Page 44 of 177 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another police officer slain by an illegal alien.

I keep calling, leaving messages, it seems most do not want to commit.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoe ... t0919.html

Today, so far, I have phoned: ((200 up for re-election)

Pryor/Arkansas, Littlerock 72223. (200 up for re-election)
    Landrieu/Louisiana, Baton Rouge 70801. ((200 up for re-election)
    Dorgan/N.Dakota, Fargo 58106.
    Domenci/New Mexico, Albuquerque 87114. ((200 up for re-election)
    Bingaman/ " Called anyway.
    Brown/Ohio, Akron 44307.
    Hutchinson/Texas, Dallas 75231
    Cornyn/ Texas, Dallas 75231. ((200 up for re-election)

All undecided so far. Well, except Bingaman and I expressed my Outrage on behalf of my daughter (sophomore at Georgia, but wanted to attend school up North) out-of-state $16,000 extra.

I'm loving this!!!

I'm going down the list of Senators from Numbers USA and hamering home many ponts aginst the DREAM Act and I always close with the new tidbit of info from today's Washington Times article that the DHS is opposed to it because of the potential for rampant fraud in the application process. I tell them it's another "Terrorist DREAM Act" ...just like the recent Kennedy - McCain amnesty bill was. Oh yeah, I'm not forgetting about asking them to vote NO on the H1-B and H2-B visa expansion, either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reply from Senator Isakson:

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me regarding S.774, the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act of 2007. I appreciate your comments and am glad to have the opportunity to respond.

S.774 would repeal the denial of an unlawful alien's eligibility for higher education benefits based on state residence unless a U.S. national is similarly eligible without regard to such state residence. The legislation would apply to a person who entered the U.S. prior to his or her sixteenth birthday and has been present for at least five years, is of good moral character, is not inadmissible or deportable under specified ground of the Immigration and Nationality Act, has been admitted into an institution of higher education or earned a high school diploma, and from age sixteen and older has never been under a final order of exclusion, deportation or removal.

As a leader in the effort to secure our border I have always drawn a clear distinction between legal and illegal immigration. Those individuals who come to our country legally and obey our laws should be welcomed. But at the same time we must secure our borders and end the opportunity of illegal entry. The DREAM act would reward those who have obtained an education in a system in which they have not contributed. I am not supportive of programs that reward those behaviors, but understand the complex details of students who are seeking financial assistance for educational purposes who were brought to this country by their parents without a choice. That being said, should the DREAM Act be brought to the Senate floor, I would not support legislation that will pay for the education of an illegal immigrant when there are thousands of United States citizens who are in need of similar educational funds.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,
    Johnny Isakson
    United States Senator
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You RocK...ZEEZIL....so does EVERYONE....I couldn't be doing anything BETTER....
    ps... yes I could...but there are idiots in elected positions...sooooo
    I would like to be gardening :P
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Re Sen. Hutchsion, it seemed to me her office said she wanted the Defense bill passed quickly, which should not be delayed by the Dream Act. So it seems like she doesn't want the Dream Act added to the DoD bill??

Someone please confirm what you've heard from her office.
    This is not how I perceived the call. It was my view after hanging up that she will vote for Dream so the bill can move on. She is using our troops as political cover , disgraceful if true!

Quote Originally Posted by Delta7757

Dorgan/N.Dakota, Fargo 58106. ((200 up for re-election)
    Brown/Ohio, Akron 44307.

All undecided so far. Well, except Bingaman and I expressed my Outrage on behalf of my daughter (sophomore at Georgia, but wanted to attend school up North) out-of-state $16,000 extra.
    Delta Thanks, all of these up for re-election are playing a dangerous game here i'd say!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

"Sen. Sununu never commits a vote before he's heard both sides of the debate. But, the senator is opposed to amnesty and has voted against it consistently in the past."

A likely NO vote on the DREAM Act here.

Kyl has just been removed from the NumbersUSA No list! LaRaza must have called his cell!

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta7757

Dorgan/N.Dakota, Fargo 58106. ((200 up for re-election)
    Brown/Ohio, Akron 44307.

Delta Thanks, all of these up for re-election are playing a dangerous game here i'd say!!!
    I agree SOSAD, VERY DANGEROUS game for them to be playing if they like their office.