Page 50 of 574 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

In my opinion anyone holding any political office should be a NBC and before he/she runs for office they should have to show that Birth Certificate (in person not on the internet), that goes for the Mayor up to Governor and all state and federal legislatures.

They should also not be allowed to be a dual citizen...that is a blantant conflict of interest.

Anyone refusing to show the Birth Cirtificate should be immediately disqualified for any office in the United States.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I agree that if they acquired dual citizenship through circumstance, such as during their childhood, it would be somewhat uncooth to willfully retain it if they were elected to a national office.

From what I read, Obama's mother was single at the time of conception, and was married to Obama Sr. when she was around three months along, on Maui.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFirst
    And the truly interesting thing is that, if the records were to be revealed and it turned out that his mother was SINGLE and his birth was in Hawaii, then he would have been a Natural Born Citizen at birth.

and...

It's my understanding that he might travel abroad nowadays, as a Senator, on a special passport which might not have required much more in the way of proof than a Certification of Live Birth. Likely this would be due to the presumptions that would have attached to what he would have been believed to have proven to local/state party leaders in Illinois to run for his elected office. (And we know how solidly that stuff must get vetted after watching this story unravel, right?)
    Three thoughts.

1. I believe the mother's marital status is irrelevant to the parent citizenship requirement for NBC.

2. If a DNA test on Obama showed that Obama Sr. wasn't Barack Obama's father, and that an actual U.S. citizen is/was Obama's father, then he might actually have U.S. citizenship.

3. FOIA should reveal Obama DoS passport information. He is, after all, a private citizen at this time.

How did we ever let such a stupid situation occur in the first place? Is it too late to re-do the election?
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    From what I read, Obama's mother was single at the time of conception, and was married to Obama Sr. when she was around three months along, on Maui.
    And the father was who?
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

We would probably get Biden
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I don't see the relevance of who the father was, as long as he was born in Hawaii and mom was a citizen. The idea that the father's status overrides anything was an old, old law no longer in effect.

And, remember that shot of Sarah Palin's legs and pump heels? Hope they never snap Biden from that angle.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    I don't see the relevance of who the father was, as long as he was born in Hawaii and mom was a citizen. The idea that the father's status overrides anything was an old, old law no longer in effect.
    Maybe you can show where the law was rescinded or where it expired. If neither of these events occurred, it's still law.

Are you talking about the law that refers to the citizenship status of foreign born children of one American parent? In that case, the mother transmit citizenship automatically but if it is the father, then he must take extra steps.

I was referring to something I read about that was much older. That gets complicated and is broken down somewhat helpfully here: http://www.shusterman.com/acquisit.html

Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderJuan

[
    Three thoughts.

1. I believe the mother's marital status is irrelevant to the parent citizenship requirement for NBC.

2. If a DNA test on Obama showed that Obama Sr. wasn't Barack Obama's father, and that an actual U.S. citizen is/was Obama's father, then he might actually have U.S. citizenship.

3. FOIA should reveal Obama DoS passport information. He is, after all, a private citizen at this time.

How did we ever let such a stupid situation occur in the first place? Is it too late to re-do the election?
    1. I ran this by another attorney when Donofrio made the observation that a single mom situation would give rise to NBC, and we're all coming to the same conclusion. If the original certificate were to show no father and only a mother, then NBC at birth. If the original certificate shows a later addition of a father, or several fathers via adoption, still an NBC at birth. (Hard to see that happening, given the newspaper announcement.) If there's an acknowledged father, but the marital status is unmarried, then Barack Jr. would be an NBC due to the "legitimated children" provisions of the relevant 1948 British law. His U.K. citizenship would not be conferred until the date of an actual marriage. Look under the section noted below roman numeral III.

http://www.uniset.ca/naty/BNA1948.htm

Even as far as our own caselaw, we've got a lot of situations of American soldiers whose illegitimate offspring born overseas -- even with acknowledgement by the fathers that they were the fathers -- couldn't get American citizenship. Most of those cases arose during the Vietnam era.

2. Exhuming a body over in Kenya would be a dicey proposition. [shudders at that idea] I don't know much about DNA testing, but if there's a need for testing samples from both parents to figure out which parent contributed what DNA to their offspring, then the preference for cremations is not reassuring.

3. FOIA claim out of NY is in the courts right now, by a guy who tried to get Obama's travel information from State Department and can't get it.

There are bloggers and researchers reporting that things they could get copies of, at earlier stages of their investigations, are now inaccessible. So it makes a person wonder what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    You can attend college in absentia, correspondence courses or exchange student. Just because they say she was enrolled, does not mean she was phsycally at school.

Also, have y'all seen this? Looks like Globe Magazine has picked up the Obama news. Remember, consider the sorce.

http://www.globemagazine.com/story/286

Don't discredit this Gossip Mag for one simple reason, this is going to be in the faces of Americans at grocery stores and news stands across the nation. Maybe enough Americans will catch onto the importance of why Obama's citizenship should be verified before he takes office.

Obama Under Fire!

PRESIDENT-elect Barack Obama is being hit by shocking charges - it's against the law for him to take office because he isn't a "natural-born" U.S. citizen! A stunning lawsuit by a former government official claims the 47-year-old politician was actually born in Kenya, which would disqualify him from office. GLOBE's Special Report rips the lid off the simmering controversy. It's must reading for every American!

Dixie
    I think this paper may keep Obama and crew hopping this next 4 years Your right it is going to make for some interesting reading