Page 156 of 574 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 5732
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    I need someones help! Call me stupid, but I have little time. Please guide me to the Amendment and section of the constitution that discusses natural born citizenship requirements as well as it's requirement for POTUS. I am particularly interested in finding out more about Obama's mother and how she could not bestow natural born citizenship status on her son since she wasn't in the country for a long enough period.
    TexasBorn,

This forum has discussed just about every aspect of the subject within the last 61 pages because this is the reason why Obama is believed to be ineligible to be President. There have been some splendid explanations and reviews of historical documents as well.

A quick summary that will get you started can be found here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17441596/NBC- ... rn-Citizen

http://www.scribd.com/doc/10562711/Ligh ... -No-08A524

After reviewing these documents I would suggest starting at the beginning of this forum and catching up on the conversations that have been held so far.
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

Cayla and Highlander, thanks for the info. Honestly, I feel very inadequate at times when it comes to constitutional law. I pride myself on subject knowledge for the most part but this is an area where I am trumped by many others with much greater knowledge than mine. As I mentioned in my previous posting, there are many people out there who say that if there was any issues with Obama's eligibility it would have been brought out by "credible" sources inside the government, including the Supreme Court. In the end, those who don't believe in this won't change their mind unless someone comes forward and presents it to them.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Did anyone watch O'Reilly tonight? He discussed the BC issue and said that Fox News debunked this last year after they requested and received "proof" from Obama's supposed birth hospital in Hawaii? How did Fox receive this information if nobody else can?? They are also discussing how Richard Cohen at Southern Poverty Law center called for the firing of Lou Dobbs because he won't let this BC issue go.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I thought we had "Freedom of Speech"

I guess we only do if we say stuff that is ALLOWED to be spoken....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.therightsideoflife.com/?p=6805#comment-18451

Congress Goes Wild on Hawaii, Natural Born Citizenship
    Submitted by Phil on Mon, Jul 27, 2009No Comment
    CNN reporter Lou Dobbs (and others in the press, including El Rushbo) really got the rhetorical juices flowing on eligibility by seriously discussing Mr. Obama’s birth certificate (or lack thereof). In fact, according to WhoRunsGov.com, some individuals are so mad at Mr. Dobbs that they’ve set up a site to try to take him out of the reporter’s chair:

By the way, Media Matters has unveiled a new site solely devoted to attacking Lou Dobbs and CNN for turning the network over to birthers, which is another sign that the birther tale is good business both sides.

And as you might have noticed from the referenced link, now Congress is officially trying to get around the eligibility issue as Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-HI) attempted to introduce legislation that not only recognizes the 50th anniversary of Hawaii as the 50th State, but declaring that Mr. Obama was born there (via OpenCongress.org):

While the struggle to pass health-care reform legislation continues as the biggest story in Congress right now, that other “newsâ€
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

..we're getting so close, I can taste it..!! ;)

..from: www.alipac.us/ftopict-164752-.html ..again, thanks to all that contribute..

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach

BORN IN THE USA?
    CNN wrong once again – birth record not destroyed

Hawaii contradicts network boss' claim that Obama certificate no longer exists

Posted: July 27, 2009
    8:36 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

Directly contradicting CNN chief Jon Klein – who ordered host Lou Dobbs to quit discussing President Obama's birth certificate – the Hawaii Department of Health affirmed that no paper birth certificates were destroyed when the department moved to electronic record-keeping.

"I am not aware of any birth certificate records that have been destroyed by the department," Janice Okubo, public information officer for the Hawaii DOH, told WND. "When the department went electronic in 2001, vital records, whether in paper form or any other form, [were] maintained. We don't destroy records."

Okubo affirmed that beginning in 2001, all vital records, including birth records, moved to electronic formats.

"Any records that we had in paper or any other form before 2001 are still in file within the department," she insisted. "We have not destroyed any vital statistics records that we have."

Last Thursday, Klein, CNN's U.S. president, told staffers of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" the issue of Obama's birth certificate and his eligibility to be president is a "dead" story.

1st eligibility movie debuts on Obama's birthday! Order the DVD that probes this unprecedented presidential mystery!

According to MediaBistro.com, Klein wrote in an e-mail that CNN researchers found Hawaiian records were discarded in 2001 when the state's records system went electronic. Therefore, Klein said, Obama's original long-form birth certificate no longer exists. A computer-generated abbreviated version that has been promoted on the Internet is the official record, he said.

"It seems to definitively answer the question," Klein wrote. "Since the show's mission is for Lou to be the explainer and enlightener, he should be sure to cite this during your segment tonite. And then it seems this story is dead – because anyone who still is not convinced doesn't really have a legitimate beef."

Hawaii's Okubu refused to say whether the DOH has Obama's original long-form birth certificate, explaining state law prohibited her from commenting on the birth records of any specific person.

Join the petition campaign to make President Obama reveal his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate!

Okubu's refusal to comment on the status of Obama's long-form birth certificate seemed to contradict an Oct. 31, 2008, letter by Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of health for the state of Hawaii. Fukino claimed he personally saw and could verify that Hawaii had Obama's original long-form birth certificate on file.

But both Okubu and Fukino are now on the record contradicting CNN's claim that Hawaii had destroyed Obama's long-form birth certificate when the health department went electronic in 2001.

The White House has refused to acknowledge repeated requests from WND that Obama authorize the Hawaii DOH to release all his birth records, including his original long-form birth certificate.

WND also has reported Obama has not released his kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, files from his years as an Illinois state senator, Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records and his adoption records.

WND also has reported on dozens of legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105233

Psalm 139:14
    ..good post GP..!!

Lou Dobbs, one of the FEW of integrity left over at CNN (Communist News Network)

CNN's Puppet Master Jon Klein paid off? Probably

In addition, the question over Obama's eligibility is being raised on billboards nationwide.

The billboard campaign follows an ongoing petition campaign launched several months ago..

Send a contribution to support the national billboard campaign that asks a simple question: "Where's the birth certificate?"

MANY articles/links www.wnd.com/eligibility over at World Net Daily..!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

over at www.alipac.us/ftopic-139157-days0-orderasc-50.html , I HAVE to give it to Jim Sumpter, of ( www.JimSumpterShow.com )

"..telling it like it is..!!"

(..also has podcasts, etc)

3hr LIVE broadcast (9a-12p PT/12-3p ET) at above link.. (to about 60-70 stations)

..usually, for me, Radio Station www.k-talk.com broadcasts 2hrs LIVE (10a-12p PT/12-2p ET), but sometimes only an hour.

..k-talk has more regular 2hr repeats on from 10p-12a PT/1-3a ET

Maybe some calls will help persuade mine, and your stations to air MORE of Jim..

..as, he's on it..!!!

[But, he's got to elaborate, despite how much Bush hurt the Republican Party..

..THAT party HAS 65-70% integrity..

..which is ALMOST the flip for the LEFTISTS (what’s left of left?) Democrats (see www.BetterImmigration.org )]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BIG PS: STOP the chaos, ..this so-called ‘administration’ is a FARCE..!! ..just bust the fascist-marxist usurper & the mafia gang NOW..!! (..for starters, go to: www.alipac.us/ftopict-137238.html , ..and www.TheObamaFile.com )
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Hawaii Asserts Obama's U.S. Citizenship

Hawaii Asserts Obama's U.S. Citizenship
    JAYMES SONG Tuesday, Jul. 28, 2009

(HONOLULU) — State officials in Hawaii on Monday said they have once again checked and confirmed that President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen, and therefore meets a key constitutional requirement for being president.

Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said she hoped to end lingering rumors about Obama's birthplace.
    (Read "Certified American.")

"I ... have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen," she said in a brief statement. "I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago."

So-called "birthers" — who claim Obama is ineligible to be president because, they argue, he was actually born outside the United States — have grown more vocal recently on blogs and television news shows.

Fukino issued a similar press release Oct. 31, but was prompted to speak out again because of the renewed attention on Obama's beginnings. Hawaii's Health Department has been flooded in recent weeks with questions from individuals and several national TV news networks asking for proof that Obama was indeed born in Hawaii.

"They just keep asking over and over and over again," Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo said.

The Constitution states that a person must be a "natural-born citizen" to be eligible for the presidency. Birthers contend that Obama's birth certificate is a fake, and many say he was actually born in Kenya, his father's homeland. They've challenged his citizenship in court.

One widely circulated YouTube clip of a town hall meeting showed a Republican congressman getting booed for saying Obama is a citizen. Talk show host Rush Limbaugh and CNN's Lou Dobbs have also raised the issue, and 10 Republican members of Congress co-sponsored a bill that would require future presidential candidates to provide a copy of their original birth certificate.

However, it appears Congress has moved on and has accepted Obama's island birthplace. The U.S. House on Monday unanimously approved a resolution recognizing and celebrating the 50th anniversary of Hawaii becoming the 50th state. A clause was included that reads: "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961."

State law bars the release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.

However, Obama's birth certificate along with birth notices from the two Honolulu newspapers were brought forward even before he took office. But that's done nothing to shake the belief by many Obama critics that the president was born abroad.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/artic ... s-politics
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All very interesting posts yesterday, but I have four points to make.

1. It is clear to me now that government figures are circling the wagons to protect Obama. Why? Beats me. I just know that is what I see happening.

2. The birth certificate is moot, and Obama's natural born citizenship status is still based on his father's British citizenship. But that is important only if you are concerned with a rational and historical consideration of the situation.

3. Congress does not have the authority to declare where someone was born.

4. We're watching history being re-written. This should encourage all of us to seek power and money so that we can also re-write history in our own favor. This is the Washington way.

As a side note on the media, including O'Reilly, it appears to this humble pilgrim that O'Reilly has been told by Fox management to kill this subject. Let's see what happens to Lou Dobbs. If he gets fired for asking questions, it will be a crime to us all, but it will also show us how big a challenge we have when we try to get rid of the 'Protected One.'

I just wish someone in government would break ranks and tell it like it is. Sadly, I don't see any self reliant truth tellers in Washington.
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

Obama's father was British

This is old news, but reflects the fact (according to the Obama supported AAPC) that Obama's father was a British subject, and NOT a U.S. citizen, and acknowledges that Obama had dual citizenship at one time.

Also note the question asked about Obama being a Kenyan citizen is a ruse. The real question should be whether or not Obama is a natural born citizen.

The father's citizenship status automatically excludes Obama from being a natural born citizen - until Congress redefines NBC as is being offered by Congressman Nathan Deal (R) to include anyone born on American soil.

The following article regarding Obama’s citizenship is found at:

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/d ... nship.html

August 29, 2008

==================

FactCheck.org

The Annenberg Political Fact Check is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg in 1994 to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels.

The APPC accepts NO funding from business corporations, labor unions, political parties, lobbying organizations or individuals. It is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.

Question: Does Barack Obama have Kenyan citizenship?

The Rocky Mountain News has reported (below) that Barack Obama "Holds both American and Kenyan (since 1963) citizenship." Is this true?

The Rocky Mountain News
    August 6, 2008

Entered Harvard Law School in 1988, was elected the first African–American editor of the Harvard Law Review. He graduated magna cum laude in 1991. (HJ - How did they know?)

Won two Grammys for Best Spoken Word Albums for an autobiography in 1995 “Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritanceâ€

H.R.1868

Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009

To amend section 301 of the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify those classes of individuals born in the United States who are nationals and citizens of the United States at birth.

current 111st session of congress

OpenCongress Summary:
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1868/show

This bill would eliminate birthright citizenship for children born to undocumented immigrants in the U.S. Current U.S. law automatically recognizes any person born on American soil as a natural born citizen. Under the bill, only children with at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident, or an undocumented immigrant serving in the military would be considered citizens.

Other Bill Titles (2 more)Hide Other Bill Titles

* Short: Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 as introduced.
    * Official: To amend section 301 of the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify those classes of individuals born in the United States who are nationals and citizens of the United States at birth. as introduced.

4/2/2009--Introduced.

Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009 - Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to consider a person born in the United States "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States for citizenship at birth purposes if the person is born in the United States of parents, one of whom is:

(1) a U.S. citizen or national;
    (2) a lawful permanent resident alien whose residence is in the United States; or
    (3) an alien performing active service in the U.S. Armed Forces.

Sponsor

* Rep. Nathan Deal [R, GA-9]
    * and 82 Co-Sponsors
    o Rep. W. Akin [R, MO-2]
    o Rep. Rodney Alexander [R, LA-5]
    o Rep. Spencer Bachus [R, AL-6]
    o Rep. James Barrett [R, SC-3]
    o Rep. Roscoe Bartlett [R, MD-6]
    o Rep. Brian Bilbray [R, CA-50]
    o Rep. Gus Bilirakis [R, FL-9]
    o Rep. Jo Bonner [R, AL-1]
    o Rep. John Boozman [R, AR-3]
    o Rep. Kevin Brady [R, TX-8]
    o Rep. Paul Broun [R, GA-10]
    o Rep. Henry Brown [R, SC-1]
    o Rep. Michael Burgess [R, TX-26]
    o Rep. Dan Burton [R, IN-5]
    o Rep. Ken Calvert [R, CA-44]
    o Rep. John Campbell [R, CA-48]
    o Rep. John Carter [R, TX-31]
    o Rep. Jason Chaffetz [R, UT-3]
    o Rep. Howard Coble [R, NC-6]
    o Rep. Mike Coffman [R, CO-6]
    o Rep. K. Conaway [R, TX-11]
    o Rep. John Culberson [R, TX-7]
    o Rep. Geoff Davis [R, KY-4]
    o Rep. John Duncan [R, TN-2]
    o Rep. John Fleming [R, LA-4]
    o Rep. Jeffrey Fortenberry [R, NE-1]
    o Rep. Virginia Foxx [R, NC-5]
    o Rep. Trent Franks [R, AZ-2]
    o Rep. Scott Garrett [R, NJ-5]
    o Rep. John Gingrey [R, GA-11]
    o Rep. Louis Gohmert [R, TX-1]
    o Rep. Robert Goodlatte [R, VA-6]
    o Rep. Samuel Graves [R, MO-6]
    o Rep. Ralph Hall [R, TX-4]
    o Rep. Dean Heller [R, NV-2]
    o Rep. Jeb Hensarling [R, TX-5]
    o Rep. Walter Herger [R, CA-2]
    o Rep. Duncan Hunter [R, CA-52]
    o Rep. Darrell Issa [R, CA-49]
    o Rep. Samuel Johnson [R, TX-3]
    o Rep. Walter Jones [R, NC-3]
    o Rep. Jim Jordan [R, OH-4]
    o Rep. Peter King [R, NY-3]
    o Rep. Jack Kingston [R, GA-1]
    o Rep. John Kline [R, MN-2]
    o Rep. Doug Lamborn [R, CO-5]
    o Rep. John Linder [R, GA-7]
    o Rep. Daniel Lungren [R, CA-3]
    o Rep. Kenny Marchant [R, TX-24]
    o Rep. Tom McClintock [R, CA-4]
    o Rep. Thaddeus McCotter [R, MI-11]
    o Rep. Howard McKeon [R, CA-25]
    o Rep. John Mica [R, FL-7]
    o Rep. Gary Miller [R, CA-42]
    o Rep. Jerry Moran [R, KS-1]
    o Rep. Sue Myrick [R, NC-9]
    o Rep. Randy Neugebauer [R, TX-19]
    o Rep. Mike Pence [R, IN-6]
    o Rep. Joseph Pitts [R, PA-16]
    o Rep. Todd Platts [R, PA-19]
    o Rep. Ted Poe [R, TX-2]
    o Rep. Bill Posey [R, FL-15]
    o Rep. Tom Price [R, GA-6]
    o Rep. Michael Rogers [R, AL-3]
    o Rep. Dana Rohrabacher [R, CA-46]
    o Rep. Peter Roskam [R, IL-6]
    o Rep. Edward Royce [R, CA-40]
    o Rep. Peter Sessions [R, TX-32]
    o Rep. John Shadegg [R, AZ-3]
    o Rep. William Shuster [R, PA-9]
    o Rep. Adrian Smith [R, NE-3]
    o Rep. Lamar Smith [R, TX-21]
    o Rep. Mark Souder [R, IN-3]
    o Rep. Clifford Stearns [R, FL-6]
    o Rep. John Sullivan [R, OK-1]
    o Rep. Gene Taylor [D, MS-4]
    o Rep. Todd Tiahrt [R, KS-4]
    o Rep. Zach Wamp [R, TN-3]
    o Rep. Lynn Westmoreland [R, GA-3]
    o Rep. Edward Whitfield [R, KY-1]
    o Rep. Addison Wilson [R, SC-2]
    o Rep. Rob Wittman [R, VA-1]