Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Imus cannot be compared with rappers.

I made a mistake because I am not a listener of rap music, but my grandson enlightened me on some of the lyrics. I grew up in a neighbor where “hos” were actual “hos.” Their lives were intertwined with family and friends. Rappers sing about their lives and “hos,” pimps, gangs, drugs and cops are a part of their live. Other entertainers and comedian do the same. Songs are about their lives. Comedian create jokes about their lives. Hos are real, drugs and gangs are real they rap about it and they sell CDs and they make lots of money. What else are they to rap about if this is their lives.
    They are not degrading or being disrespecting their women. A ho is a ho, but you never referrer to a woman who was not a “ho” a “ho.” But at the same time many mothers, sisters and daughters were “hos.” I’ve lived the past 30 years in Nevada where prostitution is legal and knew many “hos.” Many were taking care of families, friends and putting themselves through school I never met a “ho” I did not like and respect. I once shared an apartment with a “ho” and she was the best room mate I ever had. I understand why rappers would sing about things they was so much a part of their lives. Imus did not know the women he call “nappy headed hos.” Beside being disrespective he was stereo-typing which is racist, that black women are naturally “hos” and the accusation that he was doing what lot of people were doing is not true. Rapper refer to “hos” as “hos.”
    I don’t believe the Rutger girls really accepted his apology. I believe it was just a public relations thing. I would accept his apology when hell freeze over because I don’t believe his apology was sincere. Imus has a long pattern of abusive speech. I listen to his show and have complained for years. I cannot understand how he have lasted this long.
    Doing good deeds don’t give you the right to speak in the manner Imus have about people.

People spoke well of Jesus and did great thing in his name, but he said I never knew you, you hypocrites.

Banned
    Imus is a 'radio personality', a 'shock jock', a 'comedian'.

What he said was insensitive and politically incorrect, but hardly different from what any other 'comedian' says. I've watched the 'Comedy Nights' at the Apollo on BET and have heard FAR WORSE than 'nappy-headed ho'.

Why do you insist on a double standard?

Dyehard39,

Tune into comedy central, and you can hear all kinds of honky, and whitey and cracker statements, but this is fine. But if anybody uses a considered slanderous remark towards people of color, then the big guns come out and ruin people's lives.

There is a double standard, and it needs to stop. Either let it rip on all sides, or stop the insults all the way around. And this goes for the music industry too. I didn't know how far rap had degenerated over the years. I was turned off by it back in the 80's when they talked about killin" cops, and all that crap, and haven't listened since then. Never really was my thing.

I'm as open minded about things as you can get, until reason goes out the window. And all this hyper-sensativity that is directed oneway is very unreasonable. It needs to be a two way street. Or it' in itself is degradatingly racist.

There definitely is a double standard at play here. Christians, "rednecks" are regularly insulted and nobody cares. I don't like what Imus said, but I think we really need to be careful about silencing people because they say something which is deemed "offensive." Nobody has an absolute right to not be offended. This just opens up a whole can of worms for everyone to try to shut people up when they don't like what they hear. Right now I'm thinking back to the George Lopez comedy routine. Maybe his career should be ended, too? Who will be next? When does it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Dyehard39,

Tune into comedy central, and you can hear all kinds of honky, and whitey and cracker statements, but this is fine. But if anybody uses a considered slanderous remark towards people of color, then the big guns come out and ruin people's lives.

There is a double standard, and it needs to stop. Either let it rip on all sides, or stop the insults all the way around. And this goes for the music industry too. I didn't know how far rap had degenerated over the years. I was turned off by it back in the 80's when they talked about killin" cops, and all that crap, and haven't listened since then. Never really was my thing.

I'm as open minded about things as you can get, until reason goes out the window. And all this hyper-sensativity that is directed oneway is very unreasonable. It needs to be a two way street. Or it' in itself is degradatingly racist.
    The use of racially derogatory comments on Comedy Central is bad enough coming out of the mouths of any so called comedian no matter what race he/she happens to be, but as a man who interviews potential presidents Imus should not have denegrated himself to the level of a bunch of thugs and gang bangers masquerading as "artists". At the end of the day rap has been allowed to exist for way too long and should have been banned decades ago. On the other hand White record executives (and Bob Johnson of BET) kept it alive so that they could enrich their financial coffers. Just as Imus has been allowed to remain on the airwaves for decades despite numerous racial slurs and hateful statements of Jews and Blacks while lining the pockets of media executives.

There is no defense for what Imus said about the women of Rutgers, who have nothing to do with entertainment nor are they public figures. They were victimized simply because of their ethnicity therein lies the problem. There is enough racially motivated hatred and divisiveness in this country without the Imus' of the public airwaves fanning the flames.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Banned
    What Imus said was off-the-cuff and not likely premeditated. It was a stupid and senseless comment and a lame attempt a spontaneous humor. I do not defend th e comment in any way shape or form.

The disgusting verbiage presented by rappers to our children and young people, on the other hand, is CLEARLY premeditated. The lyrics are written, assimilated into a composition, recorded and disseminated. These works are every bit as unaccepatable and offensive as the comments made by Imus, but they ALSO are being put into the public domain with unquestionable will and intent.

You're right. The comments by Imus cannot be compared to rap music because the gangsta rap is not only offensive but reflects a mindset that is accepted by its intended audience, while the mindset revealed by Imus is not accepted by his intended audience. That is why rap is so much more dangerous and insidious.

You know what?

CHANGE THE DAMNED CHANNEL!

Stop trying to censor people or it will come around the back end and bite you in your ass when you least expect it.

Parents should be taking responsibility from the get go and this mess would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. Rather than this PC, let the government take care of you attitude!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How can a man lose his job over a stupid comment, when society condones, allows and encourages murder, crime, rape and drugs?

Why isn't Mr Sharpton worried about the girl who falsley accused the Duke Lacrosse team of rape? Where is their apology? Why isn't she suffering any consequences? I believe the coach was forced to resign. Why isn't the black community outraged about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    How can a man lose his job over a stupid comment, when society condones, allows and encourages murder, crime, rape and drugs?

Why isn't Mr Sharpton worried about the girl who falsley accused the Duke Lacrosse team of rape? Where is their apology? Why isn't she suffering any consequences? I believe the coach was forced to resign. Why isn't the black community outraged about that?
    You mean that RACIST PIG who takes money from his FLOCK and socks it away for his own big living expenses?

You mean that RACIST PIG who has no problem SCREWING HIS OWN FLOCK while helping to murder people?

Noooooo, you can't mean that RACIST piece of lying flesh, can you?

Oh, BTW, what girl who falsely accused the Duke kids?
    Didn't you know? She was a poor, misguided ho, strip dancer who'd had sex with MULTIPLE guys within a short time of stripping so why the hell BLAME HER? I mean, she's an innocent lamb who received a SCHOLORSHIP from that other RACIST pig, Jackson.

But, by all means, let's let the ambulance chasing, Rev AL SLIP SHADY SHARPTON remain on his radio show!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast