Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As far as the Iroquios, they managed to cobble together tribes into a nation, so if it works, adopt it and adapt it. Humans have always borrowed from one another, whether it be club design for conking a mammoth or something as ethereal as religion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

vmonkey wrote,

What is our country becoming?

Hows about a futuristic bazaar! All colors, all tongues, all customs, all religions, and all political beliefs. The ultimate consuming machine.

If you do not like what is on one block, keep walking. The bar-b-ques are varied. Roasted monkey with a chaser of cows blood mixed with urine. German shepard puppy fricasse'. Fried armadillo. If it is not on the endangered species list then why not. Each culture should be welcomed along with their respective foods and customs and religions. Multiculturalism combined with pc rhetoric and all bets are off. Fido better stay inside.

Gender mutilation should it be pressed in the courts with religous doctrine supporting it, arguing is it any different than circumcision. That might depend on the religion of the judge, as seperation of church and state falls apart as the farce that it is..

Poligamy may not settle well amongst Christians, but what should that matter, this is not a Christian nation anyway. (according to some) Other religions find no fault, so what liberal minded idiot would object and stand in front of a misunderstood culture and their customs and beliefs? Whatever floats your boat, dude! He-he!

The Iroquois, oh yes, the native peoples of New York and the southern reaches of Canada. All one race of people. Same customs, same language.

Confederation made easy.

Richard, the photo that you posted of the young lady and the tombstone, do you know anything about the story of the origination of that photo?

Sorta tugs at your heartstrings. Sorta looks like it may have been posed as well. And released onto the net to share with friends and family?

Perhaps it was just a candid photo.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Richard wrote,

There is no legitimate reason to not support Islamic colleges only specific Islamic colleges.

And Who would decide which specific Islamic college? A biased academic? A racist politician? A self interested Moslem cleric? Sounds like masked bigotry.

Wonder Boy might be willing to insert a "sensible objections clause." God help you if your sensibilities differ.

Ignorance and fear are not reasons to abridge the rights of other Americans

Ignorance is inviting a known felon into your house for tea and crumpets.

Read the sociology books of Digby Baltzell and David Hackett Fischer. Their books are on cultural differences between states. Spanish culture in New Mexico and California and French culture in Louisiana both predate the United States.

While their cultures had variences, their religion was the same, Christianity.

Omar think of ALIPAC like being on a subway car there are always going to be a few Bozos on a train but you are still welcome here if you are legal and want stronger enforcement even if you pray five times a day. Salaam bro.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...plunck! Wow, what a cast! I wonder if anything is biting today?

You did

There really are Moslems on here just as there are Latinos. Though they do not speak up when Bozos like you get active Roundabout they are welcome here.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with Richard. IF we can have Texas CHRISTIAN University, and Southern METHODIST university, then why not an Islamic college? You can't claim religious superiority by saying that we were founded on Christianity. Look at what our forefathers said:

Benjamin Franklin

"When a Religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that its Professors are obliged to call for help of the Civil Power, it is a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one." - Benjamin Franklin (from a letter to Richard Price, October 9, 1780

John Adams - Second President

"Where do we find a precept in the Bible for Creeds, Confessions, Doctrines and Oaths, and whole carloads of other trumpery that we find religion encumbered with in these days?" - John Adams

"As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." - (Treaty of Tripoli, 1797 - signed by President John Adams.)

Thomas Jefferson - Third President

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god." - Thomas Jefferson
    (letter to Peter Carr, 10 August 1787)

"Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth." - Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, 1782; from George Seldes, ed., The Great Quotations, Secaucus, New Jersey: Citadel Press, 1983, p. 363.)

James Madison - Fourth President

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution." - James Madison (Memorial and Remonstrance against Religious Assessments, 1785.)

"The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretence, infringed.'' - James Madison (Original wording of the First Amendment; Annals of Congress 434 (June 8, 1789).)

Thomas Paine - Author of "Common Sense", "The American Crisis", "Rights of Man", and "The Age of Reason"; played a large role in rallying colonists to secede from Britain.

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind." - Thomas Paine (The Age of Reason, 1794-1795.)

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of... Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all."- Thomas Paine (The Age of Reason, 1794-1795.)
    "As to religion, I hold it to be the indispensable duty of government to protect all conscientious protesters thereof, and I know of no other business government has to do therewith." - Thomas Paine (Common Sense, 1776.)

Looks like our forefathers were trying to protect Americans from a one ruling religion. Just because most in this nation are Christians, does not make it a Christian nation. Your religion is no more superior than the next. Love thy neighbor, not judge thy neighbor.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Richard wrote,

[/quotYou did e]

So you have been fishing?

There really are Moslems on here just as there are Latinos. Though they do not speak up when Bozos like you get active Roundabout they are welcome here.

I never pretended that this was a sterile enviroment. Nor would I ever try to exclude anyone. The more the merrier. I am here to learn from others as well as to throw my own opinions around. I fear not being wrong.

Secondly, I feel confused by your assesments, am I a Islamic Xenophobe or a Bozo? Which one has more credibility in your eyes?

Thirdly, where are those with such thin skin? I welcome their input. I would presume that others would as well. Perhaps some would like to bash the Islamic faith with all of it's faults. Or is it unassailable?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast