Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Votes against using the military at the border are perfectly in line with the Constitution and it's restrictions against it. Posse Comitatus and all that.

Votes against the Real ID also are in line with his position that the Federal government has NO RIGHT to track it's citizens like cattle.

I don't agree with his H1b votes, but back before the bubble burst there was a certain amount of legitimacy to big business's claim that they needed more workers. I doubt he would vote that way TODAY.

I don't agree with his 245(i) votes either, but I do agree with the other votes as mentioned above.

MW
    PineStrawGuys wrote:

Votes against using the military at the border are perfectly in line with the Constitution and it's restrictions against it. Posse Comitatus and all that.
    Not really. The statute prohibits federal military personnel from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress.

Excerpt:

[quote]History

The original 1878 Posse Comitatus Act was indeed passed with the intent of removing the Army from domestic law enforcement. Posse comitatus means “the power of the county,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail

I just can't get on board with the "islofascistislamonazi" talk, nor can I buy the rhetoric of some here, that 'FREE TRADE' is bad.
    Who is saying that free trade is bad?

Tell me, what's free about trading with countries that have,

A. Controlled economies

B. No democratic process

Paul wants you to believe that trading with tyrannical regimes like Cuba is good for American consumers and the Cuban people. He is dead-wrong on both counts.

If Cuba had a true free market economy-which wouldn't happen, since the Castros have ALWAYS been Communist despots who suck the blood of the Cuban people-and allowed Cuban businesses and individuals to trade freely in goods and services, then I would consider supporting dropping American trade sanctions. As it is, all that doing away with sanctions would accomplish would be to enrich Castro and his small clique of hypocritical Bolshevik cronies.

Also, why should we even consider trading with a country like Burma?

Give me one good reason why we shouldn't do everything we can, economically, politically and diplomatically, to strangle SLORC-including pressuring the PRC and other ASEAN nations to end trade immediately-and wrest its grip on power?

You won't be able to.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    Real ID doesn't protect us from anything.

It subjects us to the overreaching power of the government.

There's a thread on it in other topics that covers it quite thoroughly.

You should read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    And their is a huge difference between free trade and fair trade.
    Trade is important to this country, especially is we can get back some manufacturing jobs in this country.
    Where has ROn Paul said Fair Trade? I have only heard TRUE FREE TRADE from him
    Free trade is free trade.. no restriction on either side.. what we have now is NOT free trade.. that is what he means.. TRUE FREE TRADE.. That is how I see it anyways...
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

pinestrawguys I don't know why he voted against soldiers on the border - but we have used them before.

During WWII, we had troops on the border, as a matter of fact, we had troops guarding one bridge, I know of, quite a few miles inland. My father was stationed on the border and also did some guard duty on the bridge inland.

The idea that we couldn't use troops to guard an international border has never made sense to me.

Just me, but I believe our border is the first and most important place we should have troops.

Why do we always hear how we shouldn't trade with Cuba - it is so awful - yet we are giving this country away to China.

We are trading with Vietnam. WE do business with despotic rulers and regimes all over the world - why do we always, always determine that somehow Cuba is the worst of the worst. It makes no sense.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WOW, that bill is picking up co-sponsors fast...great news!!!

------------ "RED ALERT" ------------------
    ACTIVIST PLEASE TAKE ACTION!!! NOW!! 12/19
    HUCKABEE/GILCHRIST

Link to information and Instructions!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-94878.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Earlier today someone told me that Hunter has never done a thing to get rid of anchor babies, BUT Ron Paul just introduced a bill to do that!!

More of Paul's inconsistency. He's late to this game and until recently could have cared less.

Hunter has been trying to end Anchor babies since the early 90's. Was Ron Paul co sponsoring all these? The answer is NO. I didn't check EVERY anchor baby bill, but Ron missed ALL the ones I did check. Still waiting for someone to show us his ONE accomplishment.

HUNTER:

2007: Cosponsoring H.R. 1940 to end birthright citizenship Rep. Hunter is a cosponsor of H.R. 1940 to eliminate birthright citizenship, the process that automatically grants citizenship to the estimated 250,000 U.S.-born children of illegal aliens each year.

2005-2006: Cosponsored H.R. 3938 to end birthright citizenship Rep. Hunter was a cosponsor of H.R. 3938 to eliminate birthright citizenship, the process that automatically grants citizenship to the estimated 250,000 U.S.-born children of illegal aliens each year.

2005-2006: Cosponsored H.R. 698 to eliminate anchor baby citizenship H.R. 698 is a bill to deny citizenship to U.S.-born babies of illegal aliens. H.R. 698 would end the automatic granting of U.S. citizenship to more than 300,000 anchor babies born to illegal-alien mothers in the United States each year.

2005-2006: Working to end anchor baby citizenship through membership in the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus During the 109th Congress, Rep. Hunter was a member of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus that seeks to end the practice of granting automatic U.S. citizenship to the children born to illegal aliens in the U.S.

2003-2004: Cosponsored H.R. 1567 to eliminate anchor baby citizenship H.R. 1567 was a bill to deny citizenship to babies of illegal aliens. H.R. 1567 would have ended the automatic granting of U.S. citizenship to more than 200,000 'anchor babies born to illegal-alien mothers in the United States each year. [CO sponsors here: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-698. Surprise---NO RON PAUL!)

2003-2004: Worked to reduce anchor baby citizenship through membership in the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus Rep. Hunter was a member of the 108th Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus that worked to deny U.S. citizenship to the children born to illegal alien mothers in the United States.

1999: Co-sponsored H.R.73, legislation to stop rewarding illegal alien mothers by giving citizenship to their babies. H.R.73, the Bilbray bill, would deny U.S. citizenship to more than 200,000 "anchor babies" born in the United States each year to illegal immigrants. [NOPE--Ron Paul didn't co sponsor this one either! http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h106-73]

1997: Co-sponsored bill to reduce anchor baby citizenship Rep. Hunter co-sponsored H.R. 7, a bill to end the practice of granting automatic citizenship to babies born to illegal aliens in the U.S. Once citizens, these babies (some 200,000 a year) can then serve as a magnet for their relatives to immigrate to the U.S.[http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...ll=h105-7---NO RON PAUL!!]

1995-96: Co-sponsored legislation to reduce anchor baby citizenship. Rep. Hunter co-sponsored H.R.1363. This legislation would have stopped the granting of U.S. citizenship to babies born to illegal aliens in the United States. It would have prevented almost two million anchor babies of illegal aliens from being granted U.S. citizenship, and all the ensuing benefits, over a 10-year period. [http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h104-1363 -- NO RON PAUL!!)

1993-94: Co-sponsored legislation to reduce illegal-alien anchor baby citizenship Rep. Hunter co-sponsored H.R.3862. That bill would have reduced illegal immigration by eliminating one of the major incentives for illegal immigration by halting the granting of U.S. citizenship to babies born to illegal-alien mothers in the United States. H.R. 3862 would have significantly lowered legal immigration levels, thereby removing one of the major magnets for illegal immigration.

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &VIPID=133
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Banned
    LOL... Better late than never...LOL

Who here is saying that the PRC, or Vietnam, is better than Cuba?

I don't think anyone who's criticizing Paul supported PNTR status for the Chicoms, or selling them dual-use technology, or normalizing relations with that Communist autocracy in what was formerly known as Indochina. If that's the position of people who are criticizing Paul then it's news to me. The free trade folks still haven't answered my question, "what possible reason can you give for dropping sanctions against Burma (Myanmar)?

And saying that the federal government can't guard our Southern border is simply absurd. One of the clearly delineated powers of the government is to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignity of the United States. If you said we can't send troops to round day laborers hanging out in the middle of parking lots near Home Depot or Lowe's, then perhaps this would be a substantive critique, but there's nothing that prevents the government from defending our borders and ports of entry.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast