Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Comedians like Jeff Foxworthy make jokes about rednecks and it is not racist.
    But if Foxworthy made jokes about blacks or Hispanics THAT would be racist, right?
    Mancia make joke about Hispanics and they are not racist.
    Carlos Mencia makes jokes about 'gringos' all the time. Black comedians make jokes about 'crackers' all the time.

But NONE of that is racist?

There goes that double standard again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    DYE
    something is very strange here with your posts.

YOU are supporting the very people who are trying to get AMNESTY for ILLEGALS.

Hadn't you heard? Sharpton and Jackson are pushing for AMNESTY.

Do you have an agenda here, Dye? Do you not see your hypocrisy?

Taking out your race baiting attempts, let's get back to AMNESTY.
    Anyone who supports those who supprt AMNESTY for ILLEGALS definitely is suspect, imho.

Amnesty is one thing and racism is another. I am not supporting Sharpton or Jackson and never did.

What I am hearing is that it is ok to have x rated movies but not x rated music. If you don’t see the difference between “foul” language, “stupid remarks” and “racist remarks", then we have a big problem in this country. Stupid things can be said about different races of people and still not be racist. People make stupid remarks, like Rush, about women, black women and liberals but there are not racist. Foul language is used in movies and by some comedians and rappers. But nappy headed ho said by a white man about a group of black women is racist and not stupid language. By him thinking it was fully is racist. A rapper calling a ho a ho is a fact.
    Comedians like Jeff Foxworthy make jokes about rednecks and it is not racist. Mancia make joke about Hispanics and they are not racist.

You are right it is time to get back to illegal immigration and lets not make it about race. I have seen a lot of racist remarks about Hispanics or atleast sterotyping.
    We can only go so far on this subject and then it becomes argumentive and no longer have a point.
    Well, I see part of the problem. You have faulty hearing (or reading). No one here even remotely made the comment that it's okay to have x-rated movies but not x-rated music. No one.

For my part, I pointed out the LEGAL distinction between that which goes on in private (such as in a movie theater or a subscription service) versus that which is said in public or on the public airwaves (which the courts have determined to be the same as the public square for the purposes of privacy and of the regulation of content). One is no better than the other in the moral sense.

Doesn't Chris Rock make fun of white people? George Lopez acts like white guys are gay. How is that any different?

I am sick to death about racism, accusations, lawsuits, etc...Why is everyone so vulnerable these days. Back when I was a kid we rode bikes without helmets, weren't afraid of a little mud, and we all didn't get a trophy when we played sports. People are crazy now.

I am willing to bet that you don't watch Madd TV ...that would send you over the edge. The normal people (of all colors) know that it is meant to be funny, but there is a lot of truth in it too. Life is what it is...why lie about it, or pretend that someone is damaged by it for publicity or money? Who is buying all of the "nappy headed ho" merchandise that is for sale, now? I sure hope it isn't any (gasp) black people!!!

And for the record...I am not "white" and don't really care to be called that, but I won't lose any sleep over it either.

I honest do not see how Imus, rappers, Jackson and Sharpton actions are related as racist. But is know very little about Jackson and Sharpton as related to race relations. It’s hard fo me to believe Jackson and Sharpton has any followers or influence over anyone.
    I do know the difference between foul language, stupid remarks, even about races and racist remarks.
    Like I’ve said before, I hear jokes by comedians that is about their own race and other races and yet I do not see them as racist.People pay to hear these jokes and that is what comedians get paid to do. Newscaster or host, whatever, Imus made a racist remark. Most of hose who thought the remarks were racist were not all black. The majority was white. Jackson and Sharpton did not get Imus fired. I would feel the same if the remarks were done by a black host about a group of white athletes. I have heard remarks by black directed to white and they were racist. I do not see how a rapper calling a ho a ho is racist.
    I seem to repeating myself so I will try to stop and listen. I may learn something. I have to admit, I know very little about Jackson and Sharpton. I try not to listen to anything they have to say.

Banned
    I honest do not see how Imus, rappers, Jackson and Sharpton actions are related as racist. But is know very little about Jackson and Sharpton as related to race relations. It’s hard fo me to believe Jackson and Sharpton has any followers or influence over anyone.
    I do know the difference between foul language, stupid remarks, even about races and racist remarks.
    Like I’ve said before, I hear jokes by comedians that is about their own race and other races and yet I do not see them as racist.People pay to hear these jokes and that is what comedians get paid to do. Newscaster or host, whatever, Imus made a racist remark. Most of hose who thought the remarks were racist were not all black. The majority was white. Jackson and Sharpton did not get Imus fired. I would feel the same if the remarks were done by a black host about a group of white athletes. I have heard remarks by black directed to white and they were racist. I do not see how a rapper calling a ho a ho is racist.
    I seem to repeating myself so I will try to stop and listen. I may learn something. I have to admit, I know very little about Jackson and Sharpton. I try not to listen to anything they have to say.
    1) If you review the dialogue, we are not JUST talking about racism. We are talking about unacceptably offensive language. YOU are the one who has narrowed this conversation down to racism. Rappers got included in this conversation, not just by those posting to this site, but in the general commentary surrounding this issue, because many find the horrific lyrics of many rappers to be much more offensive than Imus' remark. Specifically, a number of pundits, among them a number of black female commentators, pointed out the grossly misogynous lyrics of gangsta rap as being at least as worthy of protest and the comments that ignited such a firestorm around Imus.

2) That YOU don't see comments by people like Sharpton or Jackson as racist as offensive or racist or have not heard (as you claim) the comments in question is neither here nor there. There are plenty of Jews in New York who will be more than happy to tell you how racist they found Jackon's remark calling New York "Hymie Town," and that's just one of many such remarks made by these two race baiters. As far as rap artists go, I can't tell you how many times I have heard one or another of them refer to a white guy as a "cracker," and I can assure you that it is not meant as a compliment. Furthermore, I vividly recall situations such as former football great Reggie White's outrageously racist comments in a recorded sermon that would have seen any white person making such comments permanently ostracized. The fact is that racism is a one-way street according to far too many blacks. I have had numerous black activists tell me personally that they "cannot, by definition, be racist because they are the minority," AND THEY APPARENTLY ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT TRIPE. And because the majority is constrained from disabusing them of such absurd notions thanks to the shackles of political correctness, they just keep on believing that, thereby propgating the institution of racism among their own even as they deny its existence.

3) The idea that Sharpton and Jackson have no "followers or influence over anyone," that is patently absurd. Rainbow/PUSH is one of the largest and most influential organizations of its kind. Jackson and Sharpton are de rigeuer interviews any time ANY story arises relating to racism or race relations. It is truly difficult to believe that any American is unaware of their following and their influence.

For information on the shakedown scam that is Rainbow/PUSH, feel free to read this informative article.

I sure do see alot of bickering in this thread. Everyone has opinions and it seems no one is wiling to repsect them. I can see behind each post a hint of the differences of political philosophies. This is bound to happen, however this is not the place for it nor is it productive to our cause. It's beyond me why we must argue about things that get way off of the point of illegal immigration. I'm not totally innocent of this, but I can tell you this, I will no longer engage in an arguement that doesn't directly deal with illegal immigration on this board. It's a waste of time and energy, and it seems that alot of you would do good to do the same. I know at least one of you insists on psycho-analyizing fellow members and finding faults with their opinions when your time could be better spent on contributing to our cause. If this bickering doesn't stop, our members' opinions may one day be something we all wished we could express. Yea, this could be a place to vent, but it seems that it goes too far sometimes. What we all should have in common is our fight against the forces that are working hard to undermine our goals. In other words, this board should be more productive than it is
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    I sure do see alot of bickering in this thread. Everyone has opinions and it seems no one is wiling to repsect them. I can see behind each post a hint of the differences of political philosophies. This is bound to happen, however this is not the place for it nor is it productive to our cause. It's beyond me why we must argue about things that get way off of the point of illegal immigration. I'm not totally innocent of this, but I can tell you this, I will no longer engage in an arguement that doesn't directly deal with illegal immigration on this board. It's a waste of time and energy, and it seems that alot of you would do good to do the same. I know at least one of you insists on psycho-analyizing fellow members and finding faults with their opinions when your time could be better spent on contributing to our cause. If this bickering doesn't stop, our members' opinions may one day be something we all wished we could express. Yea, this could be a place to vent, but it seems that it goes too far sometimes. What we all should have in common is our fight against the forces that are working hard to undermine our goals. In other words, this board should be more productive than it is
    This is the "Other Topics" section, which is why its threads don't deal with illegal immigration. Surely you are aware of this. Feel free to disengage from any thread you don't like or to ignore any poster whose posts you don't like. Otherwise you are simply contributing to the problem you claim to take issue with. I also find it interesting that you presume to have a handle on who is contributing what or to be at liberty to tell members how their own time is best spent. I, for one, will take your comments as an attempt at constructive criticism, but I may or may not accept them as such.

Crocket, something tells me you'd argue with a stop sign. I've said enough on this thread.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Crocket, something tells me you'd argue with a stop sign. I've said enough on this thread.
    No. Stop signs are pithy and make their point without subjecting me to any pretzel logic, justifications or moral equivalency.

MW
    dyehard wrote:

I don’t believe the Rutger girls really accepted his apology. I believe it was just a public relations thing. I would accept his apology when hell freeze over because I don’t believe his apology was sincere.
    It was my understanding that the meeting between Imus and the Rutger girls was private. How did you get in? The only way you could possibly know if the girls actually accepted his apology and whether it was sincere or not is if you were actually there or talked with the girls yourself. Not that I really care, but don't you think you're blowing this all out of proportion? He said some stupid things and initially received a two week suspension for his actions. Personally, I think the suspension and private apology should have been punishment enough. Just my opinion.

For the record, I don't listen to Imus and never cared much for him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast