Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by greyparrot
    Throughout my working years, I've noticed how smokers are more likely to be less productive then the non-smoking workers. And I won't go into details about my previous jobs for fear of boring you, but will tell you about how things are where I work.
    As un-pc as it is to say (and the truth often is), the most unproductive co-workers I observed in my female dominated field were mothers of school age children. As a childless women, I arrived every day, on time, put in a full 8 hours, and left when my shift ended. To the contrary, many "moms" came in late, left early, and tooks days off because of issues with their kids.

I am not knocking parenthood, believe me you, but smokers and non-smokers alike (such as myself) picked up SO much slack for these gals!
    True, mothers aren't as dependable as other people. But at least they have a decent excuse for being a slacker.. What excuse do smokers have?

I'm going to stay out of this argument at least for the time being. I'm a mother too and a single one but unemployed. I hope when I do find a job, that my kids don't get sick too often and I don't lose my job.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    I'm going to stay out of this argument at least for the time being. I'm a mother too and a single one but unemployed. I hope when I do find a job, that my kids don't get sick too often and I don't lose my job.
    From recent news reports, it seems there are less illegals to pick our fruits and vegatables this year... For Americans out of work, perhaps this is a good time to do the jobs the opposition says we won't do.

Then again, the fruits and vegatables can rot for all I care until the farmers and big business decide to pay decent wages and hire nothing but AMERICANS!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567