Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where are all of the early American pagan cemetaries? The early American Moslem cemetaries? The early American Bhuddist cemetaries?

May(?) have had Christian soldiers? Ya think?

A social studies book with a map of the various religions of the world would show the United States as a Moslem country? A pagan country? A Hebrew country?

Leftist wishful thinking, edged on by scornful atheists, pagans, commies and the like continue to assault facts with semantics.

I would not label the founding fathers as skeptics of Christianity. Perhaps wisdom would help shed light on their thoughts. Wisdom and careful thought dictated that the state should not adopt a state sponsored denomination of the Christian faith. The Moslem faith, the Bhuddist, or Hindu or any other faith was not ever even considered. Jamal, Chang, and Purhu left no historical writings because they were not invited to the party!

Americans were to prefer Christians as their elected leaders.

Hatred of Christianity seems ridiculous to me. Afterall, it has been centuries since Christians have had Inquisitions. I have not heard of ANY Christians beheading anyone lately, or of cutting hands off, or of stoning anyone either.

The Supreme Court does not lay out mats and pray to the East.

There are actually Moslem tombstones here from the 1600s and 1700s. The Buddhists did not come in number until later. If you think that the founding fathers were Christian it is because you have not read their biographies. There were secularists and agnostics going back through out the colonial period. Colonial Boston had a Jewish congregation and they were a sizeable part of Newport.

If you think Christians do not commit atrocities you missed coverage of the wars in former Yugoslavia.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    There are actually Moslem tombstones here from the 1600s and 1700s. The Buddhists did not come in number until later. If you think that the founding fathers were Christian it is because you have not read their biographies. There were secularists and agnostics going back through out the colonial period. Colonial Boston had a Jewish congregation and they were a sizeable part of Newport.

If you think Christians do not commit atrocities you missed coverage of the wars in former Yugoslavia.

You are nit picking Richard. USA is mainly a Christian nation. Just because there are a few muslims or jewish, atheist or agnostic (like me), does not detract from the FACT that this is a Christian nation. Most are Christian. There are a few Quakers too....does that mean this is a Quaker nation? No. It is Christian. Btw, Quakers are an excellent example of how to live your religion and culture within a Christian nation. They dont bother anyone and noone bothers them. Thats how to do it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So we have a few Moslem tombstones? No Moslem graveyards? It would seem that this was not a nation founded on the Islamic faith.

The Buddists came later so they were not responsible for founding and creating this nation.

Secularism on it's own does not need to imply an abscence of faith, only the belief of seperation of faith from political activities. IMHO, this is the domain in which the atheists and commies like to hang around. Like a predator they smell blood and weakness and will exploit the idea of secularism.

Agnostics have been around for a long time, granted. Yet this nation was not founded or set up wholly by a group of agnostics. Another group that is exploitable by the atheistic minions somewhat akin to the moderate Republican.

Asfore the atrocities of wars, were these atrocities done in the name of Christianity? Or were these atrocities just that, atrocities of war?

The sociology book with the maps of different nations and their respective faiths was not secular enough to help show this nation as a Christian nation?

From this discussion, and looking back on what I learned about the founding of this country was conservative Christians (Puritans) coming here to escape the Church of England and their persecution for their beliefs. (As a school kid in Va. each year of history started with the founding of the nation, and history lessons never got to WWI, but later in life I find out all kinds of interesting things that shaped this country.)
    Go look at Udmurtia. Their history under the paw of Russia has been that some of their population fled to Siberia when Christianity was forced on their paganism, others stayed and accepted it sort of, others hung around with Muslims Tatars, but today one of their most predominant faiths is still shamanism.
    Religion should be a personal thing these days, not a benchmark for political leanings. All Christians persecute, all Muslims are out to kill Christians, all Jews are only out to make money, Wiccans dance naked in parks at every equinox and solistice. Yeah, yeah, love stereotypes.
    There is too much history that professes today's religions are based in ancient beliefs, before Christianity and even before Judaism.
    Islam has been painted with a broad brush as is Christianity is many parts of the world, and paganism is slammed all over the place.
    Christains do have right to worry if this school will be teaching death to non-Muslims or scholarship in some radical interpretation of the Quran.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Vortex

Besides being part Black I am Mayflower descended a Bradford descendant and possibly also a Brewster descendant. The Unitarians have one of the best claims to descent from the Pilgrims and Puritans. I happen to be a Mayflower and Puritan descended Unitarian.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What is our country becoming?

Good question, vm. I just wish we could put a foot down and uphold what we believe this country should be, but politics always get in the way.
    And I have to admit that an Islamic college is cause for concern. As much as our colleges have leaned toward radical liberal teachings, this school could go into radical teachings which will not be good for the country, nor the comfort of most Americans.
    And if the architects decide to throw in a minaret, the entire neighborhood will be in trouble. In Cairo, the first prayer call from the minaret through a loudspeaker was usually at 3:30 a.m.

vortex: At taxpayers expense somehow of course, grants? pell grants? on and on? Minority group has to be provided for....

It still boils down to what kind of Islamic college not whether a college is Islamic

I forgot the drafters of our nations foundation documents attributing a large part of the inspiration to the confederation articles of the shamanic Iroquois Confederacy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast