Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: **The Prayer Thread**

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

Prayer, I think, is needed for people across this nation.

I have noticed that to some degree, a little of the fire has been lost to the stress of gas prices and cost's of living altogether going up.

I know ourselves, we have been stressed and it shows, and I also believe that stress in all of us and those who may be thinking about joining our ranks and fighting, is wearing people down to where they have little left to give to this fight.

As well, I have noticed here, that when the good weather comes out, so do all of the illegals with their cocky attitudes (we drove in from the store lastnight and at the top of our driveway a group of these guys were congregating, as they usually do and drinking, and this one decided to act like he was going to kick my vehicle, now do you all think he does that to his fellow illegals here? No he does not). I know we are not the only ones to experience it, and others may be feeling smothered by this kind of thing as well as money and fuel issues too.

Prayer is needed for the relief of Americans, their stress and our gas prices to go down (the Lord can do anything ).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

April
    /

Lord, Please give William and the other patriots,who stand for this just cause, the strength and wisdom to carry on this fight. God Bless Them ALL.

Amen

Dear Lord please protect our nations borders and ports from illegal immigration and terrorism. Also protect and keep safe our food supply and all imports to our country!

Amen!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April

April

AE

Amen.............

I don't know how you guys do it, but the graphics are beautiful...
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

April
    Quote Originally Posted by AE
    Amen.............

I don't know how you guys do it, but the graphics are beautiful...
    Glad you like them AE.

AE

This is not about prayer, but I want to tell you about a place we drove to yesterday with the kids (just about an hours drive from our home).

I brag a lot about where I live. I know our entire country is beautiful though. I am partial to the Northwest, I admit.

We drove up a gravel road, outside of a town in the Columbia River Gorge called "The Dalles" (it is where most settlers on the Oregon Trail came through). This road wound up some steep slopes in switchback fashion (I was glad my husband was the one on the downhill side!!).

We wound up on a place called "Wasco Butte". It is basically on this "line" between Western (green and forested) Oregon and Eastern (tawny, somewhat treeless and rolling hills) Oregon. We could see for miles. We were out in this open meadow, with some small oak trees around. To our left was for miles, the rolling palouse of Eastern Oregon, wheat fields glowing gold, a thunderstorm was setting in with flashes of lightning. To our south, Mt. Hood and the Cascade Mountains with millions of acres of fir and pine on them. To our west was the two valleys that exit into the Columbia River Gorge, where most of our apple, pear and cherry orchards are, Mosier and Hood River Oregon.

We were the only people up there, it was silent other than a strong breeze, the kids talking and an occasional hawk's call. I would guess we were about 3500 feet up.

I cannot imagine, that in such a beautiful place, that so much corruption is around. I wondered that if this is so great and wonderful, in it's sin degraded state, then what will it be like "renewed" (not sure how all will describe the new heaven and new earth to come)?

This was one of those times, when you think you can almost hear God speaking to you, no modern life sounds to interfere.

April
    This was one of those times, when you think you can almost hear God speaking to you, no modern life sounds to interfere
    I understand your experience completely. I have had moments like that in the mountains I visit often. It is if God is very near and what a gift the beauty is!

AE

My father felt that there was no better place to worship God, but out in the middle of nature, without man made stuff to interfere.

Mountains are always a place I can relate to and calm down in.