Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Guys, there is all kinds of junk in this bill, called "extenders." I thought I heard "motorcycles." I must be hearing things. It is Christmas tree'd now big time they are saying on CNBC. Wait till we read the 400 plus pages. The 3 page proposal from Paulson grew to 106 pages to 460 pages.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They're voting on something. Are these the amendments to this bill or something else?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL), former Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee is adamantly opposed to the financial bailout. He had listed on his Senate website an email communication sent by over two dozen economists stating that, in their opinion, Paulson's plan was the worse possible action the nation could take under the circumstances.

ABC's World News Tonight and PBS Newshour both opined that this new bill will pass the Senate However, commentators on also stated that the tax breaks added to appease Republicans may offend House Democrats. The tax breaks will add to the deficit, which is part of the current problem. Not all the House Republicans who voted "No" are willing to change, and the tax breaks in the Senate bill may push some 30 conservative "Blue Dog Democrats" in the House to vote against the Senate bill if it passes. If a list of House Blue Dog Democrats is available, these might be excellent ones to contact in addition to supporting House members who already voted "No".

I thought they said they would be voting soon, but I really don't know tinybob. I hopped over to another network.

It says Amtrak and Railroad at the bottom - maybe some other bill right now

JAK
    They added 150 billion more to the 700 billion.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

April
    IF these traitors are successful prepare to fill the voice mail of the representatives. I cannot believe what they are doing and smiling while they are doing it. I WONDER IF THEY WILL BE SMILING WHEN THEY ARE NO LONGER ARE IN OFFICE, KICKED OUT BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!! WE WILL NOT FORGET!

Texas2step, I was not paying close enough attention to hear the list of things in the bill now, but it must be something else. Can we not find some site to find out what these add ons are at this time?

April
    Here are the add ons:

[quote]Senate bailout bill hits the Internet; Update: File added; Update: Not earmarks?
    posted at 10:24 am on October 1, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

The Senate will begin debate within minutes on their attempt to revive the bailout bill rejected by the House. They have released the bill text this morning, and the Senate Conservatives Fund website has it for public perusal.
    The new version has no allocations going to the Housing Trust Fund, which the Dodd version originally did, so ACORN will get no money from the bailout.

However, the Senate did add a few winners to this new version:

New Tax earmarks in Bailout bill
    - Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502)
    - Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503)
    - 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504)

Tax earmark “extendersâ€

I don't think this is the bill because McCain voted no.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.