Page 771 of 835 FirstFirst ... 271671721761767768769770771772773774775781821 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,710 of 8348
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

47. A sturdy, fixed blade hunting knife should always be include. You can find these from Buck, Gerber, SOG, Camillus, Uncle Henry, and many others. I prefer the Camillus Pilot/Survival or Marine Combat knives. These have been made under contract for the US military for about four decades and have stood the test of time. They are also inexpensive ($25 and $35 respectively) so if one is lost or happens to break, you don't get as upset as you would should your Gerber BMF ($240) bite the dust.

48. Many people, myself included, have not been able to master the use of a sharpening stone. But with the use of a sharpening kit, such as those by Lansky, we can bring up a very sharp edge on our knives. Great for use on kitchen cutlery as well.

49. A pocket tool, such as those by Leatherman, Gerber, SOG, et al, are much more versatile than the Swiss Army Knife and their prices are comparable to the more expensive Swiss Army Knives. In the meantime, I will hang on to my SAK until I can afford a Leatherman Super Tool. (I still have a house to run.)

50. 200' to 500' of 550# test Paracord is a great addition to your supplies, especially when the 1/4" nylon cord/rope is too thick or not the right tool for the job.

51. Boiling water may be effective, but it is not the best way to purify water. Boiling removes the oxygen content and causes it to be flat. For EMERGENCY purposes only one can use un-scented household bleach to purify water, but you should use only 1/2 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water (1 tsp should the water be cloudy). The best method is to use HTH dry chlorine (65%), which can be purchased in bulk at stores like WalMart, Target, KMart, etc. (Also a great barter item.) The amount to use is 1/4 teaspoon (0.03 ounce) per 300 gallons for a 0.5 ppm of chlorine.

52. One can also get a complete cookset...cookpots, frying pan, coffee pot, plates, and cups...of good or better quality in the outdoor department of WalMart, Kmart, Target, etc., or a good outdoor supply store that sells camping equipment.

53. One should have two or three pairs of good hiking boots (U.S. issue combat boots are still the best and only cost $60-$80 mail order) in their closet and one dozen pair bootlaces per pair of boots (laces also come in handy for short term temporary uses, too). Should the long-term effect be much longer than anticipated, then the extra boots will be needed. Also a couple pair of good cross-trainers or running shoes would be advisable.

54.You should always have a handful of disposable lighters in addition to matches. They come in quite handy and you don't have to be a smoker to keep them on hand. They are inexpensive and take up very little room.

55. When we packed our food we used food-grade diatomaceous earth for the grains. All grain already has the eggs of insects in it - it's just the natural way. When they hatch out the diatomaceous earth either smothers them because the particles are so tiny or if the larvae is bigger or soft-skinned it dries them up.

I bake my own bread and grind my own flour. In some of the jars where we didn't use diatomaceous there is an occasional weevil and I grind it up - if folks eat animals then a bug or two shouldn't be a problem.

Diatomaceous earth is full of minerals and is a safe, non-toxic way to treat your food. You don't want to breathe it because the particles are so tiny but then, you don't want to inhale flour, either. It's real cheap, too.

We use 1/4 cup for a 5-gallon bucket of grain. We half-fill the bucket, sprinkle 1/2 the dust on, put the lid on, roll the bucket all around, take the lid off, fill the bucket with more grain to the top, add the rest of the dust, roll it around and you're done. You can do it in smaller batches, too. In gallon jars and then pour it into the bucket.

An added step would be to re-open and add a small piece of dry ice to the top. (I like to put it on a piece of broken pottery to keep it from "burning" the grain.) Let the lid rest on top while the dry ice sublimates into gaseous carbon dioxide and displaces bug-breathable air. Then seal tightly.

ALSO: ..I suggest sealing your bags, boxes etc. to keep from getting damp, then freezing them for 3 days..it kills the eggs. I have done this with everything I buy..it works. I have used rice, flour, etc. that is months old (re-stocking as I use). I'm sure it will work for animal feed as well.

You can also drop a couple of Bay leaves in since most bugs hate. Bay leaves are good to use in almost any food storage situation

Another good storage trick for grains and legumes is to use oxygen absorber packs that can be purchased wherever food storage supplies are sold. No oxygen = no living things, and no oxidation of the contents or the container.

To avoid 6 legged critters, vacuum seal your food (see Tilia Foodsaver) and store in 5 gallon plastic buckets with the snap on lids. Or, store food directly in the 5 gallon buckets and pay to have the buckets nitrogen injected. Costs a couple of bucks a bucket. Either of these methods will kill existing critters and prevent future contamination.

Second to vacuum sealing, you can use zip-lock bags. Fill the bag, lower it into a sink full of water until the water is just to the zip- lock. Seal the bag. Remove and dry the bag off. The water pressure pushes a lot of the extraneous gases (air) out of the bag.

Rats can, but won't gnaw into the 5 gallon buckets unless they have a reason to, like the odor of of something yummy on the other side. Properly sealed, a 5 gallon buckets should be odorless.

Rats require 3 things to survive, food, water and shelter. Remove any one of these three things and the rat population disappears.

I have used boric acid effectively for years to keep away roaches, along with Roach Prufe. The last place I was in had ants before I brought in food. One place I had and didn't prepare very many meals, had neither roaches nor ants, but I brought in weevils from the store, and they ate everything resembling a carbohydrate.

56. MAKING DO: . Stock up on kids clothing from the 2nd hand stores, jeans, sweats, warm winter clothing, and if you can't get to a store for any reason, you should have plain white/beige muslin cloth to make longs skirts & shirts once your regular clothing is gone.....but then we will also need to learn how to make clothing out of sheep's wool and grasses. You can make strong sandals out of tires so keep a few around and learning to work leather is a good idea too. There are great leather catalogs you can send for and check them out. Get a couple of old bikes too. Also get extra tubes & stuff to fix them with. Also pick up a few "fake" furs at the used clothing stores to use for covering. Or get real fur, but probably will cost more. You can get wool blankets at the Am Vets & Goodwill stores.

57. RAISING YOUR OWN CHICKENS: Here's a great idea for your meat chickens. You might want to consider feeding your chickens nothing but sprouted wheat if you don't free-range your birds. However, free-ranged chickens and their eggs are healthier to eat. Buy wheat and soak it in a bucket of water overnight. Drain off the water (give it to the chickens) and let the bucket sit for 3 or 4 days. Rinse the wheat twice a day. Once the little root pokes out it can be fed to the chickens and will have so much more vibrational energy (or spark of life) and nutrition than the unsprouted wheat kernel had.

Chickens fed only on unsprouted wheat will dress out to about 8 to 9 pounds each--this sounds incredible but it's really true. If you are going to raise chickens for meat it would be interesting to try this method. Chickens fed the regular way average 5 to 6 pounds on average.
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BASIC LIST OF SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Some people are saying we should prepare for at least 7 days, but the way things go after a hurricane, tornado, floods, loss of electricity and the fact that these disasters will continue and perhaps even get worse in coming years according to trends, one week is not enough. Some have said 7 years, but that seems too long so do what you can. Be sure to use the older stocked goods first and replace them with new. Otherwise you will end up with all old food you might not even want to eat. Always check canned tomatoes for spoilage, as even in the can they can spoil. Most other foods last a long time.

1. Water stored to last at least 5 days, at one gallon per day per person. (If you buy cases of l/2 litres - you can buy enough to last a couple of months) Recently, people are saying that water in plastic is toxic, so store water in glass if possible.

2. A good canteen and basins to catch rainwater. Also have a good supply of water purification tablets or bleach, or plan to boil your water. The surest way to purify water is to boil it for 15 to 20 minutes.

3. Food, per person, for one year:

Wheat - 300 lbs.

Rice - 100 lbs.

Beans, Peas, Lentils, 50 lbs. each

Honey or Sugar - 60 lbs.

Salt - 3 lbs. (Get 6 lbs to be sure) (See below)

Cayenne Pepper - 1 large can

Herbal Seasonings

Dried Milk - 80 lbs.

Peanut Butter - 50 lbs.

Dried Fruit

Canned food, or dried (ready to mix) food

Oatmeal - 50 lbs.

Alfalfa Seeds - 10 lbs.

Sprouts (see below)

Canned Sardines, tuna, salmon

If you have a baby, include formula and baby food. If you have pets, you will want food for them as well. Store food needs in waterproof containers, capable of also protecting against insects and mice. Use Steel garbage cans or plastic 5 gallon buckets. The vacuum sealed method is also very good. If you are storing nuts or oatmeal, they smell and taste bad after a while, so they will need to be rotated. For all storing of food, the rule is: use up the old and replace with the new.

NOTE; I recommend freezing nuts for storage.

4. Manual grain grinder

5. Medicines - Assemble a standard first aid kit, with a comprehensive first aid book. Also include things for headache, upset stomach, congestion, colds, such as Pepto Bismol, aspirin, Tylenol, Excedrin, disinfectants, prescription medicines; and anything else you use regularly. Include vitamins, apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, sage tea for colds, mint tea, golden seal, brandy (good as medicine), herbal tinctures, hops, catnip (which helps you sleep), herbs for cooking, including dried garlic and onions, cayenne pepper, cumin, basil, and coriander and salt. After you've been eating rice and beans for a few days, they'll need lots of help to make them taste good.

Also learn about herbal medicines and if you have space, grow some of your own - most are perennials and once you get the plant growing, its yours for as long as you take care of it.

See: http://www.earthmountainview.com for suggestions on herbs and growing your own food.

6. Toothbrushes, baking soda or salt to brush with, a good supply of dental floss (which can be used for other things as well) and another items you need for good tooth care.

7. Extra eye glasses

8. For a camp kitchen you need: camp stove with good supply of fuel (in wooded areas, all you need are rocks and a flat tin or grill), pots and pans, plates and bowls (unbreakable) (you can use Army surplus camp kits) cooking utensils, knife, forks, spoon, spatula, biodegradable dish soap, towels, bucket to carry water, dish pan, matches dipped in wax and stored in waterproof containers.

9. A good tent, sleeping bag for each person, extra blankets, sleeping pads, and ground cloth - and another waterproof tarp to cover your camp gear.

10. Clothing - Have clothing for all weather. Include a good warm coat and sweaters, hat for rain or shine, rain gear, a good pair of hiking boots that will take years to wear out, warm winter underwear, wool socks, summer socks (don't wear socks with holes in them as they cause blisters) (learn to darn socks) work gloves, hats, and whatever else you need for warmth and protection.

11. Hunting equipment. Hunting might be necessary for survival in some situations. Be prepared both with equipment and knowledge of how to use the equipment. First choice of a gun is a .22 caliber rifle. You can kill anything up to a deer with it. Purchase 500 rounds of .22 hollow point bullets. If you are not a good marksman, then get a 30-30 or 30-06 and at least 200 shells. A shotgun comes in handy for shooting things flying or running. The bow and arrow is still one of the best weapons. You will have to practice, and of course, you can never run out of shells. If you want to be unseen and unheard by unfriendly people, this would be a good idea.

12. Fishing equipment. - Get basic equipment. Include assorted sized hooks, fish lines, sinkers, etc. Fishing takes time, but if you are moving toward long-term survival, time is something you may have plenty of.

13. Wood stove. Get one with a secondary burn chamber. It uses less wood and creates less pollution. Get one with a flat top for cooking on.

14. Chain saw, extra gas and oil, spark plugs, chain, etc.

15. Bow saw and a tool to set the teeth with, extra blades.

16. Skill saw (for when you have electricity)

17. Axe, hatchet, files.

18. Spitting maul

19. Flashlights with extra batteries and bulbs; candles; propane, kerosene, or Coleman lantern with plenty of fuel, and extra wicks and mantles.

20. A good pocket knife and a sharpening stone.

21. Hammers, assorted nails, assorted screws, wrench set, pliers, wire cutters, screw drivers, pipe wrench, 200 feet of 1/4 inch nylon rope, duct tape.

22. Shovels, spades, hoes, and rakes with strong teeth

23. Charging system - wind, water, or solar - to pump water and provide electricity

24. Backpack - Waterproof. If you are forced to relocate, it may be all that goes with you.

25. Compass.

26. Up-to-date maps of the area you want to live in. This will show you land and water away from human habitation.

27. A 4 wheel drive vehicle with all the proper tools for maintaining it. Extra parts.

28. Tire chains for snow.

29. Radio. Have more than one. electrical and battery operated. Get a crank operated one. (See C. Crane company for this information) You'll want to know what's going on in the outside world.

30. Soap for laundry and bathing. Also learn how to make your own and have those supplies handy.

31. Natural insect repellent.

32. A mirror. You'll want to see yourself, but you can use it for signaling as well.

33. Extra toilet paper. Also keep old newspapers and telephone directories for emergencies. (Hint: if you need to use old newspaper, crinkle it up and straighten it out several times first -- it's much softer!)

34. Female needs - (Use cloth pads you can wash)

35. Baby diapers. (Use cloth you can wash) Older kids can go bare bottom when necessary. Indians used moss and grass when necessary.

36. A basic sewing kit (needles and threads)

37. Safety pins

38. Swiss Army knife

39. Bobby pins (you can work wonder with these)

40. Pencils and paper

41. Musical instruments (harmonica, flute, guitar) to lift the spirit

42. Crazy glue

43. Patch kit

In the survival sense, think warm clothing, think fleece.

Those fleece throws (the single blankets) are great gifts, roll up nice and compact and are very useful as blankets, capes, padding for sleeping on the ground, tablecloths or even hung up on a leanto to break the wind.

By the time everyone adds their ideas to your list we will all need a U-haul on the back of that 4 wheel drive vehicle. Hey not a bad idea to learn how to build your own trailer, all you need is a spare axle, couple of wheels, a hitch and some wood. Peace - Marguerite

44. Lots of good books to read.

45. .22 ammunition - amount stored should be 5000 rounds, not 500. It is small, inexpensive, and can be used as barter material if need be.

46. .30-30/.30-06 - other calibers to seriously consider are the .308, .270, .243, .223, and 7.62x39. Many people, myself included can't handle the recoil of a .30-06 (and I don't like .30-30). There are more rifles chambered in the calibers I mentioned than I can list, and all are good. It all depends on what you can afford. The amount of ammo one should store should be a minimum 1000 rounds, not 200.

Continued Below
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

3:06:37NOW PLAYING

Father & Son Build their Dream Log Cabin in the Canadian Wilderness (FULL BUILD)

41M views
    1 year ago

you might want to learn these Skills and Acquire the tools Needed.

(11 Boulder Footings for the Cabin Foundation- Ep13- Outsider Log Cabin - YouTube

(11 Walls, Windows & Door-frames- Ep31- Outsider Log Cabin - YouTube

1:00:57

Walls, Windows & Door-frames- Ep31- Outsider Log Cabin[/COLOR]

The Outsider

20:33

Cabin Flooring & Tractor Breakdown- Ep36- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

16:36

Stone Boat- Inexpensive Logging Trailer!- Ep26- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

15:50

Breaking Trail, Hauling Timber- Ep32- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

18:26

Why the Log Gaps? Chinked vs Scribed- Ep40- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

11:41

The Legend is Retiring- Ep34- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

14:10

Building Preparations & Log Treatment- Ep37- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

14:48

Heated Sawmill Bunk house built for $160- Ep25- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

24:35

Logging Upgrade! Tractor Boom Pole- Ep39- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

15:43

How I Budget for my Build- Ep44- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

23:57

Finishing the Log Cabin Exterior! / Ep85 / Outsider Cabin Build

The Outsider

6:53

1 Ton Log on my Sawmill! Bad idea?- Ep23- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

22:34

Thieves came. They Stole. They Poached. ...We take action! / Log Cabin Update- Ep 11.10

The Outsider

20:29

My Forest Sanctuary / Ep52 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

8:05

Bunkhouse / Tool Shed Construction!- Ep15- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

8:11

Christmas Bunkhouse Journey- Ep29- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

40:18

Completing the Roof Structure before Winter- Ep58- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

21:30

How I Make a Saddle Notch- Ep42- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

8:28

Celebrating Sr Outsider's Legacy

The Outsider

27:16

Gable Cladding & Snowcat Recovery / Ep78 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

26:32

Deep Snow Logging in the Canadian Wilderness / Ep79 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

18:35

Insulating the Floor (Sr Outsider's Final Episode) / Ep94 / Outsider Cabin Build

The Outsider

37:10

Finishing the First Cabin Dormer! / Ep70 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

39:34

Life After Brain Cancer. Let's Talk- Ep47- Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

25:14

Roofing a Steep 12/12 Pitch! / Ep68 / Outsider Log Cabin

The Outsider

(1419) 'One Last Build, Son.' - Log Cabin Build Off Grid - YouTube
    Last edited by Airbornesapper07; 07-26-2023 at 01:32 AM.

Activated Charcoal, Detox Uses as a Periodic Dietary Supplement

ACTIVATED CHARCOAL, DETOX USES AS A PERIODIC DIETARY SUPPLEMENT

JESUS IS LORD
    marmit

900 subscribers

Water distilling and collecting from plants

WATER DISTILLING AND COLLECTING FROM PLANTS

JESUS IS LORD
    marmit

900 subscribers

Lost Knowledge DIY Electroculture Videos for Your Garden

Sunday, May 21, 2023 12:48

This knowledge is not shared because there is no profit for the large corporations when these techniques are applied.
    Ecclesiastes 7:12
    “For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.”

Electroculture Gardening Techniques for Beginners – Elevate your garden

Cultivate Elevate on Oct 1st 2022
    What is Electroculture?
    Electroculture is the an ancient practice of increasing yields utilizing certain materials to harvest the earth’s atmospheric energy. This was presented in 1749 by Abbe Nollett, in the 1920s by Justin Christofleau, and 1940s by Viktor Schauberger. This energy is always present and all around us also known as Chi, Prana, Life force, and Aether.
    When using electroculture there is no need for the use of pesticides, manure, or fertilizers. This is primarily why this information was suppressed. All you need is the sun, the clouds, the rain, the nitrogen in the air, and the ability to harness atmospheric energy. These atmospheric antennas can be created from materials such as wood, copper, zinc, and brass. When adding these atmospheric antennas to your garden, soil, or farm they will amplify your yields, combat frost and excessive heat, reduce irrigation, reduce pests, and increase the magnetism of your soil leading to more nutrients in the long run.
    How do I make an electroculture antenna?
    Atmospheric antennas can be made out of wood dowels found at Home Depot, Lowes, or a local piece of wood from your backyard. The taller you make the antenna the larger your plants will grow. Justin Christofleua recommended 20 feet+, but any height will do. You can wrap the wood dowel or local wood with copper & zinc wiring making a fibonacci spiral or vortex up in the air facing Magnetic North. The combination of zinc and copper can work like a battery when the sun hits the the antenna. You will then place this antenna about 6-8 inches into your soil and let Mother Nature do the magic. Get creative, try different designs, and you will see the true potential of electroculture.

How does the electroculture antenna work?

The antenna harvests the energy of the earth through the series of vibration and frequency.which occur. An example are the rain, wind,and temperature fluctuations. These antennas lead to stronger plants, more moisture for the soil, and reduced pest infestations. This is one of the many reasons we have not been taught about this ancient practice.

Can I just use a copper pipe instead of making an antenna?
    You can use a copper pipe, but the best results coming from copper coils. The copper coil harness the flow of energy.
    Does electroculture work on indoor plants or potted plants?
    Electroculture works wonderfully on indoor plants! A simple chopstick can be used to create your indoor antenna.
    Instead of creating an electroculture antenna can I just wrap my plants in copper?
    The issue with wrapping plants in copper is not all plants enjoy being entangled. It is best to make a simple antenna and place it near the plants you want to help.
    How tall should the electroculture antenna be?
    You can make your atmospheric antennas as tall as you like. On average the best antennas are 6 feet+ to gather more atmospheric energy.
    How much square footage does an electroculture antenna cover?
    On average, one 6 foot antenna can cover about about 225 sqft.
    Which direction should I make my electroculture antenna?
    If you live in the Northern hemisphere you can wind your antenna clockwise.
    If you live in the Southern hemisphere you can wind your antenna Counter-Clockwise.
    Where can I find copper wire for electroculture?
    You can find copper wire at any hardware store.
    Does the copper thickness matter for electroculture?
    Any thickness of copper wiring will work, but if you would like you can always use a heavier gauge.
    Copper Gardening tools versus Iron Gardening tools: What we were never told
    When Victor schauburger was studying agriculture he noticed Copper/Brass/bronze tools would not impact the magnetism of the soil like those made of Iron. Iron tools decreased the magnetism of the soil, made the farmers work harder, and caused drought like conditions.
    While on the other hand copper/brass/bronze tools did not alter the magnetism of the soil, lead to high quality soil, and required less work when used.
    When Victor showed this to the local council they said his work would impact their profits on the fertilizer they are promoting. They decided to petition against him with the help of the local media to inform farmers they would yield too much food and it would lead to less money in their pocket. The farmers went against Victor’s work and this knowledge was lost in the 1950s.
    It is also noted that slugs only come around when high amounts of iron are present in the soil to clean up the mess their antennas are picking up. When using copper tools or atmospheric antennas the slugs disappear.
    Some interesting findings of Justin Christofleua* on electroculture plant growth:

• In fields in which were not manured or irrigated Oats grew upwards to 7 feet+
    • Potatoes grown in the same condition 6 feet 3inches high, carrying 30 to 35 tubers, and weighed 1 to 2 pounds per potato.
    • Grape vineyards impacted by Phlyloxera were healed and rejuvenated. The grapes ended up sweeter and had a much richer flavor.
    • Carrots grew to the lengths of 19 inches, beetroots to 18inches, and nearly 17 inches in circumference.
    • An old pear tree which had hardly any bark left was fully rejuvenated by electroculture and started producing pears of up to 1 pound each.

*All without the use of manure, pesticides, or fertilizer just the atmospheric energy, magnetism and telluric currents of the earth. A simple solution to solving the shortages we are all facing.

(3349) What is Electroculture? - YouTube

(3349) Electroculture Farming with Matt Roeske and Alec Zeck - YouTube

(3349) The Untold Story of Electroculture with Q & A - YouTube

Proverbs 18:15
    - The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.
    Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

In this ever changing world our health is the most important thing which we still have control over. Being pro-active on your health is just smart.
    Humic Fulvic Acid has taken the health supplement market by storm.
    But why is Humic Fulvic Acid so sought after?
    Science cannot create fulvic acid
    Fulvic acid offers a seemingly endless spectrum of benefits for human and animal health that would make any pharmaceutical company nervous. Fulvic acid cannot be made by man because it involves photosynthesis and humification.
    The process which creates fulvic acid requires nature’s recyclers, microorganisms, working in fertile, rich soil over a long period of time. Microbes decompose organic material (manure, compost, decaying plant material), in the soil to create nutrients for the plant including trace minerals, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (link is external).
    Microbes make the minerals in the soil into a useful form for plants and over time the microbes help create an amazing substance called humus (hyoo-muh s).
    “Essentially, all life depends upon the soil … there can be no life without soil and no soil without life”
    ~ Charles E. Kellogg, head of the Soil Survey in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for 37 years (1934-1971)
    We never had to worry about getting enough Fulvic acid, it simply existed in our soil and in our food, since time began. Fertile soil, and the microbial life within it, is a highly valuable natural resource critical for food security and for human health. Fertile soil is teaming with microbial life (it is interesting to note there are more bacteria in two spoonfuls of rich, fertile soil than there are humans on planet earth).
    Sustainable farming practices that add compost and organic compounds to the soil help create a robust microbial community. Microbes are required for the cycle of life. They work to break down plant and animal matter, and over hundreds and thousands of years, fulvic acid is one of the end products of decomposition.

Common agricultural practices cause the loss of Fulvic acid in food and the progressive deterioration of human health
    Over the past 50 to 100 years, farming practices that sustained humans for thousands of years have drastically changed. Chemical fertilizers, herbicides (link is external) and pesticides (link is external) were created to increase crop yield, kill insects and control weeds.
    Modern agricultural practices increase the amount of food produced but the toll this has taken on soil microbes, plant nutrients and human and animal health is underappreciated.
    While attempting to kill the pests and weeds and bolster plant production, the chemicals used in agriculture have inadvertently attacked friendly troops in the soil jungle.
    The price of growing food this way is dramatically altering the natural recycling process required in nature, and the downstream effects on human health are mounting.
    Fulvic acid may seem like “just another nutrient” that is declining in food, but it is actually the most important health-building compound because it is nature’s intended vehicle for transporting minerals and other nutrients into living cells.
    Fulvic acid is nature’s answer to depleted food and too many toxins
    Fulvic acid and humic acid are the key substances found in humus, the end result of the humification process where microbes in the soil break down once living matter, usually plants. It is believed that most of the health benefits attributed to Shilajit and humic substances are primarily due to the presence of fulvic acid.
    Fulvic acid is a very small molecule of low molecular weight. It is smaller than humic acid and penetrates the cell membrane and even the mitochondria. Because fulvic acid bonds easily to nutrients like vitamins and minerals, it efficiently delivers nutrients where they are needed. Without fulvic acid our bodies’ ability to absorb nutrients (from food or supplementation) is diminished.
    Fulvic acid’s small molecular weight coupled with the fact it is water soluble at all pH levels, makes it superior for working in the body to:

• deliver nutrients
    • bring antioxidant benefits
    • remove cellular waste products and toxins [xliii]

“You can trace every sickness, every disease and every ailment to a mineral deficiency.”
    ~ Dr. Linus Pauling, awarded two Nobel Prizes
    It is well known that minerals are required for a range of biochemical processes, but mineral deficiencies are epidemic. Our food lacks the vitamin and mineral content that it should have and most supplements do not absorb well enough to correct mineral deficiencies. The fulvic acid complex contains bioavailable minerals and trace elements that are desperately needed to combat widespread mineral deficiency in humans.
    Fulvic acid is nature’s answer to the problem that man has created with over-farming and the production of processed foods.
    Fulvic acid is a magical vehicle with 60 seats
    The main components of Fulvic acid are carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. These molecules in fulvic acid easily bond to other molecules and transport them through the body. It can possess over 70 trace elements, electrolytes, polyphenols (link is external), flavonoids, and essential amino acids.
    Naturopathic physician, Dr. Daniel Nuzum, has been studying fulvic acid since 1998. He has used fulvic acid supplements with thousands of patients, and he researches and teaches extensively about fulvic acid. Very few doctors can make this claim, and have little to no experience with fulvic acid. Dr. Nuzum is an expert and he is able to communicate a difficult concept in a way which is easy to understand. “Fulvic acts like the FedEx truck and the garbage truck,” Dr. Nuzum explained. “It delivers nutrition into the cell and carries the trash (toxins & waste) out too!”
    Fulvic acid has 60 receptor sites and because it is a carbon-based compound, it bonds easily to nutrients. Dr. Nuzum likens fulvic acid to a 60-passenger bus carrying nutrients in each of the 60 seats. The fulvic acid bus travels along to cells needing a nutrient package delivered. When it drops off the nutrient package, a seat is empty on the fulvic acid bus, so it picks up cellular waste and toxins, like the garbage man, and removes them from your system.
    The missing puzzle piece
    Many people are feeling the effects of low nutrient absorption, even in the presence of a good diet with regular intake of supplemental vitamins and minerals. This information about fulvic acid is the missing puzzle piece for many people seeking health. Whether you are fighting an infection, rebuilding health, or desire anti-aging strategies, add fulvic acid daily to help your body absorb and use needed nutrients. Take advantage of this powerful electrolyte and antioxidant.
    It is Fulvic Acid that carries these minerals into the cells and additionally makes the cells more permeable allowing these minerals to penetrate into the cells where they are utilised for a multitude of processes.
    Minerals are very important. Dr Linus Pauling, winner of two Nobel Prizes stated:
    You can trace every sickness, every disease, and every ailment, ultimately to a mineral deficiency“.
    In addition to enhancing the absorption of vitamins and minerals in our body, Fulvic Acid acts as a catalyst. A catalyst is a compound that facilitates a chemical reaction. There are literally thousands of chemical reactions that take place every minute in our bodies involving enzyme production, the movement of nutrients in and out of our cells, digestion, and so forth. In the vast majority of cases, these reactions could simply not take place at normal body temperature or would take a long period of time. Fulvic Acid acts like a catalyst in these reactions facilitating all these processes quickly and effectively.
    Dr. Eric Berg DC The 8 Benefits of Fulvic Acid

(3349) The 8 Benefits of Fulvic Acid - YouTube

Fulvic Acid is a natural, powerful antioxidant and helps to neutralise free radicals. Free radicals are harmful, highly reactive compounds that cause the destruction of soft tissues, encouraging cell mutations, altering genes, disrupting chemical and hormonal reactions within our bodies, destroying the optimal function of our glands and thus making us more susceptible to disease. This is one of the most widely acceptable theories of ageing and disease.
    When we ingest food, our digestive system, when working at optimum capacity, releases enzymes which work to break down food efficiently in order to release nutrients from food. Without these enzymes, food would not be broken down, stagnate in the stomach and gut, which would ultimately lead to toxin build-up and eventual death. Fulvic Acid activates these digestive enzymes, which are the life force of our bodies.
    We are all conscious of cleansing our bodies externally and yet few pay attention to internal cleansing. Fulvic Acid is highly effective at neutralising and detoxifying harmful toxins and pollutants including heavy metals such as lead and mercury. Fulvic Acid bonds with these heavy metals, a process called ‘chelation’, and then converts them into inactive compounds, which can be eliminated through normal excretory processes.
    Fulvic Acid is reported to increase oxygenation of all the soft tissues within our bodies. Oxygenating the cells is vital because it enhances energy production and counters numerous concerns. In 1931, the Nobel Prize Winner for physiology and medicine, Dr Otto Warburg established that oxygen deprivation was a major cause of cell mutation. Taking Fulvic Acid will help increase oxygenation of our cells and hopefully protect the genetic material within our cells.
    Iron deficiency, the second most prevalent deficiency in the world, has been shown to be addressed quickly with the use of Fulvic Acid. Unfortunately, iron is also one of the hardest minerals to metabolise putting a great burden on the liver and yet many people take synthetic iron supplements without considering this. Fulvic Acid primes the iron within our food so that it is easily utilized by the body and hence corrects deficiencies quickly and safely. This same action helps to correct numerous mineral deficiencies including magnesium which plays a key role in over 300 biochemical reactions in our bodies.

Fulvic Acid is considered to be one of the safest and most potent anti-viral substances available today. A generally accepted benefit of Fulvic Acid is that it can be used indefinitely for long periods of time without creating resistance. The implication of using Fulvic Acid for viral infections goes well beyond simply using it for colds and flu.
    When applied externally, Fulvic Acid can be used on abrasions, open cuts, wounds, leg ulcers, insect bites and numerous other skin complaints. Athlete’s foot can be avoided as Fulvic Acid displays powerful fungicidal properties and it can also be used on fungal toenails which are very difficult to eradicate using conventional drugs.
    There are many reports on the positive benefits of Fulvic acid on the cardiovascular system with many reporting control of elevated blood pressure within a few weeks of using Fulvic Acid.
    When it comes to holistic health, fulvic acid (with its array of benefits) aids in overall improvements . It makes your mind, body, and spirit healthy, happy, and wholesome. Life is just better when you take fulvic acid.
    The thing is: it can be hard to find quality supplements containing fulvic acid, as it is pretty rare. Luckily, HerbAnomic has the solution.
    HerbAnomic’s Humic and Fulvic Liquid Trace Mineral Complex
    is a revolutionary New Humic and Fulvic Acid Complex designed to support your body at the cellular level. Our product has been thoroughly tested by an ISO/IEC Certified Lab for toxins and Heavy metals as well as for trace mineral content. We KNOW we have NO lead, arsenic, mercury, aluminum etc. in our Formula.
    This Humic & Fulvic Liquid Trace Mineral complex has high trace levels of naturally occurring Humic and Fulvic Acids as well as high trace levels of Zinc, Iron, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Potassium and more.
    There is a wide range of up to 70 trace minerals which occur naturally in our Complex at varying levels. We Choose to list the 8 substances which occur in higher trace levels on our supplement panel.
    Our Formula is an exceptional value compared to other Humic Fulvic Minerals because:
    Its OXYGENATED:
    Our Extraction Process protects fragile and ancient oxygen bonds which can be broken by overbombardment of the Humic and Fulvic Molecule Matrixes. Secondarily, we use Oxygenated water in our Extraction process which adds further O2 bonds to the Humic and Fulvic Molecules. This enhances Oxygen delivery at the cellular level!
    It is always tested at 9.5+ Ph:
    Alkaline substances combat Body Acidity brought on by high sugar and carbohydrate consumption. When your body fluids contain too much acid, it’s known as acidosisIs never processed using Heat:Humic and Fulvic acids are delicate and are damaged when subjected to high heat.
    Preservative and Chemical free:
    HerbAnomic desires to avoid all unnecessary additions of Preservatives and Chemical additives. Our Complex does have beneficial Phyto-Chemicals, but never synthetic chemicals added for shelf stability.
    Allergen Free:
    We don’t add Unnecessary bulk and flavoring to our product so we are able to keep our product clear of Allergenic compounds like Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Shellfish, Legumes, Nightshades, Soy, Corn and all other potential allergenic products.
    Comes from a Pure, unpolluted, organic source:
    Free from GMOs and Man-Made Toxins-All our food supply, water and air is effected by pollution, has traces of rocket fuel, residues from petrochemicals and deposits of harmful Pesticides and Forever-Chemicals. Our source material is protected, harvested from within the earth, never coming into contact with these damaging toxins.
    Is an excellent source for Trace Minerals:
    Our food supply is devoid of mineral input and toxic herbicides, pesticides and chemicals prevent proper use of minerals by the plants. Our bodies cannot extract enough Bio-Available plant minerals from our modern era crops. This is why we need a true trace mineral complex which is BIO AVAIABLE to access these trace elements. Beyond just minerals, our product provides a Full Spectrum Humic/Fulvic Blend Complete with Amino Acids, Poly-Electrolytes, Phytochemicals, Polyphenols, Bio-Flavinoids & Trace Vitamins.
    Is from Whole, Prehisoric Plant Based origin material with Ionic Minerals and Constituents:
    Herbanomic’s complex has been carefully sourced from whole plant based material, its mineral content is ionically suspended in our liquid formulation. Our Humic Fulvic Complex is extracted directly from this natural Origin material: It Contains fully Bio-Available Minerals and other due to the large amount of electrons they possess. This causes them to bond with positively charged substances such as trace elements, oxygen particles and minerals salts. Humic and Fulvic Acids are incredibly small, so small that when they do bond, these micron sized, once elemental particles are so tiny that they are able to pass through the cellular wall and into the nucleus of the cell thus becoming Organic and BioAvailable. Synthetic vitamins and Elemental minerals that you find added to fortified foods, in chelated form in supplements and from your iron frying pan are too large to be used within the cell.
    Highly Conductive/Full of Extra Electrons:
    This is exactly what cells need for optimum functionality. Our Bodies are Bombarded with EMFs, Radiation, Radio Frequencies and many types of currents every day. Often, Cells can be confused in the high frequency exposure and perform poorly. Enter Humic and Fulvic with their high levels of electrons and High charge. Additional Electrons enable Humic acids to bond to Positively charged damaging viruses and fungi, Heavy metals and toxins removing them from the digestive system through the gut. Fulvic acids are able to charge cells with their extra electrons, enabling them to return to normal function.
    Is a Full Spectrum Complex:
    Our Humic and Fulvic Liquid Trace Mineral Complex has Minerals, Amino Acids, Poly Electrolytes, Phytochemicals, Polyphenols, Bio-Flavinoids and Trace Vitamins included with the Humic and Fulvic Acid. Our Source material is high in these constituents, wheras, other manufacturers use inferior materials.
    What Does it all Mean for You?
    CELLULAR HYDRATION

• CELLULAR OXYGEN DELIVERY
    • ENERGY PRODUCTION
      DIGESTIVE HEALTH
    • NUTRIENT ABSORPTION
    • HAIR & NAIL GROWTH
    • GOOD BACTERIA LEVELS
    • STIMULATE METABOLISM
      DEEP SLEEP & DREAMS
    • BIOFILM REDUCTION
    • BRAIN HEALTH
    • SKIN QUALITY
    • LONGEVITY
      DETOXIFICATION
    • MUSCLE REPAIR
    • RELAXATION
    • POSITIVE MOOD
    • WOUND REPAIR

• HERBANOMIC’S HUMIC & FULVIC LIQUID TRACE MINERAL COMPLEX CAN BE TAKEN BY MOUTH AND USED EXTERNALLY.
      BY MOUTH DOSAGE:
      For those beginning taking Humic & Fulvic Trace Minerals:
      Begin with one teaspoon taken twice a day by mouth with or without Unchlorinated water.
      WHEN: About a half hour to an hour before meals for optimum absorption.
      Build to full dosage of (1 Tablespoon twice a day) over 3-7 day’s time.
      NOTE:
      For optimum freshness, it is recommended to not drink directly from Bottle. Please refrigerate after opening.
      WHY BEGIN SLOW?
      Humic and Fulvic acids act as a chelating agent in your body, bonding with positively charged free radicals, heavy metals, toxins, radioactive elements as they clean your cells.
    • Fulvic acid also has proven power to deregulate production of biofilms excreted by bad bacteria (gingivitis, dental carries, e-coli, etc), fungus, molds, yeasts (like candida), and parasites.
    • Taking a Humic and Fulvic extract product transfers many built up toxic elements and in so doing causes a detoxification. in order to prevent yourself from experiencing any detox side effects, we suggest beginning with a gradual dose.
    • For those who have supplemented with Humic and Fulvic before, beginning with full dosage or even increasing dosage by 50% will generate more therapeutic effects.​
    • HOW WILL YOU NOTICE HERBANOMIC’S HUMIC & FULVIC LIQUID TRACE MINERAL BLEND WORKING WHEN USED INTERNALLY?
      Only you can judge how Humic and Fulvic Trace Minerals may work for you:
      Things to watch for include:
    • Deeper Sleep and more vivid or memorable occurrence of dreams
    • Relaxed muscles, joints and increased joint mobility/flexibility (A reduction of lactic acid is common through Humic & Fulvic supplementation)
    • Even, Long-lasting increased Energy (the body’s hydration will improve and cellular conductivity and oxygenation as well, increasing its ability to perform better.
      Overall Hydration: from eyes to the skin, to the colon, hydration results are measured in smoother skin, fewer blemishes, reduction of hang nails, fewer ridges in nails, luminous skin, improved coloring and texture, smoothed lines and wrinkles, reduction in dry eye symptoms, improved ability to eliminate.
    • 100% Money Back Guarantee
      If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of Humic & Fulvic Liquid Trace Mineral Complex, please return for a full refund. No questions asked.
    • Humic & Fulvic acid applied topically can benefit your skin.
      Humic acid’s natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties can be especially helpful as an application for skin conditions like contact dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
      Humic and Fulvic Acid have been used for thousands of years as a natural antibiotic and wound dressing.
      Our Humic & Fulvic Liquid Trace Mineral Complex can be added to a Spray bottle and applied directly to burns, wounds and problem skin for direct absorpion. The Skin can absorb the Fulvic Acids and their minerals while the Humic Acid will reduce surface infection as well as impede the action of viral, fungal or years activity. Its high Alkalinity even aleviates pain from bee stings and insect bites which are acid based.
      As a Mouth RInse:
      Humic and Fulvic Minerals can do a lot of good when rinsed in the mouth. The first direct benefit is the addition of minerals within the pourous tooth enamel structure, the second is to reduce the ability for gingivitis, halitosis and dental caries to conceal themselves in biofilm. The ability for fulvic acid to reduce biofilm production exposes these bacterial colonies and removes their protection.
      Many Infections and poor health problems stem from the mouth. With the use of humic and fulvic acids within the body and utilizing its use as a rinse, the body can fight infection in the mouth on two fronts and remineralize teeth!
      Read Herbonomic’s Humic Fulvic Reviews Here.

Allison Foley • Verified Buyer
    Humic & fulvic - 09-22-2020
    We purchased this along with the mitosynergy copper 1 as we knew we were lacking essential minerals & vitamins due to being vegetarian. The minute we took our 1st 5ml of humic/fulvic we felt it, absolutely amazing, I have since purchased more and it’s due any day now. I will be recomme …Read More
    Order Your’s Now By Clicking Here!
    Advanced Study Reveals Improved Liver Function And Reduce Oxidative Stress In Patients With Chronic Hepatitis B.

Hydrogen Water & Ionized Water w/Silver Particles, Research for You Immune System – 2021 the Year of Alternative Medicine.
    Diabetes Improvements Worth Knowing. The Information Contained In This Article Can Help You Improve Your Quality Of Life!

(334 God's Touch - Skin Cancer and Genetics (Jeff Osburn) - YouTube

Survival essentials: How to prepare an efficient fishing kit

Sunday, May 21, 2023 by: Zoey Sky
    Tags: bug out, bugout bag, disaster, emergency food, fish, fishing, food freedom, food supply, Gear, homesteading, how-to, off grid, preparedness, prepper, prepping, self sufficiency, SHTF, survival, survival food, survival kit, survivalist, tips
    1,890VIEWS

(Natural News) Before disaster strikes and you have limited means of acquiring food for your family, you should consider learning how to fish.
    To improve your chances of catching fish, learn about fishing, practice fishing using survival fishing methods and include a carefully planned fishing kit in your survival gear.
    While you can save time by purchasing a ready-made survival fishing kit, these products won’t always have items that you will need when SHTF.
    For best results, you should learn how to prepare an efficient fishing kit and pack the things yourself. (h/t to Survivopedia.com)
    Artificial baits and lures

Flies, jig heads, metal spoons and plugs can help you catch a diverse array of fish species. These items are also stored well in kits.
    Get small glow-in-the-dark lures and jigs for both ice fishing and night fishing.
    If possible, avoid plastic baits because they can break down, melt and stick together if you sometimes leave your fishing kit in an area with high temperatures or keep it stored for long a long time.
    Replace treble hooks with single or double hooks so you can pack lures flatter in smaller kits.
    Bait

Unless you have a way to dehydrate fresh bait, it won’t store well in your survival kit. Instead, buy dehydrated mealworms.
    Synthetic bait stores better and you can store synthetic crappie bites or salmon eggs in small plastic tubes with PVC end caps or repurposed plastic needle holders.
    Fishhook recommendations

Long-shank Aberdeen & O’Shaughnessy fishhooks are great for survival fishing because the long shank gives you something to grab when removing hooks from fish. You can also use these hooks to tie flies and make plugs, spoons, jigs and other artificial baits. Simply add a shaped aluminum spoon from a beverage can, carve a wooden plug or body, add scraps of brightly colored cloth or reflective adhesive tape, or tie on some hair or feathers.
    Additionally, the long shank can help prevent toothed fish from biting through your line.
    You can also get weedless hooks or short-shanked baitholder hooks if they are effective on species found in the area where you are going to be using your kit.
    If you have enough space in your kit, get a range of hook sizes since they nest better for packing in a small resealable bag. It’s better to get smaller rather than larger sizes, especially since “you can catch a big fish on a small hook, but you can’t catch a small fish on a big hook.”
    The more baited hooks you get in the water, the better your chances of catching fish and the better your chances of survival.
    Seal indicating desiccant pellets in the bag with your hooks to prevent rusting.
    If you think you might have to fish in saltwater, get stainless steel hooks or other materials and finishes suitable for use in saltwater.
    Saltwater fishing hooks are usually made of one of two materials: Stainless steel or high-carbon steel.
    Stainless steel hooks are corrosion-resistant, but brittle, while high-carbon steel hooks will rust, but are more forgiving of bends and twists. Both materials require care and maintenance to sustain.
    Fishing line tips

You will need a lighter fishing line in the 8-15 lbs. range for small fish and baitfish.
    Use a heavier fishing line in the 30-60 lbs. range for gamefish and hand line in the 80-200 lbs. range of hand, trot, bank and drop lines and for float and foot or sinker lines for gill nets, if you want to make one.
    Attempting to take fish that needs a line stronger than 60 lbs. in a survival scenario could result in either injury or even damaged or lost equipment.
    The braided line is great as a fishing line for survival fishing kits. Look for 85-188 lbs. Kevlar, 200 lbs. Technora, type 1A paracord, or tarred bank line for the heavier handline.
    Store your fishing line on a thread card or kite winder.
    Use a silicone bobbin, handline reel/caster, or a small Cuban yo-yo to help prevent braided line from kinking and to cast and retrieve the fishing line.
    Floats

When prepping your fishing kit, get plastic Adjust-a-Bubble floats that are more rugged than Styrofoam floats. The former also packs flatter than round bobbers.
    You can also improvise floats from wood if you have a sharp knife in your kit.
    Gaff hook

Lash a large 6/0-9/0 long-shank O’Shaughnessy hook to a short handle to make a gaff hook and prevent loss during landing, which is usually when most fish are lost.
    Gig or fish spearhead

If the fish aren’t biting, you can try catching fish with a spear.
    Use a paralyzer gig head because it’s compact and lightweight. Prepare the shaft and use zip ties or cordage to lash it to the shaft to make a gig or fish spear.
    Add a band of surgical tubing or other elastic material to the base if you want to make a fling spear.
    Leaders and leader wire

You will need wire leaders if you are fishing for toothy predatory species that may otherwise bite through your line.
    If you want variety in your kit, add knot-able, coated stainless steel leader wire, strong swivels and snap hooks so you can make the type and length of leader you need.
    Like braided fishing lines, only certain knots work with knot-able leader wire, so add notes in the instructions you include in your kit.
    Moisture management

Always store your fishing kit in a water-resistant pouch or box to prevent water from getting in.
    Adding indicating desiccants will absorb moisture and non-toxic, odorless, tasteless rust preventatives will prevent rust.
    Indicating desiccants include beads that change colors when they have adsorbed water and can be reused after the water is dried out of them by heating them in an oven.
    Choose equipment made of rust-resistant materials so your equipment can still be used when needed.
    Most fishhooks and hardware made from ferrous metals will eventually rust and cheap freshwater hooks used in saltwater will rust faster.
    Reference materials, like fishing instructions and knot diagrams

Even if you are an experienced fisherman, you can still benefit from having reference materials about the basics of fishing.
    If SHTF, there’s a chance you won’t be operating near your full cognitive capacity due to factors like fear, pain, injury, or hunger. This highlights the need to also prepare potentially life-saving information that is difficult to remember.
    Your fishing kit should include diagrams of trot, bank and drop lines for various species and fishing knots, and info on which knots are best for braided line or knot-able leader wire, or joining different types and sizes of line.
    Even if you think you already know these things by heart, someone else could end up using your kit to save lives. (Related: Food supply 101: Fish, a cheap and easy survival food.)
    Speedhook snares

Military Speedhook snares are lighter than fishing yo-yos and are highly effective. They can be set at any depth and can also be used to catch birds and squirrels.
    Like bank lines, they also fish for you while you take care of other tasks when SHTF. Unlike bank lines, they set the hook.
    Sturdy storage containers and extending item storage life

Some fishing gear stores better than others and manufacturers recommend replacing monofilament fishing lines after one year or two. After this period, they become brittle and are easier to break.
    Fluorocarbon lines last a little longer at four to six years, while braided fishing lines should be replaced after eight to 12 years.
    If you fish frequently, you know that you can still catch fish with old fishing lines. But when SHTF, it’s better not to leave things to chance. Make sure you replace the items in your fishing kit regularly.
    Consider the type of line you choose, and opt for lines that can be stored for years before use so they last longer in your kit.
    Sharp fishhooks give you a greater chance of landing your catch, but they can become dulled by bumping up against hard equipment in your fishing kit. They can also puncture plastic bags or expensive water-resistant pouches if stored improperly, resulting in water getting into the kit.
    You can protect the points of fishhooks by stripping a short length of insulation of electrical wire that is a bit smaller in diameter than the hook itself. Push the tip of the hook into the insulation. This takes up very little space in your kit and can help protect your hook from your kit and vice versa.
    Swivels

Swivels help prevent your fishing line from twisting and getting tangled. Sturdy swivels and snap hooks are small and can be used for casting with a handline.
    Choose saltwater swivels and snap hooks rated for your leader wire so you don’t have to carry more than one size.
    They can also be used with wire snares to prevent trapped animals from breaking the wire by twisting it. If you have extra space in your kit, include heavier swivels for trapping in your survival or fishing kit.
    Tools

Include a small pair of sturdy pliers and a knife in your fishing kit.
    If space is an issue, include a scalpel blade or Derma-Safe razor in your fishing kit.
    Weights

Removable split shot sinkers and bank sinkers will cover many of your survival fishing needs, but having a couple of egg sinkers may come in handy for casting with a handline.
    If you are fishing on land, make improvised weight from pebbles and leader wire or a length of brass snare wire.
    Casting with handlines requires heavier sinkers that many recreational fishermen will often use with their fishing rods.
    Before SHTF, prepare a comprehensive fishing kit so you can find food for your family when it and other resources become scarce.
    Watch the video below to learn more about other useful items you should include in your survival and fishing kit.

This video is from the Daily Videos channel on Brighteon.com.
    More related stories:

Prepping tips: 16 Alternative containers for your bug-out gear.
    Survival essentials: 5 Bushcraft skills for preppers.
    Prepping 101: How to create and store a survival kit.
    Sources include:
    Survivopedia.com
    TakeMeFishing.org
    Brighteon.com

Survival essentials: How to prepare an efficient fishing kit – NaturalNews.com