Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Old-line Republican warns 'something's in the works....'

Â* Â* Â*

Old-line Republican warns 'something's in the works' to trigger a police state

Raw Story | July 20, 2007
    Muriel Kane

Thom Hartmann began his program on Thursday by reading from a new Executive Order which allows the government to seize the assets of anyone who interferes with its Iraq policies.

He then introduced old-line conservative Paul Craig Roberts -- a former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury under Reagan who has recently become known for his strong opposition to the Bush administration and the Iraq War -- by quoting the "strong words" which open Roberts' latest column : "Unless Congress immediately impeaches Bush and Cheney, a year from now the US could be a dictatorial police state at war with Iran."

"I don't actually think they're very strong," said Roberts of his words. "I get a lot of flak that they're understated and the situation is worse than I say. ... When Bush exercises this authority [under the new Executive Order] ... there's no check to it. It doesn't have to be ratified by Congress. The people who bear the brunt of these dictatorial police state actions have no recourse to the judiciary. So it really is a form of total, absolute, one-man rule. ... The American people don't really understand the danger that they face."

Roberts said that because of Bush's unpopularity, the Republicans face a total wipeout in 2008, and this may be why "the Democrats have not brought a halt to Bush's follies or the war, because they expect his unpopular policies to provide them with a landslide victory in next year's election."

However, Roberts emphasized, "the problem with this reasoning is that it assumes that Cheney and Rove and the Republicans are ignorant of these facts, or it assumes that they are content for the Republican Party to be destroyed after Bush has his fling." Roberts believes instead that Cheney and Rove intend to use a renewal of the War on Terror to rally the American people around the Republican Party. "Something's in the works," he said, adding that the Executive Orders need to create a police state are already in place.

"The administration figures themselves and prominent Republican propagandists ... are preparing us for another 9/11 event or series of events," Roberts continued. "Chertoff has predicted them. ... The National Intelligence Estimate is saying that al Qaeda has regrouped. ... You have to count on the fact that if al Qaeda's not going to do it, it's going to be orchestrated. ... The Republicans are praying for another 9/11."

Hartmann asked what we as the people can do if impeachment isn't about to happen. "If enough people were suspicious and alert, it would be harder for the administration to get away with it," Roberts replied. However, he added, "I don't think these wake-up calls are likely to be effective," pointing out the dominance of the mainstream media.

"Americans think their danger is terrorists," said Roberts. "They don't understand the terrorists cannot take away habeas corpus, the Bill of Rights, the Constitution. ... The terrorists are not anything like the threat that we face to the Bill of Rights and the Constitution from our own government in the name of fighting terrorism. Americans just aren't able to perceive that."

Roberts pointed out that it's old-line Republicans like himself, former Reagan associate deputy attorney general Bruce Fein, and Pat Buchanan who are the diehards in warning of the danger. "It's so obvious to people like us who have long been associated in the corridors of power," he said. "There's no belief in the people or anything like that. They have agendas. The people are in the way. The Constitution is in the way. ... Americans need to comprehend and look at how ruthless Cheney is. ... A person like that would do anything."

Roberts final suggestion was that, in the absence of a massive popular outcry, "the only constraints on what's going to happen will come from the federal bureaucracy and perhaps the military. They may have had enough. They may not go along with it."

Â* Â* Â* Â*
    http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/pol ... _state.htm

The Republicans are praying for another 9/11."
    The tin-foil hat people appear.....

Maybe this article should mention that ALL democratic presidential candidates are pro-amensty which is even worse than what is going on now.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    The Republicans are praying for another 9/11."
    The tin-foil hat people appear.....
    Ah... typical conditioned response.

You know, I don't blame you for that sort of response because that was my response about a year ago. And I still can't quite accept it but I saw a documentary about 9-11 having to do with demolitions. It only deals with facts that a demolition expert presented (who happens to be a right wing conservative) from various sources in the field of demolitions, physics, and that sort of thing. Nothing mumbo jumbo.

It will leave you with your mouth hanging open and an enormous aching in your heart. I still cannot fully accept this outrageous possibility but evil does exist in this world and you'd be a fool to think that any government - even in our wonderful country - would be immune to it.

Look, I watched this documentary with my father. We're not kooks. We're not gullible. We're the most common sense down to earth people you'd ever meet. But we are open minded and after viewing this film, it certainly left many question marks.

I urge everyone to view it and then draw your own conclusions. Don't dismiss something so easily because it might be too painful or incomprehensible. Or because Fox News tells you that it's coming from some Left wing extremists. All I'm suggesting is to open your eyes and think for yourself.

http://www.911weknow.com/911-mysteries-movie.html

I have posted both a copy of the executive order
    and the letter to congress informing them of the
    order under the thread:

Bush is preparing another surprise

The idea that anyone who doesn't accept the government's line on things is a 'conspiracy nut' and simply dismissing any possibility, is one of the things that has allowed this to happen.

These same people one thinks could not possibly do such a thing are the same people that are defending illegal aliens and giving them your hard earned money.

I got those same kind of responses - almost a decade ago when I tried to tell people that our government wanted our country flooded with illegals.
    I was called a conspiracy nut, a racist, an evil person, etc., etc.

People from those same areas that defended the 'poor hardworking people' are now trying to defend themselvs by passing laws against them.

Also to put this in a partisan perspective and thus dismiss it is also playing right into their hands.

They, both sides of the one party, have used this tactic against us for many, many years. They use different rhetoric, they have different pet projects - but the main goal of dismantling America is the aim of both sides of this one party system. There hasn't been a glitch in this agenda since Nixon's term - think about it. It has marched steadily forward with trade agreeements, open borders, outsourcing,

We dismiss this and we make it partisan at our peril.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know whether I can't believe it because it seems so crazy and impossible, or I just don't want to believe it, but my mind tells me that this is not true.

Besides. Al Qaeda admitted to doing it. OBL proudly talks about it.

I don't like it and I feel so angry when I hear this. This is such a serious and dangerous thing for people to accuse our country of doing. I hear politicians, such as that woman in France saying she believes it could be true, just because so many people in the U.S. are so interested in this.

That seems like a pretty pitiful reason to add fuel something like this.

The most that I can bring myself to believe as "possible" would be that possibly our government had so much intelligence information about the plans of Al Qaeda that they pretty much knew that it would happen sooner or later and maybe sooner than later.

And if so many people feel so sure about this than why don't more credible people believe it and claim it to be true?

I just think that 9/11 made the enviroment ripe for "conspiracy theories".

That's my 2 cents.

P.S. It almost seems as though there is a "conspiracy theory" for just about EVERY major thing that has ever happened to our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe it. Now even pilots are joining the cry for 9/11 truth. Credible people, those pilots. Seems the data in the black boxes don't match the official story.

The executive order, is that fantasy? Or is it actually happening? Who let MS-13 in here? Who let the al Queda operatives in here?

Who just rereleased old Osama footage, implying it was a new threat?
    Who has a "gut feeling" we'll be attacked even while the borders were deliberately left open? You know, it really is the ONLY logical explanation for this administration's behavior.

The ONLY way they are able to get away with it is to characterize anyone who sees the truth about what is happening as "conspiracy nuts". Lucky for them, there are still plenty of Americans who cannot accept the idea of an American president deliberately damaging his own people. These loyal people will probably continue making excuses for the president's actions even after the executive orders remove our constitutional rights.

We have been betrayed. We are being betrayed. The open borders while we supposedly have a "war on terrorism" is simply NOT LOGICAL.

The recent uprising of the American people to defeat the amnesty is the first ray of hope I have seen that this administration is not completely able to override the will of the people YET, But the brother speaks the truth - all it will take is the executive order to establish Bush as the dictator he has already shown that he wants to be. Remember his grandfather was a Nazi collaborator. Don't underestimate the lessons learned at a grandfather's knee.

I hope the forward momentum gained by the amnesty win will put the American majority in an offensive rather than defensive mood. But I'm not so sure that Americans won't be lulled back to sleep by their comforts. And the aversion to being known as "conspiracy nuts" and "racists"
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...oldfootage.htm
    Proof Bin Laden Tape Is 5-Year-Old, Re-Released Footage
    Why did IntelCenter, the middleman between "Al-Qaeda" and the media, a group that has government and Pentagon ties, re-release old footage and why did the media report it as new when it had already aired twice before?
    Paul Joseph Watson
    Prison Planet
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A videotape that was heralded as "new" footage of Osama bin Laden by many quarters of the press has been conclusively proven to be more than 5 year old re-released footage, leading to questions about why the government and the media continue to act as willing propagandists for the terrorists while striking fear into Americans by claiming an attack is inevitable.

Though some reports included the proviso that the tape could contain old footage, the importance and ceremony attached to the re-release of the Bin Laden tape over the weekend left the distinct impression that the footage was new and that it correlated with the alleged increase of "chatter" amongst terrorist organizations indicating that a new attack is imminent, a message that was again pushed by the U.S. government following the release of the National Intelligence Estimate yesterday.

In reality, the tape was being released for the third consecutive time, having first popped up in 2002 before re-airing again in 2003. The footage of Bin Laden was filmed six years ago in October 2001.

(Article continues below)

The Associated Press ran the tape as a top story on Saturday under the headline "Bin Laden Appears in New al-Qaida Video".

Euro News, the propaganda arm of the European Union broadcast in dozens of countries around Europe, described the footage as "apparently new".

"Possible New Message From Osama Bin Laden," reported ABC News, noting that "a brief clip of an older-looking Osama bin Laden is contained in a new al Qaeda videotape," when in reality the graying in Bin Laden's beard was exactly the same as when he appeared in a 2001 videotape, while also wearing the exact same jacket.

The footage was not new and any small amount of cursory research would have verified that fact, and yet the media went full board with the story, creating the illusion that it was new, while rabid Neo-Cons lauded the tape as another reason for keeping U.S. troops in Iraq while fearmongering about upcoming terror attacks at home.

The footage first appeared in May 2002, having been released by a Pakistani security official to the Al-Ansaar Islamic news agency, based in Birmingham, England. This CBS video clip clearly shows the same footage as the apparent "new" tape.

Here is a screenshot from the 2002 tape (right) compared to the new tape (left). Notice the sloping mountain in the left background.

Sources indicate that the footage was shot in either October 2001 or March 2002, with the earlier date being the favorite as Bin Laden's appearance matches with the footage from a different tape that was released in October 2001.

Al-Jazeera said they had the footage as far back as October 2001, but chose not to air it as they saw it as "not newsworthy" and "nothing more than a PR stunt." Six years later, and with the footage having been released on two separate occasions already, the western media insinuated that the tape was new and splashed it everywhere as a top headline.

In our previous groundbreaking investigation, we exposed IntelCenter, the middleman between "Al-Qaeda's media arm" and the press, and the organization that routinely obtains the tapes, as little more than a Pentagon front group staffed by individuals with close connections to the military-industrial complex.

IntelCenter were also behind the release of the "new" Osama tape - having previously released the same footage (the second time it had appeared) in October 2003!

IntelCenter issued a tacit warning that the footage may be re-hashed when they released the "new" tape to the media, but they failed to mention the fact that they released portions of the exact same clips in October 2003. The screenshots of Bin Laden which clearly correlate with the "new" tape were on their website all along, and yet they still labeled the footage as "significant". IntelCenter knew the tape was definitely old, yet their meandering uncertainty left doubts that the media exploited to the full in claiming the footage may be new.

The screenshot from IntelCenter's website from a tape released in October 2003 clearly match with screenshots from the "new" tape, a fact completely ignored by both IntelCenter themselves and the mass media.

Even a senior Bush administration official admitted to Newsbuster, "Intelligence agencies have determined the video was previously aired as a portion of a longer show first on MBC TV (Middle East broadcast station) on April 17, 2002," and yet retractions to the supposition that the footage was new are nowhere to be seen in the media.

"What's the result of the MSM's sloppy "air-first-verify-later" approach? The world’s most evil and despicable terrorists are given tons of free air time and print exposure," adds Newsbuster.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Internet leader in activist media - Prison Planet.tv. Get access to hundreds of special video reports, audio interviews, books and documentary films. Subscribers also get instant access to our hugely popular forum where you can network with like-minded people, meet up and get active! Click here to subscribe.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if you believe that Al-Qaeda itself is deciding to re-package old footage and constantly re-release it, and that this isn't a crude propaganda ploy on behalf of IntelCenter in collusion with the Neo-Cons, why are the government and the media consistently affording lavish attention and giving prominence to such activity, aiding the terrorists to spread their propaganda ad infinitum?

It would be foolishly naive to think that the re-release of this tape - for the third time running - has little to do with the fact that the Bush administration has been ramping up the fearmongering and hinting at the inevitability of another attack over the past two weeks - ostensibly for political purposes to mute dissent.

Six months after the failed "surge" in Iraq and with Bush's approval ratings sliding to all time lows while calls for impeachment reach a crescendo, a slew of information threatening a new Al-Qaeda attack gets released and up pops Osama - in a tape that is re-hashed for a third time - to validate the Neo-Con's insistence that to leave Iraq is to hand the terrorists a victory. That tape is released by an organization with clear links to the military-industrial complex who had knowingly released the same footage years earlier.

Is all this a coincidence, or does such chicanery and crass manipulation of the electorate and the political process demand an immediate Congressional investigation as to why the U.S. government and its lapdog media fronts are working with the terrorists to artificially boost their profile while scaring the holy crap out of the American people at the most politically opportune moments?

Comments (29) | Trackback

Social bookmark this page
    Print Friendly Page Yahoo! MyWeb Del.icio.us
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Personally, I am on the fence - but I an open to thinking about it.

Yes, our minds simply do not want to go there. It is just too horrible to contemplate - but if we look at past happenings, we simply must at least think about it.

Then there is also the idea of 'well, what are we going to do about it'? Well, we have to either sit back and accept it - or we have to do something - but what?

The fact that OBL took credit means nothing. If the American government - or some other friendly group - did this - who's going to denounce him. He gets all the credit and looks big for his guys and no way will our government or a friendly group come forward and say, "No you didn't, we did."

Rather than calling it a conspiracy theory, I prefer to think of it as - 'the rest of the story.' We do not have a transparent government - haven't had for many, many years - if ever. There is always 'more to the story'.

What it is, I don't know - but we have shut off our minds and trusted this group in Washington for far too long.

Remember, they are dismantling our country - people. They have flooded it with illegals. We don't have a clue who else they have brought in and been able to hide out in plain site with all the illegals, HB workers, etc. Most of these people are getting so many perks and we Americans are paying for them. Forced to by this government.

Remember, our government is actively working to help move jobs and companies offshore. This government has given our hard earned money to businesses that move offshore. Think about that.s

They are moving to replace American workers with HB workers. It is unnecessary. If and that is a big IF, we need more skilled workers - then train them. How long does it take to become a RN?

Our government has allowed foreign companies to buy up our infrastructure. Foreign companies now own many of our highways. These are highways we built, people. I suspect we don't have a clue how much of our tax dollars are going to foreign companies.

Our government has allowed the companies who produce and grow crops to almost destroy any native seeds - through planting GMO crops. This means once all our crops have been 'infested' with GMO genes, Americans will have no choice but to go to the seed companies for their seeds. These seeds are not only patented and if your crop crosses with theirs, they own it. Should the companies decide we can't buy seeds - then we no longer have the ability to grow our own food.

Iraq has been a big producer of wheat for centuries. They had hundreds of varieties of wheat they had developed over the years. The war destroyed much of the seeds they had stockpiled and Monsanto came in with their GMO. This could and probably has, effectively destroyed a wheat a culture that is hundreds of years old.

Large global corporations are buying up the underground water rights from poorer countries. Maybe they already have bought our water. There are stories that Bechtel is trying to buy Iraq's water.

Our government is trying to force on us a registeration of any livestock. As I understand it, the big guys can register their's as a 'herd' or 'flock', but an individual must register every cow, sheep, chicken, etc.

Just the other day someone posted that ammunition is going to be considered an 'explosive' and will be less available for individual purchasers.

Is all of this 'for our own good'? How can anyone discount any possibility?
    How can anyone not see it is not one party or the other. They are completely in agreement on the big picture. There may be a little infighting about who gets what out of the deal, but it is going forward.

[/b]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast