Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Bipartisan Bill Seeks To Make Puerto Rico The 51st U.S. State

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Indian, Spanish and African races came together on the island of Puerto Rico, contributing their blood and traditions to the formation of the Puerto Rican culture. The original inhabitants of Puerto Rico at the time of the Spanish conquest were the Taino and Carib Indian-tribes.

91.02.06: The Heritage and Culture of Puerto Ricans

teachersinstitute.yale.edu/curriculum/units/1991/2/91.02.06.x.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Current demographics.
    As of the 2010 Census, 75.8% of Puerto Ricans identify as white, 12.4% identify as black, 0.5% as Amerindian, 0.2% as Asian, and 11.1% as "mixed or other." Although estimates vary, most sources estimate that about 46% of Puerto Ricans have significant African ancestry.

Afro-Puerto Ricans - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Puerto_Ricans

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    I must have visited a different Puerto Rico than you.
    Most of them told me that they were tri-racial: European, Taino and African.

I and my wife were embraced and felt nothing either way.

But Slowly but surely they are shaking off the mind-screw that was placed on them.

According to lorrie, she is Puerto Rican and has family in Puerto Rico.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

As you and I live in two different Americas, I'm pretty sure she and I see two different Puerto Ricos!

Plus, Puerto Ricans are not immune to the effects of the Cold Continent's Latchkey Children's presence in their island.

Here's a $17 billion blueprint for how to rebuild Puerto Rico's electric grid
    https://grist.org/.../heres-a-17-billion-blueprint-for-how-to-rebuild-puerto-ricos-electri...
    Dec 13, 2017 - The plan also envisions a Puerto Rico dotted with
    solar farms and wind turbines, ...

"
    Prepared by more than a dozen entities, including the island’s electric power authority (PREPA), the 63-page plan[PDF] calls for a decade-long series of projects and operational improvements. The plan is aimed at building an electric power system capable of surviving an “upper Category 4 event” (250-kilometer-per-hour winds) and heavy flood waters."
    NO AMNESTY

MW
    As you and I live in two different Americas, I'm pretty sure she and I see two different Puerto Ricos!

Plus, Puerto Ricans are not immune to the effects of the Cold Continent's Latchkey Children's presence in their island.
    Same America, just two different levels of gratitude, pride, and respect. Since you like videos and music so much, thought you might enjoy this:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Same America, just two different levels of gratitude, pride, and respect. Since you like videos and music so much, thought you might enjoy this:

No, I'd say two different Americas. Maybe the two America's can meet over illegal immigration and other things but nonetheless remain two different Americas. Yes, I agree, there are two different levels of gratitude, pride and respect. I'd like to add in righteousness, loyalty and grace.

I thought we already covered what God thinks...

Originally Posted by Boomslang
    I must have visited a different Puerto Rico than you.
    Most of them told me that they were tri-racial: European, Taino and African.

I and my wife were embraced and felt nothing either way.

But Slowly but surely they are shaking off the mind-screw that was placed on them.
    Boomslang, I do not know what part (if any) of the island you visited or what people you spoke with....

But I am 100% Puerto Rican. My grandmother was born in Puerto Rico in 1918 and Grandfather in 1912
    (there parents Spain). My grandmother had 7 siblings, dozens of children, grandchildren & great grandchildren,
    all Puerto Rican.

My family is spread out in the cities of Guaynabo, Darado, Ponce, Mayagüez and Candado & Old San Juan.

We all identify as white Caucasian. Our neighbors, their children and their children's friends all identify as white.

Beezer, you seen me, Do I look Caucasian or tribal mix?

Mayagüez

Mayagüez

Dorada

Dorado

Dorado Beach

Condado, San Juan

San Juan

San Juan
    Last edited by lorrie; 07-04-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
    Boomslang, I do not know what part (if any) of the island you visited or what people you spoke with....

But I am 100% Puerto Rican. My grandmother was born in Puerto Rico in 1918 and Grandfather in 1912
    (there parents Spain). My grandmother had 7 siblings, dozens of children, grandchildren & great grandchildren,
    all Puerto Rican.

My family is spread out in the cities of Guaynabo, Darado, Ponce, Mayagüez and Candado & Old San Juan.

We all identify as white Caucasian. Our neighbors, their children and their children's friends all identify as white.

Beezer, you seen me, Do I look Caucasian or tribal mix?

Mayagüez

Mayagüez

Dorada

Dorado

Dorado Beach

Condado, San Juan

San Juan

San Juan
    I think you have the wrong idea what I was saying. I'm not questioning your "Puerto Rican-ness", I was sharing my experience on the island. Of course, I didn't travel the whole island but I shared my unique experience. How you identify is of no consequence to me or anybody else. You do have a right to see yourself in any light that you choose.
    I stayed in Carolina, BTW.

I came across many Afro-Puerto Ricans and white Puerto Ricans and mixed Puerto Ricans.

I also lived in the South Bronx and many Puerto Ricans would call themselves a name that I will not type out, but the name attested to their strong African lineage.

The Caribbean is waking up and they are waking up "loud"!

Cheers!

Yes, your view where you see only negatives and the rest of us who see the real world!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast