Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by sporatica
    Sam-I-Am Wrote:I 'm surprised you or your family want to stay in the US though. If I had relatives in Europe I'd be on the next bus out. I've had it w/white guilt...
    Sam, are you serious? Move to Europe? I'll never live anywhere else but America. This is my country, I love it, I'll fight for it, I'd die for it. America is my home and I will not, under any circumstances, abandon her. I wouldn't abandon my house if I came home and found squatters in my back yard. How could I treat my country with any less deference?
    Well, if you're fluent in Spanish, I guess it's still your country. Pero, yo hablo/escrito/lee espanol como un tonto. Ahora, este pais, no es mi pais.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Sam-I-Am Wrote:I 'm surprised you or your family want to stay in the US though. If I had relatives in Europe I'd be on the next bus out. I've had it w/white guilt...
    Sam, are you serious? Move to Europe? I'll never live anywhere else but America. This is my country, I love it, I'll fight for it, I'd die for it. America is my home and I will not, under any circumstances, abandon her. I wouldn't abandon my house if I came home and found squatters in my back yard. How could I treat my country with any less deference?
    Well, if you're fluent in Spanish, I guess it's still your country. Pero, yo hablo/escrito/lee espanol como un tonto. Ahora, este pais, no es mi pais.
    Indifference will kill this country faster than anything else.

Sporatica,indifference AND political correctness.

Sam-I-Am, you read Lugundums posts, are you sure you'd want to move there?

Rawhide!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide

Rawhide!
    Rawhide, I stand corrected

somehow same post got posted twice

Rawhide!
    The muslims haven't taken over all of Europe yet. If you lived in Southern Callifornia, you'd have a better idea of where I'm coming from. California isn't getting better it's getting worse...fast. There is not only white flight in Southern California, but black flight as well. In historically black communities like Watts and Compton, people are leaving.

Also, there are no preferential hiring programs/affirmative action, bilingual education programs for latinos/hispanics in the UK or France. The UK has just instituted a policy that requires prospective immigrants have not only a knowledge of English, but a knowledge of English culture and prospective immigrants MUST pass this test. I've heard Australia has something similar.

Rawhide!
    The muslims haven't taken over all of Europe yet. If you lived in Southern Callifornia, you'd have a better idea of where I'm coming from. California isn't getting better it's getting worse...fast. There is not only white flight in Southern California, but black flight as well. In historically black communities like Watts and Compton, people are leaving.

Also, there are no preferential hiring programs/affirmative action, bilingual education programs for latinos/hispanics in the UK or France. The UK has just instituted a policy that requires prospective immigrants have not only a knowledge of English, but a knowledge of English culture and prospective immigrants MUST pass this test. I've heard Australia has something similar.
    Actually, I do live in So Cal. I admit, I may eventually leave California, but I'm not so fast to give up on America. France is too liberal, the UK is too socialized and Germany has too many of their own issues. Australia is nice, but I don't want to be an Australian. New Zealand is a nice place to live as well.

None of these countries want us there any more than we want the Mexicans, or South and Central Americans here.

The thought of renouncing my citizenship appals me. And, I don't want to be the immigrant (legal or otherwise) in somebody else's country. I'm American and proud of it.

Actually, I do live in So Cal. I admit, I may eventually leave California, but I'm not so fast to give up on America. France is too liberal, the UK is too socialized and Germany has too many of their own issues. Australia is nice, but I don't want to be an Australian. New Zealand is a nice place to live as well.

None of these countries want us there any more than we want the Mexicans, or South and Central Americans here.

The thought of renouncing my citizenship appals me. And, I don't want to be the immigrant (legal or otherwise) in somebody else's country. I'm American and proud of it.
    At least you know what I'm talking about then. I'm talking about a broken primary educational system that can't teach anybody anything because they're wasting all their funds on bilingual spanish education programs. I'm talking about non-latino high school students who live in fear at majority latino high schools (if anyone wants proof of this I can cite several examples in Long Beach, CA) I'm talking about possibly the largest city (in terms of population) in the US that has the FEWEST per capita operational emergency rooms in the ENTIRE US. I'm talking about cities that are overrun w/latino gangsters. I'm talking about private/public jobs in which speaking Spanish FLUENTLY is a requirement.

You would have to be crazy to WANT to stay here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456