Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Not all Caucasians are American citizens

You're right, and your point is well taken. However, you must admit that there are no scholarships exclusively for caucasians. I think that's why most people have a problem with this. Any scholarship that was exclusively for "white" folks would be considered racist and discriminatory.
    Click the following link. Average Joe Scholarship Here is a "Caucasian only" scholarship. It took me about five-minutes to find on the internet.

Just because someone is Caucasian, doesn't necessarily make them an American citizen. And, just because somebody has Hispanic, German, Scottish, or Norwegian "heritage" doesn't make them illegal or an immigrant; Heritage being the key term.

In actuality, there are many scholarships that are specified for people of "European" heritage, ie Irish, Scottish, German, English, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, etc. There are also scholarships based on the parents' profession, association with clubs and organizations, etc... The Denny's scholarship critereon key words are "Hispanic heritage." Nowhere does it make referrence to the color of one's skin.

Perhaps, my point was misunderstood. That point being most scholarships tend to exclude groups outside of their specified criteria, whatever that criteria may be. And, since this is America, we have the right as private citizens and corporations to "GIVE" our money to anybody or group of people we so choose, so long as it does not fund terrorism.

I googled myself and found my name listed on this forum. I deeply resent, and am offended by, the implication that I am somehow undeserving of being one of the Denny's scholarship recipients. I am appaled and disgusted by the accusation that I may be an illegal alien. My ancestors came here from Spain and founded colonies and settlements, in the 17th century, along with many other European settlers. I am a proud and patriotic American citizen. Always have been and always will be

Hi Sporatica.

I don't have a problem with you getting a scholarship.

I never said you were an illegal alien. I and all who have posted on this thread have a problem with Denny's not offering scholarships to all Americans of all ethnicities. I'm not questioning your citizenship in this country. We have many patriotic, hispanic members here at ALIPAC as well.

Discrimination is a hot button issue to all of us in America and of all ethnic backgrounds. I don't think corporations should cater to one ethnic group. I am going to write them a letter too.

Don't you think Denny's should offer scholarships to all Americans?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Hi Sporatica.

I don't have a problem with you getting a scholarship.

I never said you were an illegal alien. I and all who have posted on this thread have a problem with Denny's not offering scholarships to all Americans of all ethnicities. I'm not questioning your citizenship in this country. We have many patriotic, hispanic members here at ALIPAC as well.

Discrimination is a hot button issue to all of us in America and of all ethnic backgrounds. I don't think corporations should cater to one ethnic group. I am going to write them a letter too.

Don't you think Denny's should offer scholarships to all Americans?
    Maybe next year it will be the Denny's Jamaican Scholarship program for students studying Cosmotology.

The bottom line is that there are tons of scholarships out there. And, if you search long enough, you will eventually find one that you are qualified to apply for. But, you still may not get it. Just ask the thousands of students of Hispanic heritage who applied and still didn't get one of the 37 from Denny's.

Remember, we're talking about 37 scholarships that Denny's chose to make available to students of Hispanic heritage. Thousands applied, 37 were awarded. Why did Denny's choose hispanic? Because they were approached by the Hispanic Scholarship Fund and asked to donate a specified number of scholarships.

The same thing happens when the Daughters of the American Revolution approach corporations to allocate scholarship funds. HSF just happened to get these funds. It's called fund-raising. It's as simple as that. It's akin to the difference between a Corporation donating money to Diabetes research instead of Cancer research. It doesn't mean that they are discriminating against people with cancer.

I think Denny's should offer scholarships to whomever they choose. I think any American citizen, foundation, or corporation can and should offer scholarships to anybody they choose. It's their money, they can do with it as they please. It's downright anti-American to dictate how people, corporations, or foundations choose to donate their money or to whom they donate it. Scholarships are a gift, not an entitlement.

All in all, I think that this topic is near-sighted. The fact of the matter is, not everybody qualifies for every scholarship. I'm a Finance major, I do not qualify for scholarships meant for Art History majors. I'm not athletic, I don't qualify for a sports scholarship, and so on and so forth.

Does discrimination exist in America? Yes.
    Why is it that a black person can wear a shirt that says "black power" and be considered proud when a white person wearing a shirt stating "white power" is labeled a racist? Is it reverse discrimination? Yes. How can there be a "Black Entertainment Television" network and not a "White Entertainment" network? It's called White-European Guilt Nobody wants to be called a racist.

There is a huge sense of entitlement in this country. But none of that gives any of us the right to tell an American citizen, corporation, or foundation how or to whom they should give their money to. Denny's hasn't discriminated in this situation. They chose a group, funded the program, and allocated the funds.

I hope your right and in the years to come they offer a wide range of scholarships to different ethnic groups and for different professions.

I'm still going to write them a letter to encourage this as well.

Back now to our cause of fighting for American soveriegnty and legal immigration. Hope you'll join our fight.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I hope your right and in the years to come they offer a wide range of scholarships to different ethnic groups and for different professions.

I'm still going to write them a letter to encourage this as well.

Back now to our cause of fighting for American soveriegnty and legal immigration. Hope you'll join our fight.
    Ya know, I really hate the fact that we are giving our country away state by state. Illegal immigration has moved from the border states to the interior of this great nation. Politicians woo "latino" constituents by promising to reward illegal behavior and offer some form of "amnesty" to those who have time and again broken our immigration laws.

I know it's not economically practical, but if it were up to me... I'd start exporting all of the illegal immigrants back to whence they came. Law enforcement should have the right - no! They should be required to inquire about citizenship whenever somebody is arrested. <end rant>

Just my two cents. Thanks for the invite.

I agree. That would solve alot of our problem with illegal immigration in America.

Welcome to ALIPAC Sporatica.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I just got off the phone with their Corporate office. I called this number
    If you need more information or would like to suggest ways to make our site more useful to you, please contact Debbie Atkins, Director, Public Relations & Communications at (864) 597-8361.
    They also have this number[quote:3lj5tkwi]Call the Denny's Customer Service Team at 1-800-733-6697.
    I told them that my son was getting ready to graduate HS with a 4.0 GPA, and since I had read where Denny's had given 36 scholarships for needy students, I wanted to know where I could apply. She asked if I was Hispanic, and when I said "No", she told me that the scholarship program was STRICTLY for Hispanics.

When I asked her if they had any other scholarships for poor white people I thought she would bust out laughing. So I said "Nothing for black people, nothing for Asians? That's kinda RACIST, isn't it?"

She hung up the phone....[/quote:3lj5tkwi]

Unreal. I'm not patronizing Dennys anymore. This is an example of the acceptable racism practiced by hispanics/latinos SIG's everywhere.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Re: Not all Caucasians are American citizens

Quote Originally Posted by sporatica
    I googled myself and found my name listed on this forum. I deeply resent, and am offended by, the implication that I am somehow undeserving of being one of the Denny's scholarship recipients. I am appaled and disgusted by the accusation that I may be an illegal alien. My ancestors came here from Spain and founded colonies and settlements, in the 17th century, along with many other European settlers. I am a proud and patriotic American citizen. Always have been and always will be
    Gee, the hispanic/latino "minority" also receives affirmative action/preferential hiring programs and bilingual education. Can you say undeserved entitlement? I knew you could.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Re: Not all Caucasians are American citizens

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Quote Originally Posted by sporatica
    Gee, the hispanic/latino "minority" also receives affirmative action/preferential hiring programs and bilingual education. Can you say undeserved entitlement? I knew you could.
    Yeah, I can say it. But, it doesn't apply in this situation. I don't believe in affirmative action, hiring should be conducted based on ability, and English should be the only language in our schools. However, none of those issues are gift related. Corporate scholarships, on the other hand, are privately sponsored, privately funded gifts. You're comparing apples and oranges.

**Apples and oranges might make for good juice, but they make for ineffective debate.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    sporatica wrote:

Bottom line is, there are many scholarships with specifc eligibilty requirements. If you need help paying for college, your time is better spent researching and applying to scholarships for which you qualify, than it is focusing on scholarships whose requirements you don't meet.
    You're right, and your point is well taken. However, you must admit that there are no scholarships exclusively for caucasions. I think that's why most people have a problem with this. Any scholarship that was exclusively for "white" folks would be considered racist and discriminatory

I have another problem with it. The money that is generated to fund these scholarships comes out of the pockets of all races and Denney's is dependent on their continued patronage. With that in mind it is an act of racism in iteself to limit the award of the scholarships to a single race.

I will post the above article on every local web site and urge the local newspaper to pick it up. Denney's should at least have an obligation to make their race exclusion known to their patrons.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast