Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If any of this is true, this is moving way too fast for me. What Im wondering about is the legitamacy of the website. What "organization" is this?

Content copyright © 2008 by Obama-Biden Transition Project, a 501c(4) organization
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthewcloseborders
    With close to a super majority and a super majority with the rino's in the GOP. On top of this at least 2 supreme court judges retiring, I would not say it is not happening. It may happen based on that.

Really? i want to see them try and enforce it........
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Wait... How is this a bad thing again?

When was helping out your community ever a bad thing?? In terms of classroom corps,I believe volunteering your time and, say, helping tutor kids in elementary or high school is just what we need for our schools. The government can't always provide extra help around the classroom, so this is the chance for us, the people, to do what the government can't and help make the public school system better! If you're gonna waste your time partying and drinking, college students may as well put that time to good use and help out.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye88

When was helping out your community ever a bad thing?? In terms of classroom corps,I believe volunteering your time and, say, helping tutor kids in elementary or high school is just what we need for our schools. The government can't always provide extra help around the classroom, so this is the chance for us, the people, to do what the government can't and help make the public school system better! If you're gonna waste your time partying and drinking, college students may as well put that time to good use and help out.
    This will be forced my friend to get a degree in college or anyother even a old man; Marxist nations do this kind of stuff. In will be put down your throat if you don't want to do it. Obama will force you to do that. He is a Hugo Chavez. LIKE FREEDOM EAGLEEYE?
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

EagleEye88 wrote,

How many conservitives will be asked to help in history class? Will consevitives be able to help in social service areas? Will Christians be able to sit with students and discuss health issues? Think of the lawsuits even if they were included. This is a liberal agenda with liberal aims. The list of suitors will be well monitored. There will be a litmus test for most volunteer activities reguarding help in the schools. JMHO

Misplaced "Goodwill"

Eagle Eye. Here is the basic problem with your premise. Your thought that "helping out your community" is noble, and indeed, admirable. However, that is where all similarities with a good thing ends. America is not built upon, nor predicated upon a need for the Government to require more funds, more time, or more service from its citizens. The last thing America needs is, more finger pointing from a government that cannot see its way clear to perform the most basic of functions. The government has very defined roles granted it in that little document called the "Constitution". Your premise is not one of them. As a matter of fact, Schools are not one of the functions alluded to in the Constitution. The failure of the school system is demonstrated time and again by the sloppy, slovenly, lazy english which is expelled from peoples mouths. "Myself and my friend are going to the store" is NOT proper grammar. Yet, all we want to hear in this country is how well we are doing. It is said by some that ALL who compete, and try are worthy of trophies, and a good pat on the back. Yet, this is nonsense. America did not rise to the pinnacle to which she has risen without BEING FIRST, and BEING FREE. There is no doubt that government schools have failed our children, our nation, and our way of life by impementing social change, and forcing liberalism as its religion, and way of thinking, down ALL of our throats. What MUST occur is a complete restructuring of schools requiring students to master the language of the land, and understanding the documentation governing it. What you are professing sounds good, and feels all squishy good. However, in ALL laws this nation is burdened with, it began as feel good legislation, and wound up being severly limiting, and tyrannical in its end state. Dont believe it? Just look at Taxes, Regulation, The "Environmental Protection Agency", and the list goes on and on. How long before a Government worker with a bad comb-over makes it MANDATORY to do what you are offering as a solution? With the history of Government I have seen, just about 5 years. No sir, I want no part in ANY Government TELLING me I am "VOLUNTOLD" for anything, noble or otherwise. Thats part of what this site is about, getting the darn government to do its job, in accordance with the rules and regulations established by the Constitution. This country has a RIGHT, and a moral obligation to exist, and determine who may enter, who may live here, and who may visit here, without those same people DEMANDING from us, our way of life, on THEIR terms. Try and keep the liberal policies; as for me, I will fight to the death to protect MY country, and OUR freedoms from ANY enemies, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC!! THATS why being FORCED to HELP your community is a bad thing.
    "I'm An American, and I'm PISSED OFF!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    National Honor Society already mandates 20-100 community service hours (UNPAID) from its members in middle and high school.

I wish him luck with forcing recipients of welfare and illegal aliens to volunteer their time.
    National Honor Society is a voluntary membership.

The Hilter Youth were also required to perform mandatory community service. And they were very big proponents of environmental issues.

This is unconstitutional. We outlawed slavery with the 13th Amendment. The only citizens who can be forced to work without pay are people who are guilty of crimes.

Do you think they'll count border patrolling as time served?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye88

Real volunteering is not mandatory.

This is slavery.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    If any of this is true, this is moving way too fast for me. What Im wondering about is the legitamacy of the website. What "organization" is this?

Content copyright © 2008 by Obama-Biden Transition Project, a 501c(4) organization

This is what scares me the most. He can't even wait until he is elected to start running his game.

This is not a government site, even though it is in the government domain. Domain name protocols specifically prevent private firms, which a 501(c)4 is, from owning .gov domain names, yet here's Obama's page.

It gets better. They're hosting the physical offices in federal offices.

Almost all the text there is taken from his campaign website. There's not much new information here.

Does anybody really *not* think that this site isn't going to be used for fundraising purposes?

We now have private findraising blatantly in federal space, and the guy isn't even officially the President Elect yet. (He's actually the presumptive president elect, because the electoral college hasn't voted and had Congress certify the vote.)

Exactly! Volunteering should be voluntary, not forced. Schools have tons of clubs who are known for their community service, there is no need to force students to do so.

I like the Habitat for Humanity model, where sweat equity is required of the recipient. If volunteers do all the work, where is the incentive for the recipients to do their share?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast