Page 98 of 574 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Barack Obama's citizenship questioned

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Re: Rehashing some earlier discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlanderJuan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayla99

It has been lost in the shuffle, but about 3 weeks ago I saw a copy of their divorce decree on the net. The decree LOOKED legit to me, and I have looked at quite a few in my old profession. There was some kind of marriage in order for their to be a divorce.
    Stanley Ann divorces (Obama, Soetoro) can be found here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12234409/Divo ... ges-Merged

and here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9193269/Soetoro-Divorce

I don't suspect anyone has thought of approaching the divorce attorneys for their historical recollection of the events surrounding the divorces.

If still around, these guys might have interesting stories to tell.
    The lawyer who handled the case for Stanley Ann Dunham died a number of years ago. In the 1990's. I found his obituary. He was working at the firm you see on the divorce papers in 1964 and then left that firm to co-found another firm in 1970. Both firms still exist although the name of one of them has morphed a bit. It's not known if he'd have taken the case files with him, for client matters that he handled, or left them with the original firm. It would depend on whether he was an associate or a partner, quite likely. (Associates would typically leave files behind.)

The minimum time for keeping old client records archived in most jurisdictions is 7 years. Keeping them longer is optional. Before destroying them, lawyers are supposed to contact the clients and offer to send their files to them for permanent retention by the client.

There is also a notion of "attorney client privilege" which might put those files, even if they weren't shredded or returned to the client after the statututory records retention period, off limits to outsiders trying to get the records. The generally prevalent rule is that attorney-client confidentiality privilege survives even the death of the client.

Obama Sr. never hired an attorney to defend himself in the divorce action. He signed his name to voluntarily consent to the terms of the divorce, and did so from Cambridge, MA where he was still in school.

I was actually thinking that someone, some unnamed person, would have explored the attorney(s) involved. And there you are!

Sad the story has ended. I was really hoping for some undocumented, 'oh, yeah, I remember them...' tales.

Better luck next time.

BTW, If the Obamas weren't married, why did senior bother agreeing to divorce from Cambridge? Afraid of getting kicked out of the U.S.?
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Call to Dr. Taitz's office:

Dr. Orly Taitz, Esq. just received a phone call from Karen Thornton at the Department of Justice. She stated that all of Orly's documents and filings have been forwarded to the Office of Solicitor General, Elena Kagan. That includes all three Dossiers, the Quo Warranto Easterling v. Obama aka Soetoro. Please show your support that we want these matters and investigations looked into immediately, 202-514-2203.

Elena Kagan, Office of Solicitor General

Coincidently, after Dr. Taitz called me with that update, she received another call from Officer Giaccino at the Supreme Court. Officer Giaccino stated both pleadings have been received and being analyzed now. Also, Justice Roberts must be back because the Officer also stated that all the documents that were given to Chief Justice Roberts at Iowan University are now at the Supreme Court and are also being analyzed. We will be notified tomorrow after 1:00pm EST as to whether they will be on the docket at the Supreme Court.

http://defendourfreedoms.us/
    Ok, Law for dummies needed here, Why would it have gone to Office of Solicitor General? That is good right? I mean for us, not necessarily Obama. Does this mean the Supreme Court is now in the position where they need to take this seriously? or at least pretend to?
    Maybe it's because the papers mentioned Quo Warranto? But the District of Columbia statute respecting Quo Warrento identifies the Attorney General of the U.S. or the U.S. Attorney for District of Columbia as the appropriate prosecutorial individuals for filing a Q.W. on behalf of the interests of "the people" in having only eligible officials in office. (The thinking was that if the U.S. Attorney was still a holdover Bush appointee, a request for Quo Warranto might be entertained more seriously.)

That statute doesn't identify the Solicitor General. However, since the Solicitor General is the "litigating arm" of the Justice Dept (and not the Attorney General, who serves more of an overall administrative role but doesn't go running into court to argue cases), then having that office take a look at the papers might have a bearing on discussions about its merits.

http://www.usdoj.gov/osg/

IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
    Just as Eric Holder is an Obama appointee as Attorney General, Elena Kagan is an Obama appointee as Solicitor General.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Kagan

Given the "conflict of interest" issues both have, because they are beholden to Obama for their jobs and were his political allies, requesting the services of a Special Prosecutor would be the ETHICALLY appropriate action. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen; they could just as easily scoff at a Quo Warranto request as "lunatic fringe" and decline to lift a finger to refer it to someone more neutral.

I don't know how SCOTUS can take up a matter if there is no currently pending Writ of Certiorari before them, from Taitz. (She and Donofrio are, flat out, missing the boat for not preparing the Writ and for choosing to rely only on emergent Petitions for Stay ... we are not seeing good procedurally-cognizant lawyering IMHO.) I "suppose" the Justices could, in their infinite power, decide to entertain a new review of the earlier Petition for Stay matter, particularly if it turns out that Taitz's allegation is true and that a clerk failed to send a supplemental brief through the proper channels to reach the Justices (or their personal Law Clerks who "digest" everything that the Justices read) in the days leading up to their weekly conference of Lightfoot v. Bowen.

The most likely scenario in getting an effectively "lawyered" case going is going to be a wealthy institution getting their ox gored by something Obama signs into law, and then attacking him as illegitimately in power, rendering the enactment null and void. Or a group of plaintiffs banding together in a solid class action lawsuit with ironclad basis for "standing" because they have suffered unique harm.

Classic possibility: a financial firm of some kind might want to holler "Lawyer up!" at the White House, now that Obama and Geithner are talking about empowering rapid-fire government takeovers of any kind of financial firm (and not just failing banks or S&Ls regulated by FDIC or FSLIC) such as insurance or brokerages etc. if they suspect they are faltering. Where's the "due process" in doing that? A sudden take-over is like a "taking" isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFirst
    Classic possibility: a financial firm of some kind might want to holler "Lawyer up!" at the White House, now that Obama and Geithner are talking about empowering rapid-fire government takeovers of any kind of financial firm (and not just failing banks or S&Ls regulated by FDIC or FSLIC) such as insurance or brokerages etc. if they suspect they are faltering. Where's the "due process" in doing that? A sudden take-over is like a "taking" isn't it?
    A taking yes, but for how much. I smell pure Chicago pay-off politics here.

Follow the money.
    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot. -- Mark Twain

I was actually thinking that someone, some unnamed person, would have explored the attorney(s) involved. And there you are!

Sad the story has ended. I was really hoping for some undocumented, 'oh, yeah, I remember them...' tales.

Better luck next time.

BTW, If the Obamas weren't married, why did senior bother agreeing to divorce from Cambridge? Afraid of getting kicked out of the U.S.?
    No, in fact, marriage to an American might have kept him on a stayover in the U.S. if he didn't want to return to Kenya after his student visa ended. But he seems to have had "big plans" about how important he would be once he got his degree and returned to Kenya. (Also a possibility: if they actually flew to Maui and DID get married, then would he have been deemed a bigamist and deportable ... regardless of student visa?)

One question sets off another and another. Lots of skeletons in that family closet.

I am becoming increasingly inclined toward the belief that they never got married, and made up a "story" about the elopement to Maui to tell the Dunham parents and their own friends at UH. The Dunhams may have gone to the "Little Red Church on the Hill" in Bellevue, WA and have moved around a lot, but in the context of 1961 social mores, an unwed pregnant teen was still going to send even unconventional parents into a tizzy. The fact that Stanley Ann dropped out of 2nd semester at UH to go into hiding (apparently) shows what that era was like. For a time, there were Freepers speculating she might have even returned to the mainland -- like a home for unwed teens in the Seattle area or across the border into Canada. The only thing that is certain is that she wasn't enrolled as a student from January 1961 through August 1961, and in Fall '61 she was popping up in Seattle to enroll at UW.

The absence of a marriage license is bothersome. It's not just bloggers who've been unable to get a copy of it, but people like Time magazine's Amanda Ripley, who appears to have taken the job of researching Obama's background seriously. She was writing about the divorce decree as her only "evidence" of the marriage nearly a year before Ed Hale hired the Private Investigator to get a copy of it to post on the web.

I've looked through the checklist of what is required, at present, under Hawaii statutes to file for divorce and there's no obligation to furnish a copy of a marriage license. The courts apparently think that if you claim you got married in a sworn pleading for divorce, then it must be true.

So, if the allegedly "married couple" lied to the parents (hers) about the elopement, or if the whole gang of them had lied about the existence of a marriage in the birth announcement, then those parents might have paid for a lawyer to file for her to get a divorce around the time she'd taken up with Soetoro.

So, if the allegedly "married couple" lied to the parents (hers) about the elopement, or if the whole gang of them had lied about the existence of a marriage in the birth announcement, then those parents might have paid for a lawyer to file for her to get a divorce around the time she'd taken up with Soetoro.
    This is so bizarre. You can't make this stuff up. One lie leads to another.

FreedomFirst,

Does this make things clearer or muddier? It appears there is proof the clerk was a bad bad boy.

[quote]

Yesterday, Dr. Orly Taitz, attorney for Plaintiffs in Lightfoot v. Bowen, officially resubmitted her case, alleging that Supreme Court of the US (SCOTUS) Clerk Danny Bickell refused to follow established procedures in handling the case.

Dr. Taitz also confirmed the following:

It has been learned, proven, and now documented that many of the signed receipt documents send in since December have not been received. Dr. Taitz, or our Lady Liberty, will have a full detailed account for everyone soon.

Simultaneously, a Motion for Leave to File Writ of Quo Warranto was similarly filed against the President, Gov. Linda Lingle (R-HI), “to provide evidence,â€
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Joe Biden apparently cracked what he thought were funny jokes at the Gridiron roast, as a stand-in for Obama, including one joke about the Birth Certificate.

http://dyn.politico.com/members/forums/ ... id=2210379

[quote][size=150]VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN KILLS AT GRIDIRON: “Axelrod really wanted me to do this on teleprompter -- but I told him I’m much better when I wing it. … I know these evenings run long, so I’m going to be brief. Talk about the audacity of hope. … President Obama does send his greetings, though. He can’t be here tonight -- because he’s busy getting ready for Easter. (Whisper) He thinks it’s about him. …

“I know that no president has missed his first Gridiron since Grover Cleveland. Of course, President Cleveland really did have better things to do on a Saturday night. When he was in the White House -- he was married to a 21 year old woman. … I understand these are dark days for the newspaper business, but I hate it when people say that newspapers are obsolete. That’s totally untrue. I know from firsthand experience. I recently got a puppy, and you can’t housebreak a puppy on the Internet.

“Now let’s see: we have a Republican speaker who was born in Austria, and tonight’s Democratic speaker was born in Canada. Folks, this is Lou Dobbs’ worst nightmare. … We are now two months into the Obama-Biden administration and the President and I have become extremely close. To give you an idea of how close we are, he told me that next year -- maybe, just maybe -- he’s going to give me his blackberry email address. … But the Obama Administration really is a good team. I am the experienced veteran. Rahm can be an enforcer. And Tim Geithner is always there when you need to borrow money. And no questions asked.

“ You know, I never realized just how much power Dick Cheney had until my first day on the job. I walked into my office, and you know how the outgoing president always leaves the incoming president a note in his desk? I opened my drawer and Dick Cheney had left me Barack Obama’s birth certificate. … I now realize that we have to be extra careful when we annunciate new policy ideas to make sure they don’t look like they’re personally motivated. For example, the other day there were a whole bunch of stories about the President’s hair going gray; the next day there’s a story about a Vice President who’s trying to grow new hair, and then the day after that, the two of us come out in favor of stem cell research. That looked bad.

“I’d like to address some of the things I said: Like when I said that ‘JOBS’ is a three-letter word. I did say that. But I didn’t mean it literally. It’s like how, right now, most people think AIG is a four-letter word. … Or when I announced our stimulus package website, I was asked how you get to it: All I said was I didn’t know the website number. What I really meant to say was, ‘Ted Stevens didn’t tell me what tube the website is in.’â€

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    The courts apparently think that if you claim you got married in a sworn pleading for divorce, then it must be true.

Stanley Ann D. Obama didn't just lie to her parents.

She and her parents didn't just lie to the two newspapers.

Stanley Ann D. Obama subscribed and swore to the fact that she and Barack Obama Snr. married at Wailuku, Maui, on Feb. 2, 1961. The Hawaii Circuit Judge acted upon that uncontested statement and incorporated it into the divorce decree as the event which was precedent to the divorce.

All parties involved are dead. The court's ruling stands, and has stood for 45 years. I can't imagine any way to get a review of that ruling, much less overturn it; can you? Whether their marriage was fictional or factual in the sight of God, in the sight of the judiciary, it is an established fact. And it is the judiciary with which we have to do here. Conjecture all you like, but that case is closed.

Allow me to post it again, for those who didn't see it on the previous page.

Kenya (and Is|am) allowed multiple wives. Even though Barack Obama Snr. was still married to Kezia Obama in Kenya, and Stanley Ann D. Obama knew it, she got a divorce rather than an annulment. Doesn't their divorce indicate that the State of Hawai'i considered them to be married just as Kenya did?

Isn't the following libel for divorce, sworn to by Stanley Ann D. Obama, adequate proof of her marriage to Barack Obama Snr.?

(Her statement that they were "lawfully married" imparts new meaning to the word, "lawfully".
    No matter... even in this alternate reality,
    "married" still means "married".)

www.plainsradio.com/obama1.html

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE FIRST JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
    STATE OF HAWAII
    DIVISION OF DOMESTIC RELATIONS
    AT CHAMBERS
    IN DIVORCE

STANLEY ANN D. OBAMA,
    Libellant,
    vs.
    BARACK H. OBAMA,
    Libellee.

GRIEVOUS MENTAL SUFFERING

LIBEL FOR DIVORCE

TO THE HONORABLE THE PRESIDING JUDGE OF THE ABOVE ENTITLED COURT:

Comes now STANLEY ANN D. OBAMA, Libellant above named, and complaining of BARACK H. OBAMA, Libellee above named, respectfully shows as follows:

I
    That Libellant is now and for more than two years past has been a resident of Honolulu, City and County of Honolulu, State of Hawaii; that Libellee is residing at 170 Magazine Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts.

II
    That Libellant and Libellee were lawfully married in Wailuku, Maui, State of Hawaii, on February 2, 1961, by a person duly authorized to perform marriage ceremonies and ever since that date have been and are now husband and wife.

III
    That Libellant and Libellee last lived together as husband and wife in Honolulu, Hawaii, but said parties are now living apart.

IV
    That one child has been born to said Libellant and Libellee as issue of said marriage, to wit: BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, II, a son, born August 4, 1961.

etc. ...

DATED: Honolulu, Hawaii, this 20th day of January, 1964.

(signed) Stanley Ann D. Obama

STANLEY ANN D. OBAMA, being first duly sworn on oath deposes and says: That she is the Libellant above named; that she has read the foregoing libel for divorce, knows and understands the contents thereof and that the same are true.

(signed) Stanley Ann D. Obama

Subscribed and sworn to before me this 20th day of January, 1964.

(signed) Notary Public, First Judicial Circuit, State of Hawaii.

STATE OF HAWAII
    AT CHAMBERS
    IN DIVORCE

STANLEY ANN D. OBAMA,
    Libellant,
    vs.
    BARACK H. OBAMA,
    Libellee.

M O T I O N

Now comes STANLEY ANN D. OBAMA, Libellant herein, by her attorney, GEORGE L. T. KERR, and hereby moves that an order be entered herein directing that notice of the pendency of the libel herein and of the time and place of hearing thereon be given to the Libellee personally by mailing to said Libellee a certified copy of the libel on file herein and of this motion for an order fixing the time and place of hearing, and of said order; said documents to be sent to said Libellee by registered mail, return receipt requested; said receipt to be signed by the Libellee personally.

This motion is based upon the records and files herein and upon the libel personally verified by the Libellant which states that the post office address of the Libellee is 170 Magazine Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts.

DATED: Honolulu, Hawaii, this 20th day of January, 1964.

(signed) George L. T. Kerr
    1410 First National Bank Bldg.
    Honolulu, Hawaii

HENSHAW, CONROY, & HAMILTON
    of Counsel Attorney for Libellant

STATE OF HAWAII
    AT CHAMBERS
    IN DIVORCE

STANLEY ANN D. OBAMA,
    Libellant,
    vs.
    BARACK H. OBAMA,
    Libellee.

O R D E R

Upon reading the Libel for Divorce heretofore filed herein by the above named STANLEY ANN D. OBAMA, Libellant, against BARACK H. OBAMA, Libellee, and the motion for an order directing that service of process be made upon the Libellee personally by registered mail, and good cause appearing therefor and the Court being fully advised in the premeses;

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:

1. That the hearing on and with respect to said Libel be held at the Judiciary Building in Honolulu, State of Hawaii, at 9:30 a.m. on the first Tuesday after thirty (30) days have elapsed from and after the date when said Libellee shall have been served personally with process as hereinafter provided;

2. That notice of the pendency of said Libel and of said time and place of hearing be given to the Libellee by GEORGE L. T. KERR, attorney for Libellant, by mailing a certified copy of said libel, said motion and of this order to said Libellee at his present address by registered mail, return receipt requested, said receipt to be signed by the Libellee personally, and when received to be filed in this Court and cause.

DATED: Honolulu, Hawaii, this 23d day of January, 1964.

(signed) Samuel P. King (?)
    Judge of the above entitled Court

ATTEST:

(signed) W. C. Ing (?)
    Clerk
    __________________________________________________ ____

Courtesy of PlainsRadio.com... Here is the resulting divorce decree,
    which is sworn to by the judge, but not subscribed and sworn to by Ms. Stanley Ann Dunham.

Last edited by MinutemanCDC_SC; 07-25-2014 at 10:26 AM.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Justice, Supremes confirm getting eligibility challenge
    Taitz documents demanding proof of Obama's birthplace to be reviewed
    Posted: March 24, 2009
    9:29 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

Orly Taitz
    Orly Taitz

The U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Justice Department today confirmed that documentation challenging Barack Obama's eligibility to be president has arrived and soon will be evaluated.

Confirmation came from Defend Our Freedoms, the foundation through which California
    attorney Orly Taitz has been working on a number of cases that raise questions over Obama's qualification to be president under the Constitution's demand that the office be occupied only by a "natural born" citizen.

Taitz was informed by Karen Thornton of the Department of Justice that all of the case documents and filings have arrived and have been forwarded to the Office of Solicitor General Elena Kagan, including three dossiers and the Quo Warranto case.

"Coincidently, after Dr. Taitz called me with that update, she received another call from Officer Giaccino at the Supreme Court," the website posting said. "Officer Giaccino stated both pleadings have been received and [are] being analyzed now."

The report from the Supreme Court said the documents that Taitz hand-delivered to Chief Justice John Roberts at his appearance at the University of Idaho a little over a week ago also were at the Supreme Court.

WND has reported on dozens of legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Where's the proof Barack Obama was born in the U.S. or that he fulfills the "natural-born American" clause in the Constitution? If you still want to see it, join more than 340,000 others and sign up now!

Some of the legal challenges question whether he was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.

Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.

Further, others question his citizenship by virtue of his attendance in Indonesian schools during his childhood and question on what passport did he travel to Pakistan three decades ago.

Adding fuel to the fire is Obama's persistent refusal to release documents that could provide answers. While his supporters cite an online version of a "Certification of Live Birth" from Hawaii, critics point out such documents actually were issued for children not born in the state.

WND reported earlier on a proposal by U.S. Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., and the criticism he's taking for suggesting that the issue be avoided in the future by having presidential candidates supply their birth certificate.

U.S. Rep. Bill Posey

"What you should do is stop embarrassing yourself and take the Reynolds Wrap off your head," MSNBC commentator Keith Olbermann suggested to Posey.

U.S. Rep. Neil Abercrombie, D-Hawaii, has asserted Posey's judgment is skewed.

"The citizenship of someone who has reached the point of running for president of the United States is not really an issue," Abercrombie said.

Posey said he made the suggestion because he's seeking the truth, and "the more and more I get called names by leftwing activists, partisan hacks and political operatives for doing it, the more and more I think I did the right thing."

Hawaiian officials have confirmed they have a birth certificate on file for Obama, but it cannot be released without his permission, and they have not revealed the information it contains.

John Eidsmoe, an expert on the U.S. Constitution working with the Foundation on Moral Law, told WND a demand for verification of Obama's eligibility appears to be legitimate.

Eidsmoe said it's clear that Obama has something in the documentation of his history, including his birth certificate, college records and other documents that "he does not want the public to know."

Officials for the Obama campaign repeatedly have refused to comment on the questions, relenting only once to call the concerns "garbage."

Other members of Congress have been reading from what appears to be a prepared script in response to queries about Obama's eligibility:

Among the statements from members of Congress:

* Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.: "Thank you for your recent e-mail. Senator Obama meets the constitutional requirements for presidential office. Rumors pertaining to his citizenship status have been circulating on the Internet, and this information has been debunked by Snopes.com, which investigates the truth behind Internet rumors."

* Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla.: "Presidential candidates are vetted by voters at least twice – first in the primary elections and again in the general election. President-Elect Obama won the Democratic Party's nomination after one of the most fiercely contested presidential primaries in American history. And, he has now been duly elected by the majority of voters in the United States. Throughout both the primary and general election, concerns about Mr. Obama's birthplace were raised. The voters have made clear their view that Mr. Obama meets the qualifications to hold the office of president."

* Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio: "President Obama has provided several news organizations with a copy of his birth certificate, showing he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on August 4, 1961. Hawaii became a state in 1959, and all individuals born in Hawaii after its admission are considered natural-born United States citizens. In addition, the Hawaii State Health Department recently issued a public statement verifying the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate."

* U.S. Rep. Rush Holt, D-N.J.: "The claim that President Obama was born outside of the United States, thus rendering him ineligible for the presidency, is part of a larger number of pernicious and factually baseless claims that were circulated about then-Senator Obama during his presidential campaign. President Obama was born in Hawaii." The response provided no documentation.

Taitz had approached Justice Antonin Scalia during his appearance in Los Angeles before meeting with Roberts at his Idaho appearance. She's suggested that there was misbehavior at the Supreme Court because some of her earlier papers were not filed properly, nor were they returned to her.

Hers was just one of the issues reportedly presented to the Supreme Court justices in conference for an evaluation on whether a hearing should be held. No hearing ever has been held at that level on the evidence involved. Her Quo Warranto case is pending at the Justice Department. It essentially raises a demand for proof by what authority Obama has assumed the powers of president.

Here is a partial listing and status update for some of the cases over Obama's eligibility:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=92810