Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Ron Paul vs. the Seven Dwarfs: American Foreign Policy That

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used to, or used as a discredit of any candidate mentioned herewith.

Ron Paul vs. the Seven Dwarfs: American Foreign Policy That Makes Sense

While he still only gets a small amount of time in the debates, his message is beginning to reach Republicans who aren't blinded by Bushian, neo-con machismo. Are they listening?

by Walt Thiessen
    (Libertarian)
    http://www.nolanchart.com/article333.html

Unlike every other Republican candidate on the stage in last night's CNN/YouTube debate, only Ron Paul demonstrated that he truly "gets it" when it comes to foreign policy. Witness his comment in reply to an attack on his position on Iraq. He said, "The best thing we can do for the Iraqi people is to give them their country back. That's the most important thing that we can do." He went on to make a great point about Vietnam. He said, "Just think of the cleaning up of the mess after we left Vietnam. Vietnam is now a friend of ours. We trade with them. Their president comes here. What we achieved in peace was unachievable in 20 years of the Americans and the French being in Vietnam. So it's time for us to take care of America first."

How true! What we and the French and the Chinese (don't forget them!) did in Vietnam was terrible, yet Vietnam survived. They rebuilt. And what Dr. Paul did not say, because there wasn't enough time to say it all in 30 seconds, is that Vietnam represented the nightmare scenario of cold-war hawks. It was the key domino in the Domino Theory. Remember the Domino Theory? That was the idea that if Vietnam fell to communism, then the rest of Southeast Asia would fall to communism, and this would be a catastrophe for American interests. President Eisenhower first voiced the idea in an April 1954 press conference in which he said, "Finally, you have broader considerations that might follow what you would call the 'falling domino' principle. You have a row of dominoes set up, you knock over the first one, and what will happen to the last one is the certainty that it will go over very quickly. So you could have a beginning of a disintegration that would have the most profound influences."

Well, America ended up withdrawing from Vietnam in the mid-1970s, and sure enough, Vietnam fell to communism, as did the rest of Southeast Asia. Now here's the key point. Despite this, despite the fact that the worst DID happen, Vietnam is our peaceful trading partner today! And I submit that if we hadn't interfered for 20 years, Vietnam would be much closer to becoming a free society today. It was our interference that has helped keep them in the communist embrace, but over time it is becoming increasingly clear that the communist embrace will dissipate and is dissipating.

So when I hear modern day neo-con hawks and their allies claiming that we can't leave Iraq because it will undermine American interests, I have to ask myself what kind of drugs are they smoking? It's clear to me that the hawks are never going to learn that continued American military presence in other countries based on fear of what might happen to American interests if they withdraw does not produce positive results (except if you're a company like Halliburton, of course).

The discouraging part is that every Republican candidate on that stage last night talked the neo-con line except for one. The encouraging part was that the one exception was Ron Paul. Call it the contrast of Ron Paul vs. the Seven Dwarfs.

Senator McCain shot back that, "We never lost the battle in Vietnam; it was American public opinion that cost us the war." Senator McCain obviously doesn't get it. Public opinion didn't cost us the war in Vietnam. Rather public opinion pulled us out of a bad foreign policy in Vietnam, which resulted in things getting better, not worse. McCain's limited vision that wars are all about "winning" the war (by which he means using military intervention to force other countries to bend to our national will) shows its tattered logic when compared to the reality of what happened after we left Vietnam as the "losers." The reality is that America's leaders over that 20 year period set us up to be the losers by putting us there in the first place. In that scenario, the only way to "win" was to withdraw.

McCain went on to claim that the difference between Vietnam and Iraq is that Vietnam didn't want to follow us home, that Al-Qaedda wants to have a base in Iraq in order to launch attacks against the U.S. He said, "Their ultimate destination isn't Iraq. Their ultimate destination is New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, and Arizona." Ron Paul isn't the most graceful speaker in the world. He stumbles and trips over his own words. But the message is what is driving his campaign and his supporters, not the man himself. He managed to shoot back at McCain the following, "[Former U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul] Wolfowitz even admitted that Al-Qaedda was organized and energized by our military base in Saudi Arabia. He understood why they came here. They come here because we're occupying their country, just as we would object if they occupied our country." This kind of clear understanding is why Ron Paul has more financial support from active duty servicemen than John McCain has. That financial support is also why McCain is so upset with Ron Paul.

The only thing wrong with his statement is that Paul should have said that we're occupying their countries, in the plural, and I'm sure that's what he intended. Al-Qaedda isn't just about Iraq. They're also about Saudi Arabia, and Palestine, and Egypt, and all of the other more than 100 countries around the world where American troops reside on a regular basis and are used to force American views and American pressure on the governments of those nations and other nations in those same regions. And before some neo-con objects that Palestine isn't a country, can we agree that they should be? Even President Bush, in his fevered mind, thinks so these days. He's holding talks at the Naval Academy toward that end. His approach can't work, because it's based on forcing America's will on other countries, but nevertheless even he now recognizes that there must be a country called Palestine.

Tom Tancredo shot back that America is under threat from Radical Islam and that we would be under threat even if there was not a single American serviceman outside of this country. But what's his evidence for this claim? What is the evidence of any advocate for this claim? The only evidence is their own fear. Tancredo gave no evidence, and neither did anyone else. All of the other six Republican dwarfs on that stage accepted Tancredo's claim as a given truth, not to be touched, not to be questioned.

It's nonsense, of course. But what's worse is that it flies in the face of what American public opinion says: that we shouldn't remain in Iraq, that it's time to find a way to leave. McCain claimed that American public opinion is what lost Vietnam. As I showed above, his claim is wrong, because his idea of what is a "loss" turned out to be not a loss at all, but McCain and the rest of the Seven Dwarfs are using that ill-named "loss" to convince themselves to ignore American opinion and blame it for our failures, atrocities, and horrible mistakes regarding Iraq. They're threatening that if America withdraws from Iraq, then American public opinion is at fault.

The reality, however, is quite different. It is the Bush administration, the neo-cons, the hawks, who are at fault where Iraq is concerned. They're the ones who got us in that mess in the first place, in pursuit of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) which we know didn't even exist. Bush knew they didn't exist all along, but neo-cons try to sweep that under the rug. Instead, they keep chanting their same old mantra about not leaving Iraq until we "finish the job." Except it's a job that America can't finish. It's time to hand Iraq back to the Iraqi people.

The Seven Dwarfs are out of step with American public opinion, and by insisting on rallying the Republican Party behind any other candidate besides Ron Paul, they are guaranteeing a showdown on Election Day where the majority of Americans are asked to voice their support for Bush administration foreign policy, which the Seven Dwarfs all support. That will mean almost certain defeat for the Republican candidate if it's not Ron Paul, regardless of whether Paul stays in the race as a third-party candidate or not.

Seems to me they are 'occuping our country and few hundred others .

And surrounding a nation like Israel with radical jihadist by giving up more territory is a good idea ?

Ron Paul did a good job, in a hostile environment. The crowd wasn't always "for him".

After the debate, Anderson Cooper and some "talking heads" discussed the candadate's performance. One of the talking heads commented that Ron Paul talks crasy. He speaks of an internation rd through TX, to Canada. This is just nonsense.

Let me tell you Ron Paul is correct. Just google Nafta Superhighway. You'll find out about the Tx Corridor. It's a road from Mex., to Canada. The Gov. of TX wants to take the needed land by emminet domain. A company from Spain is financing the Rd and will have rights to this TOLL rd for 50 - 99 years.

Email Anderson Cooper to inform him Ron Paul is NOT crazy, Ron Paul is acurate and correct regarding this road.

Is Hillary Snow White then ?

So... GregaGreatAmericanHero...

If you write another GREAT article telling me that Hillary is Snow White... I'll surely fall out of my chair, and won't be able to get up ! Ron's response to our foreign policy... I stood up and applauded him for last night. And you are more right than rain sir, that he was the ONLY ONE, that seemed to be in touch w/the general consensus of the AMERICAN PEOPLE !

One thing most Americans don't know or remember, is Viet Nam, just like Iraq, was a LIE to the American People about the TRUTH of what really happened. There was no attack on the Destroyers in the I can't remember sea, that prompted our involvement in the Viet Nam war. Just like there was no W.M.D.'s in Iraq, and really no involvement of Iraq to warrant this war.

I CLEARLY remember wondering how, when King Bushit declared that we were after Osama Yo Mama Bin Laden, then before we could gather our senses as to what just hit US, we were at war w/Iraq. WHAT ?!

And another fact that only "Conspiracy Theorists, Radical, Racial, Bigots" know about, is that since the 2003 INVASION of Iraq, the Al-Qaedda membership has DOUBLED !

And after visiting a son of a good friend that just came home on leave from Iraq, and his response to watching the NEWS about how everything is so "Kosher" in Iraq now, he asked where are they getting their information from ? Things aren't better there, they are worse in more ways than not.

If we could only find out which Crack the 7 Dwarf's are smoking, [maybe Hillary's Snow White] we could increase their dosage and make sure they are not present for the 2008 caucus', then Ron would have a sled ride to the election. I'd probably stumble over my responses like Ron, if you had to deal w/the 7 other knuckleheads.

If we don't follow Ron's suggestions of intended policies, and get our troops home before Mexico invades us any further, do away with the Federal Reserve, [ And get OUR Gold & Standards back ] eliminate the I.R.S. and go to the 10% National Sales Tax, which if Washington can't run this country on that, <><> ya, and return the prosperity to the American People they should have, then we are doomed I believe.

And if we can't get rid of these knuckleheads like that Rep. Luis Guiterez that Lou interviewed last night from Chicago and those supporters, [A.C.L.U.] and start prosecuting the Employers of Illegal Tourists, worsening conditions will only prevail.

Funny thing... The Corporate Elite wouldn't need to hire all the H 1 B visa workers, IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO HAVE THEIR 10 MILLION DOLLAR QUARTERLY PROFITS ! I've seen some pretty greedy HOGS before in my life, but never, none like these today ! And I might add, at the expense of the American People.

To A Better Day...

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death !

Wow, Patrick You kinda got it all in there.

I'll swear, I thought I would never forget the name of the place in Vietnam they said the ships had been attacked, and the evidence was totally, totally manufactured.

Gulf of Tonkein - maybe?

Two soldiers who recently returned, told my husband they were mainly fighting Iraqis who didn't want us in their country. They were not together so weren't just telling the same stories. Two totally unrelated, at different times.

Also, there is the story of the British officer who was in charge of an area. He decided to pull his troops out and leave it to the Iraqi police and Iraqi soldiers and the attacks went down by 90%. He concluded from they were attacking because the British were there.

What amazes me about this war is people can see what this President is doing to our country through the protection and encouragement of illegal immigration. By outsourcing, by attempting to get the superhighway built, the NAU signed, etc. He is literally trying to give our country away and we can all see that.

Yet some of those same people will continue to think he knows what he is doing in Iraq and he is going what is best for America.

You can't have it both ways - the man cannot be determined to destroy this country here at home - and yet be trying to perserve it by fighting half way around the world.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Is Hillary Snow White then ?

Quote Originally Posted by patrickhenryjr

If you write another GREAT article telling me that Hillary is Snow White... I'll surely fall out of my chair, and won't be able to get up ! Ron's response to our foreign policy... I stood up and applauded him for last night. And you are more right than rain sir, that he was the ONLY ONE, that seemed to be in touch w/the general consensus of the AMERICAN PEOPLE !

One thing most Americans don't know or remember, is Viet Nam, just like Iraq, was a LIE to the American People about the TRUTH of what really happened. There was no attack on the Destroyers in the I can't remember sea, that prompted our involvement in the Viet Nam war. Just like there was no W.M.D.'s in Iraq, and really no involvement of Iraq to warrant this war.

I CLEARLY remember wondering how, when King Bushit declared that we were after Osama Yo Mama Bin Laden, then before we could gather our senses as to what just hit US, we were at war w/Iraq. WHAT ?!

And another fact that only "Conspiracy Theorists, Radical, Racial, Bigots" know about, is that since the 2003 INVASION of Iraq, the Al-Qaedda membership has DOUBLED !

And after visiting a son of a good friend that just came home on leave from Iraq, and his response to watching the NEWS about how everything is so "Kosher" in Iraq now, he asked where are they getting their information from ? Things aren't better there, they are worse in more ways than not.

If we could only find out which Crack the 7 Dwarf's are smoking, [maybe Hillary's Snow White] we could increase their dosage and make sure they are not present for the 2008 caucus', then Ron would have a sled ride to the election. I'd probably stumble over my responses like Ron, if you had to deal w/the 7 other knuckleheads.

If we don't follow Ron's suggestions of intended policies, and get our troops home before Mexico invades us any further, do away with the Federal Reserve, [ And get OUR Gold & Standards back ] eliminate the I.R.S. and go to the 10% National Sales Tax, which if Washington can't run this country on that, <><> ya, and return the prosperity to the American People they should have, then we are doomed I believe.

And if we can't get rid of these knuckleheads like that Rep. Luis Guiterez that Lou interviewed last night from Chicago and those supporters, [A.C.L.U.] and start prosecuting the Employers of Illegal Tourists, worsening conditions will only prevail.

Funny thing... The Corporate Elite wouldn't need to hire all the H 1 B visa workers, IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO HAVE THEIR 10 MILLION DOLLAR QUARTERLY PROFITS ! I've seen some pretty greedy HOGS before in my life, but never, none like these today ! And I might add, at the expense of the American People.

To A Better Day...

If they were smoking a pipe it was probably from the poppy of Rons pets who he excuses by blaming his nation for all the terror attacks on us and Israel .

I was all for him until he sided with Hamas,Fatah in Palistine .

I don't know who or why is behind this illegal war, but i do know that we started it and now we have to finish it and get out soon . I also think we need to close some bases around the world .

WE THE PEOPLE PUT THIS PERSON IN OFFICE. THE BUCK STOPS WITH US ! We destroyed it ,no we need to fix it and get out . Not just leave them with the damage and to the coming massacre .

Re: Is Hillary Snow White then ?

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickhenryjr

To A Better Day...

If they were smoking a pipe it was probably from the poppy of Rons pets who he excuses by blaming his nation for all the terror attacks on us and Israel .

I was all for him until he sided with Hamas,Fatah in Palistine .

I don't know who or why is behind this illegal war, but i do know that we started it and now we have to finish it and get out soon . I also think we need to close some bases around the world .

WE THE PEOPLE PUT THIS PERSON IN OFFICE. THE BUCK STOPS WITH US ! We destroyed it ,no we need to fix it and get out . Not just leave them with the damage and to the coming massacre .
    NoamNasty,
    IF you take away from something, it DOES NOT MEAN you give it to something else. RON PAUL also wants to stop support from Pakistan and egypt and ALL middle eastern countries..So, by your logic he is "anti-eygpt etc..".

Do you know what the muslim makeup is of Eygpt and Pakistan and India and whomever else we dole out money to? YET, YET --- You do not say Ron Paul is anti-muslim. You say the contrary.. don't you? HE WANTS TO STOP THE DOLE to all countries. YET, you keep saying "he supports the extremists muslims etc.." That does not make sense.

Also, just the fact that you say "He blames America", tells me you have NOT done your homework on Ron Paul nor his policies. This is the Medved, O'Reilly syndrone. The HIJACKED Special Interests Govt. is criticized NOT the American people, as has been explained - oh about a thousand times.
    SO, if I complain about our open borders, am I complaing that America sucks? NO, I am saying that our governmetn shirked in its duties.. which it has. Our government also went into war illegally WITH TRUMPED up excuses.. so yes, they DID NOT represent the people. Perhaps one should start paying attention to the only candidate who is listening to the people and NOT special interests.

Let me as you this question. How would you feel IF VERY VERY HIGH positioned government officials had dual citizenship with mexico? AND coincidently our govt policy was one of open borders and specials interests towards mexico. How would that be? Think about it. Think about 'how' their loyalties lie. So, by question the government - it is a VERY GOOD thing to do.

This is not OUR war, we have been dragged into it by the 'neo-cons' who 'coincidently' - many of them have dual citizenship. wow, what a coincidence. But even beyond that. Get right on the facts and stop with this obvious 'anti' sentiment. Ron is NOT anti-anything.. he just doesn't feel American Taxpayers should be footing the bill for bad foreign policy. Simple really. And this is for ALL COUNTRIES.

And as asked of you previously. Until you can tell us "how ron is anti-israel and pro-muslim" - you let us all know.

We are simply going to have to own the fact that we did create some of the hatred the ME people have for us.

We have only had a small taste of a foreign government interferring - when we see Fox and Calderon and other Mexican officials making speeches, making demands, issuing the matricula card, using their consuls to aid and abet illegals.

That is just a pinch of what the people in the ME have been putting up with for at least half a century.

We have been friendly and helpful to bloody tyrants like the Shah and Saddam. The CIA has been a regular fixture over there since 1958 that I know of.

So yes, we have to own it. That's not condoning their actions, but it's facts. It is facts that the people who have lost family members, limbs, homes, etc., in Iraq will be enemies of our grandchildren.

If we are going to survive in America, we are going to have to accept the fact that we must begin to question the 'accepted' belief. We must admit that those accepted actions, beliefs, etc., is what has brought us to the place in history we are today. We need to recognize that, question things and make some real turns in the road or we won't survive.

Business as usual won't work for us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    Ron Paul did a good job, in a hostile environment. The crowd wasn't always "for him".

After the debate, Anderson Cooper and some "talking heads" discussed the candadate's performance. One of the talking heads commented that Ron Paul talks crasy. He speaks of an internation rd through TX, to Canada. This is just nonsense.

Let me tell you Ron Paul is correct. Just google Nafta Superhighway. You'll find out about the Tx Corridor. It's a road from Mex., to Canada. The Gov. of TX wants to take the needed land by emminet domain. A company from Spain is financing the Rd and will have rights to this TOLL rd for 50 - 99 years.

Email Anderson Cooper to inform him Ron Paul is NOT crazy, Ron Paul is acurate and correct regarding this road.
    The talking head that lied about Ron Paul was CNN's Jim Toobin. I watched CNN this evening and he verbally attached him again.

I suspect he is dumbing down Ron Paul, for the benefit of Rudy ?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

rhttp://www.newsarmy.com/?p=7 Toobin with CNN says the super highway from Mexico to Canada is a figment of Ron Paul's imagination.

Jim Toobin should not be allowed to lie about any candidate. Email CNN and lodge a complaint. Ask them to set the record straight.

Use this link to send comments to CNN i reports. http://www.cnn.com/exchange/ireports/to ... utube.html

Use this link to send comments to Anderson Cooper 360:
    http://www.cnn.com/exchange/ireports/to ... .anon.html

Report errors to CNN at this link:
    http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form6a.html?2

Info on Jeffhttp://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_repo ... ffrey.html Toobin:

my comments to CNN:

Ron Paul is NOT crazy as CNN reporter Jeff Toobin commented. The superhighway Ron Paul spoke of would connect Mexico, the United States, and Canada, cutting a wide swath through the middle of Texas and up through Kansas City. The toll road would be built and operated by a foreign company.

It's officially called the trans-Texas corridor and nick named the NAFTA Superhighway.

CNN has an obligation to set the record straight.

Clarification Needed ~

I guess some clarification is needed here, and maybe I've just been at the wheel too long today.

nntrixie, thanks a million in my daily brain fade multi-tasking and could not remember the Gulf of Tonkein. How dare I forget that one.

In case no one has figured out who started this insane, unnecessary war we are in now, it was the "Decider Guy" and his side dick chainy. They were told there were no W.M.D. and as far as Iraq being the "head quarters" for Al-Quedda training camps... they're all over the Middle East. Not just in Iraq. Besides... how did we go from going after Osama Yo Mama Bin Laden, to going after Iraq, when Bin Laden was in Afganistan ?Shouldn't we have went after Afganistan then ?

Butt, you would have to be a Radical, Conspiracy Theorists, Racially inspired and a Bigot, and well informed to the FACTS, as to who started this war to understand that. Just ask Mr. Dobbs or listen to his show more often.

I hope I did not mis lead anyone into thinking I do not support Ron Paul or his policies. And I confess, I have not investigated his complete political back ground, so there may be some evidence of mal intent in his skeleton box somewhere I don't know about, so I will do some checking.

AND I SERIOUSLY DOUBT, Dr. Paul is a Hamas-Al-Quedda sympathizer ! All the man is saying is that the onslaught of this war was preempted by the Neo-Cons in office now for their own personal war gains of wanting to Rule the World in their One World Government. AT OUR EXPENSE !

King Bushit I was the 1st to engage this "One World Order Govt," back during his term, and King Bushit II now has achieved his goals, and those family goals have been trying to manifest since Grandpa Bushit's term on the Federal Reserve Board since 1907 !

Ron's ideas of getting our troops home, and his ideas of getting rid of the Federal Reserve, IRS, Homeland Security and about all other govt. agencies and pork projects, are a means of securing this Nation's sovereignty and prosperity, and like everyone was booing him on last night when he said such, just showed the audiences ignorance of the real foreign policy blunders the Bushit administration have manifested.

What is happening w/the Bushit adm. is they have to keep stirring the "Hornets Nest" to keep things going, so they have an excuse to keep asking US for more money to keep their war against the terrorists going to save US. Bull!!! WAKE UP AMERICA & smell the blood of the innocents that have died in vain in my opinion.

If we quit stirring the hornets, they will quit swarming US and trying to sting US and go back to fighting amongst themselves, like they have for thousands of years. Maybe they'd get busy and settle their differences and go to producing more oil, so we'd have cheaper gas, and we could quit burying our children.

What is Prince Shrub doing as we speak ? Trying to get Iran swarming by not inviting them to the Annapolis meetings, which by the way, nice timing George. And what is his policies w/RED COMMUNIST CHINA ? I rest my case. If anyone watched Lou tonight, I rest my case again !

How can King Bushit II & Dick Tater Chainy run any part of anyone else's life or policies, when they can't even run their own ? Our own Constitution, which I thought this site promoted, states how we are not to meddle in foreign affairs. Just support our allies. Is Iraq or China our allies?

I hope this clears things up for those confused that thought I supported not, Ron Paul and for anyone's information as to wanting to know the real culprits of this war, and the real sponsors of 9/11, check out the links below. It will take some of your time, butt well worth it.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

www.usawakeupamerica.org

Adult warning though... this is going to scare the hell out of you !

To A Better Day ....

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast