the people who voted for him. I used to be angry at democrats for trying to impeach him, but now I don't care if they do. I don't know how much better Pence is, but maybe we'd have a better chance with him taking over. Hell, maybe him getting impeached might save our ass from the amnesty and DACA treason he is talking about implementing.
    I like you too Six Million Dollar Man. And that, my friend, is all I'm going to say about that. Results don't lie. You'll see.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I forgot to mention the other advantage of what Trump is doing. The more quickly H1B workers already here for years, self-sustaining, middle income or above income earners move to green card status, the more green cards that are used up with people who are already here supporting themselves without welfare, and the less overall new immigration especially uneducated poverty ridden welfare sucking chain migration associated with the green card program, so he's cutting legal immigration in two ways, reducing green card migration as well as reducing use of the H1B program. This was all in his campaign documents, it was in the DACA deal which failed, so this is simply moving the ball forward through regulatory changes instead of by act of Congress which Congress isn't able to do, because Republicans don't have enough seats to get the votes to pass a bill to fix anything with our immigration system.

Are you dizzy yet from all this spinning?
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

LOL!! Is that what you think it is? The truth about Trump's long planned changes to the H1B, other types of visas and Green Card programs that were in his campaign materials, in the Goodlatte and Grassley bills, is in his new regulations because the Goodlatte and Grassley bills failed to pass is .... spinning? Wow.

Next time study up on your candidate. Trump wants to get rid of the H1B program and most other stupid visas and convert the Green Card program to a merit-based immigration system that brings these qualified, skilled, capable, self-sufficient people into the United States to fill certain needs and voids at American wages subject to all American labor laws without tax benefits, without exceptions to labor laws, without deflated wages, without welfare, without subsidy, without chain migration, and with dramatic reductions in the total numbers.

He was very clear about all of that if you knew or understood what he was talking about.

Promises Made. Promises Kept.

TRUMP! HELPING AMERICANS FIX OUR COUNTRY!!

Last edited by Judy; 01-13-2019 at 02:51 AM.

The H1B visa allows companies to bring in cheap foreign labor.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...a_holders.html
    Last edited by patbrunz; 01-13-2019 at 03:01 AM.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz View Post
    The H1B visa allows companies to bring in cheap foreign labor.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...a_holders.html
    Yes, as it is now, that is what it is and does, but once they become Green Card holders, companies don't have the same leverage to underpay them and the less attractive the program is to employers if they were hiring these foreign workers to save money.

Not all companies abuse the H1B program, but a lot do.

You'll see what he's doing when the regulation comes out. He would prefer to increase the number of H1B's and eliminate chain migration under the Green Card rules. That maneuver whenever he can do it would reduce Green Card immigration by almost 800,000 while only increasing H1B's by 5,000. So the net reduction in legal immigration just from those 2 changes would be around 78,000 permanent immigrants a year. That is a huge reduction if he can make it all work through regulations.

He's already written the regulation to deny Green Card entry for any public charge or anyone who would likely become a public charge from Green Card eligibility. He's also had the US Department of Labor crack down on cheating H1B employers who were lying on their applications about the need for foreign workers when what they were really doing was laying off Americans and replacing them with H1B workers. That's stopped.

He's also wanting to get rid of the E4 spouse visa for the H1B and is redefining the definition of a skilled worker under that program. He's also putting a priority for American Educated H1B's.

So he's been a Busy Bee on fixing the H1B program and what he can do on Green Cards. It's pretty brilliant what he's doing. I think everyone who wants to see a net reduction in legal immigration is going to be very pleased with Donald J Trump and his Presidency.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-13-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Yes, as it is now, that is what it is and does, but once they become Green Card holders, companies don't have the same leverage to underpay them and the less attractive the program is to employers if they were hiring these foreign workers to save money.

Not all companies abuse the H1B program, but a lot do.

You'll see what he's doing when the regulation comes out. He would prefer to increase the number of H1B's and eliminate chain migration under the Green Card rules. That maneuver whenever he can do it would reduce Green Card immigration by almost 800,000 while only increasing H1B's by 5,000. So the net reduction in legal immigration just from those 2 changes would be around 78,000 permanent immigrants a year. That is a huge reduction if he can make it all work through regulations.

He's already written the regulation to deny Green Card entry for any public charge or anyone who would likely become a public charge from Green Card eligibility. He's also had the US Department of Labor crack down on cheating H1B employers who were lying on their applications about the need for foreign workers when what they were really doing was laying off Americans and replacing them with H1B workers. That's stopped.

He's also wanting to get rid of the E4 spouse visa for the H1B and is redefining the definition of a skilled worker under that program. He's also putting a priority for American Educated H1B's.

So he's been a Busy Bee on fixing the H1B program and what he can do on Green Cards. It's pretty brilliant what he's doing. I think everyone who wants to see a net reduction in legal immigration is going to be very pleased with Donald J Trump and his Presidency.

In all this spin be on the look out for words or phrases in bold red.

You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Yes, please be on the lookout for Trump's latest Make America Great Again action, the new H1B visa regulations to come out sometime this month.

I forgot another feature, right now, there are 65,000 H1B's for workers not educated in the US and another 20,000 for American Educated foreign workers, two separate subsets of the H1B program with different rules. Trump is moving the 20,000 American Educated foreign workers to the 65,000, making it 85,000 total in one program all functioning under the same rules which eliminates the OPT. It's a major rewrite of the program with many new features to make it better and more fair to American Workers and with the new definition more focused on actual needs and voids where we have real shortages and eliminate to the degree possible the lower wages and lack of benefits that undercuts American Workers much sooner with the opportunity to fast track green card applications while using up a lot of green cards for these capable self-sustaining workers without the massive immigration from chain migration.

Like I said, Trump has been a very Busy Bee fixing this program.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast