Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Paul wants you to believe that trading with tyrannical regimes like Cuba is good for American consumers and the Cuban people. He is dead-wrong on both counts.

No one said they were better - just wonder why Cuba is always singled out and why our country refuses to trade with Cuba but with many other cruel regimes.

We couldn't begin to enrich communism by trading with Cuba as we do by trading with China.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Free trade is free trade.. no restriction on either side.. what we have now is NOT free trade.. that is what he means.. TRUE FREE TRADE.. That is how I see it anyways...
    Well, Paul's position is that we need to unilaterally eliminate our tariffs. As I said earlier, this means that we dump all of our tariffs, while allowing China to keep their 25% industrial tariff in place. I see no plan to negotiate for China to eliminate, or even lower their tariffs. Paul does not believe their should be reciprocity in our trade relationships. Free trade in and of itself to be our sole trading goal -- not balence, reciprocity, and mutuality -- words often used by Lou Dobbs. Other countries tariffs should be none of our business, we just need to dump ours apparently......
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=140

If one truly believes in free trade, one never argues a need for reciprocity or bureaucratic management of trade.

See you at the signing!!

Last night Paul was on Glenn Beck...Beck asked him if he abolished the IRS how would we pay for government, he said you would cut all unnessary programs and pay for the rest with tariffs, like we did in the early part of the century.

Also charging tariffs will creat jobs in America as so many Manufacturers will not go out of the country and have to pay the teriff to get their goods back into the U,S,

He also said that unfair trade has to stop (example) we pay 25% China pays 2% .

I am for dumping the incompetent IRS and the wastfull spending like the bill passed yesterday in congress, the waste keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Someone tell me of another canidate who is willing or talking about real meaningful changes in this country, that we are in dire need of.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I fear we will, once again, elect a PResident based on sound bites, looks, and buzz words.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm amazed that Paul would say that, considering that everything on his web-site regarding trade is extremely anti-tariff. As I quoted earlier, he has said that unilateral elimination of our tariffs (again, China keeping theirs) would be a good thing for America. His site has nothing but negative things to say about tariffs.

See you at the signing!!

I haven't read his stance on trade - but I doubt he means that we will end our tariffs and still do business with people who don't.

So let's keep the same suicidal trade deals we have now????

You know, this constant hacking at Ron Paul really isn't doing us any good.

There are some of us who support him = but would also support the other two candidates.

Personally, I have plenty of disagreements with Hunter - but I'm not going to sit here day after day after day and posting things that can be construed one way or another.

If we all just hack away, bash away at one of the three candidates that will help us with immigration, we will have destroyed the only candidates that will help us - and/or those that can keep the debate going on this.

This is getting a little strange - really it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    He also said that unfair trade has to stop (example) we pay 25% China pays 2% .

Where was this said?

RuPaul can set ants on fire with a magnifying glass. At night......

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I haven't read his stance on trade - but I doubt he means that we will end our tariffs and still do business with people who don't.
    http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=412

We don’t need government agreements to have free trade. We merely need to lower or eliminate taxes on the American people, without regard to what other nations do. Remember, tariffs are simply taxes on consumers. Americans have always bought goods from abroad; the only question is how much our government taxes us for doing so. As economist Henry Hazlitt explained, tariffs simply protect politically-favored special interests at the expense of consumers, while lowering wages across the economy as a whole. Hazlitt, Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, Murray Rothbard, and countless other economists have demolished every fallacy concerning tariffs, proving conclusively that unilateral elimination of tariffs benefits the American people. We don’t need CAFTA or any other international agreement to reap the economic benefits promised by CAFTA supporters, we only need to change our own harmful economic and tax policies. Let the rest of the world hurt their citizens with tariffs; if we simply reduce tariffs and taxes at home, we will attract capital and see our economy flourish.

So let's keep the same suicidal trade deals we have now????
    Nobody is advocating that.

If we all just hack away, bash away at one of the three candidates that will help us with immigration, we will have destroyed the only candidates that will help us - and/or those that can keep the debate going on this.

This is getting a little strange - really it is.
    Strange? I believe it is information sharing. In fact, I am sharing information from Ron Paul's own site. I have repeatedly linked to the man's site so people can get a better understanding of his views on trade. Don't you want to know where he stands trixie? Is it better to not know these things before voting for him? Isn't it better that you know?

See you at the signing!!

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast