Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: "Common Core" And The All-Too-Common Tendencies Of Heavy-Handed Government

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    SC Lt. Governor Candidate E. Ray Moore: We Can’t Win This Battle as Long as the Left has our Children

Tim Brown May 24, 2014

E. Ray Moore is in the primary running for Lt. Governor of South Carolina and has started a national debate on homeschooling and eliminating the government's role in education. He has been quoted as calling Christians to remove their children from the public funded, government education system saying, "We are feeding their system." Above the Moore has a biblical worldview, which he claims is the only way not only to save the Christian right, but also the civil government in our country and the State of South Carolina. Moore's appeal to Scripture Alone is the reason that he advances an agenda of sound money, pro-life, pro-family and home education.

Moore told Freedom Outpost that he continues to stand against any intervention of the state to tie funds to education.

"I'm against the tax public voucher, primarily because it will bring control over the private and Christian school system," he said. "What the government funds they will inevitably will control. In fact, that's how we got public schools."

"A lot of people don't know that in the 1830s and '40s, all the schools were private and the state started subsizing them," Moore said. "Within a couple of decades, they had become state schools. So, that's how they got the public school system, because there was no state run public schools for the first 200 years of American history. They were all community, private and Christian."

Moore agreed with my assessment of R. L. Dabney, who wrote during the time of the War of Northern Aggression, that the North wanted to impose government education upon the South.

The Lt. Governor candidate commented, "After the Civil War, they imposed the right… or the opportunity, I don't know what you would call it…. They had to put these planks in their state constitution… all 50 states have some sort of plank in their constitution that says that the state will provide a series of free public schools."

Obviously, there are several problems with that as we can see clearly in hind sight. First, there is no "free" education. Someone is paying for it. I can attest to that as I not only pay for my ten children to be educated at home under their mother and me, but I also have an immoral property tax placed on my house and vehicles to pay for other children's indoctrination; and that's what it is, indoctrination. It is the religion of secular humanism that is taught in the government school system.

Second, the state has no business in dictating education or the standards of education. If you say, "Oh yes they do," then I would ask you, who is qualified to determine the standards? Obama? Bush? Nikki Haley? Pick your favorite Republican or Democrat and I'll guarantee you that most thinking adults would not want them determining education standards for their children, but they still allow it.

These constitutional amendments that Moore spoke about were introduced after the War of Northern Aggression as part of reconstruction. "Dabney fought that bitterly," Moore told us. "You also had people like A. A. Hodge, who was at Princeton made a famous statement in a sermon…. called 'The Engine of Atheism.'" He then quoted Hodge from 1887:
    "I am as sure as I am of the fact of Christ's reign that a comprehensive and centralized system of national education separated from religion, as is now commonly proposed, will prove the most appalling enginery for the propagation of anti-Christian and atheistic unbelief, and of anti-social, nihilistic ethics, individual, social, and political, which this sin-rent world has ever seen."

When asked about this issue going national, Moore told Freedom Outpost that he stepped up to attempt to do just that after Glenn McConnell decided not to run for re-election. "I decided to step in and try to elevate the debate in South Carolina over whether we were going to continue state sponsored government schools or begin to transition over to K-12 private, Christian and home schools. That was my purpose…trying to generate debate in our state in the hope that it might elevate nationally, and indeed it has."

In fact, Moore said that he was pleased with the alleged attack from the Huffington Post, saying that it was "wonderful" because it showed that the debate over public and private education was coming into the national arena. "They are left of center," he said. "So for them to take me on like that really was great publicity, and frankly conservative blogs like American Vision and others like yours are coming to my aid, defending me, and so we are getting a debate going."

"After all, we're the ones failing in the debate so far," Moore said. "The Left, they follow their god; they obey their god. It's Christians and conservatives who don't obey their God. So we're trying to get Christians and conservatives to wake up and realize they can't win this war as long as the Left has our children."

Indeed, we cannot win the war of the culture, claiming it for the Lord Jesus Christ, if we are allowing the government school system to babysit our children while we work for less trivial things. My prayer is that God will once again awaken His people to love their children enough to save them out of the hands of the statists who have their destruction in mind and do as the prophet foretold:
    "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

If you would like to contribute to Ray Moore's campaign, please do so before the June 10th primary in order to advance the cause of freedom. You can donate at his website here.
    Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/05/sc...e9sSciuUOSs.99

Last edited by kathyet2; 05-26-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Banned
    White Guilt, Common Core, and Howard Zinn

Posted on May 27, 2014

A few miles up the road from my house there is a prestigious private school. The average schlub like myself could not — and now knowing what I know — would not send my children there.

The prestigious Derryfield School “educates” students, grades 6 through 12, and costs in excess of $28,000 per year.

It is said that if you graduate from there, you’ve written your own ticket and have your pick of any of the Ivy League schools. I know this generally to be a fact.

So for that kind of money, the school must be able to attract the finest teachers in the land, right? That and the heated lacrosse field. I must admit — that is nice.

Well, I suppose it depends on one’s definition of finest. By finest, if you mean a teacher who will mold and shape your young, highly impressionable offspring into a guilty white, self-loathing, American hating liberal, then yes, you’d be correct.

One of Derryfield’s finest is a history teacher, David Pook, a big defender of the Common Core Curriculum.

David believes that American schools need to have nationalized standards so minority students can learn to read as well as white students. Yes, of course David, because students “of color” are naturally too “stupid” to learn without the help of the benevolent federal government. What a racist thing to say!
    Pook said recently at a Common Core forum at a local New Hampshire college: “the reasons why I helped write the [Common Core] standards, and the reason why I am here today is that as a white male in society, I’ve been given a lot of privilege that I didn’t earn.”

Boy, they sure are all pushing the latest focus group tested diatribe “White Privilege.” From the president on down, they’ve all received the memo.
    So anyway, this guy is a GWL (guilty white liberal). How could that affect his teaching of history? History is what it is. It’s not teachers could “rewrite” it or anything. Right?

Yes they could. Pook hasn’t personally, but the history “textbook” he uses does.

The book is called A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn. It was the book that Matt Damon mentioned in the film Good Will Hunting. "If you want to read a real history book, read Howard Zinn's 'A People's History of the United States.' That book will knock you on your ass."
    Zinn’s book is required reading in many hallowed halls of academia. Zinn has been aptly described as an anti-American Marxist.

Zinn said of history:
    “Objectivity is impossible, and it is also undesirable. That is, if it were possible it would be undesirable, because if you have any kind of social aim, if you think history should serve society in some way; should serve the progress of the human race; should serve justice in some way, then it requires that you make your selection on the basis of what you think will advance causes of humanity.”

Whose cause? What cause? What purpose?

Of Americans in wars throughout history, Zinn claims that the American Revolution, the Civil War, World Wars I and II were all just the result of the “Ruling Class” – rich men wishing only to get richer at the expense of others.

They were certainly not fought to end slavery, or beat back fascism or communism. No, it was all about white privilege.

He called communist China, under Mao’s reign of terror, “the closest thing to a People’s government,” and that “Castro’s Cuba had no bloody record of suppression.”

So I guess when Mao had 60 million of his own citizens slaughtered he was doing “the people’s work”? Do I have that right? And when Castro enlisted Che Guevara and his death squad, that wasn’t bloody suppression?

But what of America and the founders? Zinn’s view: “Forget about all men are created equal, forget about liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, America’s founding can be reduced to the pursuit of exploitation and profit.”

Zinn portrays the American founding as a virtually totalitarian system of oppression. Interestingly, Zinn never felt the need to explain the dichotomy of his view of the founding with the Constitution, guaranteeing “individual rights” and government “balance of powers.” I guess that was all just a smokescreen, a ruse created by the “Ruling Class” to fool the people.

I could go on, describing just how damaging Zinn’s “version” of history is to our children but I think you have the gist of it.

Before spending 30 grand to send little Johnny or Janie off to some “white privilege” guilt-ridden school, do a little research on exactly what you’re purchasing. You may be paying the salary of some hack like David Pook who’s all too eager to turn them into mini Marxists.

Attribution: Daniel J Flynn

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15698/w...7AgVYFcxfjV.99

Banned
    Reason number 14,932 to shut down public schools.

Posted by Michael Becker on May 29, 2014

That would be Dr. Manuel Isquierdo, Superintendent of the Sunnyside school district in Tucson, AZ.

Isquierdo has been a controversial figure in Tucson for a number of years. Needless to say, he’s got a very lucrative contract, but that just doesn’t seem to cover his operating expenses. At home, that is. The Doctor’s monthly haul from the city of Tucson is a meager $19,791. Per month. Of course he lives in a 3,400 square foot home with a 1,700 square foot guest house in the very exclusive Catalina Foothills section of Tucson and it’s reportedly worth over $1 million. He’s renting it.

For starters, Isquierdo is a tad behind on his taxes. The IRS has him on the hook for $57,000 and the state of California is after him for $150,000 (reportedly $18,000 of that has been paid.)

Several years ago Isquierdo sold a deal to the school board where kids who got good grades would get a laptop computer.
    “A few years back,” Hunnicutt [Lori Hunnicut is the editor of the Tucson Daily Independent] told The Daily Caller, Isquierdo “started a digital giveaway” involving “cheap laptops” that were provided for kids who maintained good grades.

“Isquierdo made a small fortune” out of the deal, Hunnicutt claims.
    Here we have the Superintendent of the second largest school district in Tucson who apparently managed to get his hand in the till with a contract for cheap computers, makes over $200,000 per year and owes about $200,000 in back taxes. Those, at least for now, are his minor problems.

A background note is in order before we continue. Tucson is Arizona’s second largest city and the political equivalent of Nancy Pelosi’s district. It’s the home of the University of Arizona. It’s also the rally point for groups like La Raza, the Mexican “civil rights” group. They care as much about civil rights as CAIR.

Isquierdo’s current problem is one that is endemic to “educators” across the country. He’s a liar and has no qualms in padding performance numbers. If things don’t work out for him in Tucson maybe he can get a job running the VA hospital in Phoenix, there’s probably going to be an opening there soon.

The school board held a meeting a couple of weeks ago and it wasn’t Isquierdo’s best day.

…school board member Buck Crouch charged that that Manuel Isquierdo, the beleaguered superintendent of Tucson’s Sunnyside Unified School District, had submitted graduation percentages that don’t corroborate with the rates on the Arizona Department of Education website…

The school board called an emergency meeting, and conveniently called it when member Crouch was in Nebraska attending a family event. Guess what happened?

At the Friday meeting, Isquierdo described Crouch’s graduation claims as an attack on him personally and an insult to the district’s students, teachers and parents.

[...]

The superintendent of Tucson’s second-largest district played the race card at the meeting as well.

“I feel Mr. Crouch was reckless, uninhibited toward his board members who happen to be Latino, he was disrespectful to a Latino superintendent. I have earned the right to be in this chair,” the schools boss said, according to the station.
    Yep, race card! And, he played when Crouch wasn’t there.

There happens to be a recall election for two of the school board members, and they are supporters of Isquierdo. Here’s what recall candidate Mike Polak had to say about the superintendent’s comments.

I now see Dr. Isquierdo is playing the Race card. He should be ashamed of himself for insulting the Hispanics who come from multiracial families. I’m a father of two sons who are both Mexican American and I have a daughter who is Filipino and two Filipino sons. I have a daughter in law who is from Mexico. I have three grandchildren and another on the way that has a Hispanic heritage. For Dr. Isquierdo to say I would not represent the Hispanic community because I am white or not Hispanic is just wrong. The proper education of children has nothing to do with race; Children from all ethnicities deserve a good education. Dr. Isquierdo is part of the problem and needs to resign and make a public apology for his insults to everyone in the community.

I have copied the quote of Dr. Isquierdo below from the article.

“If Mr. Polack, Mr. Crouch and Mr. Giffin sit on that board, it does not represent a Latino community and I’m not afraid to say it,” Isquierdo said.
    Mr. Crouch is not unusual in Tucson, with the exception of the lily-white liberals who have moved into Arizona’s equivalent of Nancy Pelosi’s district, Tucson is a heavily mixed-culture city. That showed up in the results of the recall election. Dr. Isquierdo’s supporters got tossed. The school board is not 4-1 opposed to the worthless Doctor.

That prompted the school board to do what all race-baiting, progressive organizations do when they lose. They called an immediate “emergency” meeting and voted the Dr. a $7,500 raise.

This one isn’t over yet.

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2014/05/rea...1eQ9RBQqZWm.99
    Last edited by kathyet2; 05-30-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Banned
    Gay Agenda Being Pushed into Public Schools

Posted By Dave Jolly on May 30, 2014

I know you’ve heard of library books in the public schools that promote the homosexual lifestyle for kids as young as kindergarten, but are you aware of the agenda to force more homosexual and perverse lifestyles on your kids?

Have you ever heard of a group called GLSEN? It stands for ‘Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network.’ However, don’t let the word ‘straight’ fool you, they are anything but straight. They are the largest LGBT activist organization in America that is working to push their agenda into the public schools and government.

According to the group’s website:
    “Improving Education, Creating a Better World

“In 1990, a small, but dedicated group of teachers in Massachusetts came together to improve an education system that frequently allowed its lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students to be bullied, discriminated against and/or fall through the cracks.

“Almost 25 years later, that small group has grown into the leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe schools for all students. Today, we’re known as GLSEN, the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network

“We face a pervasive problem with a set of new challenges. 8 out of 10 LGBT students are still harassed at school each year because of who they are.

“We are working to change that.

“At GLSEN, we want every student, in every school, to be valued and treated with respect, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe that all students deserve a safe and affirming school environment where they can learn and grow.

“We accomplish our goals by working in hallways across the country — from Congress and the Department of Education to schools and district offices in your community — to improve school climate and champion LGBT issues in K-12 education.

• We conduct extensive and original research to inform our evidence-based solutions for K-12 education.

• We author developmentally appropriate resources for educators to use throughout their school community.

• We partner with decision makers to ensure that comprehensive and inclusive safe schools policies are considered, passed and implemented.

• We partner with dozens of national education organizations to leverage our shared expertise into creating great schools and better opportunities for every student.”

Last month, GLSEN Massachusetts held their annual conference in Boston where they hoped to introduce teachers, students and other homosexual activists to their liberal and perverted agenda. On their website, they state the purpose of the conference as:
    “The conference is an opportunity for more than 250 students, educators, parents, and school staff to spend a day building community and sharing resources for creating safer, more affirming schools for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning (LGBTQ) youth, educators, and allies.”
    In all of this, where does it say anything about the ‘straight’ agenda? The only place it appears is in their name, not in their actions.

Brian Camenker, Founder and President of MassResistance has been working for nearly 20 years trying to stop the gay agenda of working its way into the Massachusetts public schools. He commented about the Boston conference, saying:
    “They want kids to feel comfortable around homosexuality and those issues, feel comfortable coming out, feel comfortable taking on those behaviors, feeling comfortable with everything about it.”

“You wouldn’t think you could integrate homosexuality into much, but they do by saying something like “a woman does this and her wife does this. They will bring in homosexual themed books. One of their favorites is to claim that historical figures – Eleanor Roosevelt, for example – were actually homosexual.”
    If you want to get an idea of just what GLSEN’s agenda is, I strongly urge you to visit the MassResistance website which describes what took place at the Boston conference, who the speakers were and what workshops they held to push their abominable agenda.

This isn’t just happening in Massachusetts, but in every state of the country. GLSEN is working with state and federal legislatures, the Department of Education and school districts everywhere pushing to get their agenda into your kids’ education and they are succeeding. This is another reason why parents should do whatever they can to keep their kids away from the public school system which currently is teaching nothing Christian, wholesome, moral or virtuous. A nation can be lost in one generation and we are losing America now. The future depends upon what your kids are being taught now.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/5918/gay-a...4gCXAuVE6A3.99

Banned
    Alternative News

Shared publicly - 6:33 AM

Published on May 31, 2014
    Oakland High School Security Guard Charged With Felony...
    KTLA - Los Angeles
    Watch this school sec.guard beat this kid in a wheelchair without an ounce of restraint at all!If this were my child ,I am not sure if I could keep my composure and not do the same or worse to this human pile of trash,and stay out of jail myself!
    -Oakland High School security guard has been fired and charged with felony child abuse after officials said he handcuffed, punched and then dumped a disabled student from his wheelchair in a class...
    Oakland High School security guard has been fired and charged with felony child abuse after officials said he handcuffed, punched and then dumped a disabled student from his wheelchair in a class hallway.

Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 7.30.32 AM
    A security guard was caught repeatedly hitting a student at an Oakland High School on surveillance video on May 19, 2014. (Credit: Oakland Unified School District)

The incident, partially captured by video surveillance cameras, occurred about 9 a.m. May 19 as Marchell Mitchell, 23, and another guard were urging students to clear out of hallways and get to class, officials said Thursday.

According to a statement from school Principal Matin Abdel-Qawi, the wheelchair-bound student was either slow to move or just refused to leave the hallway, prompting Mitchell to begin pushing the chair to class.

That's when the student — who, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, has cerebral palsy — tried slapping away the officer's hands. Mitchell then apparently handcuffed the boy and continued to roll US student in wheelchair beaten by security guard A high school security officer in the US state of California has been fired and arrested after viciously assaulting a disabled student in a wheelchair and dumping him on the floor.

Oakland High School announced the firing of 23-year-old Marchell Mitchell on Thursday, while also apologizing to the parents of the injured student.

The incident, which was caught on video, shows the officer slapping the student so hard he is thrown out of his wheelchair. The teenager, who suffers from cerebral palsy, says the guard began pushing his wheelchair as he was on his way to a class.

The disabled student, Francisco Martinez, says the officer handcuffed him to the wheelchair and then assaulted him.

Martinez says there's more to it than what is seen on the video. Besides being attacked in the hallway, Martinez said he was beaten and thrown to the ground in an elevator.

According to a letter from Oakland High School principal Matin Abdel-Qawi to parents, Martinez was lingering in a hallway with other students as security officers urged them to get to class on May 19.

Mitchell then ordered Martinez to go to class and he either did not comply or was slow to do so, prompting the attack, according to Abdel-Qawi.

Abdel-Qawi said the student was taken to the hospital for his injuries but was expected to recover.

Mitchell was charged with felony child abuse and released from jail four days later. Police are still investigating the case. Oakland school guard charged with abusing student in wheelchair Horrifying surveillance footage shows school security guard beating wheelchair-bound student and dumping him on to the floor
    Marchel Mitchell, 23, was fired and now faces felony charges after he was caught punching Francisco Martinez, 17, in the school hallway
    Video shows him punching Martinez, who has cerebral palsy, and tipping him out of his chair and standing over him on the floor
    The scrap came after Mitchell tried to rush him to class and handcuffed him to his chair - leading the boy to spit on him
    Martinez said he has suffered pain since the May 19 attack
    security camera. Startling surveillance footage has revealed the horrifying moment a school security guard punched a wheelchair-bound student before dumping him on to the ground.
    Francisco Martinez, who has cerebral palsy, said the attack by Marchel Mitchell at Oakland High School on May 19 has left him in pain. Mitchell, 23, has now been arrested for the attack.
    'He slapped me,' Martinez, 17, told KTVU after leaving hospital. 'He hit me so hard, it threw me out of my chair. I hit the floor with my chin first.'
    Photos his mother took after the attack show scratches to his chin and head and bruises on his arms.
    Abuse: Marchell Mitchell is seen on camera lifting his arm to beat 17-year-old Francisco Martinez, who has cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair. The security guard has now been arrested
    STUDENTS DEFEND GUARD WHO BEAT DISABLED STUDENT AT OAKLAND SCHOOL The boy who was thrown from his wheelchair by an Oakland High School security officer says he wants justice, but some students at the school are defending the guard.

Former security guard Marcell Mitchell, 23, says he's aware of all the support he's receiving at the school, but is not ready to comment at this time. High school security guard is fired, charged for striking wheelchair-using student who spit on him A high school security guard in Oakland, Calif, has been fired and charged with felony child abuse after officials said he handcuffed, punched and Security Guard Attacks Disabled Student in Wheelchair | Oakland High School 

Published on May 30, 2014
    Oakland High School security guard has been fired and charged with felony child abuse after officials said he handcuffed, punched and then dumped a disabled student from his wheelchair in a class hallway.
    Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 7.30.32 AM

Banned
    How Important is Handwriting for Educational Development?

by Fox News Insider // Jun 03 2014 // 1:06pm
    As seen on Happening Now

As we've shifted from writing by hand to typing, so has our nation's education curriculum. A new report points out that Common Core only requires the teaching of handwriting in kindergarten and first grade, then the focus shifts to the keyboard.

But evidence suggests a link between handwriting and broader educational development. Research shows that children who write freehand exhibit increased activities in areas of the brain associated with reading and writing.

Sheryl Sandberg on Education: ‘I Really Worry About Our Competitiveness as a Country’
    Should Students Be Grouped By ‘Content Level’ Instead of By Grade?

Indiana University psychologist Karin James led a study in 2012 on handwriting. Read background via the New York Times:
    Children who had not yet learned to read and write were presented with a letter or a shape on an index card and asked to reproduce it in one of three ways: trace the image on a page with a dotted outline, draw it on a blank white sheet, or type it on a computer. They were then placed in a brain scanner and shown the image again.
    The researchers found that the initial duplication process mattered a great deal. When children had drawn a letter freehand, they exhibited increased activity in three areas of the brain that are activated in adults when they read and write: the left fusiform gyrus, the inferior frontal gyrus and the posterior parietal cortex.
    By contrast, children who typed or traced the letter or shape showed no such effect. The activation was significantly weaker.
    James talked to Jenna Lee this morning about the study.
    "We found early on, kind of surprisingly, that parts of the brain that we weren't necessarily expecting were being recruited when very young children that couldn't read yet were looking at letters. And this led up to the hypothesis that perhaps handwriting has a significant impact on how children learn to look at letters and recognize letters of the alphabet," she explained.
    Jenna then asked how increased use of iPads and computers is affecting the way kids learn.
    James said she does not believe the increased use of technology is doing damage, but thinks handwriting is important for early cognitive development.
    Find out more about this in the video above, and let us know what you think: should more emphasis be placed on handwriting?

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/06/03...l-developments

Reading Writing and Arithmetic!!! They want to dumb down your children!!!

Banned
    Friday, 06 June 2014 12:00 Oklahoma Dumps Common Core as Dominoes Fall

Written by Alex Newman

Oklahoma became the third state to officially dump the Obama administration-pushed national education standards known as Common Core, handing a major victory to opponents of the deeply controversial scheme following another success in South Carolina last week. On June 5, under major pressure from across the state, Republican Governor Mary Fallin (shown) signed legislation passed recently by the legislature in a landslide, officially repealing the national standards that have sparked a nationwide uprising among parents and teachers.
    The defeat for Common Core in Oklahoma is an especially big deal because Gov. Fallin is the chair of the National Governors Association, a federally funded lobbying outfit based in Washington, D.C., that was partly responsible for developing the standards. Analysts say Fallin was under tremendous pressure from both sides on the bipartisan legislation to withdraw from the Obama-backed education plot — with special interests on one side demanding it remain in place, while a grassroots army of outraged parents and teachers demanded it be killed.
    “We cannot ignore the widespread concern of citizens, parents, educators and legislators who have expressed fear that adopting Common Core gives up local control of Oklahoma’s public schools,” Fallin said in signing the bill, which passed overwhelmingly in both houses of the legislature. “The words ‘Common Core’ in Oklahoma are now so divisive that they have become a distraction that interferes with our mission of providing the best education possible for our children.”

Supporters of state sovereignty and quality, community-controlled education celebrated the Oklahoma governor’s decision with special zeal. According to grassroots activists involved in battling Common Core, the victory in Oklahoma might even represent the beginning of the end for Common Core across the other 41 states that accepted bribes from the Obama administration in exchange for imposing the scheme on children and have not yet withdrawn. Now, the state will get to work developing superior standards, the governor said.
    “We are capable of developing our own Oklahoma academic standards that will be better than Common Core,” Fallin declared in a statement. “Now is the time for Oklahomans — parents, citizens, educators, employers and elected officials — to unite behind the common goal of improving our schools. That begins with doing the hard work of building new, more rigorous Oklahoma standards.”
    Fallin, who initially supported the national standards, claimed the plot started out with good intentions. “Unfortunately, federal overreach has tainted Common Core,” she said, echoing concerns that transcend party lines. “President Obama and Washington bureaucrats have usurped Common Core in an attempt to influence state education standards. The results are predictable. What should have been a bipartisan policy is now widely regarded as the president’s plan to establish federal control of curricula, testing and teaching strategies.”
    Because of that, she signed HB 3399 repealing and replacing Common Core with new state standards yet to be developed. “They must raise the bar — beyond what Common Core offers — on what we expect of our students,” Fallin added. “Above all, they must be developed with the goal of teaching children to think critically and creatively and to complete high school with the knowledge they need to succeed in college and in the workforce.”
    Grassroots leaders and Common Core critics were thrilled with Oklahoma’s decision, which makes it the third state to impose the standards before formally withdrawing. “This is a great victory for the constitutional structure and for the American people, whom it was intended to protect,” said Emmett McGroarty, director of education at American Principles in Action. “This is a great leap forward in the national movement of parents who are reclaiming control of education policy.”
    The legislation was approved by a bipartisan landslide late last month, with 71 in favor and 18 against in the state House. In the state Senate, the crushing defeat for Common Core was also overwhelming. In all, 31 state senators voted to kill Common Core and just 10 sought to keep it in place, illustrating the magnitude of the public uprising against the national standards, which have become politically toxic across the United States.
    One of the grassroots groups that played a key role in the state effort to stop Common Core was Restore Oklahoma Public Education, or ROPE. Jenni White, president of the organization, thanked the governor for listening to the voices of Oklahoma parents and legislators. She also thanked state Rep. Jason Nelson, state Sen. Josh Brecheen, and other legislators who backed the bill, saying their efforts would “forever be appreciated.”
    “Oklahoma now has the opportunity to lead the nation as never before in creating new education standards to propel Oklahoma students onto a path of excellence,” White said, applauding state officials for responding to the demands of citizens. The new law directs the state Board of Education to create new, more rigorous standards by August of 2016. Once created, a wide range of state experts, officials, and more will be charged with approving them.
    While that process is underway, Oklahoma government schools will revert to previous state standards used from 2003 to 2010. One point that has sparked concern, however, is that the new standards to be developed will have to be certified as “college and career ready” — a nonsensical term used by the Obama administration as a condition for handing out unconstitutional bribes to state governments that adopted Common Core.
    In Indiana, which formally withdrew from Common Core earlier this year, education experts noted that the supposed “new” standards were largely a re-packaged version of the dubious national standards foisted on states by the Obama administration. Indeed, in some sections, as much as 90 percent of the alleged “Indiana” standards were simply copied and pasted straight from Common Core, according to top education experts who reviewed the material.
    When asked whether Common Core might slip into the new Oklahoma standards, ROPE chief White said in a phone interview with The New American that it would be hard. She noted that the new law mandates a side-by-side comparison between the new standards and Common Core to check for similarities. "We absolutely need to stay engaged," she said. "But I think it would be very hard for what happened in Indiana to happen here. Still, we do absolutely need to stay vigilant."
    Bunny Chambers, a prominent activist who leads the powerful Oklahoma Eagle Forum, thanked officials for responding to citizens and celebrated the major victory in her state in the battle to stop Common Core. However, she also warned citizens not to rest easy just yet. “We will need to be vigilant as the new standards are being written, so that the Common Core standards don’t reappear only to have a new name,” Chambers said in an e-mail to supporters.
    “We all want Oklahoma to lead the nation in academic excellence,” she continued. “I hope the grassroots, educators, parents and business leaders can unite and strive to achieve that goal.” Chambers also said parents and grandparents should make sure they know what their children and grandchildren are learning at school. “We need to find out if they are really learning what we know they should be learning,” she said, adding that families must remain attentive to ensure that their children are receiving an excellent education, and step in to fill the gaps where needed.
    The major victory for Common Core critics in Oklahoma follows another successful effort in South Carolina, which officially withdrew from the Obama-backed national standards last week. Across America, meanwhile, the grassroots uprising continues to grow, with teachers unions, Democrats, Republicans, parents, and children all demanding an end to the controversial scheme.
    The tide turned has decisively in favor of Common Core opponents with the withdrawals of Oklahoma and South Carolina within a week of each other. However, the powerful forces behind the scheme — billionaires, Big Business, Big Government, the Obama administration, and more — have no plans to give up the fight just yet, especially after pouring billions of private and taxpayer dollars into it. If Americans hope to restore proper, locally controlled education, the hard work of parents, teachers, and activists must continue.
    Photo of Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin: AP Images
    Alex Newman is a correspondent for The New American, covering economics, education, politics, and more. He can be reached at anewman@thenewamerican.com. Follow him on Twitter @ALEXNEWMAN_JOU.

Related articles:
    Common Core: A Scheme to Rewrite Education
    Orwellian Nightmare: Data-mining Your Kids
    As Common Core Becomes Punchline, Critics Win Battles Nationwide
    Indiana Replaces Common Core ... With Common Core
    New York Revolts Against Common Core
    Feds Building Massive Common Core-linked Databases on Your Kids
    Common Core: People vs. Big Government, Big Business, and Billionaires
    Strategies to Defeat Common Core Education Gain Momentum
    Educators Expose Dangers of Common Core National Education
    Common Core and UN Agenda 21: Mass Producing Green Global Serfs

http://www.thenewamerican.com/cultur...4da9-287785873

Banned
    Reading, Writing and Recreational Sex - The New Curriculum http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/06/se...reational-sex/

Reading, Writing and Recreational Sex - The New Curriculum - Freedom Outpost
    freedomoutpost.com
    In recent years, the news has been flooded with more and more stories of sex infiltrating our schools. The stories range from those about questionable sex education curriculum to teachers having inappropriate relationships with students. Last week was no different. Here’s a small sampling of shocking occurrences from around the United States. **** At Woodland …

What is common core!!!!

Banned
    Growing Rejection of Common Core

by Phyllis Schlafly

June 11, 2014

The most controversial current issue in education today is clearly Common Core. It’s being more hotly debated than bullying, zero tolerance, sex ed, abortion, or even school lunches.
    Common Core is the title of a new set of standards that the Obama Administration has been trying to force the states to use. Even before the standards were written, 45 states and the District of Columbia signed on, encouraged by inducements of federal funds. The principal outliers are Texas, Alaska, Nebraska, and Virginia.
    Now that parents and teachers are finding out what is commanded by Common Core standards and what is being taught by “Common Core-aligned” materials, moms and teachers are raising a ruckus to try to get their states to repeal their state’s involvement. Many are demanding that their state withdraw altogether from Common Core, principally because they believe it is a takeover by the Obama Administration of all that kids are taught and not taught.
    The backlash against Common Core has developed into a potent political force. About 100 bills have been introduced into various state legislatures to cancel, stop or slow down Common Core requirements.
    Indiana broke the ice on March 23, becoming the first state to pass an anti-Common Core law. It strikes out references to Common Core in the law and requires the state board of education to maintain Indiana’s sovereignty while complying with federal standards.
    When Indiana Governor Mike Pence signed this legislation that opted his state out of Common Core standards, he said, “I believe our students are best served when decisions about education are made at the state and local level.”
    The Indiana bill was introduced as a straight repeal of Common Core, but it ended up keeping so many Common Core requirements that the original sponsor of the bill, Senator Scott Schneider, pulled his name off the bill.
    The game of some people, obviously, is to pass standards that are nearly identical to Common Core but under a different name, because the name itself has become toxic. And states are always solicitous to maintain their flow of federal funds, which the Obama Administration uses as bribes or threats.
    The second state that went public against Common Core was South Carolina. On May 30, Governor Nikki Haley signed a bill abolishing Common Core standards in that state beginning in 2015.
    Legislators were responding to constituent complaints that Common Core introduces frivolous and illogical teaching techniques to no apparent purpose, while imposing new standards that are not meaningful improvements, and ends up being a top-down, one-size-fits-all approach.
    Parents won a remarkable victory when the Oklahoma Legislature repealed use of Common Core by the overwhelming bipartisan vote of 71 to 18 in the House and 31 to 10 in the Senate, and replaced it with academic standards written by Oklahoma. After receiving an estimated 20,000 phone calls in support of the repeal, Governor Mary Fallin signed the repeal into law on June 5.
    This law directs the State Board of Education to create new more rigorous standards by August of next year. The State Regents for Higher Education, the State Board of Career and Technology Education, and the Oklahoma Department of Commerce will evaluate the newly written standards to make sure they truly make students “college and career ready.”
    Governor Fallin’s message in signing the repeal of Common Core was blunt in explaining what is wrong with Common Core. She wrote, “President Obama and Washington bureaucrats have usurped Common Core in an attempt to influence state education standards. Common Core is now widely regarded as the President’s plan to establish federal control of curricula, testing and teaching strategies.”
    Governor Fallin’s message reminded us that “Citizens, parents, educators and legislators … have expressed fear that adopting Common Core gives up local control of Oklahoma’s public schools.” We congratulate Oklahoma’s Governor for having the courage to stop the well-financed plan to railroad Oklahoma’s public schools into kowtowing to federal control.
    From the start, Common Core has been ballyhooed as a state-led (not federal) initiative that each state could choose to voluntarily adopt. But, as the Governor wrote, “The words ‘Common Core’ in Oklahoma are now so divisive that they have become a distraction that interferes with our mission of providing the best education possible for our children.”
    Like most leftwingers, when Education Secretary Arne Duncan was besieged on all sides by Common Core critics, he played the race card, for which he later had to apologize. He accused opponents of Common Core of just being “white suburban moms.”
    Duncan should have read the New York Times, which published a picture of both white and African-American moms protesting Common Core, wearing signs that said “My child is not common.” Parents nationwide are saying No to Common Core.

Further Reading: Common Core

http://www.eagleforum.org/publicatio...mmon-core.html

Banned
    GAYSTAPO: Elementary School Brainwashes Kids, Celebrates Homosexuality

By Clash Daily / 12 June 2014

An irate parent in Oakland, California is upset after their child had a presentation for Gay Pride month at their school. The school, Glenview Elementary, had a gay parent give a presentation on ‘different families’ and the meaning of the rainbow flag. See a note from the parent at the Elementary school and the video of the presentation that was posted on the school’s website via Moonbattery.com:
    There is a video on the school’s website showing the assembly… It was nothing more than homosexual indoctrination about the meaning of the rainbow flag and “queer” history. On stage was the rainbow flag but NO American flag. And then a “gay men’s chorus” sang songs about homosexual “freedom.”

This is an elementary school and children as young as 5 were present. Like I said, parents were NOT informed in advance. My child brought home a bookmark with the rainbow flag on it and a quote from radical lesbian poet activist, Audre Lorde, whose work includes a book called “Uses of the Erotic.” This is for Elementary School! …

Then they show videos about how all “families” are the same – two dads, two moms, etc. The video of the entire assembly is on the school website:

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/06/gaysta...mEhqeyaY3pA.99