Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

he, the almighty, will not make me nor my children do anything!!! It is up to us as citizens to decide where we put our money, time and effort. I will never be told to 'volunteer.'

He can forget it!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Exactly! Volunteering should be voluntary, not forced. Schools have tons of clubs who are known for their community service, there is no need to force students to do so.
    I live in 'Katrina Country'. I was absolutely amazed at the number of people from all over our country who came down here to volunteer help and provide services to those devastated by Hurricane Katrina. There were church groups, secular groups, individuals etc. Some stayed for months. Moreover, there was little or no housing down here. Most of these wonderful people not only sacrificed their time and effort to help, but also had to live in tent cities through the winter of 2005-2006. Granted, we don't get ice and snow, but it is damp and cold in January. This type of volunteerism comes from the heart, and not by government mandate.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

What about all the Americans who are already volunteering their time to serve the community? My family members already do. We are not going to stop do what we think is important to do different volunteer work the government wants.

But it will be good to see many of his self-absorbed College supporters do this volunteer work. Hey, they can help change the diapers on anchor babies!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ya know, my greatuncle risked getting executed as a traitor since he was first generation born here in America, and was sent Europe , and had he been captured by the Wehrmacht or especially the S.S., it would have been all over. He did this and risked this so that we wouldn't have to "gooseschtep to any would be dictator!

I think it's time to dig out those old banned WWII cartoons like I have collected over the years and start running them again. Along with the old propaganda films and comedies, and then take a good look at ourselves.

Definition of volunteer: "A person who voluntarily undertakes or expresses a willingness to undertake a service....to offer or bestow voluntarily <volunteer one's services>." What benefit is there in "volunteering"....if you are forced to do it. I don't think this will go over too well with Americans who are use to having the freedom to make their own choices. If you take a toy away from a baby...it will scream!! Americans may not be interested in what's going on in the world or in politics...but take freedom of choice away from them...and they will scream!!! On the other hand....Obama may be doing Americans and our country a favor by removing their choices....it would finally wake them up and force them into action!!

F that!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye88
    Wait... How is this a bad thing again?

When was helping out your community ever a bad thing?? In terms of classroom corps,I believe volunteering your time and, say, helping tutor kids in elementary or high school is just what we need for our schools. The government can't always provide extra help around the classroom, so this is the chance for us, the people, to do what the government can't and help make the public school system better! If you're gonna waste your time partying and drinking, college students may as well put that time to good use and help out.
    Real volunteering is not mandatory.

This is slavery.

Exactly Right, plus this has more to do with indoctrinating kids into political agenda.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

This must be getting around FAST! Rush was talking about it today. This is indentured servitude at it's finest.

As for me and my house-we will NOT serve Ocommie!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Im already going into assault mode here, emails, phone numbers i'm prepping up. Glad i updated my towers, a few thousand emails will go out tommorow
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye88
    Wait... How is this a bad thing again?
    EagleEye88 is a troll.

Don't feed the trolls.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast