Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: "Obamanation."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    ‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 199 Times in Speech Vowing Unilateral Action

cnsnews.com
    Not counting instances when he quoted a letter from a citizen or cited dialogue from a movie, President Barack Obama used the first person singular--including the pronouns "I" and "me" and the adjective "my"--199 times in a speech he delivered Thursday vowing to use unilateral executive action to achieve his policy goals that Congress would not enact through the normal, constitutional legislative process.

“It is lonely, me just doing stuff,” Obama said at the speech in Austin, Texas,according to the official transcript and video posted on the White House website.

“I’m just telling the truth now,” Obama told the crowd. “I don't have to run for office again, so I can just let her rip. And I want to assure you, I’m really not that partisan of a guy.”

video at link below

To prove this, Obama went on to say Abraham Lincoln was his favorite president, and then gave a list of what he called “great Republican presidents”—which included Richard Nixon.

“My favorite president is the first Republican president, a guy named Abraham Lincoln,” Obama said. “You look at our history, and we had great Republican presidents who--like Teddy Roosevelt started the National Park System, and Dwight Eisenhower built the Interstate Highway System, and Richard Nixon started the EPA.”

The White House presented Obama’s speech, which the president delivered at Austin’s Paramount Theatre, as “Remarks by the President on the Economy.” The remarks, the White House reports, ran 40 minutes, and the full transcript (including annotations for “laughter” and “applause”) is more than 5,500 words.

By contrast, President Abraham Lincoln’s Gettyburg Address was only 272 words--and did not include any form of the first person singular.
    In President Obama’s speech, he used a first person singular, on average, every 12 seconds. At that rate, had Obama spoken for just 15 more minutes, he would have used the first person singular more than 272 times in one speech—exceeding all the words in the Gettysburg Address.
    In one 68-word passage--in which he vowed to act unilaterally if Congress did not enact legislation he liked--Obama used the first person singular five more times than the zero times Lincoln used it in his 272 words at Gettysburg......

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/terence-p-jeffrey/i-me-my-obama-uses-first-person-singular-199-times-speech-vowing

- See more at: http://thedailysmug.blogspot.com/201....UJQRE0EN.dpuf

Aren't we all impressed with this Turkey!!!!! Not sure about all of you... BUT... I am about as impressed with this one, as the past 4,5,or 6, past administrations!!! Each one is worse than the previous ones!!

Banned

Banned

Banned
    Mr. President the World is in Chaos Shouldn't You be doing Something about it Besides Attending Fundraisers?

Richard Anthony 47 mins ago

Yes, the world certainly is in a state chaos right now. Israel is involved in a ground war against Hamas, there is an emergence of a terrorist state in Iraq and Syria. Boko Haram is thumbing its nose and laughing at the hashtag Twitter campaign to '#Bring Back Our Girls.' The Russians have just shot down a civilian airliner that may have had over 20 Americans on board. And finally, our southern border is under assault from thousands of illegal aliens. Mr. Obama, shouldn't you have your skinny butt in the Oval Office , at least trying to do something about all of this besides attending the never-ending cavalcade of fund raisers to help your political party ?

To say that Barack Obama is in over his head right now, is an understatement to say the least.

So while the moronic Secretary of State John Kerry prepares to give away the farm to the Iranians, they come just that much closer to obtaining nuclear weapons. All the while, the Iranians are supplying the terror group Hamas with money and weapons to fight Israel. It seems to this journalist, that the Obama administration doesn't have the first clue as what to do about all of this. All the time, while this is going on all over the planet, Eric Holder's DOJ is investigating an old veteran, all because of a parade float done in poor taste. But, to be fair to our vaulted Attorney General, he has his own problems with congress, just like the president.

I wonder, are there any competent men and women in our government right now that realize the severity of what is happening?

What truly angers me the most is that President Obama's total lack of involvement in any of the events going on all over the planet right now. I realize that his training as a community organizer didn't exactly prepare him for his current job. But he should have, at the very least, cancelled his never ending fund raisers and come back to Washington to get a handle regarding Malaysian Airlines flight 17 that was shot down on Thursday. It shows a total lack of competency and leadership on his part (not to mention incredibly bad taste), to continue his fund raising after such a catastrophic event!

Meantime, events in the Middle East could very well escalate and possibly drag the world into World War 3. But, let's not be too hard on our poor president. After all, it's not his fault former President Bush did leave him quite a mess to clean-up. So, all of this really isn't his fault.

What a load of horse dung!

Hey Barry...it's time to man-up and start earning your damn paycheck! The only thing our president is qualified to do is panhandle! The world is not a more "tranquil place" right now. Because of the "crisis on the border" (that, I might add that Obama created), the U.S. itself is almost in a state of emergency. But what the hell, as long as there is another stupid, rich liberal willing to write a check to the DNC...that's were our president will be.

Is there any doubt about the competency of the "occupier" in the White House anymore?

Well there shouldn't be!

Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/07/mr...SvZsmFA5gMj.99

Fire this a-- wipe!!!

Banned
    NewsBusted 7/18/14

Friday's Video

Wednesday's Video

Banned

Banned
    PRESENTING: THE IDIOTS GUIDE TO STARTING WW3

STEP 1: Wait until the last generation who fought a world war are either all dead, or too old for anyone to care what they think.

STEP 2: Co-opt the mainstream media through corporate control, turning them into a mouthpiece for the regime. Reporters who are politically correct obtain promotion, those who disagree are relegated.

STEP 3: Dumb down your population with "national education standards". Teach them to memorise things parrot-fashion. Be sure to penalise critical/independent thinking.

STEP 4: Identify an adversary. Preferably one that people are familiar with and whom you owe money to - such as Germany, Russia or China.

STEP 5: Start throwing around trade sanctions and protectionist measures, so that both your economy and your adversary's suffers. Make life generally miserable for everyone.

STEP 6: Slowly build up a narrative of alleged misbehaviour by your adversary. This can easily be achieved by destabilising their neighbouring countries by funding and supplying the opposition.

STEP 7: Create a series of false flag attacks, because just one incident might have been "a mistake". Each one more significant than the last. Take full advantage of each one for propaganda purposes.

STEP 8: Having successfully demonised your opponent, start the war in "self defence" to "preserve world peace".

And there you have it, surely even an idiot like #Obama can get this one right....

Banned
    July 21, 2014

Malice, Incompetence, or Malcompetence?

By Russ Vaughan

Every time American Thinker posts am article condemning the incompetence of the Obama administration (as one of mine did recently), the comments sections are rife with contempt for the authors for ascribing to incompetence what to those readers is a truly Machiavellian, leftist scheme to undermine the greatness of America. And every time some reader labels me politically correct (a quite laughable charge as anyone who knows this knuckle-dragger can attest) or politically naïve, I’m reminded of the adage, “Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by ineptitude.”

I’d always heard that was a Napoleon quote but curiosity drove me to a Google search where I learned that the adage actually bears several names, the most recent being Hanlon’s Razor (possibly better known as "Heinlein's Razar"), an obvious play on Occam’s Razor. It is also known as Finagle’s Law of Negative Dynamics or Finagle’s corollary to Murphy’s Law. Older versions of the same theme go back as far as Goethe’s, “…misunderstandings and neglect create more confusion in this world than trickery and malice. At all events the two latter are at less frequent occurrence.” Arthur C. Clarke authored the closely related Grey’s Law: “Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.” And yes, apparently Napoleon did make this same observation regarding human behavior. But my favorite is from Margaret Thatcher’s press secretary, a witty Brit named Bernard Ingham, who phrased it “Cock-up before conspiracy.”

Getting back to the particular incompetent in question, Barack Obama, my own thinking is that many of the cock-ups during his tenure are in fact the products of a ruthless, hard-left, political intent to “fundamentally change America” while rewarding his friends and punishing his enemies. However, these plotstoo frequently turn out to be far less effective than they were intended because of the ineptitude of Obama and his minions in carrying them out. Their programs may well be hatched with a devious Cloward-Piven strategy and goal in mind, but their inability to effectively implement their schemes results in continuing Keystone Kops cock-ups.

Do those of you who attribute all of the Obama scandals solely to malice, honestly believe Obama and Holder wanted Fast and Furious to blow up in their faces? Did Barry and Hilly really want to appear as clueless and unresponsive in Benghazi as subsequent revelations have made them out to be? Or how about the IRS cock-up; don’t you really suppose that they would rather that their heavy hand had not been caught in that cookie jar of corruption? Recall how desperately they tried to keep it contained to Cincinnati. Or how about this VA mess which most certainly does appear to have a Cloward-Piven result, even if unintended? And of course, the most colossal of the cock-ups has to be ObamaCare, which has to be the biggest administrative bungle in the history of bungling. Remember that the Democrats used every trick in their bag to get that bill enacted. And you believe they did that just so they could look like incompetent fools when it rolled out as it did? Was the Supreme Court’s Hobby Lobby decision a product of world-class scheming? Because of that particular, ongoing cock-up, the Democrats may very well lose the Senate this November. It’s difficult to believe that losing control of the Senate and thus imperiling the remainder of the Obama presidency was the planned goal behind the catastrophic rollout of Obamacare.

I do happen to agree that the current mess on the border is an Obama-caused disaster, one with a true Cloward-Piven motive driving it. But once again, their clumsy and imperious implementation is angering far more Americans than it is rallying to the cause of immigration reform. Look who’s coming out of that nasty cock-up looking presidential: Texas Governor, Rick Perry, not that pool-playing fool in the White House.
    Ditto the entire foreign policy scene. Remember sly Barry promising the Russians he’d have more flexibility following his re-election? First he had to live through the embarrassment of being caught on an open mike and cameras selling out his country, but now he has to live with Reset and Red Line jokes and the almost daily embarrassing examples of Vladimir Putin schooling him in the finer points of world strategy before a watching world. Barry’s out on the course practicing his putt while Putin’s putting Russian bases back in Cuba, which constitutes about the biggest diplomatic middle finger one can imagine. Remember that it was Khrushchev’s contempt for the callow John Kennedy that emboldened the Russian leader to begin erecting the Berlin Wall and to position IRBM’s in Cuba back in the 60s. Perhaps you could argue malice is behind this foreign policy bungling but do you really believe Obama wants to be not just the first black president but also the first president ever to be impeached and removed from office?

Do not discount that possibility, for at the rate Obama is alienating Americans, even more and more Democrats, the required two-thirds vote in the Senate to convict on an impeachment charge from the House could be a possibility if the Republicans take the Senate and Obama continues to lose Democrat support as he’s doing now. Too many Democrats may be leftist loons but many working-class Democrats are patriots who do not want to see their country lose its place as a world leader, politically, economically, or militarily. Even some Democrat political leaders will reach a point where they will not sit idly by while their party leader destroys their nation through his incompetence... or malice.

Maybe we should call it malcompetence: incompetence magnified by malevolent intent.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/malice_incompetence_or_malcompetence.html

Banned
    July 21, 2014

President Obama looks like the guy in the office who gave his '2 weeks notice'

By Silvio Canto, Jr.

With all due respect to the office of the presidency, it looks to me more and more like President Obama turned in his "two weeks notice" and is looking forward to the next job.

To be fair, there is nothing wrong with switching jobs or getting frustrated with the difficulties of your current position. My guess is that there were times in the Bush presidency when he'd wished that Gore had won the recount or times when Carter wished that he had never narrowly beaten Ford.

However, I don't recall President Bush, or President Carter or any other president, looking so bored, detached and just totally out of the game. What other conclusion can you come to after watching him last week?

Even the "cultists" are not making excuses anymore!

If President Obama was a ball player the manager would bench him for being in a funk. He might be sent down to the AAA league to get his confidence back!

Last week, a commercial plane was shot down and Israel went into Gaza. Again, I am not expecting the US go to war over this but a little passion and interest is needed.

The world is watching as Clark S Judge wrote from London:
    "The current White House doesn’t understand how US fecklessness in Syria can reverberate to Ukraine, and from there to the South China Sea, and the Americas, and Gaza and elsewhere in the Middle East.
    In all this I have referred to the United States as the primary shaper of world events, which is, in fact, a misleading shorthand. The US is not a superpower so much as the biggest player in a set of super-alliances, the most critical of which is with the UK.
    Since the Second World War, when the US and Britain have been of one mind, liberal values have been secure and even advanced. When either has lost its sense of direction, neither has been nearly so effective.
    The great danger in being the anchor to the global order is that when we lose our way the general peace itself is threatened.
    This is just what we are seeing in theatre after theatre around the world. Perhaps it is time for a key ally like Prime Minister David Cameron to have a friendly talk with the President.
    It is not just American interests that a flailing White House threatens. It is that of peoples everywhere."

Yes, it's time for serious Democrats, and a few GOP leaders, to get together and schedule a little private visit to the Oval Office.

Some one needs to tell President Obama that the world needs a serious man committed to the job, no matter how difficult it gets.
    Perhaps President Obama should considering resigning and letting another person do the job.

It sounds crazy to write these things about a man elected and reelected. At the same time, the US is the world's quarterback. Unfortunately, this QB doesn't have his head in the game and the team is suffering.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/president_obama_looks_like_the_guy_in_the_office_w ho_gave_his_2_weeks_notice.html

Maybe because his head in his thoughts of our Destruction!!!! Wake Up America!!
    Last edited by kathyet2; 07-21-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Banned

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast